View Full Version : Froch vs Adamu

adietheforestfa
05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
According to Frank Warrens web site Froch will face Charles Adamu at M.E.N Arena Sept 22nd.

I Cant see the point in this fight as The Cobra has already beaten Adamu.

Only reason i can see is a warm up after knee surgery for The Cobra.

GEOFFHAYES
05-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Adamu was beating him last time

adietheforestfa
05-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Adamu was beating him last time

Adamu was saved by the bell at the end of the 8th. He was all over the place. And he was completely ****ed at end of 12th. Froch didnt even have a sweat on and he won by 3 rounds.
Adamu was 1 point ahead at end of 7th.

Its a 12 round fight. The half time score doesnt count.

GEOFFHAYES
05-22-2007, 11:56 PM
Adamu was saved by the bell at the end of the 8th. He was all over the place. And he was completely ****ed at end of 12th. Froch didnt even have a sweat on and he won by 3 rounds.
Adamu was 1 point ahead at end of 7th.

Its a 12 round fight. The half time score doesnt count.

I thought this was the cat Carl took out with a short right hand?

G0mez
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=120&y=2007&m=05

Here is the Froch clip of him dropping Adamu lads...

How's tricks adie ? :)

riza
05-23-2007, 02:32 PM
this is a joke. u got a no.1 rated fighter who has not even fought anyone world class, and is now fighting yet another bum.

G0mez
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Nearly as bad as having a world-champion, who's never fought anyone.

adietheforestfa
05-23-2007, 04:40 PM
this is a joke. u got a no.1 rated fighter who has not even fought anyone world class, and is now fighting yet another bum.

Froch is being avoided by everyone.

Bute swerved Froch
Inkin swerved Froch
Calzaghe is swerving Froch, goin after more blown up middles

Froch will fight anyone, but no one wants to step in with the Cobra.

Im doin good GOmez, well pissed of with Forest though.

porlie
05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Froch fighting Adamu is a stupid move IMO why go back there?? hes not gonna prove anything by winning. Why doesnt he go all out for a fight against a world ranked fighter??

Hard Chaw
05-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah i agree.
How easy was froch being hit in that clip :O.

rooq
05-24-2007, 06:39 PM
According to Frank Warrens web site Froch will face Charles Adamu at M.E.N Arena Sept 22nd.

I Cant see the point in this fight as The Cobra has already beaten Adamu.

Only reason i can see is a warm up after knee surgery for The Cobra.

theres an article about this on britishboxing . net. hennessey says that gwen stefani is booked into the MEN on the 22nd Sept and maybe warren wants to match froch up with her...it would be about as competitive as half his other matchups

http://www.britishboxing.net/news_2367-Hennessy-offers-to-fight-Warren.html

McNulty
05-26-2007, 04:37 AM
Ajamu...the guiy RJj fought?

rossle
05-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Ajamu...the guiy RJj fought?

No someone different

This leaves the Robin Reid fight dead in the water, I was looking forward to that one

Frank warren is playing at something, he gave Robin a 4 fight contract with the intention of a Froch fight as one of them, why would he then kill it by making Froch fight another fighter for the commonwealth at the time he needs to fight Robin for the british. Also the arena supposedly booked for this fight is already booked that night for Gwen Steffani ?

Maybe because the purse bids for this fight came up first warren wan them to stall any fight, maybe he'll pay off Ajamu with another fight as tghis rematch will not sell.

Ive also heard that Robin has been offered a warm up fight next month ?

I bet the Ajamu fight does not happen

rooq
05-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I bet the Ajamu fight does not happen

i hope you're right. the only reason froch would take this fight would be money and maybe terrestial tv exposure (thats if warren is still with itv then)

Peder
05-26-2007, 11:33 AM
It doesn't make any sense to me, why they would go for another soft opponent, so close to a mandatory fight.
Don***8217;t they want to build him up, prepare him in any way?

Not worthy of his high ranking, unless he makes something happen real soon.

badnewsbrown
05-27-2007, 04:05 PM
i think froch has the ability to some of the best in the divison. but he really needs to start fighting them. i would pick him to beat the overated kessler

rossle
05-27-2007, 07:03 PM
i think froch has the ability to some of the best in the divison. but he really needs to start fighting them. i would pick him to beat the overated kessler

I wouldnt, the one punch that it is blindingly obvious that Froch gets beaten to by the journey men he has so far faced is the jab, that and the right hand

Nuff said me tinks

rossle
06-12-2007, 04:55 PM
i hope you're right. the only reason froch would take this fight would be money and maybe terrestial tv exposure (thats if warren is still with itv then)

Was never going to happen, Warren has something up his sleave, I think the winning bid was just a way of showing Carl how much he could be earning with Frank, he also gave Reid a 4 fight contract based on a fight with Froch and a possible rematch with Calzaghe should he win, Reids next fight is in October apparently