View Full Version : Ask the Jinx thread.

Pages : [1] 2

elveiel
10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Spinkjinx is like the training and nutrition rooms personal trainer.

You better ask your questions soon before he starts charging!

:D

triggerhappy
10-21-2004, 03:01 PM
i was thinking about buying a punching bag for my house. i cant really hang a bag in my home so i wanted to get a water base filled bags and i also saw one that is water base filled and it is shaped like a man. so just gimme your thoughts

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 04:33 PM
i was thinking about buying a punching bag for my house. i cant really hang a bag in my home so i wanted to get a water base filled bags and i also saw one that is water base filled and it is shaped like a man. so just gimme your thoughts

Crap dont go with those....Since you cant hang anything in your house, I suggest this..

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1733921&cp=710957.694342&parentPage=family

I dont know if you are from the u.s. or not but at sams club, they have an everlast set...It has a stand and a 70lb heavybag and a speed bag for like $149.99

Best deal you will get.

Fat Shamz
10-21-2004, 05:06 PM
i wonder if thos things are available in canada?

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 05:24 PM
i wonder if thos things are available in canada?

Look around, they seem to be coming down in price...Im sure you can get them, go with one of those stay away from waterfilled bags...

boxer2k5
10-22-2004, 02:15 AM
i was planning on getting one of those
they have them at the models near me for the same price

blockburna944
10-23-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey Jinx,
What kind of training program do you follow (what do you do each, what variety of training, etc.)

Thanks

spinksjinx
10-23-2004, 07:09 AM
Hey Jinx,
What kind of training program do you follow (what do you do each, what variety of training, etc.)

Thanks

Monday-Saturday, I will do boxing and lifting routines and on sunday I will take a 3-6 mile jog. I also do ab work everyday.

My boxing routines consist of

jump rope
heavy bag
speed bag
shadow box
double end bag

I do about 15 3 minute rounds of those.

My lifting is like this

Squats
Incline Bench Press
underhand pulldowns
overhead dumbbell press
dips
barbell/dumbbell curls-I switch these up for instance I will do one set of barbells and then one set of dumbells and then one set of barbells another set of dumbells.

I life pretty light and do 15x4.

My ab routine consists of

Crunches
Bicycle crunches
Standing Twists

with sets of 25x4

Also I will spar when I get the chance usually doing 6-10 3 minute rounds.

That about sums it up.

blockburna944
10-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Thats sounds pretty intense. Thanks for the reply.

spinksjinx
10-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Thats sounds pretty intense. Thanks for the reply.

No problem, Anytime...It isnt really all that bad once your body gets used to it though....

Real Deal
10-24-2004, 08:44 AM
Spinksjinx, are those energy powders good? They like protein powders but they give energy.

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Spinksjinx, are those energy powders good? They like protein powders but they give energy.

I wouldnt recommend them....You can get your source of energy from better sources.

However, Supplements are great if you dont have access to certain foods because they are simply to time consuming to prepare and such.....

If you want energy though, I would recommend and E.C.A. stack.

Real Deal
10-24-2004, 11:39 AM
Spinksjinx, biolab products have powders for sportsmen and powders for atheletes seperate. The powders for athlete are filled with alot of protein and some vitamins and amino acid. But the powders for sportsmen contain 40% protein and it says there on the info that it helps to recover after training and makes the nitrogen positive in the organism etc. it has different good things in it and less protein.

I was thinking if I would use the powder for sportsmen after boxing training and powder for atheletes after weight training.

What do you think?

Real Deal
10-24-2004, 11:41 AM
Spinksjinx, what exactly is creatine and should I use that too?

Real Deal
10-24-2004, 11:43 AM
Spinksjinx, you can look the info about the powder for sportsmen here http://www.biolab.ee/Tootekaart_Sport_pro.htm if you scroll down there you can see what it contains, I think you would understand some of the words there because they are similar to english.

Real Deal
10-24-2004, 11:45 AM
It says there that the powder for sportsmen cleans organism, gives more energy, rebuilds the cells, makes bones stronger etc.

elveiel
10-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Dear Mr Jinx,

I have been having some problems and i'm a little worried....

HA HA!! :D

How the thread going? its making you and popular and busy man!!

Are you having any problems with the downloads?

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 12:32 PM
spired-It wouldnt hurt to try them, I wouldnt recommend them...You would be better at putting your money forth towards some good protein (which already has vitamins and amino acids and the whole shabang inside)....Or put the money towards some plentiful natural foods....

Also, Creatine supposedly helps people lift more and be more energetic, I tried it when I was lifting and I gained a bit of strength but soon as I went off the gains had went away. People had various effects on them with it some worked great some worked horrible, I was in the horrible bunch...Creatine is one of those supplements that you can try it and if it works good you got something if not stay away...I gained a lot of acne from it as well...But your body is different and might do help or might do harm....

Also creatine puts water into the muscles, with lifting is ok however I dont see it being to positive while boxing...Although a lot of sprinters and such use it...It is based entirely up onto how the body reacts.

But back to the subject on the powders, It would be best if you would just put your money towards a good whey protein a nice daily multivitamin supplement and natural foods.

When it comes to supplements you want to stick to the basics, Remember a company will tell you anything but your body will tell you the truth...Not all supplements are good, stick to the basics.

eveiel-Vent let it all out. :)

Threads going great, it is good to help people out when needed...Makes me feel good and makes the people feel even better (I hope)

I havent downloaded anything yet, Im finishing up on getting gta-san andreas and a few other games...Although I had just found some Evander Holyfield amateur footage Im dying to sink my teeth into.

Real Deal
10-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Spinksjinx, does your protein contain amino acid and minerals etc.? What is your protein powder called? What supplements do you use. Do you only use centrum and protein powder?

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Spinksjinx, does your protein contain amino acid and minerals etc.? What is your protein powder called? What supplements do you use. Do you only use centrum and protein powder?

http://www.vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=B17DC3F8644A47BB9A7F5322BF258C81&PID=1284&np=0

The only supplements I am on at the moment is the whey protein and the E.C. stack...But tomorrow I am off the E.C. stack and just sticking to whey.

Real Deal
10-25-2004, 10:14 AM
Spinksjinx, I mix the protein drink with syrup. Is that good or will it be less effective then?

spinksjinx
10-25-2004, 10:42 AM
Spinksjinx, I mix the protein drink with syrup. Is that good or will it be less effective then?

Less effective and I wouldnt do it...It will slow down into getting into your body only mix it with water nothing else.

Real Deal
10-25-2004, 12:21 PM
Less effective and I wouldnt do it...It will slow down into getting into your body only mix it with water nothing else.

Spinsjinx, I mix it with water, but I put a little bit syrup in it too! It only for the taste. Your protein powder has chocolate or something else taste in it...

Dyl-G
10-25-2004, 09:55 PM
hey jinx i need to know what you do to work your obelque(?) muscles on the sides to be able to take those hits in the kidneys. if you could tell me what excersise you do and plz give me the definition/explanation of how you do it... thank you very much my daime.

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 12:31 AM
spired-Thats like saying, I mix it with milk for the taste...It doesnt matter syrup will digest it slow then milk, sorry bud but you need to mix only with water in order for it to be completely effective....Thats just the way it is....

Dyl-G

Bicycle Crunches

http://www.big-blue-ball.com/exercises_bicycle-crunches.htm

Crunches

http://www.emedx.com/pt/exercises/images/back_crunches-1.jpg

Like th at photo, I rise up a few inches and I usually use a 25/35 pound weight on my chest as well.

Seated Twists

http://www.fitness3.com/uprighttwistmb.htm

I will do them like in the picture shown with a medicine ball, or put a stick behind my back rest it on my neck and stretch my arms out onto the stick and twists

Doing 4 sets of 25

Real Deal
10-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Spinksjinx, do you take vitamins and mineral pills? Should I take centrum pills twice a day? One in the morning and one when I go to sleep... ?

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Spinksjinx, do you take vitamins and mineral pills? Should I take centrum pills twice a day? One in the morning and one when I go to sleep... ?

Im on no vitamins at the moment. But when I do I take centrum twice a day.

Real Deal
10-26-2004, 10:37 AM
Spinksjinx, I've been told that taking the protein water mix with little bit of syrup, like 1:9, that it not less effective...

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Spinksjinx, I've been told that taking the protein water mix with little bit of syrup, like 1:9, that it not less effective...

The syrup will slow it down from getting into your system and helping to rebuild and grow more muscles...You need the protein within 30 minutes to an hour into your system for anything to happen...With syrup and milk and what not it will easily take 90 minutes to 2 hours....You dont need that and your body doesnt need that....

When I say your body needs it by 30 minutes to an hour, I mean it has to be drank in that amount of time....

Trust me man you want to mix it with water if you want things to happen...Their isnt a way around this.

Real Deal
10-26-2004, 11:48 AM
but if I quit training then it takes about 40 minutes until I get home and drink the protein...

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 12:30 PM
but if I quit training then it takes about 40 minutes until I get home and drink the protein...

Pack it in a bag with an ice pack and keep it cold.

Real Deal
10-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Jinx, what exactly is creatine and is it so much different than protein powder? I've heard that people get better results with creatine... It makes me think that protein powder is useless...

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Jinx, what exactly is creatine and is it so much different than protein powder? I've heard that people get better results with creatine... It makes me think that protein powder is useless...

Creatine is just a supplement that puts water into your muscles...

If you think protein is useless smack yourself in your head right now....Protein is the core building block for building muscle. YOU NEED PROTEIN,dont question it.

Real Deal
10-26-2004, 07:01 PM
So I could still accomplish good lookin' muscle with only using protein powder? without creatine? I have been told that alot of athletes use creatine...

Dyl-G
10-26-2004, 07:07 PM
thanks spinks, really big help! ( not being sarcastic)

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 08:07 PM
dyl-G-Not a problem...

Spired-Yes protein is the building block for muscle, one thing you have to realize is that muscle isnt made overnight nor is it weeks or months it can be years....

When I use to lift and go to the gym everyday, I use to tell people who are their for a quick fix.

