View Full Version : UFC 74 - Payouts

AndersonSilva
08-27-2007, 05:55 PM
The following are the REPORTED fight purses to participants on the UFC 74 "Respect" PPV card. Remember these don't include the many unreported bonuses given to fighters by the company. And a note on those bonuses - Dana White said he is not giving them out until the steroid test results come back from the NSAC.

-Randy Couture ($250,000) def. Gabriel Gonzaga ($45,000)
-Georges St. Pierre ($140,000) def. Josh Koscheck ($10,000)
-Roger Huerta ($34,000) def. Alberto Crane ($4,000)
-Joe Stevenson ($32,000) def. Kurt Pellegrino ($8,000)
-Patrick Cote ($24,000) def. Kendall Grove ($12,000)
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral ($50,000) def. David Heath ($6,000)
-Frank Mir ($72,000) def. Antoni Hardonk ($8,000)
-Thales Leites ($18,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($4,000)
-Clay Guida ($14,000) def. Marcus Aurelio ($30,000)

Total fighter pay outs: $761,000

FightNight 2007
08-27-2007, 05:57 PM
LOL @ Aurelio getting paid more when his ***** ass got beat up by the dude Clay Guida

Famoso Matador
08-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Josh Koscheck got shafted

AndersonSilva
08-27-2007, 06:06 PM
lol i cant say this enuf THE UFC ARE FUKIN RELLLLE CHEAP how do theses guys live haha will an mma fighter ever get a pay day like Floyd Mayweather at over 25 mill doesent look like it if this keeps going

vinnie7731
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
yeah kos did get shafted. heard babalu is getting half of his pay day taken away for not stopping when the ref told him to??

American_Ninja
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
First of all, not getting paid till the drug tests come back is kinda ****ed.
And second, how did the pay work? Was the winner paid more than the loser? Or was it already set?
White made a killing, only $761,000 paid out, he made millions from this card. I bet if White signs Brock Lesnar, it wont be no chump change.
The same could be said of Kimbo Slice. These are big names that go beyond MMA.

AndersonSilva
08-27-2007, 11:43 PM
lol dana is a fuk nut straite up

macedog
08-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Be real guys if it wasnt for Dana and his great marketing skills the game would be gone, dont you remeber when him as his pose took it over it was bankrupt and the fighters werent even getting their purse. it was dying faster than the Bush white house. you may not like him but he saved the sport, and even more made it a household name. now we even have hilites on spoirts center. give creds.:grouphug:

AndersonSilva
08-28-2007, 04:32 AM
yyeye but fukin they are way to cheap man seriously UFC shud get a new president that knows how to pay fighters maybe Don King hahaha at least then the fighters are gunna get more money lol

Darkstar
08-28-2007, 06:00 AM
Fighter payout will be the down fall of UFC, if thier ever is one. These numbers are very low but who knows what kind of a bonus they get. Could be a new car or $20,000.

Palma
08-28-2007, 11:26 AM
they all got shafted if you ask me!

enadeus
08-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Like usual very low payouts to the fighters, considering who knows if their travel expenses are covered, but they can get that back in taxes as a business expense.

I think at this point they don't need to put up as much money for marketing so they can pay their fighters better. Not many fighters can make a living fighting for the UFC at this moment.

AndersonSilva
08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
lol who knows man some lucky fighters get to fight a max a 4 times a year but for about 16 grand if the fighter is new or 12 grand haha

FightNight 2007
08-28-2007, 04:28 PM
They get extra incentives and Dana pays them more money.

KingDosia
08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
The following are the REPORTED fight purses to participants on the UFC 74 "Respect" PPV card. Remember these don't include the many unreported bonuses given to fighters by the company. And a note on those bonuses - Dana White said he is not giving them out until the steroid test results come back from the NSAC.

-Randy Couture ($250,000) def. Gabriel Gonzaga ($45,000)
-Roger Huerta ($34,000) def. Alberto Crane ($4,000)
-Joe Stevenson ($32,000) def. Kurt Pellegrino ($8,000)
-Patrick Cote ($24,000) def. Kendall Grove ($12,000)
-Renato "Babalu" Sobral ($50,000) def. David Heath ($6,000)
-Frank Mir ($72,000) def. Antoni Hardonk ($8,000)
-Thales Leites ($18,000) def. Ryan Jensen ($4,000)
-Clay Guida ($14,000) def. Marcus Aurelio ($30,000)

Total fighter pay outs: $761,000

These numbers reflect the fighters share of what the UFC made on ticket sales and merchandising, However does not show PPV incentives and bonuses. The top three probably took home close to if not over 1 million when all is said and done. meager compared to what professional boxers get paid, but they are improving.

