View Full Version : UFC 74 Results: Couture Stops Gonzaga in Three

BIGPOPPAPUMP
08-26-2007, 02:24 AM
LAS VEGAS - Randy Couture defeated Gabriel Gonzaga by a third-round TKO to retain his heavyweight championship at UFC 74 on Saturday night at Mandalay Bay Arena. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/mma/?m=show&id=856)]

neils7147933
08-26-2007, 09:29 AM
C'mon, edscizzands...some of us worked last night and didn't order the PPV as we weren't able to watch live...

Got links?

snoopy360
08-26-2007, 10:03 AM
I think Randy took a page out of Hatton's play book. It was a technically sound fight for Randy as he was able to keep the fight really close and score a couple of take downs. He was rocked by a punch for a sec. and in the second round took a vicious kick to the head, which Randy walked right through. Best Randy Couture we have seen so far.

Virgil Caine
08-26-2007, 04:26 PM
I think Randy took a page out of Hatton's play book. It was a technically sound fight for Randy as he was able to keep the fight really close and score a couple of take downs. He was rocked by a punch for a sec. and in the second round took a vicious kick to the head, which Randy walked right through. Best Randy Couture we have seen so far.

Randy's strategy was to keep it in the trenches, whenever there was distance it was dangerous for couture, but he managed to maintain the clinch throughout, where he is very dominant.

American_Ninja
08-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Randy took the kids heart, after that it was just a matter of time.
I just hope he gets out while he's on top.....

Liaison
08-26-2007, 07:53 PM
I wish Herb Dean would just go away...

Virgil Caine
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Randy took the kids heart, after that it was just a matter of time.
I just hope he gets out while he's on top.....

Good point

but i do think randy has at least a few more big fights in him.

American_Ninja
08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Good point

but i do think randy has at least a few more big fights in him.

He says he wants Fedor next.

Virgil Caine
08-27-2007, 02:17 PM
He says he wants Fedor next.

That seems to be the fight that makes the most sense actually.. hope it happens.

AndersonSilva
08-27-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah Fedor would get rocked

vinnie7731
08-27-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah Fedor would get rocked

you think so, do you? really? think about it man. fedor. have you watched him fight? i love randy and would love to see him beat fedor, but dont think he has much of a chance.

American_Ninja
08-27-2007, 09:46 PM
you think so, do you? really? think about it man. fedor. have you watched him fight? i love randy and would love to see him beat fedor, but dont think he has much of a chance.

They said that against Silva and Ganzaga. The UFC is a whole new ball game.

vinnie7731
08-27-2007, 10:10 PM
They said that against Silva and Ganzaga. The UFC is a whole new ball game.

what ever they said is fine. i know randy is one of the best and had a great chance against silvia and gonzaga in my opinion. cage or ring, i dont think that would make a difference with fedor. hell...randy could easily win. i just dont think he will. i definetly dont think he would "rock him"