Fitness isnt a thing you can pick up and do, it is a lifestyle....That is cold truth right their...

With enough amount of protein and a clean diet and exercise you will be on the road to your dream body.

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 07:19 AM
Should I do exercises in the morning?

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 07:24 AM
Should I lift heavy in the gym, like so I could do it 6 times? 3 sets

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Is it cool, when I take protein twice a day 30 gramms. After school I drink it, then I would chill for an hour then go lift weights and drink protein after that again. And when I have boxing training then I take protein after school and then chill for about 3 hours and then go training and take protein after training?

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 09:48 AM
You wanting to do this for boxing or just put on muscle????

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 10:27 AM
For boxing, but muscle comes with boxing too...

triggerhappy
10-27-2004, 10:47 AM
i heard if you put honey in your protein shake it helps you digest the protein better. is this true?

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 11:30 AM
dyl-G-Not a problem...

Spired-Yes protein is the building block for muscle, one thing you have to realize is that muscle isnt made overnight nor is it weeks or months it can be years....

When I use to lift and go to the gym everyday, I use to tell people who are their for a quick fix.

Fitness isnt a thing you can pick up and do, it is a lifestyle....That is cold truth right their...

With enough amount of protein and a clean diet and exercise you will be on the road to your dream body.

This is how homosexuals think.

Your "dream body" ? MEN don't think like this.

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 11:42 AM
This is how homosexuals think.

Your "dream body" ? MEN don't think like this.

Everyone has a mental picture of how they would like to look.....

Trigger-No honey is the same as syrup it will just slow it down....JUST WATER!!!!!!

JUST WATER!!!

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm just f*cking around.

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm just f*cking around.

Forgiven, but not forgotten :mad:

J/P all is well...

!!!Just Water!!!

Sorry had to add that in their.

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I can't drink that tasteless protein with plain water, for example your has vanilla in it then it also will digest slower...

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 12:29 PM
I can't drink that tasteless protein with plain water, for example your has vanilla in it then it also will digest slower...

Mine is chocolate flavored and the flavor of the protein has nothing it will digest, if you are having that hard of a time buy another thing of protein...

However you could just put it in your mouth and swallow it with water to do it at once and finish off a bottle of water instead of mixing it if it is that hard for you......

You could also mix it with crystal light, that would be your best bet if you cant handle it though...SWeriously give crystal light a try with it mixed.

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 12:32 PM
WHat is crystal light?

Is it necessary to do exercise in the morning?

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 12:36 PM
WHat is crystal light?

Is it necessary to do exercise in the morning?

You mix it with water and comes in a variety of flavors and has no extra additives like sugar, very healthy alternative to water....

I like to workout in the morning due to the fact if you workout before you eat it burns like 3x's as much fat especially good on cardio days.

But exercising anytime is ok, get yourself on a set schedule though.

Exercising anytime is better than no time.

triggerhappy
10-27-2004, 02:45 PM
hey spinks your saying i can just put a scoop of protein in my mouth and just wash it down with water?

Real Deal
10-27-2004, 05:51 PM
Spinks, I will just use the protein with syrup until I get whey, alright?

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 06:52 PM
hey spinks your saying i can just put a scoop of protein in my mouth and just wash it down with water?

Correct, but you better make sure to finish off that bottle of water you are drinking.....

Spired-Suit yourself.

triggerhappy
10-27-2004, 07:47 PM
thats a great i idea it will be easier to drink now..thanks man

spinksjinx
10-27-2004, 10:00 PM
thats a great i idea it will be easier to drink now..thanks man

No problem anytime.

Real Deal
10-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Jinx man. I sent them an email. And they replied. They said that the protein doesn't contain any flavour, because the protein "eats" the flavour. And they said it's not less effective with syrup.

Dyl-G
10-28-2004, 11:15 PM
hey spinks i got 1 more question about the abdominals. i noticed that my upper abs are a lot more developed and stronger than the bottom ones. i was wondering if u knew any excersises i could do to really work the bottom ones. like specify them. anything will help (defintions/examples will help a lot.) thank you.

spinksjinx
10-29-2004, 10:04 AM
hey spinks i got 1 more question about the abdominals. i noticed that my upper abs are a lot more developed and stronger than the bottom ones. i was wondering if u knew any excersises i could do to really work the bottom ones. like specify them. anything will help (defintions/examples will help a lot.) thank you.

Try some leg raises.

Lay on the ground flat and raise your legs up to a 90 degree angle (or as far as you can get them) These are pretty tough so they may take a while, but dont give up.

spinksjinx
10-29-2004, 10:06 AM
Jinx man. I sent them an email. And they replied. They said that the protein doesn't contain any flavour, because the protein "eats" the flavour. And they said it's not less effective with syrup.

Hey if you want to go by what a company tells you rather then a personal reference be my guest, but dont expect the results you are wanting to get....

Let me break it down, you need the protein into your body ASAP

Now put water on a tablespoon and drop it on the floor, whats it do? Just drops really fast right?

Now put syrup on a tablespoon and drop it on the floor, whats it do? It drips and is much slower....

Common sense man, you need it into your body fast and water will get it their syrup will not.....

Companies will tell you anything for you to buy their products, im not getting paid for what im telling you.

Real Deal
10-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Jinx you are right man. I am getting Whey2 800g evolution. It has CFM whey portein. I dont know what CFM is. And it has flavours chocolate and strawberry. Also there are other whey products, but I'm not sure wich one I'm gonna choose.

spinksjinx
10-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Jinx you are right man. I am getting Whey2 800g evolution. It has CFM whey portein. I dont know what CFM is. And it has flavours chocolate and strawberry. Also there are other whey products, but I'm not sure wich one I'm gonna choose.

Sounds good, Some flavors can be down right disgusting though especially a lot of chocolates....See if you can get some sample packets first so you can see if you like the taste.

Real Deal
10-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Jinx, I am getting the 50% collagen and 50% whey protein powder. it has 86% of protein. Is that good?

Dyl-G
10-30-2004, 06:34 PM
alright spinks you have really helped me a lot and i have just one more question. i want to start lifting weights but i need a weight lifting routine. i go to a gym so i have access to all machines. i am 135 pounds and 5' 7" if you could give me a good routine that would compliment my boxing workout which is: 15 min jump rope, 9 min shadowboxing, 9 min heavy bag, 12 min of mitts, 9 min of double end bag, and 9 min of speed bag, and 15 min of running. thank you spinks the main daime jinx :D

Real Deal
10-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Jinx man where you at? I am getting this whey2 evolution. It has 90g of whey protein per 100g. It says on the info that thats the purest protein in the market. Is that good? Im getting Ultra Gel too for joints.

Real Deal
10-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Im gettng this http://www.amazon.ee/main.php?main=product&com_manufact=12&current=11

TysonForeman
10-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Spinks, do you know the training programs of any lightweight champions?

spinksjinx
11-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Wow, havent been online in a few days...A lot of crap going on in reality...Anyways im back on track and answer some questions...

Spired-That whey should be fine and will do you good...Hope you enjoy it, I dont knwo about the purest but it will serve its purpose so thumbs up.

Dyl-G-You want a total full body workout and not exercises to tighten you up, Here is the one I use and it is pretty effective and have really helped me...Im more loose, faster, hitting harder and the whole 10 yards (I can go the extra 1)

Squats-15x4
Straight leg raises-15x4
Incline Bench press-15x4
Overhead dumbell press-15x4
Underhand pulldown-15x4
Dips-15x4
Barbell/dumbbell bicep curls-15x4

For the bicep curls, I will do 1 set of dumbbells and then barbell and then dumbbell and then barbell for a total of 4.

I lift pretty light overall, remember to keep good form and dont jerk...Light weights is what you want...Lift what is light for you because nobody has the same strength but lift LIGHT!!!

TysonForeman-I use to have a few, it is stuffed away in my portfolio I could take a look and see if they are still their....

What type of routine you really looking for though? Each body is different so some styles might not suit you and what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Real Deal
11-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Sinks man, I ordered Ultra Gel, it a joint food.

mbclk55
11-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey if you want to go by what a company tells you rather then a personal reference be my guest, but dont expect the results you are wanting to get....

Let me break it down, you need the protein into your body ASAP

Now put water on a tablespoon and drop it on the floor, whats it do? Just drops really fast right?

Now put syrup on a tablespoon and drop it on the floor, whats it do? It drips and is much slower....

Common sense man, you need it into your body fast and water will get it their syrup will not.....

Companies will tell you anything for you to buy their products, im not getting paid for what im telling you.

This is all wrong. Your bodies reaction versus the reaction of spilled liquid on a floor are not comparable. Depending on the type of syrup, it may actually increase the uptake of protien into your muscles/system. Sugars (like those found in syrup) create a ****e in insulin which allows for faster absorption of nutrients into the body. It is the reason that many athletes and bodybuilders take Insulin to gain muscle. It is also one of the reasons eating sweets can make you fat. Take the syrup with your protien immediatly post workout. Other times of the day (like before bed or between meals) mixing with milk is ok - slow delivery of protien during the day creates for a good, consistant anabolic state. DONT use milk with protien post workout, and try to avoid the syrup any time but post workout.

I appreciate the advice you give Spinx and you are very knowledgeable in the boxing area (significantly more so then myself), and your training advice is decent, but be careful with the supplements and nutrition advice. You may want to research some of this a little more.

No offense or insults intended towards anyone. Just want to help.

TysonForeman
11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Spinks I'm just curious and would like to see an example, how about one from a non-stop swarmer type that has great stamina, those are my favorite fighters. Any example would be appreciated.

Dyl-G
11-01-2004, 07:06 PM
thank you very much spinks im also looking for the speed and stamina but i just wanted something to tighten up i think that will really help. but what are underhand pulldowns? thank you again

TysonForeman
11-01-2004, 08:06 PM
They're just pulldowns with your palms facing towards you. Underhand pull ups are probably better, but if you can't do those, then use the pulldown machine.

spinksjinx
11-01-2004, 08:10 PM
This is all wrong. Your bodies reaction versus the reaction of spilled liquid on a floor are not comparable. Depending on the type of syrup, it may actually increase the uptake of protien into your muscles/system. Sugars (like those found in syrup) create a ****e in insulin which allows for faster absorption of nutrients into the body. It is the reason that many athletes and bodybuilders take Insulin to gain muscle. It is also one of the reasons eating sweets can make you fat. Take the syrup with your protien immediatly post workout. Other times of the day (like before bed or between meals) mixing with milk is ok - slow delivery of protien during the day creates for a good, consistant anabolic state. DONT use milk with protien post workout, and try to avoid the syrup any time but post workout.

