View Full Version : Pride Fighters werent as good as we thought?

2swell k-wells
09-26-2007, 05:00 PM
What were supposed to be top ranked fighters are on pretty much a losing streak, does this make u think any less of pride??? just confused thats all, just all the losing from top mma fighters is wierd to see. Did UFC have the top ranked fighters all this time? Something I thought about after seeing the upsets..your thoughts.

Palma
09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
I think it has a lot to do with the individual and how they educate themselves with the octagon/cage vs. ring and different rules of the UFC organization prior to their bout. It's not fair to generalize and say that all Pride contract fighters suck. There are exceptions, but I think that most of the big names have not really taken their accession into the UFC seriously as others have. Mirko looked like he slacked off a bit on the training and preparation and so did Nog and Shogun.

These guy's were paid a lot of money based on their reputation as top of the food chain MMA fighters and so far they have been a big disappointment to the fans.

Mech.
09-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I think you have to take into account some of these guys havent had a fight in a while, when was the last pride event?

Jackson has had success, but remember he had a tune-up, and looked rusty? Things might have been different if he had fought a champ right off the bat.

Liaison
09-26-2007, 07:31 PM
It's hell of a ***** when you can't use those steriods anymore...

Mech.
09-26-2007, 07:45 PM
It's hell of a ***** when you can't use those steriods anymore...

Sure they can, ITS UFC.....

2swell k-wells
09-26-2007, 11:50 PM
yeah, dont get me wrong they have rampage and Silva as champs already but these names and fighters like shogun and crocop and nog seem to be putting on a ****ty performance with the ufc guys. And I've seen some good points made by some and funny comments as well lol (steroids).

To Mech: What Laison meant was that roids I guess are legal in Japan or whatever...something like that:s And they are illegal in the states, they test em for it and if positive they get supspended.

Palma
09-27-2007, 04:06 AM
You guy's think fedor is shooting up??

He is training in Siberia in a undisclosed location (ex-Soviet nuculear underground facility) and the doctors are shooting him up with roids.
Just like Ivan Drago in Rock IV.

Brave_turtle
09-27-2007, 06:11 AM
You guy's think fedor is shooting up??

He is training in Siberia in a undisclosed location (ex-Soviet nuculear underground facility) and the doctors are shooting him up with roids.
Just like Ivan Drago in Rock IV.

Proof please.

If you are going to discredit a fighter please make sure you have credible sources.

Taking Ivan Drago from Rocky just won't cut it.

kaps
09-27-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah, dont get me wrong they have rampage and Silva as champs already but these names and fighters like shogun and crocop and nog seem to be putting on a ****ty performance with the ufc guys. And I've seen some good points made by some and funny comments as well lol (steroids).

To Mech: What Laison meant was that roids I guess are legal in Japan or whatever...something like that:s And they are illegal in the states, they test em for it and if positive they get supspended.

Nog hasn't fought any UFC guys yet. I think the pride fighters are having trouble adjusting to the cage size. Mirko lacks heart, I've always said that and I think Shogun came in thinking he was just gonna walk thru Forrest and didnt really train too his full potential.....

Harms
09-27-2007, 10:53 AM
I think that the UFC fighters are better than previously thought.

tykilroy
09-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Stop making excuses for your fighters you pride nuthuggers. All we ever heard was thatt Pride fighters are soo much better than UFC fighters from you fools. Now that your fighters are getting their ass's kicked you have excuse after excuse.

kaps
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
You're right, all pride fighters are getting there asses kicked. Like Rampage and Anderson Silva, man, they ****ing suck......

i3raintwo
09-27-2007, 02:15 PM
i agree with kapps post before this last one. the cage as randy even said during a past interview about cro cop was that he trained but not with the cage and you can tell it was awkward for him. plus he doesnt even look like he cares to fight anymore. someone on this board said hes probably just want to finish his contract and retire and i looks that way to me. shogun im my opinion gassed and thats why forrest started kicking his ass. with cro cops last fight that guy he fought wasnt very known and looked like he could be contender type.

Palma
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Proof please.

If you are going to discredit a fighter please make sure you have credible sources.

Taking Ivan Drago from Rocky just won't cut it.

You're a total idiot!!

It was a joke you fool.

Juggernaut
09-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Stop making excuses for your fighters you pride nuthuggers. All we ever heard was thatt Pride fighters are soo much better than UFC fighters from you fools. Now that your fighters are getting their ass's kicked you have excuse after excuse.

