View Full Version : slapping yourself in the face

whatevathehell
03-30-2007, 02:19 AM
think it will condition your face for a hit if say I was to do this at night starting off with medium hits on each side for a minute and then working up to harder blows for longer lengths of time?

think it will age me faster though?

Animal Squabbs
03-30-2007, 02:28 AM
think it will condition your face for a hit if say I was to do this at night starting off with medium hits on each side for a minute and then working up to harder blows for longer lengths of time?

no

but it is a funny coincidence. The day before yesterday I was at the gym hitin a bag and my gloves were wet, I put alot into a left hook and it slid off the bag and crashed right into my nose. I was going like a maniac and people were watching me, so I started hitting my nose with my right, I cant really explain why I guess, maybe just to show them it didnt hurt. Anyway I kept going hard and I noticed they were saying stuff in spanish and then I realized I had blood on my gloves and I looked at my white TSHirt and it had blood sprayed from my nose all on it. My face had a good amount on blood on it too. I started going even harder and ended up getting blood on the bag and the floor too. They probably think Im insane.

IronNick
03-30-2007, 02:31 AM
no

but it is a funny coincidence. The day before yesterday I was at the gym hitin a bag and my gloves were wet, I put alot into a left hook and it slid off the bag and crashed right into my nose. I was going like a maniac and people were watching me, so I started hitting my nose with my right, I cant really explain why I guess, maybe just to show them it didnt hurt. Anyway I kept going hard and I noticed they were saying stuff in spanish and then I realized I had blood on my gloves and I looked at my white TSHirt and it had blood sprayed from my nose all on it. My face had a good amount on blood on it too. I started going even harder and ended up getting blood on the bag and the floor too. They probably think Im insane.

Yea your real cool. HAHA.

Animal Squabbs
03-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Yea your real cool. HAHA.

I probably came off as a retard. What was I supposed to do, a trainer and I guy Ive been askin about sparring were watching me and I NAILED myself in the face. I HAD to try to do something macho. haha maybe I should have taken a knee and then walked to a nuetral corner of the gym.

boxer2k5
03-30-2007, 05:02 AM
i did that the other day
i was on my last round on the bag i was burning out
punching non stop for 3 minutes

and i was sweaty the bag was sweaty
i threw 3 hooks the last one sliped and came
and hit me full momentum luckyly
i was the last person in the gym and had to close up

i was in the gym laughing my ass off

Animal Squabbs
03-30-2007, 06:36 AM
i did that the other day
i was on my last round on the bag i was burning out
punching non stop for 3 minutes

and i was sweaty the bag was sweaty
i threw 3 hooks the last one sliped and came
and hit me full momentum luckyly
i was the last person in the gym and had to close up

i was in the gym laughing my ass off

yeah well I was in the gym with three other people who were just sitting there waiting for me to finish so they could close up. One is a trainer who I talk to, the other is his son who is a big guy that is a 2 time amatuer champion and Ive been askin them about sparring, and some other guy, I was in the zone putting everything I had into the shots grunting and everything. What was I supposed to do in THAT situation?

Also, Zab Judah NAILED himself with a left hook in the first round against Tsyzu. Its hillarious, Judah tags him and then they clinch head next to head and Tszyu is holding the right arm so Judah gets some space and throws a nice short left hook and Tsyu moves at the last second and the Judah lands on his own chin. He seemed stunned by it, he like froze and his eyes opened up and he shook his head.

eazy_mas
03-30-2007, 07:11 AM
no

probably people wont spar with you or the people who are going to spar with you are going to hit you hard :D

either way it a lose lose sitaution for you :D

Animal Squabbs
03-30-2007, 07:13 AM
probably people wont spar with you or the people who are going to spar with you are going to hit you hard :D

either way it a lose lose sitaution for you :D

do you speak english??, cause :wtf: was that?:dunno:

eazy_mas
03-30-2007, 07:20 AM
do you speak english??, cause :wtf: was that?:dunno:

in other words change to another gyms :D

because nobody will spar with you because the think you are wild and crazy and the people how are going to spar with you are not going to take it easy on you and will punch really really hard

BEWARE

makaveli_uk
04-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I watched a documentary on some kung fu monk master and he spent years on end just slapping his chin and in turn his chin got stronger and stronger and he could get his cleanly on the jaw and nothing would happen. But in boxing? No I personally hink it's crazy. If you're gonna get hit, let it be your opponent to nail you!

JayCoe
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
If you do it, please record it and let us watch. Watching someone slap themselves endlessly for a few minutes, until eventually they begin full on hitting themselves, would be flat out hilarious.