I appreciate the advice you give Spinx and you are very knowledgeable in the boxing area (significantly more so then myself), and your training advice is decent, but be careful with the supplements and nutrition advice. You may want to research some of this a little more.

The spoon incident was just an example.

The only time, I have ever spoken low on taking milk/syrup with protein is for post workout...Sure it is fine if you take it before and a good while after a workout, I dont recommend it though, Milk is garbage in my book and you are adding a lot of sugar and saturated fats you dont need into your body and their are healthier snacks plus it HIGHLY depends on your goals for a boxer, I cant say I would recommend mixing it with milk...Fruit with a mixture of water and yogurt would be the best bet if you got a blender...Dont believe the hype milk isnt good for you although it wont hurt to take it as long as it isnt a post workout shake and you dont care about adding the fats and calories into your daily caloric deficit, however I would oblige and would use it up for much better foods.

Syrup is thick, trust me it will slow down once going into your body...However he never really stated what type of syrup he was using in his protein shake to begin with.

Also if anyone is having trouble drinking their protein shakes and want some recipes on how to down them, I have found a nice list that I think will be helpful to you guys so you might want to give them a look.

http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Information/Fitness/protein.htm

*Also makes sure this one of these recipes will fit into your diet nicely some can go overboard, these are just examples*

TysonForeman-I will give a look into it and send you a pm or post the information at a later time.

Dyl-G-Underhand Pulldowns are used on a machine that incorporates exercises such as lateral and tricep pulldowns. You sit in front of the bar and grasp an underhand grip in the middle of the bar and pulldown, Kind of like pullups but you pulldown.

*EDIT*-Thanks TysonForeman...I recommend pullups over pulldowns any day a lot of people have a lot of trouble pulling their bodyweight so this is good for that and as you build up lifting more weight then you might want to try pullups, Another reason I list this exercises is because it is an alternative to pullups and a lot of people will have the machine to perform these exercises and no bar to perform the pullups.

Thanks again for covering this, You got to it while I was typing *thumbs up*

http://apfit.home.att.net/Graphics/workoutpics/CG_Pulldown-underhand_gr.jpg

TysonForeman
11-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Thanks Spinks.

Dyl-G
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
thanks spinks

mbclk55
11-01-2004, 11:12 PM
The spoon incident was just an example.

The only time, I have ever spoken low on taking milk/syrup with protein is for post workout...Sure it is fine if you take it before and a good while after a workout, I dont recommend it though, Milk is garbage in my book and you are adding a lot of sugar and saturated fats you dont need into your body and their are healthier snacks plus it HIGHLY depends on your goals for a boxer, I cant say I would recommend mixing it with milk...Fruit with a mixture of water and yogurt would be the best bet if you got a blender...Dont believe the hype milk isnt good for you although it wont hurt to take it as long as it isnt a post workout shake and you dont care about adding the fats and calories into your daily caloric deficit, however I would oblige and would use it up for much better foods.

Syrup is thick, trust me it will slow down once going into your body...However he never really stated what type of syrup he was using in his protein shake to begin with.

The thickness of a liquid has no bearing on how quickly it absorbs in your body. I dont even know where to begin explaining that one. I am not trying to start a fight, but these guys are counting on you to provide valuable and correct advice. I rely on a ton of your boxing specific advice, and, as I stated earlier, have tremendous respect for you. Here you are horribly wrong and your advice will be detrimental to muscle recovery of those following your advice.

As a newbie, I know the burden of proof lies on me to prove my point...

Syrup (or honey, or any other product with Dextrose or something similar) is ideal for postworkout. Below is a link to an in-depth study showing the reasons to use milk protein as well as the positive effects of insulin on muscle recovery. If I need to explain why syrup would create an insulin ****e, holler.

Again, no disrespect intended. I can post more follow up studies if you like. There are also 53 studies referenced here to research.

For those inclined...

http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/132/8/2174?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=whey+protein&searchid=1078266924027_9564&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&journalcode=nutrition

spinksjinx
11-01-2004, 11:31 PM
The thickness of a liquid has no bearing on how quickly it absorbs in your body. I dont even know where to begin explaining that one. I am not trying to start a fight, but these guys are counting on you to provide valuable and correct advice. I rely on a ton of your boxing specific advice, and, as I stated earlier, have tremendous respect for you. Here you are horribly wrong and your advice will be detrimental to muscle recovery of those following your advice.

As a newbie, I know the burden of proof lies on me to prove my point...

Syrup (or honey, or any other product with Dextrose or something similar) is ideal for postworkout. Below is a link to an in-depth study showing the reasons to use milk protein as well as the positive effects of insulin on muscle recovery. If I need to explain why syrup would create an insulin ****e, holler.

Again, no disrespect intended. I can post more follow up studies if you like. There are also 53 studies referenced here to research.

For those inclined...

http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/132/8/2174?maxtoshow=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&fulltext=whey+protein&searchid=1078266924027_9564&stored_search=&FIRSTINDEX=0&sortspec=relevance&journalcode=nutrition

I encourage everyone to drop their knowledge and educate people on these boards as much as possible.

I am not saying it is a no-no to do, I am simply stating the BEST way to put this into your body and I believe if taken with water this is the most effective way to get it into your body and into your muscles faster, Sure you can mix it with milk/yogurt/fruits/syrup or anything you like and they will do OK, but if you want the best possible way w/ results take it with water.

I see no reason to add the syrup into the protein when inducing it into your system, I feel water and the mixture of the powder is enough and that is the way I feel you should take it. However you are open to try it anyway you like (god knows I have) Before I started doing boxing type training, I was heavy into weightlifting and tried it with milk and other various mixtures and I had gotten the best results from using water and that is what I recommend and that is that just a recommendation, Im not trying to tell anyone how to take it, just suggesting.

I respect what you have said, I could sit here and tell everyone to take it with anything, but the fact is Water is the most effective thing to get that protein into your system the fastest after a workout.

mbclk55
11-02-2004, 12:22 AM
For those interested in learning about proper nutrition and supplementation I suggest reading up at nutrition.org as well as researching the effects of all of this at pubmed.com. Everyone would be better served making there own informed decisions. I think it is important to understand the science behind how and why things work. I dont accept opinions. I accept hypothisis only if it follows a logical progression from proven science. Fact is not Fact without proof thereof. I want nothing more then to help educate and facilitate intelligent discussions on nutrition and supplements. If you are going to start putting crap in your body, know what it does and why. Be careful...

There are also a ton of athlete/bodybuilding sites that have a great deal of info on nutrition and supplementation, however, be careful what and whom you listen to.

Again, I appreciate all of the valuable info everyone has given me here and just want to contribute when I can. I enjoy this board tremendously. With that, I am done with this topic, barring any other questions aimed at me.

spinksjinx
11-02-2004, 08:50 AM
For those interested in learning about proper nutrition and supplementation I suggest reading up at nutrition.org as well as researching the effects of all of this at pubmed.com. Everyone would be better served making there own informed decisions. I think it is important to understand the science behind how and why things work. I dont accept opinions. I accept hypothisis only if it follows a logical progression from proven science. Fact is not Fact without proof thereof. I want nothing more then to help educate and facilitate intelligent discussions on nutrition and supplements. If you are going to start putting crap in your body, know what it does and why. Be careful...
There are also a ton of athlete/bodybuilding sites that have a great deal of info on nutrition and supplementation, however, be careful what and whom you listen to.

Again, I appreciate all of the valuable info everyone has given me here and just want to contribute when I can. I enjoy this board tremendously. With that, I am done with this topic, barring any other questions aimed at me.

You act as if I am telling them to use steroids or something jesus.

You say you dont want an argument but yet you are slipping subliminal stabs into your posts, Im not trying to attack you but I think it is just crazy for saying water and protein isnt right or the best and saying that other liquid mixtures are good Although im not saying they are bad im just saying WATER AND PROTEIN IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET IT INTO YOUR BODY!

Real Deal
11-02-2004, 10:35 AM
Spinksman you didn't answer my question. I ordered Ultra Gel for my joints. Do I have to order amino acid too, I hear that glutamine is very important. Does whey have glutamine?

spinksjinx
11-02-2004, 10:57 AM
Spinksman you didn't answer my question. I ordered Ultra Gel for my joints. Do I have to order amino acid too, I hear that glutamine is very important. Does whey have glutamine?

Sorry about that, Let me proceed:

Glutamine is effective and I recommend it, Glutamine stops catabolism, catabolism breaks down your muscle for energy so it inhibits that. Here is what glutamine is/does

It is the most plentiful free amino acid in the body's muscle tissue.
It is a excellent antioxidant.
It acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain.
It helps volumize cells.
It supresses cortisol (a muscle-wasting chemical).
It improves mental alertness, clarity of thinking and mood.
It plays a very important role in protein metabolism.
It is known to promote anabolic conditions in muscle cells and increase the rate of protein synthesis.

You will want to take Glutamine, I recommend the powder form and mixing it in with your protein shake is not a problem and a quick way to get the best of both worlds, However mild side effects may occur only when taking high dosages although I think you will have no problem with that what so ever.

It also decreases your recuperation time, so if you workout Glutamine is recommended.

Also it is best to take it post workout, so added into your protein shake will be ok.

Taking Ultra Gel will be good and make you more looser and will help you from being sore in your joints especially when lifting and wont take a hard toll on your body and you made a good call on doing so.

You have a good mixture of supplements going and Ultra Gel will help you from feeling sore and being stiff in the bones a bit as well...

Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein...Most protein shakes are formulated with the correct amount of amino acid.

