View Full Version : Serra vs Hughes

robot_monkey
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Well gentlemen, the new season of The Ultimate Fighter is upon us. The reason why Serra hates Hughes so much is because they are both one of a kind. But Hughes could care less to recognize Serra. Serra can't tolerate that as he sees himself being above everyone else; it drives him mad. But he does not realize that he is a worse person. At least Hughes can keep his mouth shut. Watch it all play-out on the upcoming season of TUF.

I predict that Hughes will punish Matt Serra when they fight at UFC 79. Hughes has said that Serra got lucky against GSP. Most people claim that Hughes was laughing when GSP lost, but he was actually surprised and relieved. Hughes will retake the title and Serra will, once again, become a chump.

American_Ninja
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Like Serra says, Hughes is a dick. I hope Serra beats the **** out of him.
Take his sorry honky tonk ass back to Idaho, or Iowa, wherever.

MATT will win this fight is my official prediction.

kaps
09-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Battle of the Matts. I like Serra and although I do feel that there are no "lucky" punches, I think his win against St. Pierre was a 1 time thing. I think Hughes will Lay and Pray his way to a decision only too have to give his belt up too St. Peezy again soon after....

Palma
09-11-2007, 05:06 AM
I saw a quick preview of the new TUF. Man, the participants are vicious, vilonet, thugs. Did anyone see those two guys fighting inside the house?

Blair_Wells#32
09-11-2007, 10:44 AM
i think hughes will b takin his training easy cause he thinks he'll beat serra easy, while serra will b trainin his butt off just cause he can't stand hughes
so i'll say matt serra by submission while hughes tries 2 lay and pray his way 2 the belt.

Palma
09-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Any confirmation about BJ Penn moving up to fight (GSP,Hughes or SERRA)?

MJ406
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I have a feeling this season is gonna be kinda like the UF season 3 with Shamrock and Tito Ortiz ... just you know the whole rivalry kinda thing. between Serra and Hughes

oh well, still looking forward to watching it as the Ultimate Fighter is a good show that should definetly stick around

*still liked it more on Thursdays. but the season starts tomorrow at 10? right

nodogoshi
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Serra's chances depend alot on how he deals with Hughes on the ground. BJ Penn gave him a lot of trouble on the ground and Serra's suppose to be a very good Ju jitsu artist.

kaps
09-12-2007, 12:44 AM
BJ only gave him trouble in the first fight, but Hughes was rocked by a punch before it hit the ground. I think if Serra can outstrike Hughes and stuff his takedowns he could pull it off, but I really dont see him submitting Hughes from the bottom. Lay n pray victory for Hughes...

jozelle
09-12-2007, 03:45 AM
i am so excited to see this season of TUF than waste time watching The Contender. i dont whats wrong with boxing they hype **** too much but they dont bring action in the ring. the only reason why i watch boxing is because of Manny Pacquiao who is the only person who brings excitement to the sport other than that all those fighters are boring to watch. have anyone seen the contender series today they have to put effects on the punches to put a little more excitement on the fight. they would try to slow motion it first then when the punch is about to hit they would put sound effects to make it better hahahha!!! funny!!!

Palma
09-12-2007, 08:32 AM
BJ only gave him trouble in the first fight, but Hughes was rocked by a punch before it hit the ground. I think if Serra can outstrike Hughes and stuff his takedowns he could pull it off, but I really dont see him submitting Hughes from the bottom. Lay n pray victory for Hughes...

I thought BJ gave Hughes a hard time on the ground during their second bout too, or at least he did until he gassed and his rib gave away.

kaps
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
He had a couple attempts, but I dont think Hughes was in any Danger, been a while since I've seen the fight, I'll watch it again...

number6
09-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I dont think this will be one to remember, i know you should never call a punch lucky because they are all thrown with the intentions to land but i think Serra got lucky against GSP and would normally lose that fight 19 out of 20 times.
I dont really see how he would be able to finish Matt Hughes, Hughes would be the more active on the ground and would take a decision if he didnt take him out with G'n'P.
Serra has great bjj skills so its not like he doesnt have a chance but i dont recall him submitting anyone at this sort of level before.
Hughes takes it.

2swell k-wells
09-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Maybe we should cheer on the underdogs since they are kicking ass right now.
How many times have we all been wrong about who is going to win fights?
Tim vs Randy
Serra vs GSP
Kongo vs Cro Cop
Hamill vs Bisping (Hamill won of course)
just to name a few.

Serra can do it...hopefully...cause I still dont like that redneck of a fighter hughes.

vinnie7731
09-12-2007, 07:02 PM
i think serra ko's hughes just like he did gsp. serra is a very underated fighter. i have to admit i was surprised at the outcome of the gsp/serra fight. im happy serra has the belt. his bjj is top notch and his standup has improved a lot in the past 2 years. hope he sends hughes into retirement.

$ LegenD $
09-12-2007, 08:45 PM
so is this season starting tonight?

MJ406
09-12-2007, 08:50 PM
so is this season starting tonight?

next week unfortunatly. but the good news is

UFC fight night is gonna be on next wend .. followed by opener for the new Ultimate Fighter

pretty kick ass idea.

kaps
09-12-2007, 11:59 PM
It's the way they do it every season....

TheBlackWallStreet
09-13-2007, 04:58 PM
I have a feeling this season is gonna be kinda like the UF season 3 with Shamrock and Tito Ortiz ... just you know the whole rivalry kinda thing. between Serra and Hughes

oh well, still looking forward to watching it as the Ultimate Fighter is a good show that should definetly stick around

*still liked it more on Thursdays. but the season starts tomorrow at 10? right

was TUF3 the best season of that show?

MJ406
09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
was TUF3 the best season of that show?

well its the first one I've seen and it was great.

everything .. the training, the drama .. it wasn't too over the top at all (maybe Shamrock calling Tito a ***** monkey mighta been over the top, but it was funny no doubt)

the Ultimate Fighter is what it is ... a show about mixed martial artists who live and train together

no added bells and whistles (like slow mo replays or edited fights) .. thats what I like most about the show, they don't over hype it

sure the Serra/Hughes feud will play into this seasons UF .. but I can honestly say that I think it'll be a good season.

Smokin'
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Serra is a good fighter I'll give him that but he got a lucky punch against St.Pierre and capitalized on it. He is a worldclass jiu jitsu athlete and he is heavy handed, I will give him that, but he is not on the level of Hughes and St.Pierre. And St.Pierre is one of the few athletes that Hughes has given credit too...Serra needs to stop talking **** too.