View Full Version : 35 Thousand people robbed.

col Blake
04-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Last nights Warren debacle was the worst nights boxing I have ever seen. Wank Warren must have made millions from this pile of ****e. Every warren fighters opponents were carefully pick so as to cause no upsets . The worst offenders was the Maccarinelli fight, how the hell did Gunn get a title shot. Maccarinelli is not to blame, and I think he go on to much better things, I feel he would KO Haye, as he is very heavy handed and Haye has a weak chin, but last nights show was appalling.
Khan showed some improvement, good movement, speed and accuracy, his opponent was shocking he never had any desire or guts, he just come for the money, no test at all for Khan, but onwards and upwards.
Why does Calzaghe want to fight blown up middleweights Taylor, Hopkins, Calzaghe is about 6 foot and big at the weight, why not fight Glen Johnson, Chad Dawson, Woods, Froch or even the Zsolt Erdel, we know he wont fight any of these as the pose a real danger, the fight we all want to see is Kessler but Joe will quit rather than fight him, Its a shame as Joe has the ability to beat these but Warren wont risk the chance of loosing his prize asset.
The only winner on the night was the 35 thousand fans who cheered on Khan as if he was a Welshman, I thought after the stick he and his family got during the week in Liverpool would snowball and start to follow him, but it didnít and hopefully the support will follow him Win, loose or draw, Iím not one Khans biggest fans but we need every fighter with a bit of talent to come through and take on the yanks as they tend to think they own Boxing.

The Monk
04-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Top post and i agree with all the points you raised. Wouldn't mind seeing Calzaghe outclass Taylor mind.

rooq
04-08-2007, 05:39 PM
it was a bad non-competitive line-up, although one the face of it takaloo - jennings should have been closer (jennings looked good didn't he?)

on the other hand, most of the fans who bought tickets knew joe was fighting manfredo and khan would be fighting another journeyman...the only fans who were really robbed were the ones who bought tickets when haye-macca looked like it was going to be on.

as for joe's next opponent, i don't mind him fighting taylor as long as he fights him in the states to level the playing field a little. say what you want about taylor but he's around the same height as joe, is the best middleweight in the world and imo is a respectable opponent. if this fight does come off and joe wins, and in the meantime kessler pulls off another good win in front of a hbo audience, maybe there will be enough demand for joe vs kessler in the winter. i do honestly believe that if the money is right joe won't back away from this challenge...after all, since hbo showed his last fight joe's attitiude towards kessler has changed dramatically.

adietheforestfa
04-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Terry Marsh was a **** aim. Allegedly.

Calzaghe should sack Warren now!!!! It is Warren who is responsible for Calzaghes opponents, he is such a tosser.

Come on Joe, sort somethin out with Hobson, Moloney or Hennessy.

He may well retire unbeaten and still not respected becaude of this bull****

robjr
04-08-2007, 07:44 PM
the whole night was a joke.

CottoOverrated1
04-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Last nights Warren debacle was the worst nights boxing I have ever seen. Wank Warren must have made millions from this pile of ****e. Every warren fighters opponents were carefully pick so as to cause no upsets . The worst offenders was the Maccarinelli fight, how the hell did Gunn get a title shot. Maccarinelli is not to blame, and I think he go on to much better things, I feel he would KO Haye, as he is very heavy handed and Haye has a weak chin, but last nights show was appalling.
Khan showed some improvement, good movement, speed and accuracy, his opponent was shocking he never had any desire or guts, he just come for the money, no test at all for Khan, but onwards and upwards.
Why does Calzaghe want to fight blown up middleweights Taylor, Hopkins, Calzaghe is about 6 foot and big at the weight, why not fight Glen Johnson, Chad Dawson, Woods, Froch or even the Zsolt Erdel, we know he wont fight any of these as the pose a real danger, the fight we all want to see is Kessler but Joe will quit rather than fight him, Its a shame as Joe has the ability to beat these but Warren wont risk the chance of loosing his prize asset.
The only winner on the night was the 35 thousand fans who cheered on Khan as if he was a Welshman, I thought after the stick he and his family got during the week in Liverpool would snowball and start to follow him, but it didnít and hopefully the support will follow him Win, loose or draw, Iím not one Khans biggest fans but we need every fighter with a bit of talent to come through and take on the yanks as they tend to think they own Boxing.

calzaghe is a joke. are you serious? honestly, his title might as well be a paper championship. start talking like this when Joe beats somebody that is a real risk to his title. thats how you make your reign a mark in history. If he retired now, in 5 years nobody would remember him except you british nutt huggers. Hopkin's reign is historic. Joe's reign is nice for the time being.