Amino acids are good if you are trying to get in shape and are looking to lose weight and w/ proper dieting, but isnt good for bulking (which I dont think you are trying to do) However it can be a great aid, although your protein shakes should have the correct amount.

A good way to take them, if you are considering them is 1-2 protein shakes a day and then a amino supplement, although your shakes should carry enough of all the 22 amino acids to keep you going.

I cant confirm this but I have heard people say taking an amino supplement have helped them get stronger and build more endurance but not sure if that was due to the amino supplement considering they were on others as well. Give it a shot and see if you like it, but w/ a good whey protein shake it should have enough to carry you over though and you may want to save your money.

Real Deal
11-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Man, thats too expensive, Ive just recieved Ulta Gel today. All I can take for now is Ultra Gel and Whey2 and good food. si that enough for now?

Real Deal
11-02-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't want to loose weight. I would want to stick at 175, but couple of extra pounds of muscle is not bad though. Thanks Spinksjinx.

spinksjinx
11-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Man, thats too expensive, Ive just recieved Ulta Gel today. All I can take for now is Ultra Gel and Whey2 and good food. si that enough for now?

Good Food is all you need :)

That is plentiful, supplements are just that to supplement if you cannot get the real deal per se, As long as you eat a strict clean diet you will be fine, Supplements help but are not necessary as long as you are getting the right amount of nutrients through food.....

Stuff like Ultra Gel though you cant supplement, if you have bad/sore/weak joints it is best to take something like Ultra Gel...

I think it is a better choice for you to choose Natural foods Thumbs up.

As long as you exercise and keep a clean diet with the right amount of calories and nutrients you will do fine and pack on muscle in the process.

You might not lose or gain weight but you might put on a bit of lean muscle, by burning the current fat you have and adding muscle...

Remember it is a long process and good health is to be considered a lifestyle, so work at it everyday!

Good Luck and keep me updated on your results and merits.

Real Deal
11-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Alright man, but I dont get excellent food though... I can't get turkey ( I don't remember if I ever eaten one or not). I only can get chicken sometimes like twice in a week. Usualy I eat muesli in the morning with some honey bread, soup, potatos, sandwiches, fruits, vegetables and stuff like that.

I'll keep using Ultra Gel and Whey2 this month. And I will let you know the results.

Thanks!

Real Deal
11-02-2004, 12:57 PM
There is only one more thing - lifting weights. Should I lift heavy, with 3 sets and 6 reps? Or should I lift more lighter so i could do it like 10 times?

spinksjinx
11-02-2004, 12:59 PM
There is only one more thing - lifting weights. Should I lift heavy, with 3 sets and 6 reps? Or should I lift more lighter so i could do it like 10 times?

Heavy is a negative for your goals, I would go w/ anything from a 10-15 range with 4 sets.

Lift light or moderate, something you dont have a lot of struggle with but gives you a good workout.

Real Deal
11-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Alright, I know what you mean, I will do that.

Thanks!

mbclk55
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
You act as if I am telling them to use steroids or something jesus.

You say you dont want an argument but yet you are slipping subliminal stabs into your posts, Im not trying to attack you but I think it is just crazy for saying water and protein isnt right or the best and saying that other liquid mixtures are good Although im not saying they are bad im just saying WATER AND PROTEIN IS THE FASTEST WAY TO GET IT INTO YOUR BODY!

Settle down...

Nothing subliminal in my text. I said exactly what I wanted, and did not intend to take any stabs at you. Not insulting you or insinuating a lack of intellect. Im just saying people should research and learn. If we all knew more this would be a much more effective area on this forum. Lets bury this. I will stay out of your thread. I appologize for anything taken badly.

spinksjinx
11-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Settle down...

Nothing subliminal in my text. I said exactly what I wanted, and did not intend to take any stabs at you. Not insulting you or insinuating a lack of intellect. Im just saying people should research and learn. If we all knew more this would be a much more effective area on this forum. Lets bury this. I will stay out of your thread. I appologize for anything taken badly.

Apology accepted, Along with no hard feelings....

Real Deal
11-04-2004, 08:19 AM
Jinx man, ive been told that carbohydrates is also neede after training. Some people mix carbohydrates with the protein drink, for example they mix protein with juice. Should I too?

spinksjinx
11-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Jinx man, ive been told that carbohydrates is also neede after training. Some people mix carbohydrates with the protein drink, for example they mix protein with juice. Should I too?

After your workout, your carb-to-protein ratio should be around 2:1. Mix your carbs after your workout. Simple carbs (like glucose and/or ribose) should be taken immediately after your workout. This will replenish the carbs you have just spent during your workout. This is also a good time to take your whey protein. Remember to eat solid food about 30 minutes after you conclude your workout. Your post-workout meal should consist of more complex carbs, like the ones found in potatoes or pastas, as well as some sort of lean meat or another good source of protein.

Real Deal
11-04-2004, 11:13 AM
I can't afford carbohydrates supplements man. I can only take whey with water. And then when i get home about in 30-40 minutes, then I eat some food too. Is that good?

spinksjinx
11-04-2004, 11:20 AM
I can't afford carbohydrates supplements man. I can only take whey with water. And then when i get home about in 30-40 minutes, then I eat some food too. Is that good?

I didnt ask you to take anymore supplements, About 40 minutes after drinking your whey you say you will be home, that is a good time to eat some solid food and get carbs into your body to replinish it.

This would be a good time to possibly make yourself a chicken breast or have some pasta or veggies and sweet potatoes to get the carbs to restore what you burned.....Just remember NATURAL foods and you will be set.

Real Deal
11-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Alright spinks. This is my routine that i thought would be good.

In the morning I wake up at 6, then I eat muesli with milk, take centrum pils and drink Ultra Gel. Now should i drink Ultra Gel in the morning or later? Then I go to school, I eat lunch there, usualy some soup or potatos with pasta, and dessert. When i get home about 3 or 4 Pm, then I take Whey drink. Then I eat some food. Then I go training and after that I drink whey and then eat some food later.

that sound good?

Real Deal
11-04-2004, 11:38 AM
Spinks, I still have some champion 8 left. I will drink it quick with syrup. Then i use the champion 8 box to put whey into there.

spinksjinx
11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Alright spinks. This is my routine that i thought would be good.

In the morning I wake up at 6, then I eat muesli with milk, take centrum pils and drink Ultra Gel. Now should i drink Ultra Gel in the morning or later? Then I go to school, I eat lunch there, usualy some soup or potatos with pasta, and dessert. When i get home about 3 or 4 Pm, then I take Whey drink. Then I eat some food. Then I go training and after that I drink whey and then eat some food later.

that sound good?

So basically it is a rundown like this

6am-Muesli w/ milk/centrum pills and ultra gel.-I hope you dont drink the milk w/ that...You might want to switch to a better breakfast but this will suit you ok for now and no drastic changes needed, also the time period you take the ultra gel is fine.

noon is lunchtime possibly?-I would cut out the desert unless it is some kind of fruit or vegetables nothing sweet, the soup could be cut as well due to the high sodium content but you can wash that away with water. Also between 6-lunchtime you are not eating anything you might want to add a healthy small snack in their, fruit is great in the morning so possibly consider that.

3-4-whey and food, I would either drop the whey or drop the food one or the other

After Training-Whey is fine.

You could change it up a bit, you seem to be pretty low on Protein and getting a high amount of carbs.

I would up the protein intake (not through whey but through natural foods) also make sure that pasta isnt enriched, you want nothing enriched/bleached.

Remember protein is the building blocks for muscle and Carbs is the source for energy.....

Real Deal
11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
I go home at 3 or 4 PM, it depends. Boxing training starts 5:30. Should I eat chicken? I can eat chicken sometimes. Should I eat a banana after/before training?

I take the Ultra gel with water, it has lemonn taste.

Real Deal
11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Should I eat chicken after trainig for dinner?

spinksjinx
11-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Should I eat chicken after trainig for dinner?

Any lean white meats will do (fish/turkey/chicken)

Make sure the turkey is LEAN!

It has to be breast no thighs, drumsticks or anything like that and make sure their is no skin...

You can eat whatever you want before or after a workout as long as it healthy just stick w/ white meats when eating meats though...

Banana is a no no...I wouldnt even bother w/ fruit past the afternoon.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Spinksjinx, should I drink water during training? Should I mix the protein drink and drink it after shower or before shower? Becasue if I put my swety hand into the box and take the protein with the cup some swet may drop into the bottle and it become less effective... or not?

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Spinksjinx, should I drink water during training? Should I mix the protein drink and drink it after shower or before shower? Becasue if I put my swety hand into the box and take the protein with the cup some swet may drop into the bottle and it become less effective... or not?

If you feel the need to replenish yourself during your training I see that as no problem.

Sweat wouldnt have any effect on your drink and whatever is more convienent for you, Id probably go w/ before depending on how long you take a shower. Remember it is crucial to get that protein into your system 30-45 minutes immediately after your workout.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 10:06 AM
How many ml of water should i mix with 30 g on protein?

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 10:09 AM
Man the strawberry taste is like **** too...

Truth
11-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Spinksjinx, there have been rumors about Mike Tyson possibly fighting Kali Meehan, who do you see winning this fight?

Also who do you think wins Mayweather vs. Mitchell?

Thanks

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 11:20 AM
spired-All protein usually tastes like ass eventually you will adapt lol, also I would mix it with a regular size bottle of water which I think is in the ballpark of 16-20oz

mayweatherfan-I no longer like to comment on tyson predictions anymore for obvious reasons lol....

This is how I look at tyson and fighters, If they can withstand the onslaught for 4-6 rounds then the fight is possibly in the bag if not goodnight.

140 is going to be a tough division for Mayweather seeing him be hit and stunned from corley just proves that, Sharmba is a damn good fighter and hits pretty good, Boxing wise Mayweather is the better fighter and would probably outwork mitchell w/ handspeed and footwork, Im going with Mayweather in a long close decision nothing less and nothing more.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 11:36 AM
Spinks, what about taking that powder that has 50% of hydralized collagen and 50% whey. That suppose to be good for joint and muscle...

