View Full Version : Khan Exposed

col Blake
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM
A win is a win but the boxing world has Witnessed the bubble burst for Khan, dropped by a boxer who has no power, people will be queuing up to destroy Khan, even soft body shots were having an affect, every time he took a body shot he backed away and dropped his arms and smiled at Limond, which everyone knows is sure sign of stress, he kept looking to his corner, didnít no what to do when he went down.
Wank Warren is going to have to pick Khans opponents a lot better, but at some stage he will have to put him in with a known puncher, and that will be the end of Khan, we all thought he had a glass jaw, and wondered why all his opponents were notable light punchers, now we know he canít take a punch from even a soft hitter.

Southpaw Stinger
07-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Khan has a glass chin but a fighters heart. Still a big puncher with class will KO him.

Desaturated
07-14-2007, 05:22 PM
my sentiments exactly

platinummatt!
07-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I was suprised when I heard Khan broke willies jaw

Jim_Davis
07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Amir broke his jaw and maybe even his nose apparently.

Amir Khan is a sick fighter. He got knocked down by a decentish fighter so what? He's only 20 years old and hes proving himself against better opposition.

Nate126
07-14-2007, 05:44 PM
oh my, what's up with all the Khan hate?

.Mik.
07-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Cos people have been WAITING for this to happen so that they can do this. You'd think that he'd been knocked out. Fact is that he fought the best guy he's faced. A light puncher who hit him with some heavy shots. It demonstrated that his punch resistance AND his defense needs a LOT of work, so does his attitude when he gets hurt...but you only learn that with experience. His attack still shows to be dangerous and his heart was proven nicely. He needs to work hard, drop his arrogance, get his head out of the clouds (world championship within a year? Not a chance) and knuckle down in the gym to put right those faults. His talent is still obvious though. He got the win, got the belt.

Desaturated
07-14-2007, 06:25 PM
**** was that geezers jaw broken.

please...

*2TOUGH*
07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
current British Lightweight champ, Jon Thaxton will murder khan...

in fact any african boxer will beat khan... they will drop the belt khan won as the fights will be too hard

me2007
07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
its worrying to see a fighter with Khans style being dropped by a guy with so few KO's. If Khan was a stocky in fighter it wouldn`t be a big deal, but the fact that Khan relys on boxing on the outside and using fast hands and reflexes means that he needs to smarten up his defence asap. He should stop trying to look impressive and start boxing in a way that will give him a long career.

kerrminator
07-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Warren probably paid him to take a back seat the way he did Kidelan ;)

Ryn0
07-14-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't understand why all of u are khan hating? his 13th pro fight n he fought decent opposition not amazing but decent he has a glass chin n has to work on his defense but overall he learnt alot from this fight. He fought back well and showed he has heart. Just needs 2 work on that defense.......

Jim_Davis
07-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Khan fought better opposition and learned something. It's a great ****ing result.

I think its your own hype about future world champions you guys have twisted. Khan is 20 years old and a devastating puncher. He moved up and fought decent opposition like all you *****es were crying for him to do and he got an impressive victory by coming back after a knock down.

British fans are just dickheads most of the time. A promising youngster comes along in whatever sport and instead of getting behind them all you do is criticise them and want to see them get beat.

enadeus
07-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Probably better to overcome adversity earlier in your career than face it in even bigger fights later, a learning experience for Khan indeed.

Onslow.
07-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Where do i start with the mess tonight.

Ever feel like you've been cheated!?

If the fight was stopped by the doctor alone, with no call from Limond or his corner, i think it was a fix. Warren has alot of money and alot of influence. It would not suprise me, if Limond was pulled out as soon as the outcome of fight became questionable.

Khan was so lucky not to get taken out- and as for the person who said he had the "heart of a champion". Please!!? As soon as Khan started getting hit, his head went down and he bricked it. He was shocked to find that he was in a fight with an actual boxer, and not a pushover journeyman or parttime car mechanic from Dudly.

Khan has been exposed - and Warren will most definately be giving us plenty of fun viewing Khan beat up on ****ty washed up old journeymen for the rest of Khans career.

Credit to Limond though, he's a tough bastard. - And i thought he was gonna do it! I was up off my seat screaming.

ps.

Sprot and Skelton = the most ****ing boring boxing exhibition in my life.

col Blake
07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Khan fought better opposition and learned something. It's a great ****ing result.

