View Full Version : P4P hardest punchers of all time....

Pages : [1] 2

INFAMOUZ
10-18-2004, 12:49 PM
I know that I am going to just get Tito, Tito, Tito.....with this thread, but seriously Tito does not have a proven one-punch finish. I want to see who is considered the best puncher p4p as proven by their ability to end fights with a single punch regardless of the opposition, be it a p4p top-ten fighter or a chump. Tito I add is not reknowned for dropping people with one-shot and keeping them there, he usually hits them several times.

1. Julian Jackson (widely considered p4p hardest hitter)
2. Mike Tyson (I think the hardest puncher in history)
3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
7. Razor Ruddock (Tyson said he hit him the hardest)
8. Acelino Freitas (I dislike him, but he can bang)
9. Lennox Lewis (Tyson, Ruddock, Rock, Botha)
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
12.Arturo Gatti (Ruelas, Gamache)
13.George Foreman (Norton, Frazier)
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore
16.Manny Pacquiao(Mab,Jmm)"Harder Hitting Featherweight of all time"

mic573
10-18-2004, 03:01 PM
I think Jackson and Foreman are probably the hardest punchers of all-time.

jabsRstiff
10-18-2004, 03:25 PM
If you're talking about which fighter whose fists you'd be most wise to avoid...

I'd go Jackson, Shavers, & Pipino Cuevas.
They had bricks in their fists. I guess Foreman belongs, also.

Dr.Depravity
10-18-2004, 10:56 PM
I remeber Shannon Briggs (saying of George Foreman) "He hit me so hard I thought I saw the messiah"

THRILLAinmanila
10-18-2004, 11:05 PM
I know that I am going to just get Tito, Tito, Tito.....with this thread, but seriously Tito does not have a proven one-punch finish. I want to see who is considered the best puncher p4p as proven by their ability to end fights with a single punch regardless of the opposition, be it a p4p top-ten fighter or a chump. Tito I add is not reknowned for dropping people with one-shot and keeping them there, he usually hits them several times.

3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore

Mike Taii-sennnn & Manny ****-yeowww !

phallus
10-18-2004, 11:05 PM
The hardest punchers of all time, my list would be:
Marciano - all of his 43 KO's were one punch knockouts, and his punches broke bones and sent Carmine Vingo into a coma

Joe Louis - broke Max Schmeling's back ( 2 vertebrae ) with body punches and i have pictures of him punching so hard he lifted Billy Conn's body off the canvas

Jack Dempsey - broke Jess Willard's jaw, ribs, cheekbone in round 1 of their title fight

Stanley ketchel - he could still knock guys out with one punch after 20
rounds

Archie Moore - most knockouts of any boxer - 145 KO's

THRILLAinmanila
10-18-2004, 11:25 PM
Marciano - all of his 43 KO's were one punch knockouts, and his punches broke bones and sent Carmine Vingo into a coma

Joe Louis - broke Max Schmeling's back ( 2 vertebrae ) with body punches and i have pictures of him punching so hard he lifted Billy Conn's body off the canvas

Jack Dempsey - broke Jess Willard's jaw, ribs, cheekbone in round 1 of their title fight

rounds

Have to agree with you on Archie Moore. But he took quite a beating in his fight with Ali (saw it the other night on The Greatest Fights show in my part of the world)

cple
10-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Whoa...Acelino Freitas? Pacquio the hardest hitting featherweight of all-time? Freitas hasn't proven his power against one viable opponent. As for the hardest hitting featherweight to ever live, it's got to be Sandy Saddler and followed possibly by Alexis Arguello or Naseem Hamed.

It's kind of difficult to narrow down the hardest hitting fighers of all-time, since there were quite a few that could knock their opponents unconscious. But here are 10 that first come to mind...

(no partucular order)

1. Jimmy Wilde
2. George Foreman
3. Earnie Shavers
4. Bob Fitzsimmons
5. Stanley Ketchel
6. Joe Louis
7. Julian Jackson
8. Thomas Hearns
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sandy Saddler

jabsRstiff
10-19-2004, 07:57 AM
cple, why don't we narrow down this discussion in the meantime to the hardest hitting feathers, P4P of all-time :)

My list:

1. Sandy Saddler
2. Manny P
3. Salvador Sanchez

:)

Asian...

You're new to this sport, huh ?
Welcome.

No offense....but sal Sanchez is not one of the best punchers in featherweight history. Not even close.
He's one of it's best fighters, that's for sure.

Manny Pac ? Doesn't rate, either.

Danny Lopez, Antonio Esparragoza, & Alexis Arguello were all bigger one-punch hitters than Manny .
If they were given as many opportunities to land on Marquez as was Manny, Marquez would have been knocked out cold.

jabsRstiff
10-19-2004, 07:59 AM
I can't believe none of you listed BOB FOSTER !

He's the gretest one-punch KO artist to fight at 175....followed by Michael Spimks, Archie Moore, & Saad Muhammad.

jabsRstiff
10-19-2004, 07:59 AM
What about Carlos Zarate, or Ruben Olivares ?

LuKahnLi
10-19-2004, 10:33 AM
Jabs what about those Marshmallow handed bums?

LuKahnLi
10-19-2004, 10:48 AM
JK

Great punchers are made in different ways

Pure Power
Julian Jackson, Earnie Shavers

Technique
Joe Louis, Felix Trinidad

Strength
George Foreman

jabsRstiff
10-19-2004, 11:04 AM
Jackson had excellent technique, actually.
Most of his KO's were from very short, well thrown/timed punches.

LuKahnLi
10-19-2004, 11:34 AM
Not better technique than Louis or Tito IMO.

jabsRstiff
10-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Not better technique than Louis or Tito IMO.

No....but, just want to clarify that he was not a free-swinging slugger. At times he was, but he generally threw excellent shots.

cple
10-19-2004, 12:05 PM
cple, why don't we narrow down this discussion in the meantime to the hardest hitting feathers, P4P of all-time :)

My list:

1. Sandy Saddler
2. Manny P
3. Salvador Sanchez

:)

Hardest hitting feathers?

1. Sandy Saddler
2. Alexis Arguello
3. Terry McGovern
4. Danny Lopez
5. Naseem Hamed

There are others such as Bobby Chacon and Gomez carried his power up nicely, but those are probably the top 5. Salvador Sanchez was pretty much an accumulation puncher who wore down his opponents with constant, accurate, and straight punches.

LuKahnLi
10-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Jabs

OH yeah, I know that. His KO over Norris was exceptional. Very short punch too....

.::|ULTIMATE|::.
10-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Chavez was a very hard puncher, i know Taylor didnt go down till the very end , but i feel that was an attribute to Taylor's great heart.

Taylor had broken eye sockets
Severe brain injury
Peeing PURE blood from (not a lot but enough) body punishment.

jabsRstiff
10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Ultimate....

Chavez put his punches together to the body & head better than anyone in history.
He was a damaging puncher, an offensive artist....but nowhere near being one of the biggest punchers in history.

We're talking about the guys who landed one or just a few shots & left guys OUT.

Ranger2408
10-19-2004, 03:16 PM
what about mclellan would he be in that class?

10-19-2004, 03:28 PM
Ultimate....

Chavez put his punches together to the body & head better than anyone in history.
He was a damaging puncher, an offensive artist....but nowhere near being one of the biggest punchers in history.

We're talking about the guys who landed one or just a few shots & left guys OUT.

Damn i stand very corrected.

:( :D

m00ks
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Asian...

You're new to this sport, huh ?
Welcome.

No offense....but sal Sanchez is not one of the best punchers in featherweight history. Not even close.
He's one of it's best fighters, that's for sure.

Manny Pac ? Doesn't rate, either.

Danny Lopez, Antonio Esparragoza, & Alexis Arguello were all bigger one-punch hitters than Manny .
If they were given as many opportunities to land on Marquez as was Manny, Marquez would have been knocked out cold.

Pac ain't a natural featherweight. Manny at Bantam can make the list easy.

jack_the_rippuh
10-19-2004, 05:19 PM
tyson.....

Yarmez
10-19-2004, 05:41 PM

3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore

I agree with most, but where is Tua, Man that Guy can throw his right and left, and ask Moorer, Ruiz, Oquendo and Ibeuachi (Even though he lost that fight) i'd bet they'd say he hits hard.

and i think Prince Naseem Hamed will give Pacquio a run for his money when it comes to Power.

THRILLAinmanila
10-20-2004, 01:36 AM

3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore

where's Iron Mike ?

THRILLAinmanila
10-20-2004, 01:38 AM
must be goin blind....he's right up there at #2

JOM'S
10-20-2004, 03:20 AM
cple this is a good list...

1. Sandy Saddler
2. Alexis Arguello
3. Terry McGovern
4. Danny Lopez
5. Naseem Hamed/Pac Man

But I have to put Manny on the list tied with Naseem Hamed, 3 fights in the feather and 7 official KDs plus 1 not counted shows enough power, maybe few more years fighting at the feather will prove beyond any doubt he is one of the hardest hitting feathers ever.....

THRILLAinmanila
10-20-2004, 05:42 AM
cple this is a good list...

1. Sandy Saddler
2. Alexis Arguello
3. Terry McGovern
4. Danny Lopez
5. Naseem Hamed/Pac Man

But I have to put Manny on the list tied with Naseem Hamed, 3 fights in the feather and 7 official KDs plus 1 not counted shows enough power, maybe few more years fighting at the feather will prove beyond any doubt he is one of the hardest hitting feathers ever.....

Hey guys want to bid on Homicide Hank's Arguello-Pryor DVD?
Take a look at his thread....

Yogi
10-20-2004, 06:36 AM
You could throw in Ricardo Moreno's name, as one of the hardest hitting featherweights of all-time.

60 wins, and 59 of those were by knockout.

jabsRstiff
10-20-2004, 06:59 AM
Pac ain't a natural featherweight. Manny at Bantam can make the list easy.

Manny Pacquiao doesn't have the resume, or the devastating one-punch KO's over top-flite opposition to rate anywhere near the top ten, even twenty, of history's greatest punchers.

JOM'S
10-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Weel, maybe not just yet, but soon, and you can't argue the fact that he has power in the feather (3 fights, 6 one punch-punches=6 KDs)....

jabsRstiff
10-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Pac is indeed a terrific puncher.

He's not an all-timer. He may become one, but has a ways to go.

oldgringo
10-20-2004, 10:27 AM
The most devastating punchers or hardest hitting punchers I've ever witnessed were Jackson, Foreman, Shavers, McClellan, Mugabi, Chavez (look what he did to Taylor), and Tyson...Duran hit pretty hard too. I never saw Wilde so I wouldn't know about his power. Marciano is on this list as well.

As for one punch power I think Jackson was probably the guy most likely to change a fight with one punch.

jabsRstiff
10-20-2004, 01:04 PM
I've been a fan since mid-'81....& here are the best punchers I witnessed, in their primes, during that time (in order) :

Jackson
Spinks (at lt. heavy)
Rosario
Hearns
Mugabi
McClellan
Tyson
Arguello
Trinidad
Corrales
Moorer (at lt. heavy)
Esparragoza
Carbajal
Ricardo Lopez

m00ks
10-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Manny Pacquiao doesn't have the resume, or the devastating one-punch KO's over top-flite opposition to rate anywhere near the top ten, even twenty, of history's greatest punchers.

You haven't seen his fights at bantam weight to be able to rate him like that. Sasakul, Lucero, Mira,...to name a few suffering a one punch KO. Againts TOP-FLITE opposition, well there weren't much Bantam and flyweights that make that category, but you don't have to be a top p4p fighter to have a good chin. For a bantamweight dropping top featherweights with STRAIGHT bombs (which is not truly a KO punch compared to uppercuts, hooks and overhands) the guy has some serious heavy hands. Please remember the topic is p4p HARDEST hitters of all time.
Now he might not be a top 10 but to exclude him in the top 20 considering we're talking p4p, is giving him less credit than he deserves.

jabsRstiff
10-20-2004, 02:05 PM
"Now he might not be a top 10 but to exclude him in the top 20 considering we're talking p4p, is giving him less credit than he deserves."