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Spinks, what about taking that powder that has 50% of hydralized collagen and 50% whey. That suppose to be good for joint and muscle...

Stick with 100%

Might be good for joints, but wont be as effective on your muscles.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Spinks, what about good food, and the powder that is good for muscle and joints?

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Spinks, what about good food, and the powder that is good for muscle and joints?

The ultra Gel you are taking is good enough for your joints.

Lean meats is a great source for protein, Nothing red but LEAN WHITE MEAT.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 12:59 PM
Man these supplements I am taking have a **** taste and giving me a hard time and are too expensive. I will take protein NO1 by Tai Kane, it has 50% of collagen and 50% whey. 87g protein per 100g.

Tha sounds good? I mean fighters back in the day didn't take those supplements...

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Man these supplements I am taking have a **** taste and giving me a hard time and are too expensive. I will take protein NO1 by Tai Kane, it has 50% of collagen and 50% whey. 87g protein per 100g.

Tha sounds good? I mean fighters back in the day didn't take those supplements...

You dont need supplements as long as you are eating good foods...

If you are going to drink whey go with 100% or no whey, You would better be off just eating good foods...Supplements are just that supplementing for something you cant get, if you have access to good for you foods then drop them entirely if not bare w/ the taste.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 02:56 PM
How I know if the protein is really good whey protein or not some bull**** that they lie about?

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 03:11 PM
How I know if the protein is really good whey protein or not some bull**** that they lie about?

If it is 100% whey it is usually good.

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 03:31 PM
it supposed to be 100% whey, but it has 87 g of whey per 100g. i dont know

shall I still drink it, eventhough it taste like ****?

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 04:36 PM
it supposed to be 100% whey, but it has 87 g of whey per 100g. i dont know

shall I still drink it, eventhough it taste like ****?

Majority of all whey tastes like ass and we all still drink it so yes.

You may want to fill your mouth with the powder and just swish it down it would taste like **** at first but it wouldnt be as strung out if you was to mix it and drink it.

Also make sure you drink plenty of water afterwards as well to wash it down.......

Real Deal
11-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Man, I will only take protein drink after training. I will put my hopes on good food you know...

spinksjinx
11-06-2004, 08:25 PM
Man, I will only take protein drink after training. I will put my hopes on good food you know...

Sounds good and in your best interest, keep it up.

Real Deal
11-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Spinksjinx, are chicken legs meat good to eat?

Real Deal
11-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Spinksjinx, is white lean meat, the meat that you boil?

spinksjinx
11-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Spinksjinx, is white lean meat, the meat that you boil?

white meat is

chicken
fish
turkey

Drop the legs, dodge the thighs and go straight to the breast, nothing else.

m00ks
11-11-2004, 08:34 PM

look in the and see if it was at least 25g of protein per scoop. Also whey protein isolate is better than whey prtein concentrate. Teh latter makes you **** like crazy.

elveiel
11-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Drop the legs, dodge the thighs and go straight to the breast, nothing else.

This sounds like dating advice to me!! ;)

spinksjinx
11-12-2004, 09:30 AM
This sounds like dating advice to me!! ;)

It works both ways. :D

leff
11-12-2004, 11:02 AM
It works both ways. :D

Well were not sopossed to eat ass are we?

spinksjinx
11-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Well were not sopossed to eat ass are we?

I wouldnt recommend it...

I accidently tried it and something im not interested in trying EVER.

Real Deal
11-12-2004, 12:12 PM
Spinksjinx, should I eat garlic once or twice a day?

Real Deal
11-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Spinksjinx, how do you cook or boil your meat and fish? If you could post it here or send me an email or add me to msn: sten23456@hotmail.com

Real Deal
11-13-2004, 09:18 AM
spinksjinx, does it matter if you cook or boil the meat?

spinksjinx
11-13-2004, 09:26 AM
spinksjinx, does it matter if you cook or boil the meat?

I grill all my meats...Buy a foreman grill best thing ever, I take it everywhere with me.

No need for garlic.

leff
11-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Garlic is no calories, good taste and has a lot of vitamins.Eat it.

Exept froom bad breath i see no reason not eating it.

Real Deal
11-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Why not garlic?

spinksjinx
11-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Why not garlic?

Their is nothing wrong with taking it, You dont necessarily need it.

If you want to add it onto your food for flavor then that is fine, their is nothing wrong with that.

Garlic will do no harm except leave you with bad breath as leff has put it.

Real Deal
11-13-2004, 11:49 AM
Spinksjinx, what about this whey protein http://www.fitler.ee/?page=nitrot

Real Deal
11-13-2004, 04:09 PM
Spinksjinx, how much carbs should I add to protein drink after training?

spinksjinx
11-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Nitrotech is good but way to expensive and much better proteins out their.

Real Deal
11-14-2004, 05:48 AM
Spinksjinx should I use maltodekstrine carbs powder after training with whey drink?

Real Deal
11-14-2004, 07:42 AM
I wouldnt recommend it...

I accidently tried it and something im not interested in trying EVER.

Leff said: "were not suppose to eat ass are we"

What ass?

spinksjinx
11-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Spinksjinx should I use maltodekstrine carbs powder after training with whey drink?

You need carbs after a workout as it is your main energy source, You can use a powder but I would just find it in natural food sources.

Real Deal
11-14-2004, 09:39 AM
Spinksjinx, tell me how much whey has your protein powder per 100g? Because If I look at those products they say pure whey, they still have like 25g whey per 30g.

spinksjinx
11-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Spinksjinx, tell me how much whey has your protein powder per 100g? Because If I look at those products they say pure whey, they still have like 25g whey per 30g.

http://vitaminworld.com/pages/file.asp?xs=4702EA8693A243A5B5353CCF58FBB14F&PID=1284&np=0

Go their and click on the chocolate, that is the type of whey I use.

Real Deal
11-14-2004, 12:19 PM
I click on view labes, and it wants me to download some file but dont know with what program to open it man, just say it.

spinksjinx
11-14-2004, 02:06 PM
I click on view labes, and it wants me to download some file but dont know with what program to open it man, just say it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/nutritionfacts.jpg

Real Deal
11-14-2004, 05:38 PM
Does it say 28g has 19g of whey? Mine has more and less fat.

Real Deal
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Jinx, I think even you can't understand what it says there of what the powder contains.

I bought glucose, sould I mix it with the protein drink? Should I mix it with water before training and then mix the protein in it after training and then drink it?

spinksjinx
11-16-2004, 11:17 AM
What are you talking about, I dont understand what the label says????

1 scoop=28 grams

1 scoop=19 grams of protein

This fits in perfect into my diet, Mind YOU need more protein than me as you weigh about 50 pounds more then me.

I have 6 meals a day each containing anywhere between 20-30 grams of protein per meal.

I weigh 117-121

Mixing glucose with protein will do no harm and, It isnt needed unless you are not getting enough carbohydrate calories into your diet.

That supplement isnt needed as long as you are eating enough healthy plentiful foods, However it does give an added boost to your metabolism but isnt necessarily needed.

strictlydope
11-16-2004, 11:06 PM
yo spinks jus one question man, i got whey protein and creatine rite so should i jus take 1, is it pointless to take both or both is cool? and if both how often i take it like how much times a day? Thanks in advance man,
peace

spinksjinx
11-16-2004, 11:32 PM
yo spinks jus one question man, i got whey protein and creatine rite so should i jus take 1, is it pointless to take both or both is cool? and if both how often i take it like how much times a day? Thanks in advance man,
peace

Both should be fine to take with no worries.

You DONT want to drop the whey unless you are getting enough calories and protein into your diet already from good natural foods.

Creatine is a toss up, I have used it and seen nothing but side effects (severe acne) A friend of mine has tried it and has worked really well. Give it a try and see how it works for you.

If you are getting enough protein in your diet already then the whey will be ok if you take it POST workout (immediately following your workout, you need the protein into your body fast right after a workout for the rebuilding process and Whey will break down the fastest and get it into your system.) Mix it with water and you are set.

You need approximately 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound so say if you weigh 150 pounds you need rougly 150 grams of protein into your body to build and rebuild muscle.

I wouldnt exceed 2 drinks a day in the protein department though especially if you are already getting enough.

Creatine will add an extra boost of strength or endurance to a workout and what it does is fill your muscles with water, which in return makes them swell a bit and appear bigger.

I dont think it is needed personally but some have found great success in it, However once going off of creatine the added strength/speed/endurance and size and so forth gained will go off as well.

Also make sure creatine is taken earlier in the day and 5-10 grams of creatine per day is all you need after your loading period.

Also when taking Creatine quick reminder:

!!!DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!

I truly cant stress that enough, Im talking gallons within a day

Whey Protein is NEEDED, Creatine is NOT

But give both a try and come back with the results.

:)

strictlydope
11-17-2004, 12:16 AM
Thanks a lot spinks, Much Love, good **** u doin up in here man
peace

spinksjinx
11-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Thanks a lot spinks, Much Love, good **** u doin up in here man
peace

Thanks a lot, Dont be shy and dont be reluctant to contribute anytime.

Welcome to Boxing Scene, Hope you enjoy your stay as well.

Real Deal
11-17-2004, 10:16 AM
Spinksjinx, do you mean 1,5 grams per pound in a day or only after workout?

Real Deal
11-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Spinks I weight 175, and i want to loose fat and build muscle and not go down in weight. So I have to take 30g of protein with 30g of glucose with 500ml water?

spinksjinx
11-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Spinksjinx, do you mean 1,5 grams per pound in a day or only after workout?

During the whole day, You weigh 175 pounds get around 175 grams of protein if you can, It will help you build and rebuild muscle.....

Real Deal
11-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Spinks is it cool to take 30g of whey and 30g of glucose mixed with 500ml immediately after training, both weight and boxing training?

spinksjinx
11-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Spinks is it cool to take 30g of whey and 30g of glucose mixed with 500ml immediately after training, both weight and boxing training?

That is fine, No problems their.