I think its your own hype about future world champions you guys have twisted. Khan is 20 years old and a devastating puncher. He moved up and fought decent opposition like all you *****es were crying for him to do and he got an impressive victory by coming back after a knock down.

British fans are just dickheads most of the time. A promising youngster comes along in whatever sport and instead of getting behind them all you do is criticise them and want to see them get beat.
British fans don't liked to be cheated, so when Wank Warren comes out and says Khan is world class, when everybody now knows he's not, thats when we go on the attack.
I think your the one who's the DICKHEAD.
Wank Warren will avoid Thaxton now, as he will blow glass jaw Khan away.

kerrminator
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Limond has been fairly inactive these past two or three years not to mention he's a powder puff puncher and a natural superfeatherweight.

Perhaps Khan would get more support if he stopped acting like a ****y arrogant twat and if he stopped claiming Thaxton, Burns, Murray and Mitchell etc are avoiding him (in fact, any of those guys would beat him imo and Alex Arthur would destroy him)

Onslow.
07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I'd love to see Alex Arthur swot the **** outta Khan.

badnewsbrown
07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
all i can say is, i told you. khan is better suited to amatuers. thaxton tonight would have ko'd him.

Southpaw Stinger
07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
I'd love to see Alex Arthur swot the **** outta Khan.

I'd sell my left nut for that.

col Blake
07-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd sell my left nut for that.
give it to Khan he's just lost his to night

Southpaw Stinger
07-14-2007, 08:15 PM
give it to Khan he's just lost his to night

Nah, it would make his right nut look too small ;)

TRANSWARP
07-14-2007, 08:29 PM
Maybe he did get exposed ****brains, but how many fighters go from 1 10 round fight to 12? huh?

DeathFromAbove
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM
It can be dressed up any way u want. But he was in a terrible state in that round and a real quality fighter would have finished khan off. Yeah khan is still a decent fighter with good speed and decent power, but hes fatally flawed with a poor defence , over ****y attitude and worst of all he has no chin.

I like how in the post fight interview he claimed the fight proved he had a good chin. Its clear from here on in he will be even more protected to be kept away from the big hitters

DeathFromAbove
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM
It can be dressed up any way u want. But he was in a terrible state in that round and a real quality fighter would have finished khan off. Yeah khan is still a decent fighter with good speed and decent power, but hes fatally flawed with a poor defence , over ****y attitude and worst of all he has no chin.

I like how in the post fight interview he claimed the fight proved he had a good chin. Its clear from here on in he will be even more protected to be kept away from the big hitters

MickyHatton
07-15-2007, 06:15 AM
Khan like Harrison has been way over hyped.

At 20 years of age and in his 13 pro fight he should not have been fighting for a Commonwealth title against an experienced and capable fighter such as Willie Limond.

If Khan had come into the Pro ranks late then fine but he is still just 20, he needs progressive fights to learn his trade and hone his pro skills.

Last night backs ups my point exactly, he showed inexperience and almost lost.

Khan is not a big puncher despite what some have said in this thread and his defensive skills need a lot of work. So far he has relied on his hand and foot speed to keep him out of trouble but there is no plan B, he moves in straight lines and has no head or lateral movement.
His left hand is way too low and he reacts to shots by smiling or shaking his head, all of which is amateur to say the least.

Khan needs to stop thinking that he is Sugar Ray Leonard and his advisors need to stop agreeing that he is.

Last night he got into the ring believing that he was a level above Limond but no-one told Limond, if he had boxed and used his abilities correctly he might have been but he thought that he could look extra special against a good experienced fighter but at this stage of development that just was never going to happen.

He is a talented fighter with a great selection of punches, decent power and fantastic speed but the pro game requires so much more.

Plus points - he showed heart by getting off the canvas and turning the fight around.

In summary - he needs to get back in the gym, forget about the celebrity lifestyle, realise that all his opponents wont just fall over and that they might hit back and develop his trade with more consideration.

msagrain
07-15-2007, 07:07 AM
i alway knew khan was weak a lad at my gym is trying to get a fight with his younger brother but hes kept turing it down because he doesnt want to lose his england sqad place

.Mik.
07-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Khan like Harrison has been way over hyped.

At 20 years of age and in his 13 pro fight he should not have been fighting for a Commonwealth title against an experienced and capable fighter such as Willie Limond.