ROSEWOOD
08-28-2007, 05:50 PM

WOW

SAN D13GO VILLAN
08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Thats ****ed up boxing featherweights make more then that!

AndersonSilva
08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
haha Dana proly doesent wanna show how muhc bonus he gives the fighters and PPV Rev who knows its a Billion doller company

pesticid
08-28-2007, 08:30 PM
And the sad part is that they probably can't turn down fights. If I were Koscheck for example I would never fight for 10,000. That's ridiculous. And is he going to get a bonus. Also, some people make it sound like their bonuses could be more than their purses. That's unrealistic in the fight game at least.

kaps
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Morons, Dana and fighters have both said that Dana gives out big bonuses that arn't part of there contracted wage so the athleatic commisions dont and cant release those numbers. Not to mention they get loot from sponsers and most of them also run their own gyms....

FluugMacMan
08-29-2007, 01:57 AM
And the sad part is that they probably can't turn down fights. If I were Koscheck for example I would never fight for 10,000. That's ridiculous. And is he going to get a bonus. Also, some people make it sound like their bonuses could be more than their purses. That's unrealistic in the fight game at least.

What seems to be unrealistic in the fight game is having a rule that punishes lack of aggression, but the UFC has that. It's been stated loads of times by fighters/dana white that the core money that a fighter makes is off of the bonuses. So if a fighter wants to make a career out of boring decisions, then he's not going to be very wealth; he may even need to find a second job. Exciting fighters that put people in their seats get paid handsomely, and can actually make a legitimate living off of fighting.

I'm not seeing the problem with how the fighters' get paid.

Every time a UFC comes out we get one of these topics with the same carbon copy complaints. All you guys see is the bare minimum a fighter could get paid if he did nothing but fake jabs for 15 mins, get use to the fact that we are all left out in the dark, as it should be. The fighters minus Tito are not complaining, so stop trying to be their advocate.

Posting 101:
Use the search function folks, and save us all some of your mind numbing stupidity.

AndersonSilva
08-29-2007, 03:31 AM
posting 101 my ass are these new threads hurting u huh... u fuk nut get of my threads if u dont like them...i can make as many threads like this as i want people deserve to see the payouts lol

pesticid
08-29-2007, 12:04 PM
All right! How much is Koscheck making from bonus money? 5, 10, 15 k?
How does Dana base the size of the bonuses?

kaps
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
There is a radio interview with him that was posted on the UG a few weeks ago where he explains all this. I'll see if I can find it....

FluugMacMan
08-29-2007, 07:27 PM
posting 101 my ass are these new threads hurting u huh... u fuk nut get of my threads if u dont like them...i can make as many threads like this as i want people deserve to see the payouts lol
Wow, you told me.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough with my last post, or you're pivoting on the English comprehension skills of a used condom. WE GET THESE THREADS ALL THE TIME, STOP SPAMMING THIS AREA WITH THE SAME "Paid so low" ARGUMENT THAT'S BASED OFF OF THE BARE MINIMUM SALARY. THE BONUSES ARE THE REAL CORE OF THEIR PAY, ALONG WITH PPV/SPONSORS CUTS. THIS IS OLD NEWS. THIS SHOULD NOT BE A REVELATION TO ANYONE, SO STOP HAVING EVERYONE REPEAT THE SAME LINE EVERY TIME THE MINIMUM BASE SALARIES COME OUT.

Do everyone here and the world a favor; sit on the ground, take a 20 pound or heavier lead pipe and swing it at your testicles. Repeat until they have turned into a fine red mist. Then you would have saved the planet from suffering through another retarded version of you, seeing that some unfortunate woman would have to be drugged with GHB for you to get anywhere near reproduction range.

Try something new today like, LEAVING.

EMPOROAR
08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
They need a major corporate sponser. This is downright laughable.

pesticid
08-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow, you told me.

Apparently I wasn't clear enough with my last post, or you're pivoting on the English comprehension skills of a used condom. WE GET THESE THREADS ALL THE TIME, STOP SPAMMING THIS AREA WITH THE SAME "Paid so low" ARGUMENT THAT'S BASED OFF OF THE BARE MINIMUM SALARY. THE BONUSES ARE THE REAL CORE OF THEIR PAY, ALONG WITH PPV/SPONSORS CUTS. THIS IS OLD NEWS. THIS SHOULD NOT BE A REVELATION TO ANYONE, SO STOP HAVING EVERYONE REPEAT THE SAME LINE EVERY TIME THE MINIMUM BASE SALARIES COME OUT.

Do everyone here and the world a favor; sit on the ground, take a 20 pound or heavier lead pipe and swing it at your testicles. Repeat until they have turned into a fine red mist. Then you would have saved the planet from suffering through another retarded version of you, seeing that some unfortunate woman would have to be drugged with GHB for you to get anywhere near reproduction range.