No.....I am particularly interested in punchers.
I am totally objective in my assessments on them.
Right now....Pacquiao is no in my top twenty....especially of all-time.

I'm not saying he won't be there, because I see the explosiveness.
He just needs a few more big-time KO's to get to thathigher place, IMO.

m00ks
10-20-2004, 02:27 PM
"Now he might not be a top 10 but to exclude him in the top 20 considering we're talking p4p, is giving him less credit than he deserves."

No.....I am particularly interested in punchers.
I am totally objective in my assessments on them.
Right now....Pacquiao is no in my top twenty....especially of all-time.

I'm not saying he won't be there, because I see the explosiveness.
He just needs a few more big-time KO's to get to thathigher place, IMO.

more than fair :) Although at this point in his career I don't think many one punch KO's will come. Considering his super punch is a left straight and it's aimed at fighters naturally larger than him, top it with the fact that he's campaigning at a higher division with plans of moving up, we'll see his power, but obviously not as devastating as when he was at bantam.

mic573
10-20-2004, 03:20 PM
I don't think Manny cracks top twenty either. It's true he has very very good power but as he keeps moving up his power will become less significant than at lower weights.

m00ks
10-20-2004, 03:58 PM
I don't think Manny cracks top twenty either. It's true he has very very good power but as he keeps moving up his power will become less significant than at lower weights.

That's why Is aid Manny at Bantam.

HomicideHank
10-21-2004, 01:38 AM
Whoa...Acelino Freitas? Pacquio the hardest hitting featherweight of all-time? Freitas hasn't proven his power against one viable opponent. As for the hardest hitting featherweight to ever live, it's got to be Sandy Saddler and followed possibly by Alexis Arguello or Naseem Hamed.

It's kind of difficult to narrow down the hardest hitting fighers of all-time, since there were quite a few that could knock their opponents unconscious. But here are 10 that first come to mind...

(no partucular order)

1. Jimmy Wilde
2. George Foreman
3. Earnie Shavers
4. Bob Fitzsimmons
5. Stanley Ketchel
6. Joe Louis
7. Julian Jackson
8. Thomas Hearns
9. Jack Dempsey
10. Sandy Saddler

Was Fitz really that big of a banger cple?? I know he was famous for his impressive 'solar plexus punch'. but I didn't know he was a knockout artist, per se.

My list is pretty similiar to many already posted. I think any list should have at least Julian Jackson, Joe Louis, and Earnie Shavers. Any list without those names should be handled with extreme prejudice.. :D

cple
10-21-2004, 01:59 AM
By all accounts, Fitzsimmons was a huge banger that ranks up near the top of the elite puncher. 48 of his 55 official wins came by knockout, once reeled of 12 consecutive stoppage, and had a KO% of 53, which in an era of no-decisions is extremely impressive. Some may scoff at those numbers, but in those days, fighters had to conserve energy to last 20+ rounds and they rarely threw combinations. So many of his stoppages came from one-punch.

And he showcased his power in multiple weights. As a middleweight he knocked out heavyweights such as Tom Sharkey and Jim Corbett, who was the champ at the time. Not only that, he won the heavyweight crown to a single shot to the body.

Also, i should probably add Sam Langford to my list. Some people who saw him, thought he was a much better fighter and harder puncher than Fitz.

nohero
10-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Hands down, Marciano.

49-0 with the highest KO% (89%) of any heavyweight champion in history.

Jack Dempsey who is one of the toughest boxers who ever lived has said himself that for one-punch KO power, Marciano was the best there ever was.

Joe Louis admitted that even in his prime he would not have been able to handle Marciano's onslaught.

Broke Roland LaStarza's forearms with gloved fists... sick.

After the rock, you have to consider a few... Tyson, Shavers and Foreman come to mind.

I know I only mentioned the heavyweights but in all honesty the lighter fighters would never get by on KO power alone, a heavyweight could make a nice career based solely on power. Because of this the heavyweights tend to be more about KO and less about boxing skill, the division just breeds heavy hitters, even when talking "P4P".

nohero
10-21-2004, 03:59 AM
Not really applicable, yet.

Edwin Valero... if he can get past his shady medical history and continue fighting he has an impressive historical career going.

14-0 with every single fight coming by way of 1st round KO. This has to be some kind of record.

lapulapu
10-21-2004, 02:29 PM
With too many crooks behind the scene, I don't think we can really be sure about those knock outs. Specially, in the past where crime syndicates ruled the boxing world. I just saw a documentary on Joe Louis where racism was highlighted. No way we can debate about the past.
Maybe, we should reverse the question. As to who withstood the most punishment without being knock out!

pierresean
10-22-2004, 03:28 AM
I agree with all of these hard hitters, but I want to emphasize on these monster hitters:
1. Nigel Benn
2. Hitman Hearns
3. The Beast Mugabi
4. Big George Foreman
5. Archie Moore
7. Iron Mike Tyson
6. Pacman Pacquiao

THRILLAinmanila
10-22-2004, 03:33 AM
I agree with all of these hard hitters, but I want to emphasize on these monster hitters:
1. Nigel Benn
2. Hitman Hearns
3. The Beast Mugabi
4. Big George Foreman
5. Archie Moore
7. Iron Mike Tyson
6. Pacman Pacquiao

Archie Moore is one hell of a puncher. Saw a re-run in his fight with Ali last night, his punches were like bricks being thrown at you !

Eken
10-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Probably Julian Jackson or Nigel Benn...

dempseyfire
10-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Historically PFP it has to be Sam Langford. KO'd guys from welterweight to huge Heavyweights, almost always was the smaller man.

LuKahnLi
10-25-2004, 01:35 PM
Yeah, Langford is definitely worth mentioning.

dansweeney
10-25-2004, 02:12 PM
Mike tyson is the hardest hitter ever, the way he kayoed people in his prime was rediculous

Great
10-27-2004, 05:12 AM

It is interesting, what Mike said after fight with Lewis.

Great
10-27-2004, 05:14 AM
I think Foreman, Earnie Shavers and Julian Jackson (in his weight).

dansweeney
10-27-2004, 01:00 PM
how about Gerald Mcclellan? he 29 kayos in 31 wins, several devastating ones

Great
10-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Yes. Gerald real puncher. But not the best. I think so.

dansweeney
10-27-2004, 03:58 PM
tyson has to be the all time best, look at the way he knocked out frazier's son, that was scary

Great
10-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Did you see Julian Jackson-Herol Graham? That really scary.

miron_lang
10-28-2004, 04:57 AM
Shavers
Foreman
Tyson
Hearns
Marciano
Trinidad
Pacquiao

jabsRstiff
10-28-2004, 07:11 AM
Get Pacquiao off that list.

miron_lang
10-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Get Pacquiao off that list.

WTF?? are you a hater?!

jabsRstiff
10-28-2004, 09:30 AM
WTF?? are you a hater?!

Nah....I'm a realist.

I like Pac quite a bit...but I know for a fact he's not one of the best punchers in history.....& certainly isn't one of the 5 best.

You Pac fans are not in the least bit objective. Calling me a hater because I speak the truth is ludicrous.

markosg19
10-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Has nobody even thought to metion Prince Naseem hamed, he smashed his way through the featherweights in the mid to late 90s the way Tyson did to the heavys in the 80's.

jabsRstiff
10-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Naseem was a great puncher....but didn't stay around long enough to get near the best hitters ever.

LuKahnLi
10-28-2004, 10:04 AM
"Smashed his way through the featherweights..."

He shamelessly ducked Norwood, Gonzalez and Espinosa. He smashed through the 2nd tier of the featherweights and that is it.

markosg19
10-28-2004, 02:00 PM
at the end of day, his management may have led him away form some fighters but that is not the point. He is one of the hardest pound for pound punchers in history and a way harder puncher than pac!!!

Great
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
What about Sam Lengford?

Soundtraveler
10-29-2004, 03:21 PM
In order, I would have to say -

M. Tyson (in the 1st 2 rounds nobody had more)
J. Louis (teeth stuck in his glove!)
G. Foreman (ask Frazier!)
J. Dempsey (speed and power ahead of his time)
E. Shavers (because Foreman said so!)
D. Tua (good night Ruiz!)
R. Marciano (because he IS Rocky!)
R. Mercer (poor Tommy Morrison!)

Tha Greatest
10-30-2004, 12:32 AM
carlos zarate hits ****in hard for his weight

my trainer said he sparred him n he had a crazy ass punch

TysonForeman
10-30-2004, 10:44 PM
I've heard that Pipino Cuevas hit so hard that some of the guys he fought didn't even remember the fight.

JOM'S
10-31-2004, 09:30 AM
at the end of day, his management may have led him away form some fighters but that is not the point. He is one of the hardest pound for pound punchers in history and a way harder puncher than pac!!!

Hamed is really a good puncher but their is no way to prove that he can hit harder than Pac, case in point, they have one common opponent (MAB), Hamed never could put MAB down, but against Pac MAB kiss canvas thrice, so who's the harder puncher....

GxBrak
11-01-2004, 12:34 AM
earnie shavers, just watch his second (i think his second match) match against larry holmes

GxBrak
11-02-2004, 12:10 AM
hearns might be the best pound for pound

miron_lang
11-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Nah....I'm a realist.

I like Pac quite a bit...but I know for a fact he's not one of the best punchers in history.....& certainly isn't one of the 5 best.

You Pac fans are not in the least bit objective. Calling me a hater because I speak the truth is ludicrous.

PAC was able to drop his 3 Featherweight opponent 8 times.... If you think i dont have a case then thats your opinion, just remember that PAC is only 25 and stats wont lie. :)

11-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Naseem was a great puncher....but didn't stay around long enough to get near the best hitters ever.

And his once thought of punching power was put into question by Wayne Mcllough (sp?) and Marco Antonio Barrera.

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 03:58 AM
And his once thought of punching power was put into question by Wayne Mcllough (sp?) and Marco Antonio Barrera.

Yeah that is for sure MAB put a BIG QUESTION on Hamed's punching power....

J !
11-02-2004, 08:54 AM
PAC was able to drop his 3 Featherweight opponent 8 times.... If you think i dont have a case then thats your opinion, just remember that PAC is only 25 and stats wont lie. :)

guys guys, why do some of you pacman fans have to ramm him down people throats til they end up disliking him? This is over hype of the highest grade.

to say manny is a top five P4P puncher in the history of the sport is just bias and foolishness of the highest order, have you even thought about it? Theres been some murderous punchers around. People who would have hit pacman into the middle of next week, I very much doubt that Pacman hits as hard as Azumah nelson for instance, so thats a featherwight who hits harder for starters let alone accross the weights.

Its these type of statments that turn pacman fans into other fighters supporters, cos you over rate him so massivly. If he was a top five p4p all time puncher Marquez wouldnt have got up from ONE of the ko's not ****ing three , get a grip please.

Nothing wrong with supporting your man, Pac is a great fighter but kinell, put a lid on the all time bull**** he hasnt proved ANYTHING yet in this context.

There must be thousands of fighter turning in their graves. :mad:

jabsRstiff
11-02-2004, 09:02 AM

Wayne McCullough has one of the best chins over the last 20 years.....& Hamed was not in a single moment of his fight with Barrera.
He was never given the chance to land a worthwhile punch.

I hated Hamed.....but he had a series of big time KO's.
The POWER was there, though his ridiculous style sometimes held it back.

But...shot for shot, Hamed was a harder puncher than Manny Pacquiao.

11-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Wayne McCullough has one of the best chins over the last 20 years.....& Hamed was not in a single moment of his fight with Barrera.
He was never given the chance to land a worthwhile punch.

I hated Hamed.....but he had a series of big time KO's.
The POWER was there, though his ridiculous style sometimes held it back.