If Khan had come into the Pro ranks late then fine but he is still just 20, he needs progressive fights to learn his trade and hone his pro skills.

Last night backs ups my point exactly, he showed inexperience and almost lost.

Khan is not a big puncher despite what some have said in this thread and his defensive skills need a lot of work. So far he has relied on his hand and foot speed to keep him out of trouble but there is no plan B, he moves in straight lines and has no head or lateral movement.
His left hand is way too low and he reacts to shots by smiling or shaking his head, all of which is amateur to say the least.

Khan needs to stop thinking that he is Sugar Ray Leonard and his advisors need to stop agreeing that he is.

Last night he got into the ring believing that he was a level above Limond but no-one told Limond, if he had boxed and used his abilities correctly he might have been but he thought that he could look extra special against a good experienced fighter but at this stage of development that just was never going to happen.

He is a talented fighter with a great selection of punches, decent power and fantastic speed but the pro game requires so much more.

Plus points - he showed heart by getting off the canvas and turning the fight around.

In summary - he needs to get back in the gym, forget about the celebrity lifestyle, realise that all his opponents wont just fall over and that they might hit back and develop his trade with more consideration.

Thats a fair assessment.

apollo creed
07-15-2007, 07:24 AM
you ****in stupid ****in haters, how many fighters have won the comonwealth title at 20 years of age in there 13th pro fight?

hatton never, naz never, lewis never, calzaghe never!

the kids still learning his trade and although he was hurt he blew limond to bits in the very next round.

and for the guys who love a good ol conspiracy, the doctor asked limond if he felt he could continue and limond never replied!

when mcghee put hatton down i bet all you ****ing haters had a ****ing wank over it.

DeathFromAbove
07-15-2007, 07:33 AM
you ****in stupid ****in haters, how many fighters have won the comonwealth title at 20 years of age in there 13th pro fight?

the kids still learning his trade and although he was hurt he blew limond to bits in the very next round.

and for the guys who love a good ol conspiracy, the doctor asked limond if he felt he could continue and limond never replied!

when mcghee put hatton down i bet all you ****ing haters had a ****ing wank over it.

Its not hating to say we all thought he was packing glass and now we are proved right. He may be learning is trade but u cant learn a iron chin. Its not as if he was caught cold or it was a flash knockdown his legs were jelly for 40-50 seconds, his face was a picture of fear and he didnt know what to do. So if a real puncher gets a hold of him it COULD be game over for khan. Plus his post fight comments are **** why say he proved he had a good chin the man cant face facts

me2007
07-15-2007, 07:33 AM
who are you? the ****ing thought police. If people want to write Khan off what the **** has it got to do with you you ****ing tool.

He was one punch away from losing by KO. If you think thats a ****ing learning experience you are an idiot.

If he keeps having fights like that his career wont get to 20 fights.

DeathFromAbove
07-15-2007, 07:35 AM
who are you? the ****ing thought police. If people want to write Khan off what the **** has it got to do with you you ****ing tool.

He was one punch away from losing by KO. If you think thats a ****ing learning experience you are an idiot.

If he keeps having fights like that his career wont get to 20 fights.

Exactly its not a learning experience to find out u got a glass chin.

apollo creed
07-15-2007, 07:54 AM
it doesn't matter who the **** i am dickhead, if anyother fighter had been caught by the punch limond laid on khan they'd have been on queer street to.

i just love how haters only pick out the negatives from a fight!!

DeathFromAbove
07-15-2007, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=apollo creed;2516846]it doesn't matter who the **** i am dickhead, if anyother fighter had been caught by the punch limond laid on khan they'd have been on queer street to.

QUOTE]

i dont think its fair to say anyother fighter would be on queer street by that shot. Limond is not a big puncher quite far from it in fact

Mozza
07-15-2007, 08:50 AM

I don't think you can compare Hatton's knockdown to the one Khan took last night. Khan didn't know if he was in New York or New Delhi and is a very lucky boy to have walked away with his unblemished record intact.

kerrminator
07-15-2007, 09:51 AM

Naz was only 10 or 11 months older than Khan when he won the world title, never mind the commonwealth.

Willie won the commonwealth title be beating another superfeather who had moved up to Lightweight.

