View Full Version : If you were Joe Silva...

2swell k-wells
10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Who would you put on your fight card for UFC 79 to end the year?

kaps
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Silva vs. Liddell
BJ Penn vs. Sherk
Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva
Randy Couture vs. Fedor
St. Pierre vs. Diego Sanches
Nick Diaz vs. Mayhem Miller

Palma
10-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Silva vs. Liddell
BJ Penn vs. Sherk
Randy Couture vs. Fedor

Those are good picks!!

Personally, I would rather see Forrest or W. Silva take on Rampage for the title instead of Chuck vs. W. Silva. I am not too impressed with Mayhem Miller. I think he is too hyped and is not the same calibur athlete as Diaz or anyone in the welterweight division for that matter. (Some of you are sure to be shaking your heads about that comment :cop: ).

I would rather see a match up against BJ Penn (Moving up to welterweight) to rematch with GSP. Winner takes on the winner of Serra/Huges.

I would offer Urijah Faber a 3 fight contract in the UFC and have him move up to Lightweight to take on Sean Sherk. Maybe he is not ready at this stage in his career to face such a challenger as Sherk, but it would still be an awesome fight to watch. That is what I would do if I were Joe Silva.

kaps
10-05-2007, 07:06 AM
Those are good picks!!

Personally, I would rather see Forrest or W. Silva take on Rampage for the title instead of Chuck vs. W. Silva. I am not too impressed with Mayhem Miller. I think he is too hyped and is not the same calibur athlete as Diaz or anyone in the welterweight division for that matter. (Some of you are sure to be shaking your heads about that comment :cop: ). .

I would like to see Rampage vs. Silva too, I think Rampage is to much for Forrest right now though. I picked Silva vs. Chuck because it's gotta happen sooner or later and we've been waiting along time. Diaz vs. Miller I think would be an entertaining fight, both are scrappy WW's with sick jiu jitsu. Just seems like an entertaining fight to me.

I would rather see a match up against BJ Penn (Moving up to welterweight) to rematch with GSP. Winner takes on the winner of Serra/Huges. .

BJ Penn is always at his best in the LW devision. More gas, heavyer hands than anyone else, and a complete phenom. Though he has the ability to hang with the big names at 170 he seems to come into fights lacking any cardio and after a round or 2 he gets beat....

I would offer Urijah Faber a 3 fight contract in the UFC and have him move up to Lightweight to take on Sean Sherk. Maybe he is not ready at this stage in his career to face such a challenger as Sherk, but it would still be an awesome fight to watch. That is what I would do if I were Joe Silva.

I think Urijah is good for the WEC. Hopefully, UFC can get some of prides LW's in WEC like Kang or someone for him to fight...

Palma
10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Yes I agree, Kang would be an awesome edition to the UFC.

FightNight 2007
10-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Silva vs. Liddell
BJ Penn vs. Sherk
Randy Couture vs. Fedor

would never happen

all u idiots would run up all the classic matchups in one fight card and forget about the other fight cards following....

Jim_Davis
10-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Forrest vs Tito

2swell k-wells
10-05-2007, 10:08 PM
would never happen

all u idiots would run up all the classic matchups in one fight card and forget about the other fight cards following....

Of course it aint gonna happen retard. Running up a classic fight card to end the year is the point of this, what would u do? put only co and main event? thats weak man.

RB23
10-07-2007, 11:27 AM
Well no matter what you have to have Serra/Hughes. That fight will already get people intrested. Second even though both coming off 2 straight loses you have to have Liddell/Wanderlei. And even though Sherk is still officially champ have Penn/Stevenson for the vacant LW title. Those 3 fights would make anyone buy it the card so the other fights wouldnt be as big but still have some signifigance. Karo/Koscheck would be good. Dan Henderson should be on the card, fighting Machida would be great.

My Card...
Hughes vs Serra
Liddell vs Silva
Hendo vs Machida
Penn vs Stevenson
Karo vs Koscheck

FightNight 2007
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Of course it aint gonna happen retard. Running up a classic fight card to end the year is the point of this, what would u do? put only co and main event? thats weak man.

Dude, you act like those are the only exciting fighter...I aint seen a boring MMA fight in a while. they be killin it.

nobody would add Tyson Griffin on their list, but dude been exciting as ****...ya'll too damn biased and impatient....these fights will happen, just wait, they will be spread out.

2swell k-wells
10-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes there are more fighters that are out there that would make a good fight card but everyone really looks forward to a wanderlei vs liddell. If you put a Karo or some other up and comers to co or main event a ppv this big...you wont get much buys.