Real Deal
11-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Spinksjinx, should i drink water during weight training or should I drink proteindrink or something else DURING weight training?

chilly9876
11-22-2004, 04:41 PM
you've been training for quite some time spinks jus wanted to see a picture of how you're getting along mate, wanna see how much all these extras you're taking are helping you. I dont take these extras and its working great for me so just wanted to compare.

spinksjinx
11-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Chilly-The only supplements/extras I take is the eca stack and whey protein shake....Im off the eca stack though....

Here is a before and after...

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/DSCF0054.jpg

After

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/DSCF0275.jpg

Spired-Water is perfect.

spinksjinx
11-22-2004, 07:21 PM
The after pic is about 2 weeks old and the before is about 2 months....Im a lot more defined in my arms and in my abs now due to the mix up in my routine....

Dyl-G
11-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Chilly-The only supplements/extras I take is the eca stack and whey protein shake....Im off the eca stack though....

Here is a before and after...

Before

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/DSCF0054.jpg

After

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/spinksjinx/DSCF0275.jpg

Spired-Water is perfect.

spinks i always thought you were black :D

spinksjinx
11-22-2004, 08:02 PM
spinks i always thought you were black :D

Albino...

What gave you that notion?

boxer2k5
11-22-2004, 08:38 PM
spired-Thats like saying, I mix it with milk for the taste...It doesnt matter syrup will digest it slow then milk, sorry bud but you need to mix only with water in order for it to be completely effective....Thats just the way it is....

Dyl-G

Bicycle Crunches

http://www.big-blue-ball.com/exercises_bicycle-crunches.htm

Crunches

http://www.emedx.com/pt/exercises/images/back_crunches-1.jpg

Like th at photo, I rise up a few inches and I usually use a 25/35 pound weight on my chest as well.

Seated Twists

http://www.fitness3.com/uprighttwistmb.htm

I will do them like in the picture shown with a medicine ball, or put a stick behind my back rest it on my neck and stretch my arms out onto the stick and twists

Doing 4 sets of 25

thanks ive been workign on my abs alot lately
and been lookin for something to work on my sides mroe

i will def encorporate this into my owkrout

BTW whats up how od i get access to the downloads

boxer2k5
11-22-2004, 08:46 PM

its not about taste its about the body and what the protien is doing for you

if you dont like the taste eat 2 cans of tuna
at 15gs of protien every 2 ounces and a can of tuna is 6 ounces
45gs of protien a can
eat 2 cans a daya nd you have your protien fix
and if you get the good protien powder it doesnt taste bad with jsut water and some ice

you can throw a banna or strawberries if you want some added taste
no syrup or milk unless its skim

boxer2k5
11-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Alright man, but I dont get excellent food though... I can't get turkey ( I don't remember if I ever eaten one or not). I only can get chicken sometimes like twice in a week. Usualy I eat muesli in the morning with some honey bread, soup, potatos, sandwiches, fruits, vegetables and stuff like that.

I'll keep using Ultra Gel and Whey2 this month. And I will let you know the results.

Thanks!

wtf where are you from
are you a slave or something

whats muesli
and how come you cant get chicken and turkey

fish is also good
try get some cans of salmon and tuna

or the cans of chicken(it looks liek tuna but taste way better)

all i eat is romain lettuce chicken tuna salmon(some grapes at work) and some good friends cerial

spinksjinx
11-22-2004, 10:10 PM
boxer2k5-That ab workout is pretty awesome and effective! Give it a try, I have grown tired of it though and am currently writing up a new routine....But try that out...

Tuna *puuuukes yuck*

Dyl-G
11-22-2004, 10:16 PM
Albino...

What gave you that notion?

Haha i donno... i think i just look at the avatars and think that the person looks like that for some reason. :rolleyes:

spinksjinx
11-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Haha i donno... i think i just look at the avatars and think that the person looks like that for some reason. :rolleyes:

Ok, Chinco....

Just Kidding....

boxer2k5
11-23-2004, 12:44 AM
boxer2k5-That ab workout is pretty awesome and effective! Give it a try, I have grown tired of it though and am currently writing up a new routine....But try that out...

Tuna *puuuukes yuck*

you dont liek tuna haha

try salmon or the chicken

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 07:12 AM
you dont liek tuna haha

try salmon or the chicken

I eat a lot of seafood so im not sure why I dont like Tuna...Im a shrimp man myself though fills me right up.

leff
11-23-2004, 09:50 AM
I allways wondered if you were black, never deared to ask do.

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 09:52 AM
I allways wondered if you were black, never deared to ask do.

Haha, Was it the avatar? Just curious????

boxer2k5
11-23-2004, 10:21 AM

i think he means the one with cory spinks

your albino forreal

havent seen one in a minute

edit-hold up cant a albino be black(as in the made up race)but is jsut albino because of the pigmant of their skin

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 10:40 AM
i think he means the one with cory spinks

your albino forreal

havent seen one in a minute

edit-hold up cant a albino be black(as in the made up race)but is jsut albino because of the pigmant of their skin

The albino was a statement of saying I was white......

Right now im pale and almost look like one, I've got ivory white skin in the winter but in the summer I look Latino.....

leff
11-23-2004, 11:40 AM

I guess it was :rolleyes:

Yes yes i know its stupid lol

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 11:42 AM
I guess it was :rolleyes:

Yes yes i know its stupid lol

Not really, I look at some peoples avatars and expect that of them...Completely common....

leff
11-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Oh by the way your getting ripped, but now i know your not black so what are your origins then.

Im 3 of 4slav and 1 of 4 germanian

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Oh by the way your getting ripped, but now i know your not black so what are your origins then.

Im 3 of 4slav and 1 of 4 germanian

When I bring in my camera from my car, I have newer pics on their...Im insane looking, not to boast but I was once 200 pounds and 5'7 *ouch*...I have done my hard work....Your uphill technique is still insane and has me struggling lol...

I have no idea what my background is...None of my family members have ever really told me even though I had asked.....

Just call me 57....Heinz 57 :D

Just a variety.

leff
11-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Allrighty then Heinz 57 it is, but how can you not know about your origins id go mad

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Allrighty then Heinz 57 it is, but how can you not know about your origins id go mad

I've always been curious but it seems EVERYONE knows nothing or something they dont wish to tell....

leff
11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Sounds scary, who knows what dreaful things your ancestors have done :D

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Sounds scary, who knows what dreaful things your ancestors have done :D

True, but if they are bad it is best to forget them right?

leff
11-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Yepp, unless you can brag about it, so no one will bother you.

spinksjinx
11-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Yepp, unless you can brag about it, so no one will bother you.

My granparents called, I asked them...On my dads side is Irish and cherokee and on the mothers side cherokee and german....

Real Deal
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Spinksjinx, should I mix protein with cold or hot water?

spinksjinx
11-26-2004, 02:00 PM
Spinksjinx, should I mix protein with cold or hot water?

Cold will be fine, unless you like the taste of hot protein *yuck* but taken either way is fine but I prefer mine cold.

boxer2k5
11-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Cold will be fine, unless you like the taste of hot protein *yuck* but taken either way is fine but I prefer mine cold.

hot thick protien OMG thats nasty

i love to mix it with crushed ice in the blender

hey spinxs i threw a packet of equal in my shake this mourning and it was good

spinksjinx
11-26-2004, 02:45 PM
hot thick protien OMG thats nasty

i love to mix it with crushed ice in the blender

hey spinxs i threw a packet of equal in my shake this mourning and it was good

Ice is awesome to mix it with, but it always got clumpy and stuck to the bottom of the cup so I usually down it fast w/ just water....

boxer2k5
11-26-2004, 07:36 PM
yeah the last few times i jsut mad eit with water like 30 minutes before i was ready to drink and put it in the freezer

so its cold and ready to drink

leff
12-01-2004, 05:50 AM
Spinks i know its not boxing related but........ how turn women on?????

spinksjinx
12-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Spinks i know its not boxing related but........ how turn women on?????

With a flick of the switch.

leff
12-02-2004, 06:16 AM
Gee.........thanks ill keep that in mind.

spinksjinx
12-02-2004, 06:53 AM
Gee.........thanks ill keep that in mind.

If you are looking for a fling, Keep your body in tip top shape

Want a real relationship-Entice her with your mind and then the body will follow.

:p

hardhitter
12-02-2004, 05:29 PM
hi looking for help
ive just started out and wondered what a good routine would be for a beginner.wot do people recommend. help is greatly appreciated

spinksjinx
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
hi looking for help
ive just started out and wondered what a good routine would be for a beginner.wot do people recommend. help is greatly appreciated

What are your goals?

hardhitter
12-03-2004, 11:43 AM
well before istep in the ring i wanna improve my fitness. so any routines would be greatful. what muscles groups should you target and what lifts should you do ?

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 11:53 AM
well before istep in the ring i wanna improve my fitness. so any routines would be greatful. what muscles groups should you target and what lifts should you do ?

MEDICINE BALL WARMUP
Shoulder/Core Prep
Hold a 10-lb ball with both hands, arms extended in front of you, and move it in 10 large clockwise circles. Then move it in 10 counterclockwise circles. Raise the ball above your head and repeat.
Medicine Ball Squat
Hold the ball behind your head with both hands and squat. Two sets of 20
Medicine Ball Calf Raise
Hold the ball behind your head and go up on tiptoe. Two sets of 20

Light 1 minute Jog
6-uphill sprints/Run down backwards

Rubber Ball Hand-Speed Drill
Stand in the middle of a large, open room. Bounce a small superball on the floor and catch it on the first bounce. Repeat, but bounce it a little farther away or a little softer, so you have to move even quicker to catch it. Keep varying bounces. Five minutes

Jump Rope-3x3
Heavy Bag-3x3
Shadowbox-3x3
Punch Out Drills-3x1
Speedbag drill-1x1-cooldown
SandBag Lifts-10 heavy as you can
Dumbbell snatch-10 heavy as you can
Burpees-20
Sledgehammer finisher-3x2
Speedbag drill-1x1-cooldown

Abdominal Work

Crunches-30x4
Bicycle Crunches-30x4
Standing Twists-30x4

Switch the uphill sprints every other day for a 2-3 mile jog...