But...shot for shot, Hamed was a harder puncher than Manny Pacquiao.

I agree abough mcCullough's chin, what i mean is little wayne went all 12 rounds with Hamed and Erik.

At the end when he was interviewed by british TV and asked who hits harder, he said Erik is the harder puncher but Hamed is physically stronger.

JOM'S
11-02-2004, 12:12 PM
jabsRstiff I agree with you that Hamed is a hard puncher but, no way it can be proven that Hamed hits harder than Pac shot for shot.

Not to mention that the Pac is still young and active, still a lot of wins to come and some big time KOs waiting to happen....

plus the fact that their are talks that he will face Erick Morales soon, a fighter that hits so hard that fighters he face like Ayala and McCullogh swears that he is the hardest puncher they faced....

For sure when these two guys meet their will be a lot of fireworks....

BoxingPromoter
11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
George Foreman is definately the hardist puncher in the heavy

weight division. Remember the one-two punch combo that

effortlessly knocked out Michael Moorer. Mike Tyson deserves an

honorable mention also.

jabsRstiff
11-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Shavers hit harder than both.....but was not nearly as good a fighter as either.

Prorock
11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Best puncher...

My top 3:

1. George Foreman
2. Mike Tyson
3. J. Jackson

Shavers, Tito... others... but not Freitas :)

P.S. Sorry for my bad language...

Prorock (Prophet) from Ukraine

realtim
11-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Marciano
Sandy Saddler
Julian Jackson
Tommy hearns
Foreman
Max Baer
Joe Louis
Archie Moore

Theres a lot of others aswell.

RJj1fan
11-06-2004, 11:58 PM
I would have to go with Foreman on this one.

FistoftheDallasStar
11-07-2004, 01:30 AM
George Foreman is definately the hardist puncher in the heavy

weight division. Remember the one-two punch combo that

effortlessly knocked out Michael Moorer. Mike Tyson deserves an

honorable mention also.

Exactly what I was about to say! A forty year old KOing a 20 something Heavyweight Champ is just amazing. Iron Mike would be a close second.

tony
11-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Iron Mike Tyson.

lsk
11-11-2004, 01:03 PM
p4p maybe Depsey or tyson

Silencer
11-12-2004, 02:30 AM
Among the fighters that I know...

Tyson/Foreman/Lewis - heavy
Hagler/Hearns - middle
Corrales - light
Pacquiao/Hamed - feather
RMarquez - bantam

rockroyal24
11-27-2004, 04:54 AM
People I'd add to the list Aaron Pryor, Kostya Tszyu, Julio Cesar Chavez, and Roberto Duran

joho
11-27-2004, 09:13 AM
george foreman

Great
11-27-2004, 07:46 PM
You simrly don`t know, how my grandmother beats...

MexicanBoxer
11-28-2004, 08:21 PM
no one has said wilfredo Gomez yet, c'mon......Jimmy wilde is condidered 2 be the hardest hitter p4p.. he was a flyweight with the power of a middle weight. I heard of him but never saw him, julian jackson is the hardest puncher i ever saw.

BigMikeD
11-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Terry Norris

BigMikeD
Roberto Duran

BigMikeD
Iron Mike Tyson

BigMikeD
11-28-2004, 09:27 PM
Foreman is old

foremanfan
11-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Hardest puncher ever I'd go for Foreman. I still remember the first of his comeback fights that I watched where in the first round he hits Bert Cooper with a sweeping right hook to the body and Bert gets moved across the ring from the impact of the punch. Awsome power. Tyson is and was a hard puncher but I think he scored a lot of ko's because he was fast and accurate. Guys like Ruddock and Lewis probably had comparable power but wasn't as good at using it.
For pound for pound best I'd look to the middleweight division guys like Jackson, McClennan and Benn in recent years. Sorry but I'm not to great with the much older fighters.

foremanfan
11-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Hardest puncher ever I'd go for Foreman. I still remember the first of his comeback fights that I watched where in the first round he hits Bert Cooper with a sweeping right hook to the body and Bert gets moved across the ring from the impact of the punch. Awsome power. Tyson is and was a hard puncher but I think he scored a lot of ko's because he was fast and accurate. Guys like Ruddock and Lewis probably had comparable power but wasn't as good at using it.
For pound for pound best I'd look to the middleweight division guys like Jackson, McClennan and Benn in recent years. Sorry but I'm not to great with the much older fighters.
Oh yeah and Tommy Hearns he was amazing.

plexmc
11-30-2004, 05:40 PM
I feel u on that

Kid Achilles
12-01-2004, 12:24 PM
P4P, I think Jimmy Wilde was the hardest hitter in modern boxing history. Look at some pictures of the guy, he was one of the scrawniest, softest looking fighters you'll ever see. I knew nerds back in middle school with equal or better physiques and yet this guy knocked out Billy Papke who weighed 160 lbs. The same Billy Papke who beat Ketchel (all time great middleweight) the second time the two fought. We're talking about a guy who weighed little over 100 lbs with a 32" chest KOing an extremely good middleweight in three rounds.

Scientists actually ran tests on him because everyone was so perplexed as to how his tiny frame could generate so much force.

Stanley Ketchel was another remarkable puncher for his weight. To bad he died so young, because we'll never know what he could have really achieved.

In terms of all around best power delivered by a boxer I would have to look to the big guys. I'd go with Earnie Shavers followed by Foreman. Max Baer was also a HUGE puncher. Jimmy Braddock claimed that Baer hit harder than Joe Louis, and I've heard the same from sparring partners and others who had faced both men. Pound for pound heavyweight powerhouses include Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, and Marciano.

Tyson never impressed me as much in terms of sheer one punch power, for all of his 220 lbs. He certainly combined speed and power with greater effect than anyone since Dempsey but I think Foreman and Shavers were both harder (not neccesarily better or cleaner) punchers and weighed close to what Tyson weighed in his prime.

jabsRstiff
12-01-2004, 12:44 PM
P4P, I think Jimmy Wilde was the hardest hitter in modern boxing history. Look at some pictures of the guy, he was one of the scrawniest, softest looking fighters you'll ever see. I knew nerds back in middle school with equal or better physiques and yet this guy knocked out Billy Papke who weighed 160 lbs. The same Billy Papke who beat Ketchel (all time great middleweight) the second time the two fought. We're talking about a guy who weighed little over 100 lbs with a 32" chest KOing an extremely good middleweight in three rounds.

Scientists actually ran tests on him because everyone was so perplexed as to how his tiny frame could generate so much force.

Stanley Ketchel was another remarkable puncher for his weight. To bad he died so young, because we'll never know what he could have really achieved.

In terms of all around best power delivered by a boxer I would have to look to the big guys. I'd go with Earnie Shavers followed by Foreman. Max Baer was also a HUGE puncher. Jimmy Braddock claimed that Baer hit harder than Joe Louis, and I've heard the same from sparring partners and others who had faced both men. Pound for pound heavyweight powerhouses include Jack Dempsey, Joe Louis, and Marciano.

Tyson never impressed me as much in terms of sheer one punch power, for all of his 220 lbs. He certainly combined speed and power with greater effect than anyone since Dempsey but I think Foreman and Shavers were both harder (not neccesarily better or cleaner) punchers and weighed close to what Tyson weighed in his prime.

Boxing is not your "Achilles Heel".
Great post !

Yogi
12-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Jimmy Wilde didn't knockout the same Billy Papke who eventually went on to win the middleweight champion. Nor did Jimmy Wilde knock out the great lightweight, Joe Gans, which is another one I've heard in the past.

He knocked out men with similiar names to those two champions and nothing more. But regardless, there's no doubt Jimmy Wilde was one of the greatest p4p hitters in the history of boxing.

P@pasmurf
12-01-2004, 01:57 PM
ivan calderon

n14061981
12-01-2004, 02:12 PM
Sven Ottke :D

Champoreeno
12-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Kid Achilles,

How can you go back to that invariably mentioned list of old timers, without saying anything about Sam Langford?

Great
12-01-2004, 04:32 PM
P4P, I think Jimmy Wilde was the hardest hitter in modern boxing history. Look at some pictures of the guy, he was one of the scrawniest, softest looking fighters you'll ever see. I knew nerds back in middle school with equal or better physiques and yet this guy knocked out Billy Papke who weighed 160 lbs. The same Billy Papke who beat Ketchel (all time great middleweight) the second time the two fought.
You sure?
http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=011714 Papke

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=009023 Wilde

Same name, I think.

Kid Achilles
12-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I have heard several times that it was in fact THE Billy Papke, but that the bout was not recorded as being official. This happened ocassionally in those days. The fact that the Billy Papke listed on boxrec.com has a 0-0 record looks fishy to me. I am glad you guys noticed this. I would really like to know for sure if it was the Papke we're thinking of or not. Not that it changes much, because Jimmy Wilde was still an incredible puncher and an all time great, but I am curious now.

I apologize to Sam Langford, one of the all time greatest boxers. He was a guy who started off as a welterweight and ended up fighting and defeating notable heavyweights like Harry Wills (whom the great Dempsey was accused of ducking but I don't want to get into that one now!) and even going the distance with Jack Johnson! He was certainly an all time great P4P puncher, and may even hold some kind of unofficial record for knocking out opponents outweighing him by twenty or more pounds.

There are many awesome stories of Langford, like the one where he'd mark off a section of the ring with an x prior to the fight and then positioned and KO'ed his opponent so they fell down on his mark.

Or the one where he touched gloves with his puzzled opponent in an early or mid round of a fight. It's boxing tradition to do this only in the first and last rounds as you know.

"This isn't the last round Sam," the opponent supposedly asked.

"It is for you!" was his reply before knocking the other guy out.

Aside from his incredible power, he may also deserve a place on the top ten P4P badass list.

simeraksou
12-02-2004, 12:14 AM
i think george foreman should be higher up on the list since he was a devastating puncher

Zab Super Judah
12-02-2004, 12:48 AM
trinidad should be considered one of the hardest hitters.....and judah at 140 could hit pretty hard but not one of the hardest

Swifty
12-02-2004, 12:59 AM
3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore

I disagree with alot of ur list, but i can understand why you'd put alotta those punchers where they are. But i cant understand how u can put lewis above marciano or foreman or shavers. IMO those three + iron mike and julian jackson would make up my top five, with lewis way downnnn.

Hudson_Hawk
12-02-2004, 03:21 AM
I'll stick to just one . . . TYSON

Mikie
12-02-2004, 05:13 AM
Hard to say.

Great
12-02-2004, 07:46 AM
I have heard several times that it was in fact THE Billy Papke, but that the bout was not recorded as being official. This happened ocassionally in those days. The fact that the Billy Papke listed on boxrec.com has a 0-0 record looks fishy to me. I am glad you guys noticed this. I would really like to know for sure if it was the Papke we're thinking of or not. Not that it changes much, because Jimmy Wilde was still an incredible puncher and an all time great, but I am curious now.

But nevertheless this fight is brought in a record list of the Wilde, and in the list of the Papke there is no index on this fight. Most likely (for certain) it is different boxers with one name.
I am unfortunately not so well familiar with career of the Wilde, but I believe in your opinion, man. :)

Hunna
12-06-2004, 04:30 AM
thats a hard one to answer! obviously heavyweights have the hardest punches, i cant say i know much about past fighters (before the 80s), but in today's boxing world, Kosta Tszyu has one of my votes, along with iron mike.

TheGreat1
12-06-2004, 06:36 AM

3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore

how in the hell can u put LL ahead of forman. i know this is P4P, but they fought at the same weight. i just don't see it.

Yogi
12-06-2004, 07:36 AM
I see nobody's mentioned a fighter who is arguably the hardest hitting bantamweight of all-time, in Alfonso Zamora.

Zamora won 33 fights and 32 of those were by knockout, as he ripped through the bantamweight division in the mid 70's. Every punch he threw was with big-time POWER and he threw some great power combinations, as well (straight right/left hook, and especially his straight right/left uppercut/right uppercut/left hook combination...*cringes*). Great balance too, which only aided Zamora in his power.

