View Full Version : Warren fights to stay on ITV

uppercut_84
06-20-2007, 03:18 PM
According to the Daily Mail, ITV and Warren have agreed to a new contract.

Look forward to more mismatched opponents getting knocked out.

duffgun
06-20-2007, 04:11 PM

thats good news though, we still get to see fights for free

*2TOUGH*
06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
thats good news though, we still get to see fights for free

Bobby Gun vs Valuev

CANTTTTTTT WAITTTTT

iron mike tyson
06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
thats great news for the british fan
with frank maloneys stable on sky sports (dont put witter on ppv again) and some big hbo fights
setanta looking to cover boxing in a big way in the next few years so alot of the american fights that sky pass on expect setanta to pick them up (thats why its wise to keep your subcription after hatton)
eurosport showing live european fights plus some good american fights have been shown live or delayed in the last year (jones jr valuev briggs ibrigimov to name a few fighters)

Randall_Hopkirk
06-20-2007, 04:49 PM
thats great news for the british fan
with frank maloneys stable on sky sports (dont put witter on ppv again) and some big hbo fights
setanta looking to cover boxing in a big way in the next few years so alot of the american fights that sky pass on expect setanta to pick them up (thats why its wise to keep your subcription after hatton)
eurosport showing live european fights plus some good american fights have been shown live or delayed in the last year (jones jr valuev briggs ibrigimov to name a few fighters)

Junior Witter was on PPV? wtf, who paid for that?

riza
06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
witter has never main-evented a ppv, he has been on a few undercards including the last hatton ppv

rooq
06-20-2007, 05:42 PM

remember that for every 3 crappy shows theres at least 1 decent one.

we can now look forward to the nicky cook and alex arthur title fights, khan-limond, calzaghe-kessler and macca-braithwaite (if these fights come off)

majestiC
06-20-2007, 06:11 PM
witter has never main-evented a ppv, he has been on a few undercards including the last hatton ppv

that's true jesus Witter is the most boring fighter i've ever watched

LemonChiff
06-20-2007, 06:55 PM
Warren is pathetic

No1
06-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Warren is pathetic
I hate frank warren. Thats why hatton left him cause he didnt get him title figths. Look now since hatton left warren all his fights have been for titles.

medium-deek
06-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Just be grateful. Without Warren, there would be no boxing on terrestrial TV in the UK. Yes, the BBC occasionally show amateur boxing, but thats crap and I have no interest in boring amateur boxing. Without Warren, boxing would practically get zero coverage. Just look at the recent Cotto/Judah fight. After the fight, I was watching Sky Sport News, BBC News 24 and Sky News. Jesus, not a single channel reported on the fight. If they did, it was just via text on the bottom of the screen. Cricket, golf and horse racing got priority. Appalling.

Decypher
06-24-2007, 08:15 AM

Are there any other articles about this? I can't find any with Google.

rooq
06-24-2007, 09:35 AM
i didn't think anything had been confirmed yet...and barry mcguigan joining duke mckenzie on setanta seemed to be a bad sign.

P29
06-24-2007, 11:30 AM
look forward to calzaghe-kessler if warren makes it happen, and probably more khan undercard bouts

duffgun
06-24-2007, 12:02 PM
look forward to calzaghe-kessler if warren makes it happen, and probably more khan undercard bouts

if it does go on to setanta i might get it, they have a fair number of foreign fights i think they had wlad byrd, and its not that expensive.

col Blake
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
you would'nt pay for the ****e Wank Warren puts on so it's just as well it's on ITV, his fighters never loose to their hand picked opponents, almost all of them are for the WBO, the title you can't give away.

duffgun
06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
you would'nt pay for the ****e Wank Warren puts on so it's just as well it's on ITV, his fighters never loose to their hand picked opponents, almost all of them are for the WBO, the title you can't give away.
no i wouldnt but i have been looking and they have a fair number of foreign fights