Try something new today like, LEAVING.

Do u have any official numbers of what those bonuses look like?

heat27
08-30-2007, 09:17 AM
thats all they paid.
wow thats ****ty money

Jim_Davis
08-30-2007, 12:20 PM
****ty money for guys risking their lives in the name of entertainment.

pesticid
08-30-2007, 07:00 PM
You've got guys playing bowling making more money

limecush
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Their a growing sport and company.WHat do you expect?Get real you haters!

mgkirkpatrick
08-31-2007, 05:48 AM
wow josh got ripped imo. that fight would have been a serious draw.. ten ****ing grand for fighting one of if not the best in your division?

AndersonSilva
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Flugman is a fuker...go do some crack lol

FluugMacMan
08-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Do u have any official numbers of what those bonuses look like?

The mere fact that they are bonuses that vary with performance, makes it impossible for official numbers. Plenty of official fighters have leaked bonus pay range on sherdog.net and other websites. And Dana White's own interview on http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=847 shows that the bonuses given out do dwarf the numbers released to the general public. Besides many fighters' have said in interviews that the UFC pays very well. I cannot see them saying that about getting paid $2000-$6000 a fight. And a decent amount of the guys who fight in the UFC, live off of that pay. Can you seriously see someone living off of $2000-$6000 every 3 months, not including training fees, equipment, traveling, family expenses, etc.

Get real people. Thinking that the pay a UFC fighter gets is virtually the same as what numbers are released to the NSAC, is just not good sense. And seeing that fighters' are not living on the street or collecting welfare checks, should at least give you guys a bit of a clue.

Flugman is a fuker...go do some crack lol

lillb, you're a moron. Find a place to die in your sleep.

AndersonSilva
08-31-2007, 11:24 PM
fuk u fukin ******* ill murder u bych

AndersonSilva
08-31-2007, 11:25 PM
fukin lloser get outt of my thread

FluugMacMan
09-01-2007, 06:02 PM
fuk u fukin ******* ill murder u bych

fukin lloser get outt of my thread

Like you're murdering the English language?

Find a handful of Vicodin and swallow it with some hard liquor.

Retard. You contribute nothing, and you annoy most of the population of this forum with your inability to construct intelligent sentences. Half of your sentences have to be read with a decoder.

Personally, you're an idiot who couldn't box a carton of milk, let alone operate a weapon to kill another human being. Your biggest accomplishment in life is when you somehow avoided being aborted by your Mom at birth. Maybe she was too stoned at that time to realize how to do it properly...

Fade out of this MMA section, before I break you down like a Ford.

AndersonSilva
09-01-2007, 08:40 PM
tell me where u live fuk boy...u proly just a lil white bych nerd wit glasses ....I am in mma .... so get the fuk of my dick

FluugMacMan
09-01-2007, 08:58 PM
tell me where u live fuk boy...u proly just a lil white bych nerd wit glasses ....I am in mma .... so get the fuk of my dick

LOL. Moron. Do you hold any belts in any MA? Who gave it to you? Do you have any wins in any MA tournament?

Till you can answer those questions, you're nothing more then a little retard who thinks watching UFC with his buddies is equal to actual training.

and if you want to know where I live, I live in Rocklin, California, U.S.

If you have the guts to challenge me to a MMA fight, I'll be more then happy to agree to it. If you're in the area, message me a pic of you next to a street sign so I know you're actually here, then I'll send you my contact information. I can have a ref and a ring ready within the day. I fight between 165-185 lbs.

Do you have the spine to challenge me?

AndersonSilva
09-01-2007, 11:34 PM
stfu mother fuker...i cant come up to 165 so ........jus chill u fukin prick...

FluugMacMan
09-02-2007, 01:13 AM
stfu mother fuker...i cant come up to 165 so ........jus chill u fukin prick...
I can even drop to 155 if you have a problem with making 165.
Well I guess the real problem is that you fit into the spineless category.

Don't say you're MMA when you don't know the first thing about MMA training, or any real depth of knowledge about any of the components that are involved in MMA. You're a lightweight retard who's probably 17 years old and has a fourth graders grasp on reality, go back to your WWE with the garbage you try to talk.

One more thing, if you do want to fight me, we can put a handicap on me as well. You can rule out punches and elbows for me, if you want to.:boxing: It'll make it more interesting at least, and I can have it posted for this site if you want to.

AndersonSilva
09-02-2007, 02:07 AM
nah im in canada dude so none of thats gunna happen how bout u chill the fuk out u spendin to much time on my dick bro get off already dont you have work the streets around this time