View Full Version : Khan Sees Limond as The Start of a New Era

BIGPOPPAPUMP
07-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Amir Khan says fighting Willie Limond for the Commonwealth Lightweight Championship on July 14 at the O2 Arena will be the start of a new era. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=9314)]

uppercut_84
07-06-2007, 12:10 PM
What channel is this fight on?

adamk1304
07-06-2007, 01:00 PM
What channel is this fight on?

itv1 :boxing:

bigbadbri
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Amir Khan says fighting Willie Limond for the Commonwealth Lightweight Championship on July 14 at the O2 Arena will be the start of a new era. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=9314)]

The new era being........when the Scotsman hands him his 1st defeat:fingersx:

Desaturated
07-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I think the Khan bubble is about to burst.

I kind of hope it does. He's become such a self loving celebrity and he's really done **** all. If he wins this, it'll be papered as some sort of medium to justify his status...

lol @ him in Nuts/Zoo boasting about that right hook in his list of best and worst of boxing.

I suppose he is only a toddler...

majestiC
07-10-2007, 06:25 PM
he won't lose to limond, he has no power. someone who can bang and is accurate will beat Kahn.

P29
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
i kind of hate all the publicity khan gets for all little he has done, and people here must think of him as the greatest fighter in uk when they havent even heard of cook, froch, woods, witter or enzo mac.

however he cant really help what the media does, and to be honest all the attention does put more attention on him at such an early stage in his career, and he is talented i hope he does well and will get right behind him!

kenshin112
07-11-2007, 03:59 PM
he is a good boxer
he will beat limond
id like to see him and kevin mitchell fight

Nate126
07-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Khan is about to show what he can do. Lightning and Thunder baby :boxing: .

English_Lion
07-13-2007, 06:00 AM
khan will end this fight within 3 rounds, he is just too classy.

kerrminator
07-14-2007, 01:54 AM
khan will end this fight within 3 rounds, he is just too classy.
LOL He's as classy as a kick in the scrotum

Once he meets a decent opponent who is a natural lightweight who has a slight percentage of a decent pedigree he will fall. (Limond is a natural Superfeather whereas Khan easily can make lightwelter)

Limond has been very inactive for the last couple of years, not to mention the fact that he still works as a joiner coz he cant afford to train full time.

I seen Limon fighting Alex Arthur live at the braehead arena on the undercard of Scott Harrison v Medina and although Arthur is still at Superfeather he would hand Khan his ass on a plate with ease but Frank Warren wont ever allow his little cash cow to take such a risk.

By the way, Khan has stated he wants to become the youngest ever world champion out of britain and he actually believes that he's on course to do it lol lol lol lol (he wishes)

Naz is the current youngest ever british world champ and he done it at the age of 21 years and 5 months.......that means Khan has until May 2008 to accomplish this far fetched dream of a goal ( I repeat my lol lol lol lol)

Khan is a decent fighter but I doubt he'll go any further than British level....maybe european at best.

As a comparison lets look at the young Andre Berto, both guys competed in the same olympics,(albeit at different weights) but Berto is the modest guy and Khan is the ****y little prick and the truth is, Berto has future world champion written all over him whereas Khan is a lower tier fighter imo

kerrminator
07-14-2007, 06:47 PM
I knew that chin of Khans was dodgy and Willie is not a power puncher ;)