No announcement yet.

Correct Footwork to Angle off to your Right after throwing a Combo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Footwork to Angle off to your Right after throwing a Combo

We are talking about from an orthodox position here.

I have been working on not being there in front of my opponent after throwing a combination. Not taking a snapshot as Teddy Atlas puts it.

I am getting much better at angling off to my left after throwing a combination, usually by just swinging by back leg around.

But angling off the other way (to my right) feels much more awkward. I don't want to become predictable so i want to learn this skill

Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by Peterp; 04-24-2007, 04:23 AM.

Originally posted by Peterp View Post
    We are talking about from an orthodox position here.

I have been working on not being there in front of my opponent after throwing a combination. Not taking a snapshot as Teddy Atlas puts it.

I am getting much better at angling off to my left after throwing a combination, usually by just swinging by back leg around.

But angling off the other way (to my right) feels much more awkward. I don't want to become predictable so i want to learn this skill

Any suggestions ?
    what do you mean by angle-off excatly?

Comment

I'm confused as to what you actually want to know? Correct footwork? Just move the foot closest to the direction you're going, and let the other one follow....

Comment

after you throw a combo end with a jab take a big step to your right and then throw your right.

Comment

what kan said. very important to throw the jab at the end of the combination.

Comment

Working...
          X