View Full Version : Brock Lesnar just signed with UFC?

Virgil Caine
09-15-2007, 04:46 AM
This is from his Wikipedia sight:

Lesnar is currently training at Minnesota Martial Arts Academy out of Minnesota. He is training with the likes of UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk, Bodog Welterweight Champion Nick Thompson, and WEC fighter Brock Larson. It is said that Lesnar has just recently signed a contract with the UFC and will have his first fight with them at the beginning quarter of 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_lesnar

Azteca
09-15-2007, 04:49 AM
He is training with little men. Why wont he train with some big guys? Sherk and Larson are both at least close to the strength level of most big men.....but Lesnar is a freak of nature.

Palma
09-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I am looking forward to watching this guy's explosive power in the Octagon. I hear his workouts are legendary so training at Sean Sher's gym is the right place to be cause they will make a robot out of this guy!

American_Ninja
09-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I heard he was gonna sign, but I dont think he has yet.
White would announce something like this.
There nothing on ufc's website.

Yaman
09-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I hope so. Then I'll watch UFC, because I know this guy's a beast.

American_Ninja
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
That site is not reliable. It let ME edit it. W/O being logged in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_lesnar#UFC

Virgil Caine
09-15-2007, 01:49 PM
I heard he was gonna sign, but I dont think he has yet.
White would announce something like this.
There nothing on ufc's website.

That site is not reliable. It let ME edit it. W/O being logged in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_lesnar#UFC

Hence the question mark on the title. But i thought it was worth posting anyways because that info was recently added and i think many wikipedia sites are updated by athletes and their handlers.

And dont edits have to be verified?

kaps
09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
How unexciting. His 1 pro fight against a nobody was good enough to earn him a shot in the UFC I guess....

Virgil Caine
09-15-2007, 07:00 PM
How unexciting. His 1 pro fight against a nobody was good enough to earn him a shot in the UFC I guess....

Well the guy he fought was an olympic judo silver medalist.. and his colegiate wrestling credentials qualify him for UFC imo.

kaps
09-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Just because you can wrestle doenst mean you can fight. All Brock is is a draw, so people will buy more PPVs. There are more qualified and better fighters that would eat his lunch still fighting in the lower shows that should get a shot before he does...

Jim_Davis
09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Brock Lesnar looks like a bad ass thats why he got in. He's entertaining.

Virgil Caine
09-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Just because you can wrestle doenst mean you can fight. All Brock is is a draw, so people will buy more PPVs. There are more qualified and better fighters that would eat his lunch still fighting in the lower shows that should get a shot before he does...

There's a long list of top wrestlers who've jumped straight into the UFC, having fought very little or not at all in other shows. Among these are Randy Couture, Mark Coleman, Matt Hamill, Kazushi Sakuraba (all 4 debuted in the UFC), Kevin Jackson, Mark Kerr, and the list goes on. Brock's got proven strength and athleticism, he deserves a shot to show he belongs with the HWs of the UFC.

number6
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
This guy should make some waves.

American_Ninja
09-16-2007, 12:03 AM
This guy should make some waves.
I agree, as long as his chin holds up, he should be fun to watch.

kaps
09-16-2007, 02:50 AM
There's a long list of top wrestlers who've jumped straight into the UFC, having fought very little or not at all in other shows. Among these are Randy Couture, Mark Coleman, Matt Hamill, Kazushi Sakuraba (all 4 debuted in the UFC), Kevin Jackson, Mark Kerr, and the list goes on. Brock's got proven strength and athleticism, he deserves a shot to show he belongs with the HWs of the UFC.

I am 100% Sure he is not getting signed for his wrestling ability/athleticism. Cant wait to watch him Lay N Pray!

Virgil Caine
09-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I am 100% Sure he is not getting signed for his wrestling ability/athleticism. Cant wait to watch him Lay N Pray!