Oh, and lets not forget...Limon doesnt train full time, he works as a joiner by day and he still nearly had Khan out of there....Woe betide him the day he meets a real fighter

col Blake
07-15-2007, 11:36 AM

whats his age got to do with it you stupid PRICK Ryan Rodes was the youngest fighter to win the Lonsdale belt out right, and was one of the ****est fighters i have ever seen,
Khan is a glass jawed Warren puppet
the only wanker around hear is you mate.

P29
07-15-2007, 12:52 PM
there is alot of hype around khan, all he needs to do is not believe it and carry on fighting. i want khan to succeed but i cant lie he is over rated and over hyped though in his 13th fight and 20 yrs of age what the hell do you want from him!! he has unnecessary pressure from an early stage and yet still comes out with wins, though i must say he must work on his defence there is NO excuse to be knocked down like that considering the calibe of his opponent!

The Monk
07-15-2007, 01:56 PM
it doesn't matter who the **** i am dickhead, if anyother fighter had been caught by the punch limond laid on khan they'd have been on queer street to.

i just love how haters only pick out the negatives from a fight!!

Im a big Khan fan but I have to disagree. A fighter with ambitions of a world title would never get hurt by a fighter like limond. You have gotta be able to take shots like that. Amir better hope his chin improves with age otherwise he aint gonna make it past British level.

rooq
07-16-2007, 06:03 PM
in fact any african boxer will beat khan... they will drop the belt khan won as the fights will be too hard

i'm sure warren will find an african to put in with khan for his first defence. he'll probably get a natural superfeather like ramogoadi or george ashie.

majestiC
07-16-2007, 07:33 PM
omg iz meen lolz shaka kahn iz ike wel wicked ya no, lol but seriously i like how Khan said after the fight that proved he had a good chin, most prob got to relaxed to early in his career because hes earned ****loads when really he shouldn't have.

typeone
07-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I think it has done Amir a world of good, In that fight.....Being Dumped on his arse is a valuable lesson, And one that he needed to be tought..He now has more fear when he fights and thats what most fighters need to feel, In order to home in on the skills and improve. Hes young, 20 Years of age hes got plenty of time to go back and look at fights and correct his mistakes. He is not the finished article yet...But hey he got knocked down he got up again and he broke the fellas jaw! There aint nothing wrong in that from where I'm sitting..Hes gonna be a real good boxer, And another fun British fighter who comes in the ring for a tearup.."Unlike Mayweather"

I think you will defs see a diffrent Amir in his next fight just from the lessons he learnt from his last fight..Remember he is a thinker.

McNulty
07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Getting dropped shows that your DONT have a chin...lol...well maybe 'dont' is a bit strong...lets just say 'suspect.' Come on...I like Shaka...but lets get real. When you take shots and DONT go down means yous got teh chinz.

uppercut_84
07-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Getting dropped shows that your DONT have a chin...lol...well maybe 'dont' is a bit strong...lets just say 'suspect.' Come on...I like Shaka...but lets get real. When you take shots and DONT go down means yous got teh chinz.

But there is some good that has come out from it. He knows he nearly lost and will give up his arrogance and have a reality check.

kerrminator
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Limond is a part time fighter...he is a joiner by day

During the time Khan had all his 12 previous bouts Limond only had 2 which shows you how inactive he was

Limond is a natural superfeather

Limond is known for being a soft puncher

Khan was down for 13 seconds in the fight

Limond does NOT have a broken jaw...fact

Khan has spoken on national TV about believing he can beat all the world champs at his weight

Warren will have him fighting absolute dummies for the next 7 years at least

Thaxton called him out again yesterday and the silence is deafening
.Khan is a fraud who wont make it past domestic level

col Blake
07-18-2007, 08:32 AM
it's a real shame that he is a glassed jawed girl, as we need all the good boxers we can get, we have very few that are real world class, or potential world class, chalk him down as muppet warren puppet and move on, but with the Wank Warren machine behind him we'll have him constantly rammed down are throats with one micky mouse fighter to the other until Warren can get him a shot at a vacant WBO tiltle and fix his opponent

Unseen
07-18-2007, 11:08 AM
khan did get knocked down by a supposedly weak fighter, but i think that any fighter can knock someone out if they get 3 or 4 good hits in, which liamond did do. to me yeah i'm worried about khan's chin, but i think that it was his defence that let him down. if he knew what to do then he would get hit maybe 2 times only. he keeps his arms too low and lsot his speed it seemed which means he really does need to keep them up. he's still inexperienced and i could see it by what he did when he got knocked down. he keeps looking at his corner so i guess he isnt entirely comfortable yet. atleast he has been down and i guess his corner will teach him to keep his knee down until 8 secs etc.

