View Full Version : Legitimately Concered...

LukeDothSucketh
03-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Uh yea... ater I worked out my triceps on Friday, they were sore and extending my arms was sore too. Two days later I took my biceps to school... now the problem is worse. I can hardly extend my left arm, its still sore for God's sakes! And I mean sore! the area right around the elbow seems to be the bad ass right now. I would have though this would have gone away by now for ****'s sakes... Any suggestions?

seldomTap
03-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Give it time...ice it if it is really sore.

You may have a bit of tendonitis in your elbow (similar to 'tennis elbow') so really resting it is the only way. Monitor how it feels when you are doing other body parts ie chest, shoulders. Perhaps get someone to check your techniques as well just to make sure your form is spot on

Tom
03-11-2003, 06:36 PM
If that was your first time, or so lifting, than it might just be that....if it doesn't get better i would just get it checked out by a doc.

Curly Howard
03-11-2003, 06:51 PM
same here. I go two days then rest the 3rd. Usually when I get to where it stops hurting after a workout I add a little more weight.
I use like icy hot or some type of heat after and it seems to help
but listen to these guys they know there stuff.

JasonLeonardOBE
03-11-2003, 08:30 PM
If it is a really deep muscle pain because you are just starting lifting again or really cranking out the intensity then this is normal in my experience. I had that for about a month when I started lifting again two years ago. It definitely does not "feel" like your regular muscle soreness but seems "deeper" the way I experienced it.

The Jake
03-12-2003, 03:24 AM
Happens to me all the time in my right tricep when I have long periods of going heavy with low reps.

That's part of the reason I've altered my routine (see my training thread).

- The Jake

Tom
03-12-2003, 10:23 AM
I still get the sorness (a feeling like you worked the muscle) in my tricepts when i go heavy. But one time i did someting i dunno what to my tricep and i just took a week 1/2 off to let it heal. Each time i would go to my JJ class and roll the pain would come back to my tri so i just said the hell with it and took some time off.

LukeDothSucketh
03-12-2003, 04:07 PM
Yea, its probably the fact that I went so intense after not working out for a solid 6-8 months. Been 3 days since I did biceps, and now its feeling much better.