Underboss
04-08-2007, 10:13 PM
the fans didnt gave a **** if they wasted money for only 3 rounds. all they cared was for their hometown hero to win :rofl:

Underboss
04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
calzaghe is a joke. are you serious? honestly, his title might as well be a paper championship. start talking like this when Joe beats somebody that is a real risk to his title. thats how you make your reign a mark in history. If he retired now, in 5 years nobody would remember him except you british nutt huggers. Hopkin's reign is historic. Joe's reign is nice for the time being.i only know calzaghe for what..1 month?. i agree with you. he needs to fight tougher opponents in order to get recognized more. that's how under-rated he was for me.

but he's still a great fighter.

cmason
04-09-2007, 04:54 AM
anybody who shells out for a frank warren bill deserves all they get. if no-one went this little wannabe gangster would be out of business and shows like saturdays would not take place.

col Blake
04-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Terry Marsh was a **** aim. Allegedly.

Calzaghe should sack Warren now!!!! It is Warren who is responsible for Calzaghes opponents, he is such a tosser.

Come on Joe, sort somethin out with Hobson, Moloney or Hennessy.

He may well retire unbeaten and still not respected becaude of this bull****
spot on If Terry Marsh had a done his Job properly we would'nt be having this debate.
then we would have got Barry Hearn, can't stand him either but he does get WBC fights now and then.

robjr
04-09-2007, 01:38 PM
he wasnt given a chance to earn a win.. that ref was queer.

col Blake
04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
he wasnt given a chance to earn a win.. that ref was queer.
he would have been on the canvas in another 20/30 seconds, Manfrado said after the fight the ref did'nt give him a warning he was about to stop it, what the hell does he want a telagram.
Your right, never been a big fan of that ref it should have been Micky Vann.

adietheforestfa
04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
anybody who shells out for a frank warren bill deserves all they get. if no-one went this little wannabe gangster would be out of business and shows like saturdays would not take place.

you are so right. i go to lots of fights but am wise and have never handed over my hard earned cash to mr warren.
Maloney and Hennessy are best shows, and around half the price of warrens shows. Im glad Ricky Hatton saw the light. Match making is **** whats the point.

adietheforestfa
04-09-2007, 06:41 PM
he would have been on the canvas in another 20/30 seconds, Manfrado said after the fight the ref did'nt give him a warning he was about to stop it, what the hell does he want a telagram.
Your right, never been a big fan of that ref it should have been Micky Vann.

Micky Vann, good call. Hes mad as a hatter when it comes to judging, some of his scoring is mindblowing, so eratic at times.

Good ref though. I liked it when he through Earles towel back out and let him continue.

col Blake
04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Micky Vann, good call. Hes mad as a hatter when it comes to judging, some of his scoring is mindblowing, so eratic at times.

Good ref though. I liked it when he through Earles towel back out and let him continue.
or when he and Darkie smith almost started brawling in the ring, becasue Hatton was giving his son a good beating.
always like Vann,
unlike Dave Parris and John Coyle, two fat cheating bastards.

Brother Blues
04-10-2007, 03:52 PM
That Frank Warren guy sounds like the European version of Don King...

The question is why should Calzaghe/Warren risk anything such as fighting Taylor in the USA WHEN 35,000 suckers pay to see a card like last Saturdays.

col Blake
04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
That Frank Warren guy sounds like the European version of Don King...

The question is why should Calzaghe/Warren risk anything such as fighting Taylor in the USA WHEN 35,000 suckers pay to see a card like last Saturdays.
Taylor would have to step up, could he compete against a very big super middleweight Hopkins is a small middleweight and his age would all go against him that is why Joe would fight these guys instead of Kessler, froch or a much improved Woods. Joe is after easy pay days, what he and Wank Warren says and then does are two very diffrent things.
Warren is blessed by the gods, he managed to survive an assassination attempt, he robbed his first world title holder Terry Marsh of money and one night (aledgedly)Terry shot the bastard in revenge but beat the rap in court good for him, a very good boxer was Marsh but health probs forced he to quit.
Marsh almost save British boxing if his aim was better.

a lot of people who go to big events no nothing about boxing and the likes of King and Warren lap it up.