Eno
07-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I would say some of you are taking it a little far saying his career is over and **** but also to the people trying to defend khan, when prospects get laid out on their asses against journeymen like this it never ends good when they step it up.

col Blake
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
he's not calling out Thaxton now is he, Warren will did up some aged has been from the Empire some where a country that does'nt have boxers and throw him in with Khan, Khan will knock him out and the stupid, gullible british public will fall for it like the've done so many times before, Eubank,Jonny Nelson, Harrison, and of course naseem can't drive for **** Hamed

I love Terry Marsh

rooq
07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
khan did get knocked down by a supposedly weak fighter, but i think that any fighter can knock someone out if they get 3 or 4 good hits in, which liamond did do. to me yeah i'm worried about khan's chin, but i think that it was his defence that let him down. if he knew what to do then he would get hit maybe 2 times only. he keeps his arms too low and lsot his speed it seemed which means he really does need to keep them up. he's still inexperienced and i could see it by what he did when he got knocked down. he keeps looking at his corner so i guess he isnt entirely comfortable yet. atleast he has been down and i guess his corner will teach him to keep his knee down until 8 secs etc.

khan didn't have a clue what to do when that first punch landed. he wasn't sure whether to cover up or run away and he ended up doing a disasterous mixture of the two. a more experienced fighter would have tied limond up until getting his wits back.

Decypher
07-18-2007, 03:17 PM
Khan was down for 13 seconds in the fight

With my recording of the fight, at least, at the 10 second point from getting floored, Khan was standing.

How are you calculating the 13 seconds?

rooq
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
he's not calling out Thaxton now is he, Warren will did up some aged has been from the Empire some where a country that does'nt have boxers and throw him in with Khan, Khan will knock him out and the stupid, gullible british public will fall for it like the've done so many times before, Eubank,Jonny Nelson, Harrison, and of course naseem can't drive for **** Hamed

I love Terry Marsh

you can't mention eubank and hamed in the same sentence as the others. you might dispute them being genuine world class (which i think they were) but you have to admit they were several leagues above nelson and harrison.

anyway, i don't think anyone was duped into thinking nelson was a great fighter and most sane fans caught onto fraudley quite early.

col Blake
07-18-2007, 03:22 PM
he was in shock, kept looking at his corner for help, Warrens fault if he kept him a low profile down on the under card no one would complain about poor opponents but when he is top of the bill and hyped up all time people want to see him back it up and he starts to believe what warren is telling him, could have or should have stayed Amateur for a few more years then turn pro
warren not good for him

I love Terry Marsh

col Blake
07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
a lot of fighters go to pieces when hurt, Frank bruno and even the great Nigel Nenn had probs when hurt, but surely he must have been hurt in sparring before and if the rumours are true he has been down several times in his Am days, i think he will struggle now as his bubble has been burst and fighters now think they have a chance and you don't want to give your opponents any foot in the door it will be in the back of his mind from now on.

rooq
07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
he was in shock, kept looking at his corner for help, Warrens fault if he kept him a low profile down on the under card no one would complain about poor opponents but when he is top of the bill and hyped up all time people want to see him back it up and he starts to believe what warren is telling him, could have or should have stayed Amateur for a few more years then turn pro
warren not good for him

I love Terry Marsh

part of the problem is itv. the only reason boxing is back on itv is that they wanted to gain from khans success at the olympics. maybe if hennessey or malony had got to khan first and his fights had been limited to sky tv we wouldn't have had the ridiculous situation where a prospects entire career is aired at prime time.

col Blake
07-18-2007, 03:38 PM
same thing with the BBC and Audley Harrison, how can you have a 4 round fight as the main event

Technical_Skill
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
same thing with the BBC and Audley Harrison, how can you have a 4 round fight as the main event

Lmao, they never learn.

col Blake
07-18-2007, 04:01 PM
cost the license payer a fortune for that pile of **** but they will pay it along with ITV time and time again, only good thing is the undercards you get some great fights if the networks show them which sometimes they don't.