Zamora's mostly known for losing a shootout with fellow bantamweight banger, Carlos Zarate, but even in that fight he had Zarate hurt on a couple of occasions early in the fight, before Carlos finally caught up to him in the end (Zarate's better chin and finishing skills got him through that war).

But ask Eusibio Pedroza or Soo Hwan Hong about Zamora's power and I'm sure they'd both speak very highly of it. Zamora battered through Hong's air-tight defense for a few rounds, before finally hurting him in the fourth round with some nasty power shots and finishing with a single left hook. And Pedroza was doing just fine as he danced around while sticking the jab in Zamora's face. Then...BOOM! One single right hand and the fight's over in the second round!

If a guy who doesn't really deserve to be mentioned among the p4p hardest hitters of all-time, does get as many mentions as he has, then I'm certainly not out of line mentioning a fighter that DEFINATELY deserves a mention in this thread.

Punch for punch and pound for pound, Manny Pacquiao doesn't even come close to matching the single shot power of one Alfonso Zamora.

Raekwon
12-06-2004, 08:41 AM
how in the hell can u put LL ahead of forman. i know this is P4P, but they fought at the same weight. i just don't see it.

good point id agree with that, i also think felix should be a bit higher up in that list too, but it is very hard to compare with the different weights etc, but yes foreman had a great punch

sssse
12-11-2004, 03:58 PM
1. Jimmy Wilde
2. Earnie Shavers
3. Stanley Ketchel
4. Julian Jackson
5. Mike Tyson
6. Joe Louis
7. Thomas Hearns

BodysnatcherFan
12-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Gerald McClellan i think. 29 KOs, 20 first round KOs. Look at the Danny Mitchell one punch KO(unconscious) as good as any ive seen except Jackson-Graham. He knocked out Jay Bell in 20 seconds with a single body shot. Ive never seen a body shot put a guy paralyzed for that long, absolutely paralyzed on ground. He beat known big punchers Julian Jackson and JohN Mugabi in the first round.

Was weight-drained for Benn fight, irrelevent.

dodge
12-12-2004, 09:45 AM
1. Dempsey
2. Tyson
3. SRR
4. George Foreman
5. Marciano
6. Bowe
7. Zab Judah
8. Joe Louis
9. Ray mercer
10.Ike Quartey
This list is off the top of my head

dodge
12-12-2004, 09:50 AM
Tommy hearns and John L. Sullivan Should proball be in there to.

dodge
12-12-2004, 09:54 AM
...and Earnie Shavers I want to put at #2 instead of Tyson

loangunZ
12-12-2004, 01:27 PM

3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore

I would have to disagree I would say Prince naseem was the harders puncher

grayfist
12-13-2004, 08:57 AM
All time? P4P? Archie Moore has got to be in there. 114 KOs-- the most by any fighter in history, regardless of weight class. His power carried him through 9 years and two months of LHeavy championship reign--the longest in that division and second only to Joe Louis' all- around record, and to think he didn't get a crack at the title until he was already 36!

And there's that Mexican fellow, Moreno, who fought in the 60's. He KOd all but 4 of his opponents in his some 70 or so wins! I don't have the numbers off the top of my head right now, but Moreno, if anyone bothers to check his record, would agree that he ought to be in the mix. :)

gogan
12-14-2004, 11:01 AM
rocky marciano, they did tests proving his power was equivilent to that of a bullet peircing armour and the same power needed to bench 1000 pounds. thats some god damn power.

gogan
12-14-2004, 11:02 AM
and he shouldn`t even be considered a HW he was only 190 i believe.

Tyson_Bit_Holyfields_Ear
12-19-2004, 02:05 AM
Galaxy deserves a mention.

Sidestep_1
01-02-2005, 10:47 AM
Foreman
Shavers
Tyson
Moorer (at LHW)
Jackson
Hearns

buff_mike10
01-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Rocky Marciano by far
Mike Tyson
Earnie Shavers
George Foreman
Ken Norton

jabsRstiff
01-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Rocky Marciano by far
Mike Tyson
Earnie Shavers
George Foreman
Ken Norton

Ken Norton ?

Floydmayweather
01-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Tyson, foreaman, hearns, for his size Duran (hands of stone) People he fought say they saw white light when he hit them with a jab.

buff_mike10
01-11-2005, 09:16 PM
Larry Holmes said Ken Norton was the hardest hit he ever took. And look at his record, i'd say that classify's him in the top 5. Larry said he hit alot harder than Tyson.

jabsRstiff
01-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Larry Holmes said Ken Norton was the hardest hit he ever took. And look at his record, i'd say that classify's him in the top 5. Larry said he hit alot harder than Tyson.

Larry Holmes has NEVER said that.

Larry Holmes has always said EARNIE SHAVERS is the hardest puncher he's ever faced.

Tha Greatest
08-28-2005, 01:22 PM
If you're talking about which fighter whose fists you'd be most wise to avoid...

I'd go Jackson, Shavers, & Pipino Cuevas.
They had bricks in their fists. I guess Foreman belongs, also.

Great list man!

I would also add McClellan and Bob Fitsimmonz

strongisland24
08-28-2005, 03:22 PM
jackson, tyson, marciano, shavers

catskills23
09-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Dont listen to larry holmes . Holmes says that the right hand tyson floored him with didnt even hurt him and that butterbean hit harder than tyson . Holmes is full of **** .

jabsRstiff
09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I'll believe Larry Holmes before I would some Tyson ball-lapper who cannot think about any boxing that isn't Tyson related.

Earnie Shavers hit way harder than Tyson did.

Just accept it, & suck on it...if you have room in that mouth.

rocco1252
09-03-2005, 02:05 AM
I would go with Joe Louis he was by far the best pound for pound everything.

abyrvalg
09-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Sheivers
Ali
Foreman
Marciano
Frazier
Jul.Jackson
Tyson
Louis
Mughabi
Liston

shemmue
09-12-2005, 08:07 PM
there is alot of discussion about the hardest hitter at featherweight from featherweight down i say wilfredo gomez hands down .. out of his 44 wins 42 were by k.o, he also had a streak of 32 straight k.o's...but most impresive is his 17 straight title defense wins at jr. featherweight by k.o a record that still stands today ...

Mr_Ruckus
06-03-2006, 10:42 AM
A straight right from Hearns should be up there pretty high on anyones list as the hardest punch P4P.

grayfist
06-04-2006, 03:19 AM
Willie Pep had a string of seven consecutive wins by stoppages over a period of five months in 1946 before he figured in a plane crash, including 9 KDs in a fight against Jackie Graves that ended in the 8th round. Also, someone who hadn't seen Pep fight anyone before and after facing Young Junior watched Pep dispose of Junior in the first round with a left to the jaw followed by a right to the very same spot, would have been terribly difficult to convince that Pep was featherfisted. ;)

RockyMarcianofan00
06-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Willie Pep=P4P greatest fighter ever

Rocky Marciano=P4P hardest hitter

grayfist
06-04-2006, 04:01 AM
Willie Pep=P4P greatest fighter ever

Rocky Marciano=P4P hardest hitterJust playing with the Pep thing...;)

RockyMarcianofan00
06-04-2006, 04:11 AM
Just playing with the Pep thing...;)
Willie Pep was the greatest P4P Fighter ever

grayfist
06-04-2006, 04:19 AM
Willie Pep was the greatest P4P Fighter everYeah, if you say so.

Can't help but notice though that you have Marciano all over your place on there. Pep's being best pound-for-pound ever in your own eyes still does not do it for you, obviously.

sleazyfellow
06-04-2006, 05:19 AM
HENRY ARMSTRONG was the greatest P4P Fighter ever

there i fixed it for ya! great eh, but yeah i tend to agree there, number#1 all times p4p is either henry armstrong or srr, both were great n won titles in diffrent divisions...but yeah i bet ur glad i fixed dat for ya! :cool:

RockyMarcianofan00
06-04-2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, if you say so.

Can't help but notice though that you have Marciano all over your place on there. Pep's being best pound-for-pound ever in your own eyes still does not do it for you, obviously.

Um What?

here i fixed it for ya! great eh, but yeah i tend to agree there, number#1 all times p4p is either henry armstrong or srr, both were great n won titles in diffrent divisions...but yeah i bet ur glad i fixed dat for ya!

Interesting, Henry Armstrong
I won't comment now but let me ask you were do you place pep in greatest p4p?

btw I'm not disagreeing with you but you do raise a good point so I'm going to "review my sources"

grayfist
06-04-2006, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=RockyMarcianofan00]Um What?

Yes, Um, what...You've got Marciano's name, and Marciano's pictures and he's not even your pound-for-pound best. You said you think Pep is, all-time; though, earlier you had Henry Armstrong, as sleazyfellow showed.

So, yes, Um, what? Are you saying your favorite is not the one you consider to be the best?

And while we're at talking about who's the best, who do you really think is the best? Pep? Armstrong? Or...

You've got underneath your name, "The Rock of his Time" (underscoring supplied). Are we to take it to mean that he's not the Rock of other times and Pep is because, at a time, for you, he's the best of "All time"? Or, Armstrong perhaps is, because, at another time you chose him to be your best "All-time"?

Pray tell, at exactly what time does one become, to you, the best "All-time"?

If you should be generous to provide an answer, we shall thus be guided in our future conduct with you.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Yes, Um, what...You've got Marciano's name, and Marciano's pictures and he's not even your pound-for-pound best. You said you think Pep is, all-time; though, earlier you had Henry Armstrong, as sleazyfellow showed.

So, yes, Um, what? Are you saying your favorite is not the one you consider to be the best?

And while we're at talking about who's the best, who do you really think is the best? Pep? Armstrong? Or...

You've got underneath your name, "The Rock of his Time". That means he's not the Rock of other times and Pep is because he's the best of "All time"? Or, Armstrong perhaps? Or another rock? Another stone? What rock? What stone? Or, stoned?

LOL you must be like dyslexic or something ok
better start at the top
I never said Henry Armstrong or Rocky Marciano were P4P the best. What did say was that Willie Pep was P4P the best fighter, Rocky Marciano was P4P The hardest hitter , and that Henry Armstrong I was going to look into because he was a good fighter.

Got it?

Rocky Marciano is called the Rock of his times. Its a nickname just like the Brockton Blockbuster and "the Rock". I'm not 100% sure of the reason he's called this. This doesn't mean he's not an all time great-and for you to say that is pretty stupid because i've never heard anyone say that. Its also the name of Marciano's biography -

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0252027639.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Which I'm borrowing from my friend and reading this summer.
Ok any other questions?

grayfist
06-04-2006, 08:06 AM
LOL you must be like dyslexic or something ok
better start at the top
I never said Henry Armstrong or Rocky Marciano were P4P the best. What did say was that Willie Pep was P4P the best fighter, Rocky Marciano was P4P The hardest hitter , and that Henry Armstrong I was going to look into because he was a good fighter.

Got it?

Rocky Marciano is called the Rock of his times. Its a nickname just like the Brockton Blockbuster and "the Rock". I'm not 100% sure of the reason he's called this. This doesn't mean he's not an all time great-and for you to say that is pretty stupid because i've never heard anyone say that. Its also the name of Marciano's biography -

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0252027639.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Which I'm borrowing from my friend and reading this summer.
Ok any other questions?Thanks for the free medical opinion. I'm afraid I cannot repay you in kind.

You disclaim howeever having posted that you think Henry Armstrong is the best all time. Sleazyfellow posted your post in quotes on this thread. That speaks for itself. It's either Sleazyfellow is a liar or somebody else is.

I am aware that some journalists and authors dubbed Marciano "The Rock of his Time" and you are kind enough to show that among them is Russel Sullivan. Such, however, is not widely shared. You appear to share it, thus, I inferred with my feeble mental capacity (that you so, perhaps accurately called, "stupid") that you think so too; that Marciano is the Rock of his time. That made me ask: since you share that view, are we to understand that to mean that Marciano was/is not the Rock of other times?