I'm a Pride fan and I do think Pride fighters are overrated by not just Pride fans, but by anybody who watches Pride and you know why? Because Pride carries themselves to look very legit while UFC's programming reminds you of something from the WWE. Why do you think so many boxers talk so much garbage on the UFC but not Pride? I think mainly because of how UFC portrays themselves. Also Pride's ring looks more sports-like while a cage looks very gimmicky.

Also look at the history of UFC fighters who came to Pride and lost..
- Chuck Liddell to Rampage
- Vitor Belfort to Allistair Overheem
- Vitor Belfort to Dan Henderson
- Rizzo to Roman Zenstov
- Rizzo to Kharitonov
- Murilo Bustamante to Rampage
- Murilo Bustamante to Nakamura
- Jens Pulver to Gomi
etc.

I could go on even further...

But as of right now, UFC contains some of the best fighters right now. We can argue about which organization has had better fighters fight in their org rather than which org is better because it is not the organization that trains the fighters.

2swell k-wells
09-27-2007, 06:26 PM
fighters fight anywhere, anytime so **** the ring/cage excuse cause its a bad one. So if I were to fight Shogun in my basement would I have the advantage????

Juggernaut
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
fighters fight anywhere, anytime so **** the ring/cage excuse cause its a bad one. So if I were to fight Shogun in my basement would I have the advantage????

If you're talking to me, read my post again, my point being is that Pride FC and a ring is more familiarized as legit than a cage to the general public. And I never did say ring/cage excuse as Shogun's main reason he lost, but there should be some training from transition from ring to cage because a ring is smaller while the cage is bigger. Though I think the reason Shogun lost was because of bad training, and rules didn't benefit him (which probably caused the bad training, cuz he probably didn't train with consideration of exploiting the rules)

kaps
09-28-2007, 12:10 AM

Fighters fight where they're contracted to fight. You really don't think there is a difference between the cage and ring?

2swell k-wells
09-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Fighters fight where they're contracted to fight. You really don't think there is a difference between the cage and ring?

As long as there is a mat to fight on it shouldnt matter, it was the fighters ability that got them where they are not a stupid pride ring.

2swell k-wells
09-28-2007, 01:47 AM
If you're talking to me, read my post again, my point being is that Pride FC and a ring is more familiarized as legit than a cage to the general public. And I never did say ring/cage excuse as Shogun's main reason he lost, but there should be some training from transition from ring to cage because a ring is smaller while the cage is bigger. Though I think the reason Shogun lost was because of bad training, and rules didn't benefit him (which probably caused the bad training, cuz he probably didn't train with consideration of exploiting the rules)

Man aint nobody talking to you, but there are alot of people who bring up this ring/cage bull**** and its pathetic man. Rampage and Anderson Silva did pretty good thier octagon CAGE debut, why cant the bigger, better fighters do that???

kaps
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Rampage and Silva have fought in cages before. The Cage adds alot more. You can use the cage to get takedowns, unlike the ring, you can also pin people up against the cage for better GnP, if you get near the ropes in pride, they pull you back in the center. Randy even said that these guys need to train with a cage or they will not do well....

number6
09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Im not too sure on this one,Crocop looks like he doesnt have the appetite for the game any more and Rua more than likely underestimated Forrest (as many of us did).

I think the cage is huge and does make a difference along with the rule changes.But to be honest i expected alot more from these guys.

2swell k-wells
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
yeah....randy said...I guess your right huh...wrong!! They dont get pulled back if they go near the ropes, if they go past the ropes and nearly out of the ring then they get pulled back to the middle. Plus when they go back to the middle they have to go back to the same position they were when outside the ropes so not much advantage there cause either way they are gonna be on their back getting pounded, get subbed, whatever. But whatever, ima pride fan also but I dont make excuses about their performance, they are just outclassed.

kaps
09-28-2007, 05:29 PM
www.sherdog.com

You will fit in well there......

Chups
09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
I wonder whats gonna happen if the UFC fighters try hopping over to Pride? :rolleyes:

kaps
09-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Ask Chuck Liddell.....

2swell k-wells
09-28-2007, 09:43 PM
www.sherdog.com

You will fit in well there......

You dont fit in anwhere so I suggest u go away. Nvm keep posting, Im enjoying this a bit. You are one pure pride nuthugger aint ya, pride is dead...sad but true, suck on this:bottle: and watch old video tapes of pride you tool.

