View Full Version : A boxers menue

triggerhappy
10-20-2004, 11:18 AM
i need someone to break it down to me what is a boxers eating habit from as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep.

p.s i mostly want feedback from spinksjinks.

spinksjinx
10-20-2004, 11:25 AM
i need someone to break it down to me what is a boxers eating habit from as soon as you wake up and before you go to sleep.

Fruits
Chicken
Turkey
Fish
Vegetables
Water

That is pretty much what my menu consists of....Best advice to give is to stay away from any kind of beverages EXCEPT water. Eat your fruits in the morning preferably not even at all due to the sugar content. Go with LEAN cut meats no red meat either just white (turkey/chicken/fish).

Gorge on vegetables...In my lunches, I usually have a salad however I will pack together a green pepper and some baby carrots as a snack.

Just keep it clean, no processed foods...If it is in a bag throw it out...Make it all NATURAL. White meats/vegetables/fruits...And PLENTY of water...Drink about 8 servings of water a day (about 16.9oz to 20oz)

I also incorporate whey protein in my diet....NO MILK!

That is really about it, A lot of people have their own ways of eating, some will say eat potatos and bread. However I cannot it makes me slow and sluggish....

Just keep it natural and stick w/ the basics is my best tip for you.

elveiel
10-20-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey Spinks, you could start an "ask the jinx" thread!! :D

your getting your own fan club. not suprised because i cant find much fault with your nutritional knowledge.

triggerhappy
10-20-2004, 11:46 AM
Out Of All The Answers On These Thread Spinks Is The Only One That Makes Complete Sence.

spinksjinx
10-20-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey Spinks, you could start an "ask the jinx" thread!! :D

your getting your own fan club. not suprised because i cant find much fault with your nutritional knowledge.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Trigger, I hope that helps you and gets you on the right tracks.....

When you go to the store just remember 1 thing...Stay in 2 section.

Produce/Meats...Lean of course.

elveiel
10-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Out Of All The Answers On These Thread Spinks Is The Only One That Makes Complete Sence.

i happen to agree, Spinks does make sense and has good knowledge but i find others knowledge good too.

I did a lot of work on nutrition at college and its my opinion that diffenent food combinations work for different people so its an idea to listen to everyone's opinion before you decide because it may suit you better.

spinksjinx
10-20-2004, 12:37 PM
i happen to agree, Spinks does make sense and has good knowledge but i find others knowledge good too.

I did a lot of work on nutrition at college and its my opinion that diffenent food combinations work for different people so its an idea to listen to everyone's opinion before you decide because it may suit you better.

Ohh yeah, Some advice I find on here is helpful...Especially when it comes down to training...Now I have gotten that on track and I am geared up and ready to go on all levels :) My training rocks....

But each body is different and accepts and rejects different things....

Listen to all knowledge and apply it to see how it works for you....

Just because something works for one doesnt mean it will have the same effect on you, We are totally different people.

elveiel
10-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Ohh yeah, Some advice I find on here is helpful...Especially when it comes down to training...Now I have gotten that on track and I am geared up and ready to go on all levels :) My training rocks....

But each body is different and accepts and rejects different things....

Listen to all knowledge and apply it to see how it works for you....

Just because something works for one doesnt mean it will have the same effect on you, We are totally different people.

I think a lot advice can be given on nutrition but a far as menu's go everyones taste buds are different and people react to diffenent food different. Unless you dont care what you eat its important to create your own diet using good advice.

Its like you cut milk, potatos and bread from your diet and i couldnt, i love drinking/eating them.

How is your training going? Are you at that boxing gym yet or training at home?

triggerhappy
10-20-2004, 02:46 PM
i work out 5 day a week and today i just realised that protein shakes with milk are not really good i am gonna start useing water

spinksjinx
10-20-2004, 06:48 PM
I think a lot advice can be given on nutrition but a far as menu's go everyones taste buds are different and people react to diffenent food different. Unless you dont care what you eat its important to create your own diet using good advice.

Its like you cut milk, potatos and bread from your diet and i couldnt, i love drinking/eating them.

How is your training going? Are you at that boxing gym yet or training at home?

Ohh yeah, Im not a big fan of milk so it was easy it was the bread and potatos that got to me.

My training is going great, Im waiting for a call from a trainer who trains at his home though. I met a couple of people who train at the gym I was supposed to go to but cant and they volunteered to spar and help me out and get me on track, So everything is good just waiting for the gym to extend its hours or the guy who trains from his home to give me a ring.....

Yes triggerhappy splendid Idea!...When mixing it with milk athough it tastes better does no good for you....Especially after a workout you need to drink it with water that way it absorbs into your body faster. You need to get the protein into your body within 30-45 minutes after a workout to build and rebuild muscle.