You said there are many better HWs who'd "eat his lunch," I'm just saying that as evidenced by the success of past wrestlers who've found great success jumping straight into UFC, theres no reason he shouldn't have a good chance of being successful. Besides, in Japan there are many pro wrestler/MMA fighters so its not uncommon in the sport either.

It is true that hes being signed for his drawing power, but he seems serious about fighting.

2swell k-wells
09-16-2007, 04:01 PM
his lil punches seemed like they were doing damage but that was a close incounter punch and someone already added...nobody tested the wwe next big thing yet...so until then we will see if he can fight.
And I highly doubt he got signed already. Dude if your gon post something make sure its legit.

Azteca
09-16-2007, 04:04 PM
If Nate Diaz can get signed for a multi fight contract...and kendall grove...then so can this guy,

Virgil Caine
09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
his lil punches seemed like they were doing damage but that was a close incounter punch and someone already added...nobody tested the wwe next big thing yet...so until then we will see if he can fight.
And I highly doubt he got signed already. Dude if your gon post something make sure its legit.

I was just bored and felt like making a thread about it.. i never tried to say it was anything more than hearsay. Besides, if he hasn't been signed his signing seams iminent anyways (at least if you buy the stuff in the news articles out there)

kaps
09-16-2007, 08:05 PM
How much does he weigh anyway? He's well over 265 isnt he?

neils7147933
09-16-2007, 08:29 PM
No more Lesnar UFC threads til there's a press release from Zuffa, huh guys?

Virgil Caine
09-16-2007, 09:05 PM
How much does he weigh anyway? He's well over 265 isnt he?

I believe hes in the 280s range

Virgil Caine
10-21-2007, 01:45 AM
Told you so, *****es.

American_Ninja
10-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Yes siree, its official. Who will he fight first? Vera? Maybe Silvia?

Virgil Caine
10-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Yes siree, its official. Who will he fight first? Vera? Maybe Silvia?

Yeah, I'm currious to see who they put him in against. Sylvia may be an attractive option, as it would be a battle of 2 giants.

2swell k-wells
10-21-2007, 09:19 AM
This was confirmed long ago!! old news.
Me and Blairwells32 told you posters looooong ago.
no big deal lol.

**** Tim Silvia!!!! he sucks.

Virgil Caine
10-21-2007, 10:18 AM
This was confirmed long ago!! old news.
Me and Blairwells32 told you posters looooong ago.
no big deal lol.

**** Tim Silvia!!!! he sucks.

sure ya did

2swell k-wells
10-21-2007, 10:40 AM
sure ya did

Im the best there ever was, course I did.

Im 5'10, 187lbs

Ima gain 70lbs and rub(rape)sylvia against the cage and see how he likes it.

Naps
10-23-2007, 10:16 AM

How do you know that?

no-one really knows weather he can fight or not yet, I's only fair to reserve jusgement til you have seen him in action surely...

punchDrUnK MONK
10-23-2007, 01:39 PM
ya right they wont put him against sylvia or vera for his first fight. he has only had one fight, they will prolly build him up slower. i would hope so anyways.. we'll see

Blair_Wells#32
10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Brock will do great, just don't give him the big guys right away, he's only had 1 mma fight and it wasn't against anyone well known.
let him get into it slowly against people like O'Brian or Sanchez an work up from there.
give him a year or two and i'm sure he'll b a top contender for the belt.

2swell k-wells
10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
a year or 2 is too long. Besides I heard his debut is in february. I think on the 8th, I cant wait to see what happens to his chin.

BROOKLYN CESAR
10-24-2007, 08:11 AM
Your kidding brock lesnar lol ok!!!

2swell k-wells
10-24-2007, 09:29 AM
no....no were not kidding...

Pretty Boy1
10-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Brock Lesnar is the real deal and hes gonna prove it this coming February! Alot of people probably won't take him too seriously just because he was in WWE but he's a big guy with incredible power and strength! There aren't many guys his size and weight that can move the way he does!! He'll just have to work on his stand up game!