I never said that you have chosen Marciano as the best "All-time". I asked you that obviously the man whose name you appropriated by calling yourself on this scene with his ring name and whose pictures adorn your replies and who could thus be your favorite, is not the person you consider the best of "All-time."

We are not speaking here of people who are one of the all-time greats. We are speaking here of your choice as, in your words, "the best, all- time', namely, Pep, when you replied to me and obviously Armstrong at another time (refer again please to sleazyfellow's post on this thread).

So please suffer this simple and "stupid" man and pray tell me, at what time does a fighter become, to you, the best "all-time"? Should Pep be best sometimes and Armstrong at other times? All that while the man pictured in your replies should not be considered best at ANY TIME? Why must one at this time adorn someone's replies on this site with large pictures of someone who could not be the best at any time, but instead, only be one of the best all time and then argue strongly in favor of someone whose picture does not appear on any of one's replies at any time as the best of all time?

I'm sorry, but I don't get it.

Edit: As an obvious big fan of Rocky, I'm sure you know about the rumor that Marciano was knocked down by an unknown Cuban named Nino Valdez at one of the training camps. I have heard sketchy versions of the rumor; I'm sure you'll be able to provide details for the edification of ignoramuses like me.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-04-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm sorry i'm really tired and scanning over posts while having insomnia is alittle tedious (spelling), i did however read your last post, i now understand what the problem is

read his post it read thusly

Willie Pep was the greatest P4P Fighter ever

HENRY ARMSTRONG was the greatest P4P Fighter ever

there i fixed it for ya! great eh, but yeah i tend to agree there, number#1 all times p4p is either henry armstrong or srr, both were great n won titles in diffrent divisions...but yeah i bet ur glad i fixed dat for ya! :cool:_

When he quoted my post he changed it saying he fixed it. I didn't say henry armstrong was the best.

Yes I agree RockyMarciano was the Rock of other times in a sense.

I apologize for saying you had dyslexia (spelling) and for calling you stupid

Alrighty

grayfist
06-04-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm sorry i'm really tired and scanning over posts while having insomnia is alittle tedious (spelling), i did however read your last post, i now understand what the problem is

When he quoted my post he changed it saying he fixed it. I didn't say henry armstrong was the best.

AlrightyThe post by sleazy said he agrees with you that its either Armstrong or SRR (Sugar Ray Robinson, I presume). What could he have been agreeing to if you didn't say it was Armstrong or SRR?

I see no mention of Pep.

RockyMarcianofan00
06-04-2006, 08:31 AM
The post by sleazy said he agrees with you that its either Armstrong or SRR (Sugar Ray Robinson, I presume). What could he have been agreeing to if you didn't say it was Armstrong or SRR?

I see no mention of Pep.
I'm not sleazy fellow so i don't know what he's agreeing too, but if you go back and reread the Post I make no mention of Henry Armstrong being P4P the best fighter- Actually Sugar Ray Robinson is P4P one of the best fighters

grayfist
06-04-2006, 08:32 AM

AlrightyOkay.

The message you entered is too short....

JuicyJuice
06-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Nigel Benn hit harder than Jackson and McClellan put together, but started using weights in Miami which slowed him right down.

JuicyJuice
06-04-2006, 09:17 AM
lb4lb? Wilde, Hearns (at 147), Hamed maybe.

Yaman
06-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Nigel Benn hit harder than Jackson and McClellan put together, but started using weights in Miami which slowed him right down.

No he didnt. Mcclellan took both of their punches and he kept standing(You know damn well what i mean). Mcclellan's punches looked the hardest. He put his full body weight into those right hands and he was built like a true puncher. With those broad shoulders and strong legs etc.

The man in my sig was the hardest puncher ever p4p.

machotime
06-04-2006, 11:22 AM

3. Nigel Benn
4. Gerald McCllelan
5. Thomas Hearns
6. John Mugabi
10.Rocky Marciano
11.Earnie Shavers
14.Felix Trinidad
15.Archie Moore
Pacman should not be in there as his power is cumulative not one punch.
Arturo Gatti has faced mediocre, class C fighters just like himself. KOing class C fighters should not put you in the top of "hardest punchers"
Acelino Fretias???? you have got to be kiddin me, yes his one punch KO against Barrios was impressive, but he has also not shown enough against good opposition.
Mike Tyson should be on that list but not Top 3

Wilfredo Gomez was the hardest punching 122-126 in the history of boxing out of 44 wins he has 42 kos, much of which were one punch KOS.
Duran should be on that list
Foreman should be higher
Joe Louis should also be mentioned

JuicyJuice
06-04-2006, 12:00 PM
No he didnt. Mcclellan took both of their punches and he kept standing(You know damn well what i mean). Mcclellan's punches looked the hardest. He put his full body weight into those right hands and he was built like a true puncher. With those broad shoulders and strong legs etc.

The man in my sig was the hardest puncher ever p4p.
If G-Man's punches did carry more force than Benn's, it's because the guy was a light-heavy/cruiser who could make middleweight. Benn on the otherhand was a small middleweight, and didn't need to throw his entire body into punches to knock ****ers out.

Benn was stronger than McClellan, and hit HARDER. But McClellan's punches were heavy due to his technique.

Geodudepokemon
06-04-2006, 12:29 PM
I think the hardest puncher is probably Mike Tyson, I saw him knock a guy a metre away!

chris_cov
06-04-2006, 04:00 PM
names that come to mind when thinking of p4p hardest hitters.

in no order:
jack dempsey 50 ko's in 62 wins
mike tyson 44 ko's in 50 wins
shannon briggs 41 ko's in 47 wins
george foreman 68 ko's in 76 wins
rocky marciano 43 ko's in 49 fights
naseem hammed 31 ko's in 36 wins
nigel benn 35 ko's in 42 wins
wilfredo gomez 42 ko's in 44 wins

chris_cov
06-04-2006, 04:02 PM
oh **** i forgot to mention gerrald mcclenan who had 29 ko's from 31 fights.

Yaman
06-04-2006, 04:21 PM
If G-Man's punches did carry more force than Benn's, it's because the guy was a light-heavy/cruiser who could make middleweight. Benn on the otherhand was a small middleweight, and didn't need to throw his entire body into punches to knock ****ers out.

Benn was stronger than McClellan, and hit HARDER. But McClellan's punches were heavy due to his technique.

A MiddleWEIGHT is a middleweight. And you forgot to mention that Benn had 3 pounds on Gman? And he was nearly 10 pounds heavier aswell before he met Mcclellan. So its not about size because Benn was built pretty big..same as Tyson.

I dont see how Benn was stronger either, their strenght was about equal, but punching power was all Mcclellan.

grayfist
06-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Conversations on the hardest punchers remind me of John "The Beast" Mugabi, an Australia-based Ugandan, who, before meeting Marvin Hagler, took out all of his 25 previous opponents, going to the tenth round only once, to the 6th twice and to the 5th once. He registered ten 1st round stoppages, 6 second round KOs/TKOs, 1 in the third and the rest in the 4th. The feat got him the lofty ranking seldom seen: Number 1 in all alphabet listings (one of the very few times that the alphabet boys agreed on something).

Marvin stopped him in the 11th.

In his first fight following the debacle in the hands of Hagler, Mugabi was picked by the WBC to take on Duanne Thomas for its Middleweight crown that had been relinquished by Thomas Hearns. Mugabi won the first two rounds on all judges' scorecards and media at ringside but inexplicably turned his back on Thomas within the first minute of the third. There were shouts of a fix, a dive--of some sort. Others opined that, seeing Thomas still upright by the third, "The Beast" lost heart.

Mugabi took a little over a year off to nurse his psychological wounds then returned to the ring against the 12-2 Bryan Grant whom he dispatched in two. His next ten opponents fell on or before the fourth round. One of those ten, however, which is his first round TKO victory over Rene Jacquot in France, was one that he got not from a punch he threw-- Jacquot slipped, broke his ankle and was declared unfit to continue; thus, Mugabi was handed the WBC LightMiddle tiara.

The Beast tried to keep in shape by facing two opponents who didn't give him much time to fine tune as they were in a bit of a hurry to call it a night. They fell, one after the other, on the very first round.

Then in March 1990, a date with Terry Norris. A left hook within the first minute of the bout staggered Mugabi badly. Norris followed up with a barrage punctuated by another left hook that put Mugabi down. Mugabi rose but fell on the ref, Eddie Eckert, while taking out his mouthpiece. Eckert told Mugabi to put the shield back into his mouth and told the protagonists to resume hostilities. Norris was all over Mugabi for some two minutes but failed to finish him. Then, with a mere three seconds remaining, Norris unleashed a right that landed on Mugabi's jaw.

It has been said that, "Music can tame the heart of a beast." The ringing in "The Beast's" ears could not have been that type of music but did the same job.

The Ring dubbed it "Knock Out of the Year, 1990."

Mugabi rested for a year and some four months before resuming his KO ways, taking out journeymen James Williamson and Kevin Whaeley in the third and fourth, respectively. Then, the figure of Gerald McClellan loomed. They met. Mugabi fell with barely six seconds remaining in the first.

From December 1980 (his debut) to November 1991, Mugabi was deep into abbreviations: either he shortened fights or his foes (Hagler, Norris and G-Man) shortened them for him.

JuicyJuice
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
A MiddleWEIGHT is a middleweight. And you forgot to mention that Benn had 3 pounds on Gman? And he was nearly 10 pounds heavier aswell before he met Mcclellan. So its not about size because Benn was built pretty big..same as Tyson.

I dont see how Benn was stronger either, their strenght was about equal, but punching power was all Mcclellan.
Benn weighed no more than 168 at super-middle, infact he had to build himself up to that weight.

McClellan though fought at 180+ every time and remained chiseled.

JuicyJuice
06-05-2006, 03:53 PM
And the early Benn hit harder than any McClellan or Jackson, no question.

Yaman
06-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Agree to disagree.

I have seen Jackson, Benn(Not just his bout with Gman), and Mcclellan's punches and i truly believe Mcclellan hit the hardest. He just didn't connect at all times. Boy, if he hit benn flush on the chin with his full power just once, it would've been over, but he didnt. So anyway, Mcclellan knew how to put his full body weight into his punches and he really swung aswell, and being built like he was i think he hit the hardest P4P.

The Raging Bull
06-06-2006, 07:28 AM
I remember watching McClellan when i was little cant remember who against (i was about 7 :p ) and his punches wer nuclear bombs!

jason100x
06-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Conversations on the hardest punchers remind me of John "The Beast" Mugabi, an Australia-based Ugandan, who, before meeting Marvin Hagler, took out all of his 25 previous opponents, going to the tenth round only once, to the 6th twice and to the 5th once. He registered ten 1st round stoppages, 6 second round KOs/TKOs, 1 in the third and the rest in the 4th. The feat got him the lofty ranking seldom seen: Number 1 in all alphabet listings (one of the very few times that the alphabet boys agreed on something).

Marvin stopped him in the 11th.

In his first fight following the debacle in the hands of Hagler, Mugabi was picked by the WBC to take on Duanne Thomas for its Middleweight crown that had been relinquished by Thomas Hearns. Mugabi won the first two rounds on all judges' scorecards and media at ringside but inexplicably turned his back on Thomas within the first minute of the third. There were shouts of a fix, a dive--of some sort. Others opined that, seeing Thomas still upright by the third, "The Beast" lost heart.

Mugabi took a little over a year off to nurse his psychological wounds then returned to the ring against the 12-2 Bryan Grant whom he dispatched in two. His next ten opponents fell on or before the fourth round. One of those ten, however, which is his first round TKO victory over Rene Jacquot in France, was one that he got not from a punch he threw-- Jacquot slipped, broke his ankle and was declared unfit to continue; thus, Mugabi was handed the WBC LightMiddle tiara.

