View Full Version : Big Nog vs Kongo in December

2swell k-wells
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Well in his last interview for Portaldovaletudo.com.br Minotauro talk about his future.
I very happy to stay here in the UFC...and my next oponnent should be the winner of Mirko vs Kongo and now things are clear like the water and Kongo is my next opponent for december 29.
I know he`s a strong guy with good punches, kicks and specially his KNEES...and i will train hard for this..specially for the clinch , and i know my stand up is good for him.In the ground i know he`s a good but not
good as me..and im sure that he can`t go out of my positions.
For otehr side he say he really want to fight against Fedor again and bla bla.
Then the Interview talk about how he trains, when he comes into the Vale Tudo or MMA whatever you call it, etc.

Hopefully if Antonio wins he can face Couture, I dont want to see a sloppy Kongo vs Couture, it would be like Couture vs GG.

FightNight 2007
09-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Big Nog is too slow for Kongo, but if it hits the ground then Nog will ease out a decision.

2swell k-wells
09-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Nog by Submission, I dont care what submission but he will pull one off..HOPEFULLY.

Azteca
09-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Im takin' Nog. Kongo is slow and limited but he is a freak of nature in terms of his size and sheer strength. Nog is more polished and I feel the overall better.

Palma
09-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree, Nog will win if it goes to the ground.

demirturk
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
nog will outbox him first , then he will sub him

Liaison
09-27-2007, 03:12 PM
This is Nog/Sapp all over again. Kongo clubs him and out muscles him standing, until a badly beaten up Nog works his magic and subs him. God I hope it happens

kaps
09-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Nog takes this by Sub. Kongo will have an advantage standing, but it wont be on the feet for long. Kongo doesnt have much of a takedown defence...

$ LegenD $
09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
what ever happened to sapp?.....just thought about that from a comment above.......anyways i got nog in a snoozer......

kaps
09-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Sapp keeps no showing events. the last one was Cage Rage, he was supposed to fight some guy and Tank took his place at the last minute.....

Blair_Wells#32
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
i've read somewhere that nog wants 2 stand with kongo, other than that all i gotta say is i'm not really impressed with either fighter an that randy would beat em both.

2swell k-wells
09-27-2007, 06:33 PM
He(nog) couldnt stand with Herring, if this happens Kongo would take the decision.

number6
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Nog takes this by sub, Kongo will do ok on his feet but i dont think he is good enough to end the fight standing.Nog will take him down and sub him, Kongo looked bad on the ground against Crocop.

wulff.man
09-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Kongo is the most obviously pampered fighter the UFC has ever had.

Things do not look good for Nog...

Consider how many groin-shots Kongo was allowed to fire against Cro-cop.
It was almost as if he had prior knowledge that if he was in trouble he was free to crack the groin at will.

Nog better be careful of that.

As a matter of fact, Nog best not even try to take it to the ground. Assuerio Silva completely dominated Kongo on the ground, even though he was stood up too many times to count by BS reffing. Then Silva was robbed of a deserved decision. Again another example of the UFC pampering Kongo.

Considering Rogans professed man-love for Kongo it would seem the powers that be behind the scenes at the UFC have the script set for the next UFC heavyweight champion.

If this fight goes without any BS (and we all know it won't) I would not be surprised to see Nog KO Kongo. Nog has displayed much better standup than some of you guys are giving him credit for.

2swell k-wells
09-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Nog wins by...whatever the hell he wants. But yeah, the groin shots against cro cop, it was like kongo liked the feeling of balls on his feet.

number6
10-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Kongo is the most obviously pampered fighter the UFC has ever had.

Things do not look good for Nog...

Consider how many groin-shots Kongo was allowed to fire against Cro-cop.
It was almost as if he had prior knowledge that if he was in trouble he was free to crack the groin at will.

Nog better be careful of that.

As a matter of fact, Nog best not even try to take it to the ground. Assuerio Silva completely dominated Kongo on the ground, even though he was stood up too many times to count by BS reffing. Then Silva was robbed of a deserved decision. Again another example of the UFC pampering Kongo.

Considering Rogans professed man-love for Kongo it would seem the powers that be behind the scenes at the UFC have the script set for the next UFC heavyweight champion.

If this fight goes without any BS (and we all know it won't) I would not be surprised to see Nog KO Kongo. Nog has displayed much better standup than some of you guys are giving him credit for.

I had Kongo winning that fight.

kaps
10-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Nog wins by...whatever the hell he wants. But yeah, the groin shots against cro cop, it was like kongo liked the feeling of balls on his feet.

Oh **** son, I actually agree with you....

Juggernaut
10-02-2007, 12:08 AM
No offense, but isn't Big Nog a shot fighter? I give him props for still fighting though, but his career consist of guys such as Bob Sapp, Fedor, Cro Cop, etc. He's been through a lot of punishment.

kaps
10-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Shot? He's only lost too 2 guys in the past 7 years. 1 of them is concidered the best MMA fighter ever and the other is a solid top 5 HW whom he avenged his loss from 3 months later....

Liaison
10-02-2007, 12:40 AM
But that eye of his must be an issue (or atleast will become one). Though after the last fight, it appears that it isn't affecting him, standard Nog stuff in that fight.