View Full Version : Pride FC - Fedor Emelianenko. Sambo Fighting

Palma
09-29-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO-fqsZG5k

Palma
10-01-2007, 04:43 AM
After watching the video I am 100% convinced that Fedor will be a hard match up for Randy. I think Fedor's Sambo will nullify Randy's Roman Greco. If that happens then it will be the stand-up striking aspect the deciding factor.

nodogoshi
10-01-2007, 06:24 AM
After watching the video I am 100% convinced that Fedor will be a hard match up for Randy. I think Fedor's Sambo will nullify Randy's Roman Greco. If that happens then it will be the stand-up striking aspect the deciding factor.

No doubt he'd give Randy trouble and probly beat him (imo) but I dont think he'd do it with wrestling.. though he may nulify it, as you said, enough to defend and keep Randy off him and out of his game. However, one thing to note is that basically all the takedowns were gi throws in this vid. Judo fighters (for instance) often have trouble using their judo takedowns when fighting with no gis, unless they are able to get very close and secure a tight clinch. Still, Fedor is very versatile and has obviously shown he doesnt need a gi to be very effective.