View Full Version : UFC 76 = upsets

2swell k-wells
09-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Who's with me on this one? Im pulling for Jardine to beat Liddell, I just think this will happen. Forrest will KO Shogun!! Diego will have another loss also.
Ok there are 2 LHW's for the main events, who will get pushed up further?
Kieth Jardine beating Liddel or Forrest Griffen beating Shogun? Im calling it right now and this is muh prediction for this weekend.:popcorn:

the giant one
09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
id think the liddel one would be more likely than shogun.

kaps
09-19-2007, 02:11 AM
id think the liddel one would be more likely than shogun.

Ditto but I don't see either of them losing....

Naps
09-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Can't see Jardine beating Lidell in a million years. Chuck by KO 1st round.

Palma
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Who's with me on this one? Im pulling for Jardine to beat Liddell, I just think this will happen. Forrest will KO Shogun!! Diego will have another loss also.
Kieth Jardine beating Liddel or Forrest Griffen beating Shogun? Im calling it right now and this is muh prediction for this weekend.:popcorn:

Never happen!

2swell k-wells
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Never happen!

ya never know, ****s been happening all year.

kaps
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Not saying there is no chance, but its highly unlikely...

MetalVomit
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Liddell beats Jardine, Shogun beats Griffin

vinnie7731
09-19-2007, 04:49 PM
jardine gets in a few good shots, but chuck knocks him out beginning of round 2. griffin puts up a great fight (as usual) but loses by submission 3rd round.

SAN D13GO VILLAN
09-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Cant wait untill Saturday! I'll be their Live, my 1st MMA event.

Azteca
09-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Im taking Rua in about a round or two. Probably about 4 minutes in.

Jardine may pull off the upset. I see him as a good style matchup with Chuck. Chuck uses alot of movement and if Jardine can hone in on a leg I think he cook eek a decision. Yeah, Im going with Jardine.

vinnie7731
09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Cant wait untill Saturday! I'll be their Live, my 1st MMA event.

went to 3 ufc events in 06' and 1 ifl event in 06'. nothing beats being there. stick around after the fights, walk down to the octagon, as close as you can get and sometimes you can meet some of the fighters or dana ect.. as they walk out. have fun

number6
09-19-2007, 06:04 PM
There's more chance of Chuck getting beat than Rua, but i dont see either happening.Both could win in round 1.

Who are the betting fav's in the Sanchez/Fitch and Machida/Nakamura fights?

SAN D13GO VILLAN
09-19-2007, 06:25 PM
went to 3 ufc events in 06' and 1 ifl event in 06'. nothing beats being there. stick around after the fights, walk down to the octagon, as close as you can get and sometimes you can meet some of the fighters or dana ect.. as they walk out. have fun

I been to allot of boxing fights but this is my 1st MMa fight Hopefully I can get to meet some fighters down their and take some pictures.

2swell k-wells
09-19-2007, 08:34 PM
I been to allot of boxing fights but this is my 1st MMa fight Hopefully I can get to meet some fighters down their and take some pictures.

you will see or even feel a difference in the crown, hope ya enjoy it.
**** Wish I can go to a UFC event...when it comes to canada it will still be pretty far away when it goes to montreal.

kaps
09-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Go to the afterparty dude, you'll meet lots of fighters.....

One Hit KO
09-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Why The Hell Is Liddell Fighting Jardine?? Why Dont He Fight A Stronger Fighter Than Jardine. Its Bull****. He Should Fight Shogun Since He Is Good In Stand Up Fighting. If He Is Really That Great He Has To Be Tested And Fight The Guys Who Are Good In Stand Ups. He Should've Fought Houston Alexander Who Beat Jardine. Damn I Think Dana White Has Favoritism. Maybe He Is Keeping Liddell As His Precious Fighter. Give Him Easy Fights To Get More Wins. Come On!!!

Palma
09-20-2007, 06:47 AM
ya never know, ****s been happening all year.

That is true!

SAN D13GO VILLAN
09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Go to the afterparty dude, you'll meet lots of fighters.....

Were's the after party at?:beerchug:

Blair_Wells#32
09-20-2007, 10:02 AM
not really into this card but heres what i think.
i think forest has a better chance of beating shogun than jardine does of beating lidell.
forest fought a pretty smart fight his last one, mixed his punches and kicks well and got a unanimous decision victory, i think if forest can keep his distance with the jabs an leg kicks and times his flurries well he can either knock out shogun or walk away with a UD win.
jardine on the other hand has a very small chance of beating lidell, after being rocked countless times by houston alexander i'm wondering if he'll try the same strategy and go right at lidell....if that happens i think chuck will get the first round ko, on the other hand if his early start works out he just might catch chuck.
I Dont believe diego will lose 2 fitch not after losing a decision 2 koscheck that set him back in the rankings, diego by ground and pound.
well i'm out.
peace.

Harms
09-20-2007, 11:59 AM
There's more chance of Chuck getting beat than Rua, but i dont see either happening.Both could win in round 1.

I've seen Sanchez/Fitch at even on some sites. Pretty accurate. Should be the fight of the night.

kaps
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, looking forward too Sanchez/Fitch the most...

number6
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I've seen Sanchez/Fitch at even on some sites. Pretty accurate. Should be the fight of the night.

I agree, should be a top fight. Tough one to call.

vinnie7731
09-20-2007, 07:02 PM
i hope fitch knocks out sanchez and wins fight of the night with a big bonus. there is something about sanchez that bothers me. he is good, wont take that away from him. i would also like to see forest win over shogun. could be a big night of upsets???

2swell k-wells
09-20-2007, 11:37 PM
i hope fitch knocks out sanchez and wins fight of the night with a big bonus. there is something about sanchez that bothers me. he is good, wont take that away from him. i would also like to see forest win over shogun. could be a big night of upsets???

Your forgot The Dean of Mean:o I dont know what it is but ima fan of his.
Nothing pretty about him but his fighting ability, he was actually lasting all thsoe blows from Houston Alexander until that big uppercut...maybe he can outlast Liddells counter punches. These 2 seem fairly similar, standup fighters and it is always more exciting on the feet.

ps: they both have a wierd fighting stance.

robot_monkey
09-21-2007, 01:56 AM
I am rooting for the Dean of Mean to knock Chuck Liddell out! After watching Chuck come unprepared to fight Rampage, I am not looking forward to witnessing him fight Wanderlei; Rampage already gave me what I wanted.

Blair_Wells#32
09-23-2007, 11:46 AM
i'm and still laughing my *ucking ass off, lmao upsets all night.

2swell k-wells
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Yo I called it guys! lol Had a feeling their were gonna be upsets.
I told you, never doubt a fighter, he has more of a chance of winning than you think. Maybe now you guys would start giving Matt Serra a chance huh?

kaps
09-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Yo I called it guys! lol Had a feeling their were gonna be upsets.
I told you, never doubt a fighter, he has more of a chance of winning than you think. Maybe now you guys would start giving Matt Serra a chance huh?

Good call dude, I didnt think either fight would go down like that. Good K....

number6
09-23-2007, 08:07 PM

I obviously know jack **** about mma.

Undefeated
09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Good call son..

I knew Griffin would get rid of shogun, and diego would lose again. I thought Liddel would win. I was wrong.

KingDosia
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM

haha nice call 2s

neils7147933
09-24-2007, 08:04 PM
What do you think the Powerball numbers will be tomorrow?

2swell k-wells
09-25-2007, 01:25 AM
What do you think the Powerball numbers will be tomorrow?

haha I wouldnt know that but if I did I would keep it to myself:D:beerchug: