View Full Version : diego sanchez as a lightweight?

Blair_Wells#32
09-24-2007, 01:32 PM
takin from the ufc post fight press conference.

"I feel that he beat me fair and square. I was close, but close isnít close enough. All fighters go through losses, Iím just going to have to come back stronger. Iím contemplating in my mind if Iím going to drop to (1)55 or not, because Iím a smaller welterweight. I could do more powerlifting and put some more weight on or I could lose some weight."

:nonono: i don't think he should do it, jus add a lil more muscle and keep workin, 2 many good fights yet 2 happen with diego at welterweight for him 2 drop to lightweight.

just my 2 cents.
peace.

SAN D13GO VILLAN
09-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I was their live and Jon did look taller and bigger then him.

robot_monkey
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Diego would be better off in the lightweight division, fighting Penn and Florian. I think he would do well in that division. Diego has some fat on his body; going to lightweight would cut the fat.

Liaison
09-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Personally, I***8217;d like to see him give 185 a crack, Filho is doing the rounds at WEC and Lindland is doing his I***8217;ll fight for anyone bar UFC tour so there***8217;s two tough guys out of the equation, he certainly has the beating of Rich and Nate the Great and he***8217;s got nothing to lose with Silva.

Moving down give the perception that he can only beat smaller guys***8230;.

Gareth Ivanovic
09-25-2007, 12:33 AM
He should go down to LW just to maybe get that swagger back. Plus IMO that would be the best weight for him at this point.

Azteca
09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
He would still get outwrestled and outclassed by Sherk. Florian would go on his bike and outbox Diego. If Penn stays at LW, he would whip Diego. Absolutely beat him down.

Huerta would be a good fight. Huerta has better technique but Diego is a relentless monster. That would be FOTY.

I still think Diego sucks and is overated, His boxing is horrendous. He has the worst left hand I have ever seen. He throws it like a 10 year old girl.