That is just a sample to give you an idea....Everyones workouts look different you need to find one that works for you.

hardhitter
12-03-2004, 12:55 PM
thanks a lot spinks. at the minute i havent got a punch bag have u got any recommendations as to which is the best one to buy. i live in uk are the best offers online ?

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 01:57 PM
thanks a lot spinks. at the minute i havent got a punch bag have u got any recommendations as to which is the best one to buy. i live in uk are the best offers online ?

People have their own personal preference, Mine is canvas...Some like vinyl or leather and some like theirs filled with water or sand...

Any heavy bag will do, but it is really a personal preference each one serves same purpose.

hardhitter
12-03-2004, 02:06 PM
cheers in the routines you gave me you mention 3x3 3x1 what do you mean by those ?

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
cheers in the routines you gave me you mention 3x3 3x1 what do you mean by those ?

3x3= 3 times x3 minutes each

3x1 3 times x 1 minute each

hardhitter
12-03-2004, 03:56 PM
thanks for claryifying that for me

spinksjinx
12-03-2004, 05:57 PM
thanks for claryifying that for me

Not a problem, anytime.

hardhitter
12-04-2004, 08:24 AM
my weight routine is as follows :

chest
bench press 12 reps x 4 sets
dumb bell pullovers 12 reps x 4 sets
dumb bell flyes 12 reps x 4 sets

legs
squats 12 reps x 4 sets

back
bent over bar bell rows 12 reps x 4 sets
one arm dumb bell rows 12 reps x 4 sets
dumbbell shrugs 12 reps x 4 sets

shoulders
miliatary press 12 reps x 4 sets
standing lateral raise 12 reps x 4 sets
seated bent over lateral 12 reps x 4 sets
upright row 12 reps x 4 sets

arms
standing bar bell curl 12 reps x 4 sets
standing dumb bell curl 12 reps x 4 sets
tricep kickback 12 reps x 4 sets
close grip bench press 12 reps x 4 sets
lying tricep extension 12 reps x 4 sets
press ups as many as i can x 4
chin ups as many as i can x 4

abs
incline board crunches as many as i can x 4
hanging leg raises 12 x 4

i am going to put the advice what you gave me into this routine but should i do it at the expense of other lifts or should i just do the ones you told me to do ?

soz bout length of this

spinksjinx
12-04-2004, 09:10 AM
It has some exercises in their that would be beneficial but also some that you could drop...In boxing you really dont want to work the muscles like the biceps and such...You need more of a total body workout regimen in my book.

Brotherfromthehoods
12-04-2004, 12:44 PM

i agree with u, i used to do bodybuilding so kno how body digests and takes this stuff in...the water thing, it doesnt matter that much. it is quicker-but not so significant to matter a whole lot especially if the guy is only using it for flavouring, 1/10 or woteva he said-then i'd say very very vey minimal difference.

hardhitter
12-04-2004, 02:21 PM
what lifts should i drop then and what lifts should i add to get a whole body workout ?

Atwa_66
12-04-2004, 07:40 PM
Spinks, I'm just about to join a gym near me to I can start boxing seriously and traning. I'm 15, do you remember what your first time was when you joined your gym, and what do you reccomend for me to get myself ready for boxing? Equipment, traning, etc. Thanks alot :)

spinksjinx
12-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Spinks, I'm just about to join a gym near me to I can start boxing seriously and traning. I'm 15, do you remember what your first time was when you joined your gym, and what do you reccomend for me to get myself ready for boxing? Equipment, traning, etc. Thanks alot :)

I havent been able to join a gym, Im training out of my house and at a few others boxers house....

If you are going to the gym, they should provide you with gloves and such but if you are not down with using other peoples handy downs get yourself some:

Gloves
Comfortable shoes (I like cross trainers next to boxing shoes)
Mouthpiece
HAND WRAPS!!!!
Gym Bag
Padlock for your locker
Deodorant
Water/Snacks
Jump Rope

Really thats about it, unless other people have some suggestion but a good gym should have everything available.

Atwa_66
12-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks alot Spinks, would you recommend buying a Groin Protector?

elveiel
12-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Thanks alot Spinks, would you recommend buying a Groin Protector?

Yes!! :D

http://www.sinosports.net/photo/new/box/picgather/ruiz-johnson/big/1ruiz6.jpg

http://www.bulgereport.com/photogallery/oscarlb.jpg

spinksjinx
12-04-2004, 10:09 PM

I SECOND THAT NOTION!

Atwa_66
12-05-2004, 01:00 AM

haha you didn't even have to say yes, the pictures did it for me :) thanks alot though for that :)

Real Deal
12-05-2004, 12:59 PM
Spinksjinx, my stomak hurt when I drink 30g whey and 30g glucose mixed with 500ml. Help!

spinksjinx
12-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Spinksjinx, my stomak hurt when I drink 30g whey and 30g glucose mixed with 500ml. Help!

Cut back on the dosage by about 5g...

Did you get the ****s in that type of stomach pain?

hardhitter
12-05-2004, 02:13 PM
spinks to give me more of a whole body workout what lifts should i drop and what should i add ?

spinksjinx
12-05-2004, 02:27 PM
bench press 12 reps x 4 sets
squats 12 reps x 4 sets
miliatary press 12 reps x 4 sets
tricep kickback 12 reps x 4 sets
lying tricep extension 12 reps x 4 sets
press ups as many as i can x 4
chin ups as many as i can x 4
incline board crunches as many as i can x 4
hanging leg raises 12 x 4

Those are the exercises you could keep, that is my personal opinion though....

I like lifts such as olympic lifts/snatches/squats, They work the entire body instead of a certain group and I think you need that in boxing....

hardhitter
12-06-2004, 12:24 PM
is there any certain way to punch with power, any specific exercises to do, if you were wanting to knock someone out were should you try and hit them ?

Raekwon
12-06-2004, 12:46 PM
is there any certain way to punch with power, any specific exercises to do, if you were wanting to knock someone out were should you try and hit them ?

Use the jaw as a lever to send a blow to the nerve centers in the brain that should leave 'em cold :D, im not sure about other places maybe the temples?
i shall await jinx's reply as i would also like to know more into best way to ko

elveiel
12-06-2004, 05:35 PM

KOing is all about technique and timing! Its about using your body weight in most effective way, at the right time. Its very hard to explain through text.

Exercise will improve your power, you need to do exercises with explosive movement! An example is bench press - your action must be slow lowering the bar and explosive pushing the weight. I'm pretty sure Spinks will tell you other exercises that help gain explosive power.

Under the chins the best place for a one punch KO, but you have to hit people any place you can in the ring! If you hit someone correctly in the head, face, chin or body you will KO them! Thats why i take any sort of KO i can!!

leff
12-06-2004, 06:20 PM

To the chin, but dont forget the lower ribs and the solar plexus......those are the ones that hurts.

Fore power tehcnic and strenght is obiusly important, the best way is to simply punch, bag bag bag and more bag.
And a heavy one filled with sand.

I havent cared much for weights the last 6 months, 50 rounds of bag a week has helped a lot more.

hardhitter
12-08-2004, 11:56 AM
spinks have u got any info on this ? is there any certain way to punch with power, any specific exercises to do, if you were wanting to knock someone out were should you try and hit them ?

Fat Shamz
12-08-2004, 01:50 PM
spinks have u got any info on this ? is there any certain way to punch with power, any specific exercises to do, if you were wanting to knock someone out were should you try and hit them ?

If ur after a KO punch i would go for sumtin right at there chin. or maybe temple area. if ur trying to plan a KO go for some nice hard punches to the body. theres nothing easier then helping a winded person hit the canvas.

elveiel
12-08-2004, 02:04 PM
If ur after a KO punch i would go for sumtin right at there chin. or maybe temple area. if ur trying to plan a KO go for some nice hard punches to the body. theres nothing easier then helping a winded person hit the canvas.

I'll second that.

spinksjinx
12-08-2004, 11:48 PM
My advice is not to just look for that KO punch, to many fighters do that these days and rely on power punches...What usually initiates a knockout if you dont have Prime Mike Tyson power is the initial weardown of an opponent, even Tyson used this.....You want to get your opponent wore down and feeling like he has anvils tied to his ankles break him down inside and then the KO will come, I dont recommend lurking for a ko punch but instead setting up a barrage of punches and the "KO" punch will come.

As others have stated, you want to do some explosive exercises (also great for combinations) Plyometrics is a great start...But also that the other end of the table you want to have a solid base, your balance and stance has to be perfect you have to possess power in your legs as well...

Try these

PLYOMETRICS-cant stress these enough really.

Squats
Presses
Lunges
Cleans and snatches
Uphill sprints

All of these should help you to get what you want.

boxer2k5
12-08-2004, 11:54 PM
i agree with spinks

looking for a ko will leave you with a few options

and throwing knock out punches will leave you open for quick counters

its best to box and set up your punches and let knockouts come to you
if you punch proper and land clean flush punches they will come

too many factors weigh in when it comes to knock outs for you to look for them

but if you use proper technique and if your condition is right
you should have no problem counter punching and droping the infamous 1 2 on someone

Real Deal
12-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Spinksjinx, here is a quote from Mackie Shilstone "Recovery after training should start within the first two hours
post exercise"

Dyl-G
12-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Just Thought I Would Revive Some Old Good Threads For Some Newcomers

endezeichen
12-29-2004, 12:29 AM
I posted this elsewhere but I didn't get any answers to my question. Maybe you can help me out... Thanks
On my speed bag it says I need 4 lbs of air. I pumped it up about to where I can indent it about half an inch. I went out and looked for a guage but I couldnt find one for that kind of valve (needle). I tried a standard leaving the needle in the bag but that didn't work. The bag takes about a second to bounce 3 times unless I whale it. So my question is, how much should the bag indent when I poke it? Thats really the only thing I can go by since I can't find a guage. Sorry for the stupid question but I over-inflated my last bag.

