View Full Version : Opinions on Skelton vs Sprott fight?

mike772
07-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I am looking for opinions on this fight and who you think will win. Thanks!

duffgun
07-04-2007, 04:57 AM
I am looking for opinions on this fight and who you think will win. Thanks!

I think skelton will win by late ko or ud, is this fight going to be on any TV station at all.

Jim_Davis
07-04-2007, 06:26 AM
I definently think Skelton will win. I think Audley was a much better fighter than Sprott, he was outboxing him at the beginning of their fight until Sprott caught him with a lucky shot.

Still dont think either of them are good enough to realistically challenge for a world title even with todays poor crop of HW's.

beecherhq
07-04-2007, 06:51 AM
I think skelton will win, hes had along lay off though. I can't see it being a very exciting fight. It's on the same card as amir khan n willie limond at the o2 arena. It's gona be on ITV then i'm guessing.

No1
07-04-2007, 07:24 AM
I think skelton will win, hes had along lay off though. I can't see it being a very exciting fight. It's on the same card as amir khan n willie limond at the o2 arena. It's gona be on ITV then i'm guessing.
yeah i think its on itv1 at 9 proberly. Also later that night or sunday morning at 2am you've got the margarito williams fight on sky sports 1. Its a great night of boxing.

duffgun
07-04-2007, 08:16 AM
yeah i think its on itv1 at 9 proberly. Also later that night or sunday morning at 2am you've got the margarito williams fight on sky sports 1. Its a great night of boxing.

i had a look at the ITV website and they have no fights scheduled yet for the next few months.

Onslow.
07-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Sprott got a lucky shot, although all credit, he had the power for the one punch K.O.

I reckon Skelton will win, too awkward and to complicated a fighter. He's a different level to Sprott. In my heart though ... c'mon Sprott! I hope he wins.

Decypher
07-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I definently think Skelton will win. I think Audley was a much better fighter than Sprott, he was outboxing him at the beginning of their fight until Sprott caught him with a lucky shot.

Sprott was winning the third round even without the K.O. punch. Perhaps Sprott has better stamina and would have been able to **** Audley up over more rounds.

Jim_Davis
07-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Sprott was winning the third round even without the K.O. punch. Perhaps Sprott has better stamina and would have been able to **** Audley up over more rounds.

I'm telling you, that fight was based on a lucky shot. He just swings and hopes for the best. Audley is a more skilled fighter than Sprott and Skelton is gonna beat him up.

Jim_Davis
07-04-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm telling you, that fight was based on a lucky shot. He just swings and hopes for the best. Audley is a more skilled fighter than Sprott and Skelton is gonna beat him up.

Onslow.
07-05-2007, 06:52 AM

Agreed. The knock out punch was just a lucky swing- i do infact remember Sprott not even looking at Harrison and throwing the shot as a defensive measure against a harrisons fast combinations.

But... either Harrisons chin was not strong enough, or Sprott was too powerful or maybe a combination of the two. Sprott won fair and square - blunt powerful force over boxing techinique. I don't think its right to take anything away from Sprott - he proved himself the winner by early K.O.

Now the real question is... can Skelton survive Sprotts strength? In all likelyhood, he can.

MickyHatton
07-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Skelton will maul he way to a late stoppage.

Neither of them are world beaters in my opinion but Skelton will be too strong.

mike772
07-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks for your opinions. Greatly appreciated! :biggthump

number6
07-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Skelton wins a messy ud, this wont be a fight to remember by any means

Decypher
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Perhaps Sprott did win the fight on a lucky punch, and Audley may have more skill. (Which wouldn't necessarily make him a better fighter, all things considered.)

The point I was making:

he was outboxing him at the beginning of their fight until Sprott caught him with a lucky shot.

You aren't giving proper credit to Sprott here. Audley obviously had a strong first round, although Sprott wasn't too bothered by it, even with the knock down. Sprott started to perform in the last minute of the second round, and he was clearly winning the third round.

Decypher
07-05-2007, 07:55 PM
I think skelton will win by late ko or ud, is this fight going to be on any TV station at all.

There is still time--as far as I know--for Warren and ITV to do a deal. I hope so. People around here seem to like trashing Warren's shows--and the last one certainly deserved it--but I think he delivered some (moderately) entertaining fights.

Onslow.
07-06-2007, 08:32 AM
There is still time--as far as I know--for Warren and ITV to do a deal. I hope so. People around here seem to like trashing Warren's shows--and the last one certainly deserved it--but I think he delivered some (moderately) entertaining fights.

At the moment... its just nice to see some ****ing boxing on the tele. With Sky only showing fights on a friday (sometimes) and ITV showing hardly anything. The only channel doing the sport justice is Eurosport which keeps shipping out dodgy fights from the continent.

I'd kill for this fight to be on tonight, cos Friday night Fights don't seem to be on.

Its just not good enough.

Decypher
07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
i had a look at the ITV website and they have no fights scheduled yet for the next few months.

It now is:

Saturday July 14

ITV4 - 2000-2100 - Nicky Cook v Steve Luevano
ITV1 - 2110-2310 - Amir Khan v Willie Limond; Matt Skelton v Michael Sprott
ITV4 - 2315-0000 - Kevin Mitchell v Alexander Hrulev

Decypher
07-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Anyone know much about Limond? Is this going to be a real challenge for Khan?

English_Lion
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Anyone know much about Limond? Is this going to be a real challenge for Khan?
hes the commonwealth champion at lightweight and is not a journyman by all means, so this will be a test for amir khan to defeat someone with a record of W 28 (8 ko's) | L 1 . limond is a very decent foe for khan.

porlie
07-10-2007, 09:29 AM
I think Skelton will beat Sprott on points, this weekends awesome for boxing all the Warren show then the HBO show :boxing: :boxing:

P29
07-11-2007, 01:45 PM
great night for boxing, with khan-limond probably provided the more action.

i expect skelton to win though i dont expect it to be an exciting encouter

Decypher
07-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I think Sprott will win it.

No1
07-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I think skelton will win a ud. I think the only chance sprott has is that flash ko punch he got against audley harrison. :boxing:

mike772
07-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I can't see the fight. I would greatly appreciate round by round updates on the fight between Skelton vs Sprott.

I think Skelton wins.

Desaturated
07-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Is this not on the ITV card?

The Monk
07-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Is this not on the ITV card?

Its on after the Khan fight on itv 1 i think.

Liaison
07-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Skelton by flying headbutt in the 11th.

BoxingPromoter
07-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Anyone doing any rbr for this fight?...:fing02:

kenshin112
07-15-2007, 05:43 AM
The Shytest fight ever in the history of boxing

MickyHatton
07-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Typical Skelton mauling borefest.

Is he seriously the best we can offer?

Bring back Lewis, Bruno, Hide, Derek Williams, Gary Mason **** me even Akinwande!!!!

platinummatt!
07-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Sprott did not try hard enough on that.

Damn they have hard jabs though

col Blake
07-15-2007, 01:52 PM
the worst fight this year only the judging was worse.

Ryn0
07-15-2007, 04:04 PM
If you like watching two men hug and stare at each other for 12 rounds then i 'spose it was alrite........ if you don't then it was a bloody disgrace to boxing

English_Lion
07-15-2007, 04:26 PM
****in ****e fight.

porlie
07-17-2007, 08:58 AM
****ing garbage fight but did anyone honestly expect anything different???