The Beast tried to keep in shape by facing two opponents who didn't give him much time to fine tune as they were in a bit of a hurry to call it a night. They fell, one after the other, on the very first round.

Then in March 1990, a date with Terry Norris. A left hook within the first minute of the bout staggered Mugabi badly. Norris followed up with a barrage punctuated by another left hook that put Mugabi down. Mugabi rose but fell on the ref, Eddie Eckert, while taking out his mouthpiece. Eckert told Mugabi to put the shield back into his mouth and told the protagonists to resume hostilities. Norris was all over Mugabi for some two minutes but failed to finish him. Then, with a mere three seconds remaining, Norris unleashed a right that landed on Mugabi's jaw.

It has been said that, "Music can tame the heart of a beast." The ringing in "The Beast's" ears could not have been that type of music but did the same job.

The Ring dubbed it "Knock Out of the Year, 1990."

Mugabi rested for a year and some four months before resuming his KO ways, taking out journeymen James Williamson and Kevin Whaeley in the third and fourth, respectively. Then, the figure of Gerald McClellan loomed. They met. Mugabi fell with barely six seconds remaining in the first.

From December 1980 (his debut) to November 1991, Mugabi was deep into abbreviations: either he shortened fights or his foes (Hagler, Norris and G-Man) shortened them for him.

I'm glad someone brought up Mugabi. When I was a kid he was one of my favorite fighters, I remember being impressed by all of those 1st round wins.

ROSEWOOD
06-06-2006, 01:21 PM
gotta go with Foreman then Tyson..

grayfist
06-06-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm glad someone brought up Mugabi. When I was a kid he was one of my favorite fighters, I remember being impressed by all of those 1st round wins.A pleasure to do it. If you love first round KO's (and, I guess not many don't), then, following Edwin Valero who has consecutively KO'd 18 of 19 foes in the very first round and one in the second to tote a 19-0 record should provide some thrills for you. Valero is facing Vicente Mosqueda in Panama in August--his first real test--for the WBA Jr. Light diadem.

Many don't like Valero seeing him to be raw. With a punch like that one cannot really compile ring experience-- he ended his fights so early, he hadn't put in the rounds. Moreover, a number point to his not having been granted a license to fight in the U.S. for medical reasons (something about a brain injury discovered during a pre-fight medical check-up in New York some years back), citing the possibility that Valero can be fatally injured if he faced quality opposition.

I'm, keeping tabs on Valero, earnestly hoping that nothing bad would happen to him. I also want to find out if he becomes another Mugabi or....

mrrcool
07-08-2007, 06:34 AM
george foreman end of story :boxing:

ceboxer15
07-08-2007, 09:33 AM

You finally said something right.

Brockton Lip
07-08-2007, 09:53 AM
You finally said something right.

Actually no he messed up again. George isn't the hardest hitter, especially not P4P.

Southpaw Stinger
07-08-2007, 10:29 AM
p4p well you have to look at the guys like Julian Jackson, Gerald McClellan, Nigel Benn who were all basicly middleweights with heavyweight power.

hemichromis
07-08-2007, 05:57 PM
tommy hearns is a big contender he carried his power from welter to cruiserweight this means at welter he muct have been none of the best p4p

julian jackson is my pick however

Orange Sneakers
07-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Benn, Wilde and Hamed were sickness

catskills23
07-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Mike Tyson without a doubt . Lennox lewis said before they fought that when he sparred with tyson when they were kids that the punches he took were some of the hardest shots he had taken through out his whole carrer . He said even back then tysons power was unreal . If tyson punched harder than nearly all heavyweight at 17 . Imagine how hard he punched when he was 21.

Brassangel
07-11-2007, 03:09 PM
catskills23 wrote:
Mike Tyson without a doubt . Lennox lewis said before they fought that when he sparred with tyson when they were kids that the punches he took were some of the hardest shots he had taken through out his whole carrer . He said even back then tysons power was unreal . If tyson punched harder than nearly all heavyweight at 17 . Imagine how hard he punched when he was 21.

Probably not as hard, since he spent his run as champion/post-champion hungover, and on less than 3 weeks of training at a time.

MoneyINC
07-11-2007, 05:12 PM
defintley Aaron Pryor

Je'Wayne Johnso
07-11-2007, 07:02 PM
That's easy George Foreman!

Jim_Davis
07-11-2007, 09:00 PM
My sig...

End of thread

Verstyle
07-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Rocky Marciano.

mrrcool
07-12-2007, 01:21 AM

jabsRstiff
07-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Jackson
Shavers
Foster
Hearns
Louis
Foreman
Arguello
Zarate
Cuevas
Rosario
Spinks (at lt. heavy)

Brassangel
07-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Marciano HAS to be on a p4p power list. 185 pounds blasting people larger than himself, even late into a fight, after taking incredible punishment.

AntonTheMeh
09-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Wilfredo Gomez Period.

Panamaniac
09-29-2007, 03:29 AM
Mike Tyson
George Foreman
Sonny Liston
Gerry Cooney
Roberto Durán
Carlos Zárate
Rubén Olivares
Carlos Monzón
Earnie Shavers
Jack Dempsey
Pipino Cuevas
Julio Cesar Chavez
Thomas Hearns
Bob Foster
Michael Spinks
Cleveland Williams
Lennox Lewis
Aaron Pryor
Joe Louis
Rocky Marciano

Jim Jeffries
10-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Have to agree with you on Archie Moore. But he took quite a beating in his fight with Ali

Ummmm....... Moore was 49 years old when he fought Ali, look how pathetic Holmes looked fighting at 38 against Tyson.

Jim Jeffries
10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
names that come to mind when thinking of p4p hardest hitters.

in no order:
jack dempsey 50 ko's in 62 wins
mike tyson 44 ko's in 50 wins
shannon briggs 41 ko's in 47 wins
george foreman 68 ko's in 76 wins
rocky marciano 43 ko's in 49 fights
naseem hammed 31 ko's in 36 wins
nigel benn 35 ko's in 42 wins
wilfredo gomez 42 ko's in 44 wins

How about Vitali Klitschko, 34 ko's in 35 wins, with the highest ko percentage of any Heavyweight champion ever.

Yaman
10-19-2007, 01:11 PM
How about Vitali Klitschko, 34 ko's in 35 wins, with the highest ko percentage of any Heavyweight champion ever.

Against mostly tomato cans(I'm talking about the decent ones, like from Walmart) and failing to bring Lennox Lewis down in a 6 round slugfest.

Hawk O'Connor
10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
I vote Julian Jackson.

lyrical
10-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Tyson and Hamed

them_apples
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Foreman, shavers and Tyson, those stand out the most to me.

Tua, Lewis, bob foster and tommy hearns are some other names I can think of right now...

hemichromis
10-20-2007, 06:01 AM
hearns sticks in my mind who else knocks out quality fighters the way he used to? julian jackson nigel benn and naseem hamed are powerhouses also.

earnie shavers probably had the most powerful punch of any boxer ever

Tuggers1986
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
George Foreman

Steak
10-20-2007, 01:41 PM
I dont care about the rest, but the top two are undebatably Julian Jackson and Thomas Hearns. Hearns started at Welterweight and was a monsterous puncher, and went up to Light Heavyweight and was still a very feared puncher. You dont see that kind of stuff happen. And he was a one punch=knockout kind of guy, too.

Julian Jackson changed fights with one punch in almost every fight. He would be getting his ass kicked in a good majority of his fights, and would just explode and destroy people in a split second. No fighter in any other weight class had that kind of power punching.

and were talkin about power punching, not wearing opponents down.

Jim Jeffries
10-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Against mostly tomato cans(I'm talking about the decent ones, like from Walmart) and failing to bring Lennox Lewis down in a 6 round slugfest.

Gee, he didn't knock out one of the top 15 heavyweights in history (even though he was ahead on points,) he must have been a bum. Show me a fighter who's record isn't padded with tomatoe cans, that's how you build a perfect enough record to get a title shot (unless you win a gold medal.)

Yaman
10-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Gee, he didn't knock out one of the top 15 heavyweights in history (even though he was ahead on points,) he must have been a bum. Show me a fighter who's record isn't padded with tomatoe cans, that's how you build a perfect enough record to get a title shot (unless you win a gold medal.)

You are pointing at his KO%. Talking about it like it's something so significant. He's nowhere near the hardest hitters ever, best finishers ever, best punchers ever etc. Before fighting a good chinned fighter in Byrd, he did not KO anyone noteworthy. And after that, he continued to go and hit Lewis more than anyone else and could not get him down atleast once in 6 rounds even though this man was KO'd twice by single punches.

And keep in mind that I'm not trashing Klitchko's legacy and I certainly didn't call him a bum. He's just overrated in the KO department.

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
I think Jackson and Foreman are probably the hardest punchers of all-time.
The young Foreman wasn't that hard of a puncher as he couldn't knock out the lesser opponents as quick as Tyson did to his. Tyson hits harder and more affective than Foreman.

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Ummmm....... Moore was 49 years old when he fought Ali, look how pathetic Holmes looked fighting at 38 against Tyson.
How did Holmes look pathetic kid, if anything he was more confident for this fight than any other. He wanted to destroy Tyson and was going 15 rounds sparring just to prove how ready he was.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m861f99Nkvk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m861f99Nkvk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 09:55 PM

rounds

Bull****, not all of Marciano's knockouts were from one punch. He ran his opponents into the later rounds and knocked the out with either a two punch combination or a rabbit punch to the back of the head. Besides the point most of his opponents were hand picked club fighters that were over weight. He runs into a light heavyweight by the name of Ezzard Charles and couldn't even knock him out in their first fight. Last time I checked Tyson knocked all of his opponents that were light heavyweights early and with Spink one punch. Marciano's power is clearly over rated in my opinion.

knocking light heavyweights and over weight club fighting heavyweights doesn't make you a powerful puncher

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:03 PM
The most devastating punchers or hardest hitting punchers I've ever witnessed were Jackson, Foreman, Shavers, McClellan, Mugabi, Chavez (look what he did to Taylor), and Tyson...Duran hit pretty hard too. I never saw Wilde so I wouldn't know about his power. Marciano is on this list as well.

As for one punch power I think Jackson was probably the guy most likely to change a fight with one punch.
Have you ever seen super heavyweights fly through the air with one punch? Tyson did this and did with a punch that he claimed was his second best, his left hook. If there is any fighter who can change a fight with one punch it's Mike Tyson. Had he been a bit taller I think his power would have been that much more dangerous and affective.

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Bull****, not all of Marciano's knockouts were from one punch. He ran his opponents into the later rounds and knocked the out with either a two punch combination or a rabbit punch to the back of the head. Besides the point most of his opponents were hand picked club fighters that were over weight. He runs into a light heavyweight by the name of Ezzard Charles and couldn't even knock him out in their first fight. Last time I checked Tyson knocked all of his opponents that were light heavyweights early and with Spink one punch. Marciano's power is clearly over rated in my opinion.

knocking light heavyweights and over weight club fighting heavyweights doesn't make you a powerful puncher

And what a masterful job he did against former cruiserweight Evander Holyfield :haha:

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Hands down, Marciano.

49-0 with the highest KO% (89%) of any heavyweight champion in history.

Jack Dempsey who is one of the toughest boxers who ever lived has said himself that for one-punch KO power, Marciano was the best there ever was.

Joe Louis admitted that even in his prime he would not have been able to handle Marciano's onslaught.

Broke Roland LaStarza's forearms with gloved fists... sick.

After the rock, you have to consider a few... Tyson, Shavers and Foreman come to mind.

