View Full Version : What do you guys think about Fedor in the UFC?

robot_monkey
08-19-2007, 03:47 AM
I think, with all the talent the UFC has recently acquired, they don't need him. With signings of Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, Rampage, Sakurai, Nakamura, and all the other talented fighters the UFC has their hands on, Fedor is unnecessary. I wouldn't mind Fedor coming to the UFC, but he would not be challenged. No one in the UFC fights like he does, and considering Big Nog seems washed up and CroCop has an inflated ego, it doesn't seem likely that Arlovski, Sylvia, Werdum, or Couture would do anything to him. I tend to like to see Fedor in David and Goliath type matches. I see a match with Gonzaga or Antonio Silva being good matches. Josh Barnett might actually be one guy who could challenge him as he has the intelligence and the ability. I can't envision Fedor in a US organization, he seems more fit for international organizations like K-1. He will never be able to not compete in Sambo as he is linked to Putin, and the UFC will never allow him to do as he pleases. Fedor will remain be in our minds like old Van Damme movies. I have to admit, Fedor is definitely the smartest fighter we have ever seen. Does anyone know if "The Real Deal" will be released on DVD? I really loved the beating Fedor gave to Coleman. He deserved it for being an *******.

res
08-19-2007, 04:02 AM
I think, with all the talent the UFC has recently acquired, they don't need him. With signings of Wanderlei Silva, Shogun, Rampage, Sakurai, Nakamura, and all the other talented fighters the UFC has their hands on, Fedor is unnecessary. I wouldn't mind Fedor coming to the UFC, but he would not be challenged. No one in the UFC fights like he does, and considering Big Nog seems washed up and CroCop has an inflated ego, it doesn't seem likely that Arlovski, Sylvia, Werdum, or Couture would do anything to him. I tend to like to see Fedor in David and Goliath type matches. I see a match with Gonzaga or Antonio Silva being good matches. Josh Barnett might actually be one guy who could challenge him as he has the intelligence and the ability. I can't envision Fedor in a US organization, he seems more fit for international organizations like K-1. He will never be able to not compete in Sambo as he is linked to Putin, and the UFC will never allow him to do as he pleases. Fedor will remain be in our minds like old Van Damme movies. I have to admit, Fedor is definitely the smartest fighter we have ever seen. Does anyone know if "The Real Deal" will be released on DVD? I really loved the beating Fedor gave to Coleman. He deserved it for being an *******.

Fedor Vs Jerry Bohlander

El Dominicano
08-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Fedor beats all in the UFC nuff said.

AndersonSilva
08-20-2007, 02:00 AM
lol stfu he wud get rocked in the ufc by Houston Alexander easily^^^

BrooklynBomber
08-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, why would they need an arguably the best MMA fighter in the history of the sport to **** on their parade.

yrrej
08-21-2007, 12:22 AM
I want to see the best fights, and Fedor is part of the mix......

AndersonSilva
08-21-2007, 01:18 AM
is he gunna b signin a contract soon

macedog
08-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Why not sign with all that money out there, ( oh yeah its because there is a guy named coture over there who is really the smartest fighter and is tear \ing through opponents like tissue. Hes scared:bottle:

tykilroy
08-27-2007, 11:54 PM
LOL yeah the same way Cro Cop was supposed to dominate ?
Being in the cage is a whole different world from being in a boxing ring.
Cro Cop found that out the hard way.

kaps
08-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I doubt Fedor is scared. But the best fighter in the world should be paid like the best fighter in the world, and if UFC aint gonna pay for him, BoDog or K-1 will....

macedog
08-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Yes im sure they will, and in that case he will surley always be the big fish in the very small pond but until he comes to UFC you cant truely believe he is he best fighter in the world. and as for prides #2 fighter kro kop now that he has found his head and had it re-attached. he is going to give it another shot. You dont thind fedor saw that near death experince?

macedog
08-28-2007, 01:30 AM
And anyway haw can you think Fedor who has simalar kro-kop fighting style can stand up to coture? did you see how he demolished gonzaga! ouch. that wasnt even a fight more of a punishment session. no one is as preped as randy his focus now since he personal life is in order is uncomparable, as well as his preperation for opponents. ( And his new wife is is the bomb ). its a good thing kro didnt get far enough to face randy or im sure we would have seen the first televised fatality:owned:

Brave_turtle
08-28-2007, 02:04 AM
And anyway haw can you think Fedor who has simalar kro-kop fighting style can stand up to coture?

That is so wrong...

Fedor and Crocop have totally different style of fighting. Crocop knows he has k1 striking skills so he often uses his takedown defense skills in order to force the opponent to trade with him.

On the other hand, Fedor is just a complete package. He will change his strategies and modify his gameplans for every oponnent. He can strike, sprawl, clinch, submit and GNP. IMO, he's the best kimura/armbar artist.

Couture said himself that if he was to fight Crocop, he would avoid striking against him. He said he would rather put him on the ground and work from there. Against, Fedor he would have to worry about everything.

To discredit Fedor from Crocop loss to Gonzaga is unfair. Different fighters, different style. Not to mention, Crocop has been known to underestimate his oponnents.

The transitions from ring to cage shouldn't affect Fedor that much. Au contraire, I think it's going to help him make better use of his GNP skills because he will be able to uses his elbows on ground. I think what destroyed Crocop during his fight against Gonzaga, was the elbows on the ground while the head kick was just a consequence of it.

My take: Fedor.

Palma
08-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Fedor better not sit on his ass too long. He hasn't fought since Lindland and he looked a bit off in that fight.

TheWolf
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Couture is the only fighter, aside from a possible Cro Cop 2, that could threaten Fedor.

That being said, he better get fighting soon. He averages 2 fights a year and he hasnt had one for a while, nor does it look like he will anytime soon.

His next fight looks to be a giant one, I hope hes training because its looking to be the makings of an upset.

Well, truthfully, Im pretty sure his mechanic changes his oil every week, and keeps his hydralic fluid fresh.
His only weakness has been the poorly designed hydraulic pumps close to his eye sensors that leak when his human opponent attempts to disable his systems.

Last Russian Emporer = Terminator = Terror.

TheWolf
08-29-2007, 03:31 PM
That is so wrong...

Fedor and Crocop have totally different style of fighting. Crocop knows he has k1 striking skills so he often uses his takedown defense skills in order to force the opponent to trade with him.

On the other hand, Fedor is just a complete package. He will change his strategies and modify his gameplans for every oponnent. He can strike, sprawl, clinch, submit and GNP. IMO, he's the best kimura/armbar artist.

Couture said himself that if he was to fight Crocop, he would avoid striking against him. He said he would rather put him on the ground and work from there. Against, Fedor he would have to worry about everything.

To discredit Fedor from Crocop loss to Gonzaga is unfair. Different fighters, different style. Not to mention, Crocop has been known to underestimate his oponnents.

The transitions from ring to cage shouldn't affect Fedor that much. Au contraire, I think it's going to help him make better use of his GNP skills because he will be able to uses his elbows on ground. I think what destroyed Crocop during his fight against Gonzaga, was the elbows on the ground while the head kick was just a consequence of it.

My take: Fedor.

The cage seems to limit strikers ability to avoid takedowns because grapplers can lure them into corners. In the ring they would be moved.

I have a firm belief that Couture could beat Cro Cop right now.
After Mirko gets some experience tho... he will become the HW Liddell.

HRVATSKA!

kaps
08-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Fedor is a grappler. He lands the hardest punches from the guard, imagin what he could do with elbows.....