View Full Version : Training tonight

Chris46
03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Ok as some of you may alredy know im 17 and im not the fittest or the bext boxer, infact itd be better to say i was **** but im getting better.

I sparred some guy who was 24 tonight and alot better than me and he basically knocked the **** out of me. a few months ago that would have put me off but strangely im looking forward to it next time.

I'm now in serious need of fitness and im really trying to stop eating and drinking crap basically. Im just home now and i feel great!!

-Antonio-
03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Nice to see the ass kicking didnt bring you down. Im going in for my second spar in a few hours, and Im nervous as hell since my last one went pretty bad. But I know the first few spars are all going to be harsh learning experiences. I just hope I get more punches off this time.

Jimmy The Gent
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm probably gonna get my ass handed to me tomorrow but it'll only make me stronger

aps214
03-28-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm probably gonna get my ass handed to me tomorrow but it'll only make me stronger

Nice attitude *****.

Chris46
03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
The guy stunned me in the last round pretty good while i was up against the ropes but i got over it lol :). its all learning, i ****ed up bad in the first round but sorted it out for the next 2 so therefore next time i hopefully wont be as tired. i also ate loads today before training and havent been hydrating myself properly so i need to do that for friday :)

DMC
03-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Good Luck:boxing:

Let us know how it goes.

DMC:boxing:

BoxingRookie
03-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Good luck man and theres always next time

Jimmy The Gent
03-28-2007, 07:10 PM
well aps I may be sparring a pro whos 4-0 with a ****load of amatuer bouts behind him and is bigger then me

BrooklynBomber
03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I just came back from training.

Chris46
03-28-2007, 07:49 PM
I find it harder to breathe with a mouthguard in :(, i can take that guys punches all day but you see keeping a breathing rhythm and staying in breath.. i just find it hard, close to impossible lol.

-Antonio-
03-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I did a lot better this time around. The biggest reason is probably the fact that the guy knew I was a newb. I actually suprised myself when I slipped his first punch and landed a clean left hook. Then I landed some good body shots against the ropes. The fact that the guy was in there to help me learn made things easier. The last guy I was in there with had the mentality that it was an amatuer bout.

Animal Squabbs
03-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I find it harder to breathe with a mouthguard in :(, i can take that guys punches all day but you see keeping a breathing rhythm and staying in breath.. i just find it hard, close to impossible lol.

I normally train with my mouthguard in to get used to breathing with it, hitting the bags, jumping rope, everything.

-Antonio-
03-29-2007, 12:46 AM
My breathing is pretty good, but my legs go easily. In the third round of sparring my legs were pretty damn tired.

boxer2k5
03-29-2007, 01:26 AM
thats part of the game

phallus
03-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok as some of you may alredy know im 17 and im not the fittest or the bext boxer, infact itd be better to say i was **** but im getting better.

I sparred some guy who was 24 tonight and alot better than me and he basically knocked the **** out of me. a few months ago that would have put me off but strangely im looking forward to it next time.

I'm now in serious need of fitness and im really trying to stop eating and drinking crap basically. Im just home now and i feel great!!

Nice to see the ass kicking didnt bring you down. Im going in for my second spar in a few hours, and Im nervous as hell since my last one went pretty bad. But I know the first few spars are all going to be harsh learning experiences. I just hope I get more punches off this time.

u kids have great attitudes, the mental part of boxing is important. u need to be in there thinking " no matter how bad i'm losing i'm not gonna stop trying to win the fight " - that's why i love lamon brewster, he has that attitude

besides, sometimes, it's gonna be u handing some noob his ass

Chris46
03-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Im beginning to feel less nervous for tomorow. Ive been drinking loads of water and havent eaten anything too bad for me, had 3 weetabix with 3 starwaberrys and a banana for breakfast and a chicken bagette with salad for lunch. I reckon if i drink loads of water ill be able to breathe better this time round. Guys going to get pwned :)

DMC
03-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Well I started back at the gym last night for the first time this year.
It was great I have discovered I love pushing myself to the limit, I feel so good after. I am still as uncoordinated as I ever was, the speed bag I still can't master yet, I am just not quick enough. I was lucky to get it going for 6 sec. But I will keep trying till I get it. I am good at the double end bag. Skipping I still suck at, ha-ha dam lack of coordination again. But I love the heavy bag (stress relief)
I have decided I am going to go 2 to 3 times a week, that with running in the morning I will loose some extra weight and get myself in shape.

IronNick
03-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Well I started back at the gym last night for the first time this year.
It was great I have discovered I love pushing myself to the limit, I feel so good after. I am still as uncoordinated as I ever was, the speed bag I still can't master yet, I am just not quick enough. I was lucky to get it going for 6 sec. But I will keep trying till I get it. I am good at the double end bag. Skipping I still suck at, ha-ha dam lack of coordination again. But I love the heavy bag (stress relief)
I have decided I am going to go 2 to 3 times a week, that with running in the morning I will loose some extra weight and get myself in shape.

i respect u guy, wat size gloves do u use anyway? and how old are u.

DMC
03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks mate :)

I use 16oz Morgan gloves and I am 31 years old.

I don't think I will ever be an amateur or anything, but I am willing to keep pushing myself and training. who knows I might even get to sparr one day.
But I need to get alot better first.

What about you, are you a boxer?
How old are you?

IronNick
03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
hah, im 16, i plan on joining a boxing gym in my area during the summer. i hope i can become an ameteur and work my way up to the pros. i have great power in my punch but i need alot of work as far as technique goes, i hope to improve.

DMC
03-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I hope you enjoy the gym and training.
I am sure you will do fine. Good luck and let us know how you go.

kryo
03-30-2007, 02:21 AM
I've never really been stunned by a punch when sparring before. I've had my nose mashed in a couple of times and my eyes swell up because of it but I've never felt woozy or anything. My heads been snapped back, to the sides, and just ****ing hit like a truck hitting a wall and I never seem to get a daze. Christ, I don't even have a head ache afterwards.. and we go pretty damn hard towards the latter part of the session. (Usually 4-6, sometimes 7 rounds) The only thing that has ever dropped me to one knee (For a couple of seconds while I got my whits back) was a liver shot, an accidental nut shot, and (hopefully) an accidentle kidney shot. Maybe I just need to experience that one clean left hook to the chin :owned:

BTW, kidney shot hurt worse then the liver, nuts, and face combined times fifty.

DoctorKillJoy
03-30-2007, 12:05 PM
:

BTW, kidney shot hurt worse then the liver, nuts, and face combined times fifty.

I saw that video you posted on another site and I think you might want to see a doctor about that... No offense but I've never seen anyone react to such a weak shot like that so i think that might just be you.

Chris46
03-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Just thought id let yous know that i didnt get to spar tonight. Not too sure why but i was on the pads and did everything else. I found everything alot easier and not as tiring aswell since ive only been drinking water and eating healthily