Glad you came around...Im sure you will enjoy it when your buds get used to the taste. :)

elveiel
10-21-2004, 06:43 AM
My training is going great, Im waiting for a call from a trainer who trains at his home though. I met a couple of people who train at the gym I was supposed to go to but cant and they volunteered to spar and help me out and get me on track, So everything is good just waiting for the gym to extend its hours or the guy who trains from his home to give me a ring.....

Thats cool, lots of people seem to think you cant train from home, but before i used to fight i would train from home because i was tougher on myself, i pushed myself more because i didnt know if the other guys were training harder than me, I only used the gym to spar.

Having a coach work one2one with you will be great, sometimes i coach people one2one(just people i know who wanna box) and they improve at a much faster rate than someone who goes to the gym sessions.

I hope you kick some ass, spinksjinx is gonna be switch hitting and whooping serious ass!! :D

spinksjinx
10-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Thats cool, lots of people seem to think you cant train from home, but before i used to fight i would train from home because i was tougher on myself, i pushed myself more because i didnt know if the other guys were training harder than me, I only used the gym to spar.

Having a coach work one2one with you will be great, sometimes i coach people one2one(just people i know who wanna box) and they improve at a much faster rate than someone who goes to the gym sessions.

I hope you kick some ass, spinksjinx is gonna be switch hitting and whooping serious ass!! :D

Yes, that is one of the reasons I wasnt to hipped on going to that boxing gym...It is only open 3 hours a day and that isnt enough time to focus your attention just on a single individual especially since they only have 2-3 trainers down their you know?

I feel if the trainer knows what he is doing and has connections to get you into tournaments and such then it is A-OK to train at home......

leff
10-24-2004, 08:09 AM
That diet is more of bodybuilding diet than a boxers diet.
If only lift weights it will be fine fore losing fat and gaining muscles.

But carb are muscle fuel, more carbs especially in the morning.
Oatmal, dark bread, rice.

A low carb diet will make you very tired if trainning cardio like boxing.

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 08:14 AM
That diet is more of bodybuilding diet than a boxers diet.
If only lift weights it will be fine fore losing fat and gaining muscles.

But carb are muscle fuel, more carbs especially in the morning.
Oatmal, dark bread, rice.

A low carb diet will make you very tired if trainning cardio like boxing.

I havent had any problems with it, Like I have said each body is different this works for me, Im not following the low carb diet however this diet is the one that works for me.

Mean I used to eat oatmeal,bread, rice I was always sluggish and slow and would fatigue easy...

Thats why I dont recommend anything just suggest, because each body reacts differently you know?

leff
10-24-2004, 09:07 AM
Right, if it works fore you.
But its still weird it does.

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Right, if it works fore you.
But its still weird it does.

I suppose it is weird, if it doesnt work for another....

A lot of people recommend bread and pasta and I know a lot of people do eat it and carbs does equal energy, but I just cant consume it and be active for some reason....

leff
10-24-2004, 10:47 AM
My brother told me once he had read somthing about the diet got something to do what blood type you are.

Cant remeber what bloodtype needed the special food but, there a types like hunter: low carb high fat and high prot.
Farmer: 40%carb 30%prots and 30% fat. How much from total kal a day. And so one.
May explain it

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 11:36 AM
My brother told me once he had read somthing about the diet got something to do what blood type you are.

Cant remeber what bloodtype needed the special food but, there a types like hunter: low carb high fat and high prot.
Farmer: 40%carb 30%prots and 30% fat. How much from total kal a day. And so one.
May explain it

That sounds like an interesting read, Looks like him a hunter I guess...I will have to look into that and find out more information about it.

Thanks

Speedy Gonzales
03-20-2005, 01:09 PM
That sounds like an interesting read, Looks like him a hunter I guess...I will have to look into that and find out more information about it.

Thanks

Not trying to bring back thresads from the dead, but I found a link to a chart for this blood type stuff.

Use discretion, as some may think this is a faked idea.

its

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.cfm

Speedy Gonzales
03-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Actually, if you want THE definitive blood type chart, (CONSTANTLY being updated as it is researched by the University of Oregon), go to

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~sshapiro/ER4YT/FoodLists_TOC.html

This chart also considers the fact that origin may play a role in the diet, but it is not racist.

P.S. HIspanic/latino/chicanos would choos a mix of their Caucasian and Asian blood types, depending on his they thought they were more mixed/white or Native American BY GENTICS (be honest)

Native North/South Americans would choose Asians.

This is because the National Geographic has proven the genetics and origin of the Native Americans to the Mogolian Asian tribes who moved from the Siberia to Alaska and so on down the Americas.

JulietWhiskey
03-20-2005, 03:13 PM
This is interesting stuff Speedy. Thanks for the post!

boxer2k5
03-20-2005, 04:50 PM

I was going to help till i read that

i would knock you and spinks out :D

jeffmills
03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
What about taking your protein supplements with fruit smoothies?

