View Full Version : Did anybody else get annoyed?

Jim_Davis
05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
By the lack of news on Diego Corrales' death in the British newspapers? I was reading a story about Hatton and Rooney when at the bottom it had a tiny block of text about Diego. I'm aware that he isnt the best known sportsman in the UK but they should have at least hsowed a little more respect to a boxing great.

Tuggers1986
05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
By the lack of news on Diego Corrales' death in the British newspapers? I was reading a story about Hatton and Rooney when at the bottom it had a tiny block of text about Diego. I'm aware that he isnt the best known sportsman in the UK but they should have at least hsowed a little more respect to a boxing great.

I read a tiny bit in yesterdays Daily Star saying how Hatton was "shocked and upset" over his death and that he was going to dedicate the Castillo fight to him. Which pissed me off and i thought was a load of bull**** considering Hatton probably never met Chico and was just using his name. If anybody should dedicate the fight to Corrales it should obviously be Castillo.

me2007
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree... however 99% of people who read newspapers wouldn`t have heard of him.

Onslow.
05-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I read a tiny bit in yesterdays Daily Star saying how Hatton was "shocked and upset" over his death and that he was going to dedicate the Castillo fight to him. Which pissed me off and i thought was a load of bull**** considering Hatton probably never met Chico and was just using his name. If anybody should dedicate the fight to Corrales it should obviously be Castillo.

I read on a website that he had met Chico once or twice whilst in America. Besides, he has every right to dedicate his fight to Chico - he was hardly going to say "sorry, i don't want my fight to be dedicated to Chico, cos i didn't know him too good."

Im sure Castillo will dedicate the fight also, but it doesn't mean that his fellow sportsman Hatton can't show his respects - and if it sounded cheeky or arrogant or like he was stepping on Castillo's toes... then i'm sure its not intentional. Ricky Hatton after all is a nice fella, at the end of the day.

The Monk
05-10-2007, 11:42 AM

I didn't see anything wrong with what Hatton said. Corrales was the Tszyu fight so im sure they would have had a chat then. Hatton's always been a huge Corrales fan and was imo was being sincere about being "shocked and upset".

Tuggers1986
05-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Yeah, i didn't mean what i said to sound bad. I just mean if anybody should be dedicating the fight to Corrales it should be Castillo.

skyler
05-10-2007, 12:30 PM
We also got the wayne rooney news in the paper in Australia also some news on evander holyfield but nothing about Diego, im dissapointed.

Onslow.
05-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Which pissed me off and i thought was a load of bull**** considering Hatton probably never met Chico and was just using his name. If anybody should dedicate the fight to Corrales it should obviously be Castillo.

Yea, i knew i'd seen it somewhere on the internet.. he had met him a couple of times he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/6636001.stm

starjammer
05-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah there's a video on Youtube called 'Diego Corrales R.I.P' by Frank Warrens team, and it's Diego being interviewed. In the background, Hatton is training for the Tsyzu fight.

So yeah, they have met, for clarification.lol

starjammer
05-15-2007, 07:50 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=01XQJVY0jNY

Nacho_Analstain
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM
i still cant ****ing beleive it thanks for the vid

Franko
05-16-2007, 08:40 AM

I get annoyed by the lack of news on boxing in British newspapers anyway. For example, the De La Hoya V Mayweather reports were very poor.
Back in the 80's there would be an assigned boxing journalist for every Bristish newspaper, but that is no longer the case.