The Ultimate Fighter 7
Team 2swell vs Team Kaps
:boxing: :boxing:

threw in a lil humor there so dont get to upset, its only a mma forum.

enadeus
09-28-2007, 11:29 PM
The bottom line is the ammount of mismatches in Pride were ridicolous, especially the Japanese fighters who were thrown in there against the best, so was the level of competition in Pride as good as UFC, maybe or maybe not, were the fighters better, yes! In the UFC there were only a handful of superstars, usually one per division, in pride fc there were multiple superstars per division. UFC lets many more younger fighters fight each other, on the earlier slots in the telecast, which is always interesting. UFC events are also not as action packed as Pride FC events, with fighters getting knocked out on first flush contact, while it Pride it was almost always a war. Also, I've noticed that the submission talent in Pride was much better, I don't know if this has to do with the ring, or just old times, but I rarely see kimura submissions in the UFC, while in Pride FC they were plentiful. I think the judging system in Pride was also more fair, I don't recall too many bad calls, while in the UFC just the last ppv there were 2 if I recall, terrible calls in my opinion.

When you talk about Pride fighters, Rampage Jackson came and faced the best most known fighter in the UFC, Chuck Liddell, and knocked him out. Anderson Silva came in and faced the best fighter possible, Rich Franklin, and also knocked him out.

As far as the heavyweight division in Pride FC, Cro Cop was put against two taller fighters in his first two fights, and we know the results. We also know that if you can neutralize Cro Cop's game standing, there is not much that he can do on the ground. There are also not many fighters in Pride FC who really challanged Cro Cop, often standing in front of him, intimidated I guess, and I think by his last two performances its safe to say that Cro Cop is passed his prime. The other heavyweight superstar in Pride FC, Fedor, I don't see anyone challanging him at all in the UFC out of the heavyweights out there, but I think Coutoure has an interesting style that can match Fedor's abilities, and it would definetly be intersting.

Shogun already made his statement, injury prevented him from really preparing fully, no one has ever seen him this gassed up in a fight, also all the rolling on the ground, I've never seen him do this either. I guess he was really confident that he was going to win and decided to go in, also considering that if he took the 3 months off for surgery and not taken the fight, who knows what happens after surgery maybe he won't be able to fight again, and who can really turn down $150,000 in this situation? I think thats what really happened there, he was injured, but decided to fight anyway because the money was just too good.

Also I'm not exactly sure why people are looking forward to Wanderlei Silva in the UFC, he will definetly lose his fight. He pulled off a Roy Jones, gained a ton of weight, and now he is completely out of figure, and has looked terrible recently.

Also we must remember many of Pride's fighters haven't fought for months, and you can't say Dan Henderson is not in his game, still fighting well even thought he is only 20 pounds over his true weight class :cop:

Still MIA to make their debut in the UFC:

Ricardo Arona
Paulo Filho
Fedor Emelianenko
Takanori Gomi
Mark Hunt
Denis Kang
Sergei Kharitonov

2swell k-wells
09-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Gomi isnt gonna fight in the ufc, he quoted that already.
Cro Cop fought Sanchez and Gonzaga and I dont know why u brought Sanchez in the mix. But everything else you said was well said.

Juggernaut
09-29-2007, 04:08 AM
The bottom line is the ammount of mismatches in Pride were ridicolous, especially the Japanese fighters who were thrown in there against the best, so was the level of competition in Pride as good as UFC, maybe or maybe not, were the fighters better, yes! In the UFC there were only a handful of superstars, usually one per division, in pride fc there were multiple superstars per division. UFC lets many more younger fighters fight each other, on the earlier slots in the telecast, which is always interesting. UFC events are also not as action packed as Pride FC events, with fighters getting knocked out on first flush contact, while it Pride it was almost always a war. Also, I've noticed that the submission talent in Pride was much better, I don't know if this has to do with the ring, or just old times, but I rarely see kimura submissions in the UFC, while in Pride FC they were plentiful. I think the judging system in Pride was also more fair, I don't recall too many bad calls, while in the UFC just the last ppv there were 2 if I recall, terrible calls in my opinion.

When you talk about Pride fighters, Rampage Jackson came and faced the best most known fighter in the UFC, Chuck Liddell, and knocked him out. Anderson Silva came in and faced the best fighter possible, Rich Franklin, and also knocked him out.