I know I only mentioned the heavyweights but in all honesty the lighter fighters would never get by on KO power alone, a heavyweight could make a nice career based solely on power. Because of this the heavyweights tend to be more about KO and less about boxing skill, the division just breeds heavy hitters, even when talking "P4P".
Like I have said before, more than a hand full of over aged light heavyweights and blown up club fighting heavyweights doesn't turn your resume into something spectacular. For that matter he didn't have a real one punch KO. He knocked his opponents in the later rounds and with most of the time a two punch KO. Marciano would never knock out the likes of Foreman Tyson Holmes Ali Mercer Tua Frazier etc. His power is only shown great against bums and light heavyweights sorry.

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
tyson has to be the all time best, look at the way he knocked out frazier's son, that was scary
Frazier's son used the same defense his father used, the only difference is Tyson was a pressure fighter just like Frazier and refused to move backwards. Tyson exposed Frazier of that whack defense by laying down uppercuts. Actually only one did it a right uppercut that sent Frazier's head flying into the air.

Just like Foreman did against Joe Tyson did against his son. They both exposed these men of having the most obvious defense ever around in the heavyweight division with that up and down head movement perfect for an uppercut artist like Tyson!

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Like I have said before, more than a hand full of over aged light heavyweights and blown up club fighting heavyweights doesn't turn your resume into something spectacular. For that matter he didn't have a real one punch KO. He knocked his opponents in the later rounds and with most of the time a two punch KO. Marciano would never knock out the likes of Foreman Tyson Holmes Ali Mercer Tua Frazier etc. His power is only shown great against bums and light heavyweights sorry.

For all the crap you talk about people downing Tyson for this very reason now you're downing Marciano? Kind of hypocritical since the very same thing can be leveled against Tyson. Besides, it's a proven fact that Marciano had one the most powerful right hands in the history of the heavyweight division...

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hawk

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:11 PM
And what a masterful job he did against former cruiserweight Evander Holyfield :haha:
Yes the same Holyfield who was juiced up on Roids. The same Holyfield who headbutts more than he throws his fists. I'm talking about the Tyson prior to prison you ****ing moron!

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:12 PM
For all the crap you talk about people downing Tyson for this very reason now you're downing Marciano? Kind of hypocritical since the very same thing can be leveled against Tyson. Besides, it's a proven fact that Marciano had one the most powerful right hands in the history of the heavyweight division...

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hawk
I'm not downing Marciano because fact is both Tyson and Marciano had simular careers with who they faced but I still lean towards Tyson's line up being far better and primed than Marciano's.

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes the same Holyfield who was juiced up on Roids. The same Holyfield who headbutts more than he throws his fists. I'm talking about the Tyson prior to prison you ****ing moron!

:lame:

:peeright: metalinmybrain "peeleft:

Again with the unwarranted name calling...are you not able to carry on a debate with that or is your vocabulary as limited as your boxing knowledge???

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:17 PM
You must be ****ing retarded pal. Tyson knocked a **** load of his opponents down or out with one punch. Foreman at a young age wasn't doing much and never impressed me. His knockout over Frazier is the only glamorous knock out I have seen of his.

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:21 PM
OK OK cry baby I will stop with the name calling sense your panties are obviously bundling up into your anus! Hawkins you need a :bottle: :puke: Hawkins

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:23 PM
You must be ****ing retarded pal. Tyson knocked a **** load of his opponents down or out with one punch. Foreman at a young age wasn't doing much and never impressed me. His knockout over Frazier is the only glamorous knock out I have seen of his.

Not seen alot of Foreman fights have you? Foreman is one the hardest, and could be argued as THE hardest, punchers in the history of the division. Young Foreman was a pre-eminent KO artist.

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:24 PM
OK OK cry baby I will stop with the name calling sense your panties are obviously bundling up into your anus! Hawkins you need a :bottle: :puke: Hawkins

Name calling and that crap are what ruin most forums. No need for it here, its not warranted.

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Name calling and that crap are what ruin most forums. No need for it here, its not warranted.
Alright Hawkins you want a more reasonable argument than I will give you one. Look at Foreman's record than look at Tyson's it clearly shows who is the better knockout artist pal! Tyson wins!

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Not seen alot of Foreman fights have you? Foreman is one the hardest, and could be argued as THE hardest, punchers in the history of the division. Young Foreman was a pre-eminent KO artist.
Jose Torres , NY Boxing commisioner:
'Mike Tyson is so fast and so powerful that it is almost impossible to resist the guy's punching power. Wherever he hits you, you're going to feel it. He reminds me maybe of George Foreman, but Tyson's much faster than Foreman. He reminds me in style of Rocky Marciano, but he's much faster than Marciano, and he's much bigger, 217 pounds. And he's faster and much more powerful than Joe Frazier, with a better hook. I really have no one to compare him with in terms of punching power.'

Just to clear the air!

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Alright Hawkins you want a more reasonable argument than I will give you one. Look at Foreman's record than look at Tyson's it clearly shows who is the better knockout artist pal! Tyson wins!

Last I looked Foreman had somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 KO's and Tyson's was around 45 - 46.

Wow, you really showed me something with that tidbit of knowledge.

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Jose Torres , NY Boxing commisioner:
'Mike Tyson is so fast and so powerful that it is almost impossible to resist the guy's punching power. Wherever he hits you, you're going to feel it. He reminds me maybe of George Foreman, but Tyson's much faster than Foreman. He reminds me in style of Rocky Marciano, but he's much faster than Marciano, and he's much bigger, 217 pounds. And he's faster and much more powerful than Joe Frazier, with a better hook. I really have no one to compare him with in terms of punching power.'

Just to clear the air!

Clear the air of what? I never said a word about, nor denied. Tyson's superior handspeed to most heavyweights...in fact if you look thru these threads you'll see where I praised Tyson for being so quick with his fists.

Thats what made Tyson so lethal. Hit hard and hit fast.

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Clear the air of what? I never said a word about, nor denied. Tyson's superior handspeed to most heavyweights...in fact if you look thru these threads you'll see where I praised Tyson for being so quick with his fists.

Thats what made Tyson so lethal. Hit hard and hit fast.
Foreman In 81 fights he has 68 knockouts. Tyson in 58 fights he has 44 knockouts. First round knockouts 23 for Tyson which is third next to Shavers and Dempsey whom both had more fights than Tyson. This alone proves how much power Tyson had and how much more he had than Foreman.

Remember Alex Stewart who fought both Holyfield and Foreman said Tyson hit harder than both of them! What now "Hawkins"?

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Foreman In 81 fights he has 68 knockouts. Tyson in 58 fights he has 44 knockouts. First round knockouts 23 for Tyson which is third next to Shavers and Dempsey whom both had more fights than Tyson. This alone proves how much power Tyson had and how much more he had than Foreman.

Remember Alex Stewart who fought both Holyfield and Foreman said Tyson hit harder than both of them! What now "Hawkins"?

Well we'll go to your original assessment. Tyson was a much better KO Artist than the young Foreman.

Before George's comeback he had 46 fights with 43 ending in KO.

What now metalhead?

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Well we'll go to your original assessment. Tyson was a much better KO Artist than the young Foreman.

What now metalhead?
An excuse to the ending records pal. Fact is and let me say that againt FACT is Tyson is a better KO artist. Which means he is a more powerful puncher. Zouski Stewart Savarese all these men have said Tyson was the hardest puncher they have faced. All these men have faced Foreman and his power. Like it was said before the last thing you lose is your power. What is your excuse now Hawkid!

metalinmybrain
10-27-2007, 11:05 PM

What now metalhead?

Hawkid got :owned:

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 11:08 PM
An excuse to the ending records pal. Fact is and let me say that againt FACT is Tyson is a better KO artist. Which means he is a more powerful puncher. Zouski Stewart Savarese all these men have said Tyson was the hardest puncher they have faced. All these men have faced Foreman and his power. Like it was said before the last thing you lose is your power. What is your excuse now Hawkid!

The fact is young Foreman had a higher KO percentage. Fact is most people think Tyson had faster handspeed as opposed to overall power as compared to Foreman.

Your opinion is yours and yours alone. However, most people give the edge of overall power to Foreman. Tyson had three times the handspeed of Foreman and thats how he does the most damage and thats not debatable. The opinion that Tyson hit harder is a subjective opinion with which is mostly in the minority.

Hawk O'Connor
10-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Hawkid got :owned:

LOL :haha:

Whatever you say you expert you. :ugh:

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 12:29 AM
LOL :haha:

Whatever you say you expert you. :ugh:
Put a brick wall in front of both Tyson and Foreman and Tyson would blow a hole through it first. That is power hawkid! No matter how you see it, when it comes to power Tyson has it all and in both hands something Foreman does not!

Opinion right? So I guess your replies aren't opinions? Get it straight pal, your opinion is your opinion just as much as mine. When you have an 18 year old knocking heavyweights twice his size into the air what else would you call that but pure power. Foreman at that age wasn't even close to the power of Tyson, he didn't gain his power until later into his career. Had Tyson not been ****ed by all the troubles in his life we would have seen an even stronger more powerful Tyson. Tyson being so young with that much power alone proves how much of a natural powerhouse he was compared to Foreman.

He was a kid knocking out grown men, something Foreman could only wish to do. He hit Mitch "blood" green with one punch in the streets and literally broke his entire left side of his face, ONE PUNCH!!! For his size, Tyson was beyond the hardest puncher of all time he was also the smallest. Foreman has leverage because of his size, put him into a Tyson body frame and Foreman is just another normal hitter.

Like I said, put both men in front of a brick wall where it isn't moving to test their power and Tyson would knock a hole through it first.

How can first round knockouts not mean anything to the credit of Tyson's raw power pal? How many first round knockouts does Foreman have, not enough to compare to Tyson's that is for damn sure. Foreman may have extreme power but he most certainly does not have the one punch power of Iron Mike Tyson.

Peace out Hawkid, time for you to go to sleep it's passed your bed time! Metalinmybrain:twak:Hawkid

Hawk O'Connor
10-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Put a brick wall in front of both Tyson and Foreman and Tyson would blow a hole through it first. That is power hawkid! No matter how you see it, when it comes to power Tyson has it all and in both hands something Foreman does not!

Opinion right? So I guess your replies aren't opinions? Get it straight pal, your opinion is your opinion just as much as mine. When you have an 18 year old knocking heavyweights twice his size into the air what else would you call that but pure power. Foreman at that age wasn't even close to the power of Tyson, he didn't gain his power until later into his career. Had Tyson not been ****ed by all the troubles in his life we would have seen an even stronger more powerful Tyson. Tyson being so young with that much power alone proves how much of a natural powerhouse he was compared to Foreman.

He was a kid knocking out grown men, something Foreman could only wish to do. He hit Mitch "blood" green with one punch in the streets and literally broke his entire left side of his face, ONE PUNCH!!! For his size, Tyson was beyond the hardest puncher of all time he was also the smallest. Foreman has leverage because of his size, put him into a Tyson body frame and Foreman is just another normal hitter.

Like I said, put both men in front of a brick wall where it isn't moving to test their power and Tyson would knock a hole through it first.

How can first round knockouts not mean anything to the credit of Tyson's raw power pal? How many first round knockouts does Foreman have, not enough to compare to Tyson's that is for damn sure. Foreman may have extreme power but he most certainly does not have the one punch power of Iron Mike Tyson.

Peace out Hawkid, time for you to go to sleep it's passed your bed time! Metalinmybrain:twak:Hawkid

Punch thru a brick wall? Hmmm...ok.

Regarding opinions I have stated many times on this messageboard I respect anyones opinion because thats exactly what it is, an opinion. However if they cannot express that opinion in a respectful way its a moot point. You just need to grow up and learn how to debate in a mature fashion.

Anyways,I don't understand what your argument is. Did you ever see me, at anypoint deny Tyson had knockout power? Furthermore did I not state that Tyson had the quickest hands and combined with his power made him deadly?

I do not see where the conflict is. Foreman hit alot harder and had the higher KO% before his comeback. Is that refutable? Did Foreman not have a higher KO %? If I remember correctly, until his return to the sport, he had the highest KO % in history at something like 91%.

But whatever this is pointless because its clear you get off on trying to be 'inflammatory' on a messageboard. If that gets your rocks off then power to you 'pal'.