All they are is ice, fruit juice and fruit. I'm sure they'd make consuming supplements far easier.

Dyl-G
03-20-2005, 05:53 PM
What about taking your protein supplements with fruit smoothies?

All they are is ice, fruit juice and fruit. I'm sure they'd make consuming supplements far easier.

yeah same here... they are real good for you but drink without milk, ya mean

leff
03-23-2005, 08:31 AM
my current diet is breakfeast 150gram oatmal and half a banana, snack orange, lunch same as breakfeast, apple before the gym and than some meat,rice ore pasta and salat for dinner.

I run in the morning and the gym in the evening.

+= El Jefe=+
03-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Fruits
Chicken
Turkey
Fish
Vegetables
Water

That is pretty much what my menu consists of....Best advice to give is to stay away from any kind of beverages EXCEPT water. Eat your fruits in the morning preferably not even at all due to the sugar content. Go with LEAN cut meats no red meat either just white (turkey/chicken/fish).

Gorge on vegetables...In my lunches, I usually have a salad however I will pack together a green pepper and some baby carrots as a snack.

Just keep it clean, no processed foods...If it is in a bag throw it out...Make it all NATURAL. White meats/vegetables/fruits...And PLENTY of water...Drink about 8 servings of water a day (about 16.9oz to 20oz)

I also incorporate whey protein in my diet....NO MILK!

That is really about it, A lot of people have their own ways of eating, some will say eat potatos and bread. However I cannot it makes me slow and sluggish....

Just keep it natural and stick w/ the basics is my best tip for you.

whats with the milk??

spinksjinx
03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
whats with the milk??
Saturated fats and sugars thats whats wrong with milk my friend.

As an update if you got a walmart around go and pick up some pasta.

They have a whole section of nothing but WHOLE WHEAT Pasta, nothing enriched...Very good I use to not be able to eat it but after trying this pasta I digest it pretty well and fires me up. It is also good to mix it with Ground Turkey with Garlic and pepper...Now thats a kick ass meal.

puppy_dogg
03-23-2005, 11:01 AM
is coffee bad? even if you drink it black? no milk, sugar etc..

spinksjinx
03-23-2005, 11:17 AM
is coffee bad? even if you drink it black? no milk, sugar etc..

It wont deter you in anyway. Their is caffeine in it which will give you extra energy (which most people need) and aside from staining your teeth, I see no problem in drinking it.

They do have some good products out now that you can add to your coffee to add flavor, that is low in sugar and not very fatty either.

Masic
04-19-2005, 12:50 PM
I drink about 7-8 glasses of milk everyday, do u recommend that I cut down on milk?

leff
04-19-2005, 05:53 PM
I drink about 7-8 glasses of milk everyday, do u recommend that I cut down on milk?

yeah, its much i drink about 1/2 glass a day, you should cut it down and drink more water/tea/coffe unless your metabolism is crazy.

Masic
04-19-2005, 08:04 PM
alright, ill try it. my metabolism is normal i just love the taste.

Rockin'
04-19-2005, 11:32 PM
I was going to help till i read that

i would knock you and spinks out :D

whats with the attitude?..........Rockin' :boxing:

leff
04-20-2005, 08:24 AM
rockin, he is just joking.

spinksjinx
04-20-2005, 10:52 AM
Alright 2k5 me and Trigger against you in a handicap sparring match....Trigger can go first...*walks away from ring*

Masic
04-20-2005, 05:06 PM
my current diet is breakfeast 150gram oatmal and half a banana, snack orange, lunch same as breakfeast, apple before the gym and than some meat,rice ore pasta and salat for dinner.

I run in the morning and the gym in the evening.

why only half a banana?

leff
04-20-2005, 06:26 PM
why only half a banana?

because its enough, with half a banana

spinksjinx
04-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Sometimes a half can be to much....:)

Bananas are the worst fruit out their, very starchy.

FXXI
04-21-2005, 08:26 PM
Then what is the best fruit cause i have been eating a banana for breakfast every morning for some energy and i've still been great shape

leff
04-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Sometimes a half can be to much....:)

Bananas are the worst fruit out their, very starchy.

tell you what, ill try to cut the banans for some time and see what happens.

Kid Achilles
04-22-2005, 11:29 PM
"Graham stresses the need for simple sugar and water after vigorous exercise. The water, of course, is for rehydration. The simple sugar is provided by an orange, raisins, or bananas. Throughout the book he extols the virtues of bananas which he calls the "perfect food" for recovery after exercise. "Eat as many as you care for, " he says. He continues by pointing out that "serious athletes" eat as many as 10 to 15 bananas in their meals after vigorous exercise."

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/nutritionbook.html

This is just one link. Bananas are one of the most respected fruits in sports nutrition.

Here's some more general information on the banana, before it starts to get a bad rep on the forum.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/foods_view/0,1523,47,00.html