As far as the heavyweight division in Pride FC, Cro Cop was put against two taller fighters in his first two fights, and we know the results. We also know that if you can neutralize Cro Cop's game standing, there is not much that he can do on the ground. There are also not many fighters in Pride FC who really challanged Cro Cop, often standing in front of him, intimidated I guess, and I think by his last two performances its safe to say that Cro Cop is passed his prime. The other heavyweight superstar in Pride FC, Fedor, I don't see anyone challanging him at all in the UFC out of the heavyweights out there, but I think Coutoure has an interesting style that can match Fedor's abilities, and it would definetly be intersting.

Shogun already made his statement, injury prevented him from really preparing fully, no one has ever seen him this gassed up in a fight, also all the rolling on the ground, I've never seen him do this either. I guess he was really confident that he was going to win and decided to go in, also considering that if he took the 3 months off for surgery and not taken the fight, who knows what happens after surgery maybe he won't be able to fight again, and who can really turn down $150,000 in this situation? I think thats what really happened there, he was injured, but decided to fight anyway because the money was just too good.

Also I'm not exactly sure why people are looking forward to Wanderlei Silva in the UFC, he will definetly lose his fight. He pulled off a Roy Jones, gained a ton of weight, and now he is completely out of figure, and has looked terrible recently.

Also we must remember many of Pride's fighters haven't fought for months, and you can't say Dan Henderson is not in his game, still fighting well even thought he is only 20 pounds over his true weight class :cop:

Still MIA to make their debut in the UFC:

Ricardo Arona
Paulo Filho
Fedor Emelianenko
Takanori Gomi
Mark Hunt
Denis Kang
Sergei Kharitonov

Those two are in K1

As for the Cage and Ring transition, if Randy Couture says there is a big difference, I rather listen to a fighter of his caliber than some guy on a forum who has red reputation. And again, need I mention again all the fighters who came to Pride and got whooped, it balances out the Pride fighters who came to the UFC and got whooped.

MetalVomit
09-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Rampage and Anderson Silva have been nothing less than impressive since coming to the UFC.

i3raintwo
09-29-2007, 05:10 PM
im on team kaps. because what juggernaut said about what randy says is true. i actually just say that human weapon esp yesterday night and randy was talking about using the cage in many different ways. k-wells is talking outta his ass. stop being so close minded because you dont want to admit to being incorrect in a previous statement you made in this argument. "be a man!" its ok to be wrong.

2swell k-wells
09-29-2007, 05:47 PM
im on team kaps. because what juggernaut said about what randy says is true. i actually just say that human weapon esp yesterday night and randy was talking about using the cage in many different ways. k-wells is talking outta his ass. stop being so close minded because you dont want to admit to being incorrect in a previous statement you made in this argument. "be a man!" its ok to be wrong.

dude dont go there.......seriously.....ask anyone here...just **** off and have a good day and dont ever mention 2swell in 1 of your setences again.....*****.

res
09-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Huh??? is the purpose of this thread to try to preempively make a ridiculous claim before everyone starts stating what has become obvious? The UFC guys suck! That is what we are all seeing now. Rampage knocks that bar room brawler reject, Chuck Liddel out in 8 seconds or how ever long it was. Wasn't he supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread? Liddel was basically the UFC's Fedor and it didn't take fedor to beat him. The Silva comes in and rapes this oveerrated Chris Leben like farah fawcett. Soon there will be nothing but Pride champs in the UFC.

It took Henderson to finally give Rampage a challenge.

These UFC guys are crazy, their fighters are dropping off like flies and their still talking garbage. Mirko Crocop got knocked out twice but I always thought he was overrated anyway. Best striker in the world LOL!

kaps
09-30-2007, 12:36 AM
You dont fit in anwhere so I suggest u go away. Nvm keep posting, Im enjoying this a bit. You are one pure pride nuthugger aint ya, pride is dead...sad but true, suck on this:bottle: and watch old video tapes of pride you tool.

The Ultimate Fighter 7
Team 2swell vs Team Kaps
:boxing: :boxing:

threw in a lil humor there so dont get to upset, its only a mma forum.

LOL @ me not fitting in, I am the only original member of this forum left, check the join date. Most the other old school posters left because of TUF noobs like yourself. I've always like UFC better, but I did/do believe Pride had more talent in the LHW and HW devisions. If you're to much of a moron to realize there is a big difference between fighting in a cage and a ring, head on over too sherdog with the rest of the TUF noobs....

2swell k-wells
10-02-2007, 08:28 PM
LOL @ me not fitting in, I am the only original member of this forum left, check the join date. Most the other old school posters left because of TUF noobs like yourself. I've always like UFC better, but I did/do believe Pride had more talent in the LHW and HW devisions. If you're to much of a moron to realize there is a big difference between fighting in a cage and a ring, head on over too sherdog with the rest of the TUF noobs....