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Punch thru a brick wall? Hmmm...ok.

Regarding opinions I have stated many times on this messageboard I respect anyones opinion because thats exactly what it is, an opinion. However if they cannot express that opinion in a respectful way its a moot point. You just need to grow up and learn how to debate in a mature fashion.

Anyways,I don't understand what your argument is. Did you ever see me, at anypoint deny Tyson had knockout power? Furthermore did I not state that Tyson had the quickest hands and combined with his power made him deadly?

I do not see where the conflict is. Foreman hit alot harder and had the higher KO% before his comeback. Is that refutable? Did Foreman not have a higher KO %? If I remember correctly, until his return to the sport, he had the highest KO % in history at something like 91%.

But whatever this is pointless because its clear you get off on trying to be 'inflammatory' on a messageboard. If that gets your rocks off then power to you 'pal'.

Who would you rather get hit by hawkid?

Hawk O'Connor
10-28-2007, 01:09 AM
Who would you rather get hit by hawkid?

What exactly does this have to with anything?

Jim Jeffries
10-28-2007, 01:16 AM
I remeber Shannon Briggs (saying of George Foreman) "He hit me so hard I thought I saw the messiah"

And that was a 48 year old Foreman.

Jim Jeffries
10-28-2007, 01:19 AM

Well Vitali Klitschko had 34 KO's in 37 fights (the highest KO percentage of any world champ). Does that mean he hit harder than Tyson and Foreman?

We want Floyd
10-28-2007, 02:03 AM
PACMAN has got to be one of the hardest P4P of all-time. He may not be the ko artist that he once was. but when you've put three FHOF all on their @sses known for their granite chins, that speaks volumes of what kind of a puncher he is!

And mind you, you've never seen MAB, EM, and JMM bruised and battered in winning, drawing, or losing to any other opponent besides PACMAN. Sure, MAB's been on his @ss before, but PACMAN destroyed two of 'em and sent one packing to Indonesia.

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Well Vitali Klitschko had 34 KO's in 37 fights (the highest KO percentage of any world champ). Does that mean he hit harder than Tyson and Foreman?

Please look at the record of Klitschko and the opponents he was facing. Please, Vitali is a great fighter, but by no means was he a great KO artist. No way in hell buddy!:boxing:

catskills23
10-28-2007, 12:23 PM

I am as big a tyson fan as anyone . but your facts are wrong . Saverese said foreman punched harder than tyson . Stewart said holyfield hit harder than tyson and foreman and zouski said that both guys hit really hard but never said who hit harder.

The Iron Man
10-28-2007, 01:08 PM
When did stewart say Holyfield can hit harder? Pretty stupid seen as Tyson KOd him in one round!

them_apples
10-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Savarese said Foreman hit harder? why on earth would he say that if Tyson sent him reeling across the ring 2 times in the first round.

Foreman hit him multiple times in the head and still couldn't drop him, Ether Savarese is living in denial or that statement is BS.

Brunswick Assassin
10-28-2007, 07:36 PM
Here's my list guys:

Sam Langford - An incredible 130 ko in 314 fights.
Sandy Saddler - Murderous 103 ko in in 145 fights.
Archie Moore - Another Murderous 145 ko in 194 fights.
Joe Louis - And another Murderous 55 ko 72 fights.
Jack Dempsey - Brutal 51 ko in 83 fights.

Most people wouldn't even trade stamps with these guys let alone punches!

Wiley Hyena
10-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Here's my list guys:

Sam Langford - An incredible 130 ko in 314 fights.
Sandy Saddler - Murderous 103 ko in in 145 fights.
Archie Moore - Another Murderous 145 ko in 194 fights.
Joe Louis - And another Murderous 55 ko 72 fights.
Jack Dempsey - Brutal 51 ko in 83 fights.

Most people wouldn't even trade stamps with these guys let alone punches!
Gotta throw Fitzsimmons in there too. And to be fair, it's awful hard to exclude Foreman from that list. Although Dempsey for my money is the man.

Brunswick Assassin
10-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Gotta throw Fitzsimmons in there too. And to be fair, it's awful hard to exclude Foreman from that list. Although Dempsey for my money is the man.

Oh man! How could I forget Bob Fitzsimmons 'Triple World champ' and first ever boxer to win LightHeavy and Heavy Titles. 44ko in 82 fights across three different weight divisions is some feat! Willard even admitted that Dempsey beat him to within an inch of his life and that he wasn't fighting for the Heavy Title he was fighting for his life!!! When a man comes out and says that about Dempsey you don't wanna play with him!

Brunswick Assassin
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
George Foreman also had crippling power in his shots! Once he hit you you were going to sleep! The way he dismantled Frazier twice was astonishing!

Hawk O'Connor
10-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh man! How could I forget Bob Fitzsimmons 'Triple World champ' and first ever boxer to win LightHeavy and Heavy Titles. 44ko in 82 fights across three different weight divisions is some feat! Willard even admitted that Dempsey beat him to within an inch of his life and that he wasn't fighting for the Heavy Title he was fighting for his life!!! When a man comes out and says that about Dempsey you don't wanna play with him!

What about Stanley Ketchel?? He has to be one of the most murderous punchers in history as well. The Michigan Assassin was a middleweight and he was putting heavyweights down.

Brunswick Assassin
10-28-2007, 08:19 PM
What about Stanley Ketchel?? He has to be one of the most murderous punchers in history as well. The Michigan Assassin was a middleweight and he was putting heavyweights down.

Absolutely! It was so sad that Ketchel's life was cut so short! Who knows what this LEGEND could have gone to accomplish??? This guy didn't duck anyone! He didn't get the nickname 'Michigan Assassin' for nothing. Jimmy Wilde Ernie Shavers, Carlos Zararte, Wilfredo Gomez, Rubin Olivares, Sugar Ray Robinson, David Tua. Even Freitas thunderbolt on Barrios was awesome. Thomas Hearns right cross could easily take out Cruiserweights. Liston had the heaviest jab in Boxing History. All these guys were murderous punchers!!!

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 08:54 PM
I am as big a tyson fan as anyone . but your facts are wrong . Saverese said foreman punched harder than tyson . Stewart said holyfield hit harder than tyson and foreman and zouski said that both guys hit really hard but never said who hit harder.

My facts are wrong? Get out of here kid, who the hell are you to turn things around. Stewart literally threw in the towel against Tyson because he hit that hard. All of Tyson's opponents who faced him that couldn't take his punch power gave up mentally, either that or they couldn't hit him. In this case Stewart couldn't take his power, but stood there with Foreman all the way. Stewart literally said Tyson hits harder than Foreman. Also said Holyfield wasn't hurting me more than the ref did by stopping the fight. An 8th round TKO not knocked off his feet pal. Said Tyson hits harder than him. Saverese clearly stated that Tyson hit him the hardest he has ever been hit. He wasn't even pissed that the ref stopped the fight, he didn't even get paid for that fight. No matter he didn't want a rematch because he said Tyson was an animal in the ring who doesn't listen to the rules but hits as hard as bricks on his fists.

Get the hell out of here enough of your fairy tell bull **** stories.:owned:

them_apples
10-28-2007, 08:58 PM
way to tell him metalinmybrain, I'm sick of people fantasizing about there older fighters mythical punching power, Foreman hit hard no doubt, but look at his fights it took a lot of punches, with Tyson, 1.

Hawk O'Connor
10-28-2007, 09:01 PM
way to tell him metalinmybrain, I'm sick of people fantasizing about there older fighters mythical punching power, Foreman hit hard no doubt, but look at his fights it took a lot of punches, with Tyson, 1.

Well you know, it's very sickening the way people total discount the old school guys without knowing what they are talking about. Without the older guys to pave the way you wouldn't have your beloved Mike Tyson.

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 09:02 PM
When did stewart say Holyfield can hit harder? Pretty stupid seen as Tyson KOd him in one round!

The kid who made the statement on behalf of how hard Tyson hits is a complete joke. Stewart said Tyson hit him the hardest he has ever been hit, Savarese said it as well. Stewart in the ring with both Holyfield and Foreman and Savarese in the ring with Foreman. Might I add that the older Foreman was the heavier puncher of the Foreman prior to retirement.

This is a complete joke and shouldn't be taken serious. Just another desperate attempt to pass a bogus judgement on the behalf of your ignorant pleasure of seeing Tyson go down further. Get over it kid, Tyson hits harder than Foreman!

them_apples
10-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Well you know, it's very sickening the way people total discount the old school guys without knowing what they are talking about. Without the older guys to pave the way you wouldn't have your beloved Mike Tyson.

dude, I have LOTS of respect for the older fighters, don't get me wrong. Foreman is on my ATG list. But what I despise is the fantasy and folklore that is floating around them.

Yes they did pave the way for Mike, and Mike bettered them, just as Ali bettered Tunney. Get what I'm saying?

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM

I see boxing and it's progress though out years like this. In the early 30's or even the 50's with Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano the best fighters of those eras. What do you think life was like? How was the scenery. Now jump years ahead of this into the 70's and 80's or even 90's with Muhammad Ali Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield the best fighters of those eras. How was the scenery then, how much did life itself progress into the future?! As the years went on from the 30's and 50's into the 70's and up life was evolving just as fast as boxing was. No more living in black and white, the fighters of the future eras brought out the true colors of boxing and the 70's may have very well been the starting point for this occurrence.

No matter how you see it buddy, Mike Tyson would have dominated in any era because his skill and technique are that great. Also Cus D'Amato would have still been around and we all know how much he hates the mob and their filthy cheating actions. Won't mention any names Rocky Marciano.:owned:

Hawk O'Connor
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
dude, I have LOTS of respect for the older fighters, don't get me wrong. Foreman is on my ATG list. But what I despise is the fantasy and folklore that is floating around them.

Yes they did pave the way for Mike, and Mike bettered them, just as Ali bettered Tunney. Get what I'm saying?

Of course someone from this day and age is going to prevail over someone from years prior. Todays athletes are bigger, stronger and faster than ever before.

What you guys fail to realize is that the older fighters were alive today and had the benefits of the guys today then the playing field would be on an even keel. It is totally unfair to match them up without putting things in proper context.

With that being said, we are all guilty one sidedness when it comes to our favorites. Yes, I tend to slant things in the direction of the older guys at times and thats because thats what I love most about the sport and what I spend most of my times researching and studying - the history.

The same can be said for you - you lean toward the newer guys and think they are better. There is no crime in going all out for your favorite just do it with a little objectivity.

metalinmybrain
10-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Of course someone from this day and age is going to prevail over someone from years prior. Todays athletes are bigger, stronger and faster than ever before.

What you guys fail to realize is that the older fighters were alive today and had the benefits of the guys today then the playing field would be on an even keel. It is totally unfair to match them up without putting things in proper context.

With that being said, we are all guilty one sidedness when it comes to our favorites. Yes, I tend to slant things in the direction of the older guys at times and thats because thats what I love most about the sport and what I spend most of my times researching and studying - the history.

The same can be said for you - you lean toward the newer guys and think they are better. There is no crime in going all out for your favorite just do it with a little objectivity.

I understand everything your saying Hawkins believe me I do. I'm not some young punk who doesn't see things through thoroughly. I know can break down my anatomy of the sport without a problem. Your right about the older fighters having the benefits of what the newer ones have being the key to how they would do in these eras. If anything there was more toughness in the older eras as oppose to skill. When you think of it though, there is only so far toughness could get you, laying down the correct punch with the correct amount of force and any tough guy would turn into a *****. Its just the matter of skill level and the power to back it, that is how you stop a tough guy. Intimation played a bigger role back then because of how tough the fighters were, you couldn't knock them down with all you had so you fold up. I don't think people realize if your not mentally fit your not going to make it and you can lose this mental control at any time. One punch is all it takes to ends things if you have that one punch.

In all honesty I get what your saying I just don't really agree with your assessment of it!