View Full Version : what can I do with my heavy bag to decrease hardness...stuffing all at the the bottom

SquareCircle
05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
so, yeah...my heavy bag has literally zero stuffing up top and it's all at the bottom...

I know taking it down and kicking it/etc is supposed to get it back up top, but it seems like every time I do that, and sit down on 10 or so shots, it all goes back how it was.after like 3 shots really. So, my question is this,what can I do to keep the stuffing how it's supposed to be. Maybe take it down and get it all to the top, then tie a small rope around the bottom? and then I was thinking maybe put newspaper over that and tightly duct tape on top of paper (to prevent bag getting ****ed up from duct tape glue..) and wrap it around?

anyone have any suggestions? would be highly appreciated,thanks.

Chris46
05-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Time for a new bag maybe?? Or maybe what your syaing about the newspaper and duc tape is corrent. Ive never owned a heavy bag myself, just a punch bag when i was like 4!!

GOD!
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
so, yeah...my heavy bag has literally zero stuffing up top and it's all at the bottom...

I know taking it down and kicking it/etc is supposed to get it back up top, but it seems like every time I do that, and sit down on 10 or so shots, it all goes back how it was.after like 3 shots really. So, my question is this,what can I do to keep the stuffing how it's supposed to be. Maybe take it down and get it all to the top, then tie a small rope around the bottom? and then I was thinking maybe put newspaper over that and tightly duct tape on top of paper (to prevent bag getting ****ed up from duct tape glue..) and wrap it around?

anyone have any suggestions? would be highly appreciated,thanks.

I REMEMBER WHEN I CREATED YOU, I KNEW YOU WASN'T GOING TO BE ANY GOOD.

SO I GAVE YOU PUBES ON YOUR HEAD, MADE YOU FAT AND MADE YOU PISS THE BED.

deh707
05-15-2007, 07:29 PM
I REMEMBER WHEN I CREATED YOU, I KNEW YOU WASN'T GOING TO BE ANY GOOD.

SO I GAVE YOU PUBES ON YOUR HEAD, MADE YOU FAT AND MADE YOU PISS THE BED.

What In God's Name...?

No1
05-15-2007, 07:32 PM
God's a creep :boxing:

Young Legend
05-15-2007, 08:29 PM
I have this same problem.

But mine is a ****ty everlast bag...

I took it down and started jumping on the bottom, figuring it would loosen it up some.... ya, didn't do anything.

SquareCircle
05-15-2007, 08:43 PM
I have this same problem.

But mine is a ****ty everlast bag...

I took it down and started jumping on the bottom, figuring it would loosen it up some.... ya, didn't do anything.

I think I need to do something with duct tape, but there's a specific way to tape it so the stuff doesn't come out. The best bags I've ever worked on were duct taped up...

I wish a guy who's been around for a long time and knew the ropes would step in here. I bet Ross would know.

Young Legend
05-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, if you figure out the way to do that.. lemme know

danny stash
05-15-2007, 10:31 PM
open up the top stuff it with old t shirts as hard you can. than duct tape top and put more shirts and re duct tape it

SquareCircle
05-16-2007, 01:23 AM
open up the top stuff it with old t shirts as hard you can. than duct tape top and put more shirts and re duct tape it

not a bad idea for getting the top hard but this particular bag is unopenable.

also it would still leave the bag hard where I throw body shots.

thanks for the suggestion and bump, tho.

ps I'll take one of those burgers. got any wheat hamburger buns?...heh.

phallus
05-16-2007, 01:36 AM
u could try taping it super tight, like a girdle only around the bottum so it forces the stuffin to stay up higher because there's no room around the bottom of the bag.

MikeMcC
05-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Turn the bag upside down and beat the heck out of it with a baseball bat to get the filling to settle at the top, then duct tape the bottom of the bag.

abdiel2k3
05-16-2007, 04:14 AM
got the same problem
coincidently enough mines also an everlast
maybe its just a problem/style with everlast bags
any with other bag brands got the same issue
ive been meanin to replace mine cuz of this
right now
the top choice for relacement is this
http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24792

danny stash
05-16-2007, 10:36 AM
wheat buns available!!!

I like the baseball bat and tape the bottom idea for what you are trying to accomplish!!