Seriously mate, I doubt it'd work. What is it you expect to happen? You 'condition your face'? How? Your skull will thicken? No, that wont happen. Bones sometimes slightly thicken under reoccuring pressure (i.e resistance training) but slapping yourself don't do that, in the slightest. How good your 'chin' is lies on two things: 1) the opposition. If they are very good, or just 'lucky' and cause you some real damage, i.e broken nose or something, then most will throw in the towel, but not all, which brings you onto 2) your will power, your state of mind.

..David..
04-08-2008, 02:01 AM
hahahaha there is a guy at my gym that is always throwing awkward punches like round house punches and overhead punches and once he threw an overhead punch and slipped the bag and hit himself exactly on the nuts, hahhaha the whole gym was laughing for about 5 minutes.

ahahaha i know this vids are not about boxing but i imagine this is kind of what you want to do : its ****ing crazy haahah

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8YXrqQCghsU&feature=related
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbFnWL4npaM this one is ****ing insane haha

2swell k-wells
04-08-2008, 02:27 AM
I was going like a maniac and people were watching me, so I started hitting my nose with my right, I cant really explain why I guess, maybe just to show them it didnt hurt

You cried afterwards admit it.

DA1CATAS
04-08-2008, 03:14 AM

:nonono:

Sven72
04-08-2008, 06:57 AM
I'm glad i'm not alone in the 'hit yourself by accident department. Doing pad work the other week i threw a right uppercut that somehow missed the pad altogether and clocked me straight in the face. I felt like an absolute dork. I still can't figure out how I did it

Unanimous
04-08-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm glad i'm not alone in the 'hit yourself by accident department. Doing pad work the other week i threw a right uppercut that somehow missed the pad altogether and clocked me straight in the face. I felt like an absolute dork. I still can't figure out how I did it

You think that's bad! When I was a young 'un I was training to be a joiner and managed to hit my teeth with the hammer when aggressively knocking a nail in! Thankfully it only smashed the bottom half of one of my front teeth - could have been a lot worse.

I think it's just what happens when you go hell-for-leather - you're not 100% in control.

Detroit101
04-08-2008, 09:50 AM
YES....slapping your face and working your way up to full blown punches is an excellent drill that i would recommend you to incorporate into your routine...this is so hardcore many of you may not even have the balls to give it a go, while only a few, truly gifted athletes can handle this type of intensive training.....

Unanimous
04-08-2008, 10:05 AM
YES....slapping your face and working your way up to full blown punches is an excellent drill that i would recommend you to incorporate into your routine...this is so hardcore many of you may not even have the balls to give it a go, while only a few, truly gifted athletes can handle this type of intensive training.....

Detroit......you are being sarcastic? Yes?

Detroit101
04-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Detroit......you are being sarcastic? Yes?

Cmon....you should know the answer to this....lol

Unanimous
04-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Cmon....you should know the answer to this....lol

Yeah, lol! My bad!

Jab89
04-12-2008, 06:32 AM
i think that punching ursellf thing can help u alil actually, i do it when im driving and listening to a hardcore song lol...but if u wanA strengthin ur jaw chew gum constintly, i used to chew on my action figures when i was a kid and now my jaw is pretty toned haha.

futurechampion
04-12-2008, 07:29 AM
sumtimes for my training i let opponent hit me and then knock em out

JayCoe
04-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Getting hit, properly, like put in the post above may do a little because it is about getting to grips with what you're going to recieve. When Ali used to use his famed 'Rope a dope' style he would practice for hours by lying on the ropes getting hit. It wasn't about "perfecting the art of defence" which I don't doubt they did quickly, it was about getting him to grips with what he was going to recieve when he did it. As for slapping yourself, hitting yourself and so on, it will not do anything of real worth. It wont do anything physically, as in harden the bones, and it's doubtful it'll do anything psychologically to prepare you as a slap is not a full on hit. As for chewing gum, it would strengthen your jaw but so what? How will this help your boxing? Maybe every so often if you fight in a gay version of the red light district a boxer might drop his guard to admire you're toned jaw which allows for you to take him out, but other than this very very very unlikely occassion, it's of little worth.

I'll just put this in plain black and white, if you randomly hit yourself because you want to look cool, are listening to hardcore music or anything else, you're not cool, you don't look scary, you look stupid. Was in the gym my oldest brother, his regular, it's a real "muscle gym", mostly based on weight machines and the majority of people who go are those big bald guys who usually have a big ass belly but can lift a **** load. So I was lifting some "weights" (I put the " because I guess they would have been kind of pathetic in comparison with what these strong men lift) and my brother slaps me and goes "come on!", the only thing it achieved was to make me laugh. If you're actually a fighter in your mind, if you're actually aggressive then such blatant acts of attempts to look hard are laughable.