View Full Version : UK Contender

rooq
04-16-2007, 04:37 AM
Depending on how well the 6 UK vs US shows do, ITV could make a UK version of the Contender show which may even be used to decide some of the 6 boxers go to the US for next years international match-up...

If this happens which weight class would you like to see and which boxers would you like to be in it?

My one problem with this is that it'll probably just end up being sportsnetwork fighters as if its on itv and its boxing its going to involve frank.

Chris46
04-16-2007, 05:46 AM
White Hope should go onto the Contender in the US he would get the views way up!!!

rooq
04-16-2007, 10:53 AM
If this happens which weight class would you like to see and which boxers would you like to be in it?

My one problem with this is that it'll probably just end up being sportsnetwork fighters as if its on itv and its boxing its going to involve frank.

thinking about it frank probably wouldn't have enough boxers in one weight category to stage the contender by himself so itv might have to come to an arrangement to get non-sportsnetwork boxers invloved...

if it was at light welterweight, you could have a few experienced fighters who have mixed with top domestic opposition but who aren't currently title holders (lenny daws, nigel wright), along with domestic fighters who have been around but never mixed at a high level (gavin rees), and then the untested prospects (john fewkes, gary buckland).

i don't think there is enough depth of talent in british boxing to find 16 boxers in one weight category without risking total mismatches (although thats not stopped FW before!). I think 8 boxers would be the limit and thats pushing it.

msagrain
04-20-2007, 02:39 PM
i agree defo davie "the haymaker " haye future world champ for sure