Move on over kaps cause im taking over, maybe u should leave too wit the others who couldnt hack a lil rough play on the internet lol.

2swell k-wells
10-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Huh??? is the purpose of this thread to try to preempively make a ridiculous claim before everyone starts stating what has become obvious? The UFC guys suck! That is what we are all seeing now. Rampage knocks that bar room brawler reject, Chuck Liddel out in 8 seconds or how ever long it was. Wasn't he supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread? Liddel was basically the UFC's Fedor and it didn't take fedor to beat him. The Silva comes in and rapes this oveerrated Chris Leben like farah fawcett. Soon there will be nothing but Pride champs in the UFC.

These UFC guys are crazy, their fighters are dropping off like flies and their still talking garbage. Mirko Crocop got knocked out twice but I always thought he was overrated anyway. Best striker in the world LOL!

:wtf1: why dont u mention shogun, supposed to the best lhw in the world and cro cop was top ranked along with nog who almost lost to a lil herring. oh yeah herring is doing bad as well, plus nak etc. what are u doing here, **** off and:bryce:

2swell k-wells
10-02-2007, 08:33 PM

ps: I was cleary asking a question about pride fighters losing not claiming anything. If u read the title it has a question mark you loose cunt.

kaps
10-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Move on over kaps cause im taking over, maybe u should leave too wit the others who couldnt hack a lil rough play on the internet lol.

It's not the rough play, it's the way you argue, that's probably why you have bad rep. Instead of answering questions and getting your point across, you just start throwin insults, which makes you look worse in the end...

2swell k-wells
10-02-2007, 09:42 PM
my rep went down in the training and nutrition, those guys are halarious and big time boxing fans. I try getting my point across about f'n ring/cage difference but you just throw **** like blah blah blah, your right im wrong bull****, ya heard.

vinnie7731
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
It's not the rough play, it's the way you argue, that's probably why you have bad rep. Instead of answering questions and getting your point across, you just start throwin insults, which makes you look worse in the end...

i do agree

kaps
10-03-2007, 12:42 AM
my rep went down in the training and nutrition, those guys are halarious and big time boxing fans. I try getting my point across about f'n ring/cage difference but you just throw **** like blah blah blah, your right im wrong bull****, ya heard.

The cage is bigger, you use more energy. You can't cut people off in the corners like you can in a ring. The cage changes the whole dynamic of the clinch game. It's more easy to use the cage to get takedowns. You can prop peoples head against the cage for more leverage when doing GnP. It's not really an excuse, but you're going to be at a disadvantage if you do not train for fighting in a cage against fighters who have trained for and fought in the cage before. How can you deny that?

2swell k-wells
10-03-2007, 01:19 AM
I didnt come onto this forum to make friends, I came to put news up for people to read cause this forum is sorta slow with tha news. If everyone is gonna agree with you and hug your nuts thats fine cause its only the f'n internet and I clearly dont give a ****. Imagine how boring this site would be if everyone agreed with one thing, be lucky im here folks.

kaps
10-03-2007, 01:39 AM
I didnt come onto this forum to make friends, I came to put news up for people to read cause this forum is sorta slow with tha news. If everyone is gonna agree with you and hug your nuts thats fine cause its only the f'n internet and I clearly dont give a ****. Imagine how boring this site would be if everyone agreed with one thing, be lucky im here folks.

Avoiding the debate again?

Virgil Caine
10-03-2007, 09:42 AM
***bump***

2swell k-wells
10-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Avoiding the debate again?

Your last quote before this, you made it sound like in the ring the fighters would have a advantage. So the cage gets rid of all the advantage the pride figthers would have in the ring, now they have this big open area(cage) to fight in so there really shouldnt be any excuses.

Palma
10-03-2007, 04:35 PM
The cage is bigger, you use more energy. You can't cut people off in the corners like you can in a ring. The cage changes the whole dynamic of the clinch game. It's more easy to use the cage to get takedowns. You can prop peoples head against the cage for more leverage when doing GnP. It's not really an excuse, but you're going to be at a disadvantage if you do not train for fighting in a cage against fighters who have trained for and fought in the cage before. How can you deny that?