Atwa_66
12-29-2004, 12:36 AM
Just Thought I Would Revive Some Old Good Threads For Some Newcomers
Good Idea "ask the jinx" was one of the best threads here
Helped me alot, thanks again Jinx :)

spinksjinx
12-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I posted this elsewhere but I didn't get any answers to my question. Maybe you can help me out... Thanks
On my speed bag it says I need 4 lbs of air. I pumped it up about to where I can indent it about half an inch. I went out and looked for a guage but I couldnt find one for that kind of valve (needle). I tried a standard leaving the needle in the bag but that didn't work. The bag takes about a second to bounce 3 times unless I whale it. So my question is, how much should the bag indent when I poke it? Thats really the only thing I can go by since I can't find a guage. Sorry for the stupid question but I over-inflated my last bag.

Pump it until it is rock hard, You will get a better reaction from it if it is hard, Dont know why you would go for it being soft.

endezeichen
12-29-2004, 11:42 AM
it says max 4 lbs of air though... wouldn't it be bad for the seams?

spinksjinx
12-29-2004, 11:55 AM
it says max 4 lbs of air though... wouldn't it be bad for the seams?

What type/brand of bag is it?

The bag I got said to pump until it was hard, I assume that would be the same for all speed bags...

Pump it up until you feel comfortable with it.

endezeichen
12-29-2004, 12:24 PM
http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-everlast-speed-bags.html
Thts the one I have. I'm just asking because the valve on my old one started leaking probably as a result of over-inflating

spinksjinx
12-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Thts the one I have. I'm just asking because the valve on my old one started leaking probably as a result of over-inflating

Id pump it kind of hard, but pump it until you feel comfortable with it.

elveiel
12-29-2004, 01:18 PM

It happens, i have bought a lot because of the same problem. I just buy new one's because i'm not using a under inflated bag because its far too slow, i need it solid to get maximum effect.

stevenalexander
12-31-2004, 04:12 PM
spinks- what is your daily diet like?wat do u eat on a regular basis while training?

spinksjinx
01-02-2005, 08:12 AM
spinks- what is your daily diet like?wat do u eat on a regular basis while training?

I planned on moving up, but now im in that new years resolution contest to drop back down so im in my cutting phase.

A normal diet for me usually consists of lean white meats (ground turkey/chicken breast or fish like salmon or cod) All of my meats are grilled. I will eat pasta like spaghetti but I dont eat nothing enriched, I buy this one pasta it is completely made out of natural wheat so nothing added and not enriched, soy is a good type of pasta as well. Normally I do not eat bread (but I dont abandon my carbs I get that through pasta) However if I do consume bread I like sara lee's whole wheat bread it is low in calories and no sugar it has 70 calories for 2 slices, Nature Own is a good choice as well. Occasionally as a treat I will eat a slice of bread with egg whites cooked in pam (no oil trans fat is higher than the heavens.) I eat A LOT of Fruits and Vegetables and will have a protein shake for breakfast mixed with water of course, also I usually drink only water and nothing else but sometimes I will have a glass of Orange Juice or some crystal light...Crystal light is the preferred over water due to their being no sugar but normally it's flat out water.

NO RED MEAT.

Overall I eat nothing processed all of the foods I eat are natural in the way they come.

leff
01-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I planned on moving up, but now im in that new years resolution contest to drop back down so im in my cutting phase.

A normal diet for me usually consists of lean white meats (ground turkey/chicken breast or fish like salmon or cod) All of my meats are grilled. I will eat pasta like spaghetti but I dont eat nothing enriched, I buy this one pasta it is completely made out of natural wheat so nothing added and not enriched, soy is a good type of pasta as well. Normally I do not eat bread (but I dont abandon my carbs I get that through pasta) However if I do consume bread I like sara lee's whole wheat bread it is low in calories and no sugar it has 70 calories for 2 slices, Nature Own is a good choice as well. Occasionally as a treat I will eat a slice of bread with egg whites cooked in pam (no oil trans fat is higher than the heavens.) I eat A LOT of Fruits and Vegetables and will have a protein shake for breakfast mixed with water of course, also I usually drink only water and nothing else but sometimes I will have a glass of Orange Juice or some crystal light...Crystal light is the preferred over water due to their being no sugar but normally it's flat out water.

NO RED MEAT.

Overall I eat nothing processed all of the foods I eat are natural in the way they come.

Good diet, but whats wrong with the red meats???

Clean cut pork is low on fat and high on protein as well as game such as moose and reindear.

I eat red meat (biff very seldom though).

Happy new year by the way.

spinksjinx
01-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Good diet, but whats wrong with the red meats???

Clean cut pork is low on fat and high on protein as well as game such as moose and reindear.

I eat red meat (biff very seldom though).

Happy new year by the way.

Red meat as always made me feel sluggish and had put a good amount of weight on me, Each body reacts differently to different foods which is why I stick to white meats, but if you can eat red meat fine and maintain or reach your goals awesome but it doesnt work for me.

leff
01-02-2005, 10:40 AM
Red meat as always made me feel sluggish and had put a good amount of weight on me, Each body reacts differently to different foods which is why I stick to white meats, but if you can eat red meat fine and maintain or reach your goals awesome but it doesnt work for me.

Yeah offcours if thats how it works for you, but ive heard people say dont eat red meat before, im just curios ??

Is because its harder to digest ore what is?

spinksjinx
01-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah offcours if thats how it works for you, but ive heard people say dont eat red meat before, im just curios ??

Is because its harder to digest ore what is?

Red Meat is ok if you can keep it in moderation, I wouldnt recommend it to boxers or people who are looking to be lean though.

It is also very fatty which im sure you know isnt good, although it does contain a lot of nutrients you cant get from other food sources unless you are using a supplement.

Of course im not saying go out and eat cheeseburgers but their are LEAN red meats and that is what I would stick to personally and red meat is enormously high in the calorie department so to lose weight on red meat wouldnt be a bright idea.

93% lean red meat or higher would be the best route.

leff
01-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Red Meat is ok if you can keep it in moderation, I wouldnt recommend it to boxers or people who are looking to be lean though.

It is also very fatty which im sure you know isnt good, although it does contain a lot of nutrients you cant get from other food sources unless you are using a supplement.

Of course im not saying go out and eat cheeseburgers but their are LEAN red meats and that is what I would stick to personally and red meat is enormously high in the calorie department so to lose weight on red meat wouldnt be a bright idea.

93% lean red meat or higher would be the best route.

Yeah, like i dont eat i t often and if i do its like 5-10% and not much at a time either, any other tips on getting lean?

Im gonna go for 175 by april and im like 185 now, chritsmas took its tol on the figure.

spinksjinx
01-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Yeah, like i dont eat i t often and if i do its like 5-10% and not much at a time either, any other tips on getting lean?

Im gonna go for 175 by april and im like 185 now, chritsmas took its tol on the figure.

10 pounds should be a snap.

Up the cardio and drop the calories....You dont have to alter your diet a whole lot, drink nothing but water cut out foods with high amounts of sugar and drop breads/pastas until you reach your goal and keep fruits in the morning (before noon) and possibly replace them with vegetables.

What does your current diet look like though?

leff
01-02-2005, 01:12 PM
10 pounds should be a snap.

Up the cardio and drop the calories....You dont have to alter your diet a whole lot, drink nothing but water cut out foods with high amounts of sugar and drop breads/pastas until you reach your goal and keep fruits in the morning (before noon) and possibly replace them with vegetables.

What does your current diet look like though?

Breakfest dark bread with ham and tomato, fruit coffe.

beetwenn an apple

luncf some dark bread, some chiken ore fishcake etc.

Home from school about 3 dark brown bread with ham and a portion salat and some fruit.

dinner what i get( i live home) but dinner is useall late i eat half before training and half when i get home from the gym.
in the eving, but mainly carbs before and than save most of the meat and veggis til after.

I seldom drink anything else than water and coffe, maybe som applejuice and a few beer in tha weekends.

I want to lose fat the slow way so i wont lose any muscle.

spinksjinx
01-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Breakfest dark bread with ham and tomato, fruit coffe.

beetwenn an apple

luncf some dark bread, some chiken ore fishcake etc.

Home from school about 3 dark brown bread with ham and a portion salat and some fruit.

dinner what i get( i live home) but dinner is useall late i eat half before training and half when i get home from the gym.
in the eving, but mainly carbs before and than save most of the meat and veggis til after.

I seldom drink anything else than water and coffe, maybe som applejuice and a few beer in tha weekends.

I want to lose fat the slow way so i wont lose any muscle.

Take it slow and remove one item and see how it works for example, Drop the coffee or just drop the bread, Drop something and see how your weight works out.

leff
01-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Take it slow and remove one item and see how it works for example, Drop the coffee or just drop the bread, Drop something and see how your weight works out.

Hmmm ore just run more and in the morning....thats the plan

stevenalexander
01-02-2005, 02:10 PM
heres my daily eating routine.
Breakfast:1 bowl of a mixture fruit/1 bowl dry cereal/2 pieces of wheat toast with very little jelly/water
Lunch:water/sometimes a bowl of salad or 2 bowls of soup an thats it for lunch and 2 slices of wheat bread
Dinner:water/the same as lunch depends on wat i feel like eating.
trying to stay low on calories/carbs
ive lost 15 pds since ive started training i was at 165 now at 148(welterweight)woohoo i feel alot better and faster at this weight than i felt at 165

spinksjinx
01-02-2005, 10:07 PM
heres my daily eating routine.
Breakfast:1 bowl of a mixture fruit/1 bowl dry cereal/2 pieces of wheat toast with very little jelly/water
Lunch:water/sometimes a bowl of salad or 2 bowls of soup an thats it for lunch and 2 slices of wheat bread
Dinner:water/the same as lunch depends on wat i feel like eating.
trying to stay low on calories/carbs
ive lost 15 pds since ive started training i was at 165 now at 148(welterweight)woohoo i feel alot better and faster at this weight than i felt at 165

You could drop that soup, Soup is packed with super huge amounts of sodium but as long as you drink enough water you should be fine.

Leff-Up the cardio should do it if you find the time...keep me updated.

Fistecles
01-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Thats a combined 15 rounds right?

hardhitter
01-10-2005, 03:04 PM
spinks i have been browsing different types of bags i have a heavy bag but what are the advantages disanvantages of a double end bag ? what are they used for ?