The cage can either be an advantage or a disadvantage, but the bottom line is in the pre-fight preparation. These athletes are getting paid a good amount of money (some at least) and it is ****ing ridiculous how unprepared and poorly some of these so-called "high ranking fighters" are executing. In all honesty, does anyone think that Forrest would have beaten Shogun if they were to have fought in a Pride event in Japan?? I will tell you this, if Shogun would have came to that fight unprepared like he did during his UFC debut he would have lost. Cage, ring, street, elevator, parking lot, makes no difference. the fighter that comes prepared and focused is going to win everytime. I would rather have a person who had average skills, but possessed hard working ethics vs. an above average person who possessed an apathetic attitude any day of the week.

Brave_turtle
10-08-2007, 04:22 AM
MMA is a sport where anythign can happen.

Chuck isn't Pride and he lost twice in a row just like Crocop. UFC and Pride both have their good guys and it's hard to predict. Fighters improve or get worse.

IMO, all the steroids argument is absurb. People keep repeating rumors when they hear it just too look smarter.

robot_monkey
10-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Steroids shrink your balls, and you need big balls to fight! Pride fighter are having trouble because they need time to adjust. Imagine you lived in a house for 10 years and then had to go to a new one. You invested 10 years of your life, it takes time to adjust to the new conditions.

2swell k-wells
10-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Steroids shrink your balls, and you need big balls to fight! Pride fighter are having trouble because they need time to adjust. Imagine you lived in a house for 10 years and then had to go to a new one. You invested 10 years of your life, it takes time to adjust to the new conditions.

lol wtf, if I lived in a house for 10 years and went to a new one it would take overnight to adjust...lol.

Juggernaut
10-08-2007, 06:16 PM
lol wtf, if I lived in a house for 10 years and went to a new one it would take overnight to adjust...lol.

thats a terrible analogy

2swell k-wells
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
who gives a ****.

Bluecifer
10-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Pride fighters are just smaller and I would guess that roids play a part. Mirko looked way smaller than usual and Forrest looked HUGE compared to Shogun. Size matters guys. It never was a secret about Roids & the Chutebox guys. I would assume that most Pride guys used steroids ALOT. Reason being that MOST top guys have used something, here too, in any sport. The US has the good **** that rarely shows up unless you're a careless dumb****. If you're from a 3rd world country, than it's the older **** that takes a while to get out of your system. The cage makes a big difference too, it's way bigger and favors greco roman type of upper body takedowns. Regardless, I do think we over rated Pride. Yeah, Silva and Jackson are doing great, but I think Pride's other topdogs in the HW are just too small and poorly suited for the cage.

robot_monkey
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
thats a terrible analogy

mentally, mentally

res
10-11-2007, 02:15 AM
:wtf1: why dont u mention shogun, supposed to the best lhw in the world and cro cop was top ranked along with nog who almost lost to a lil herring. oh yeah herring is doing bad as well, plus nak etc. what are u doing here, **** off and:bryce:

Nothing tops the fact that a Pride fighter beat the BEST guy you had to offer in a manner of seconds and made him look like he didn't even belong in the same ring with him. Let's see someone in the UFC do that to Pride's best guy (Fedor)....forget about that, let's just see someone in the UFC last 5 minutes with him.

Like I said I always thought Crocop was overrated.
It is a shame what happened to ShoGun though, how in the world did he get beat by FOREST GRIFFIN!:grumble: .

Oh and don't talk mean over the internet to other posters, it makes you look like a coward.

2swell k-wells
10-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Let's see someone in the UFC do that to Pride's best guy (Fedor)....forget about that, let's just see someone in the UFC last 5 minutes with him.

I wont see that cause Prides dead hahaha.

2swell k-wells
10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh and don't talk mean over the internet to other posters, it makes you look like a coward.

I can say what I want

and u sound gay.

Bluecifer
10-12-2007, 05:17 PM
Asking someone not to say soemthing mean is what is cowardly, and the rest of your post is retarded.

number6
10-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Pride fighters are just smaller and I would guess that roids play a part. Mirko looked way smaller than usual and Forrest looked HUGE compared to Shogun. Size matters guys. It never was a secret about Roids & the Chutebox guys. I would assume that most Pride guys used steroids ALOT. Reason being that MOST top guys have used something, here too, in any sport. The US has the good **** that rarely shows up unless you're a careless dumb****. If you're from a 3rd world country, than it's the older **** that takes a while to get out of your system. The cage makes a big difference too, it's way bigger and favors greco roman type of upper body takedowns. Regardless, I do think we over rated Pride. Yeah, Silva and Jackson are doing great, but I think Pride's other topdogs in the HW are just too small and poorly suited for the cage.

I think this is a good post with some good points.