View Full Version : tygun 2 or facesaver?

boxing4ever
03-25-2007, 03:10 PM
ok guys im in seach of some new stuff to use at my garage like shoes and gloves

SquareCircle
03-25-2007, 03:18 PM
get the shoes. your feet being in the right place at the right time is the most important thing .

Gio
03-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Cant you compromise and maybe get a less expensive head gear and shoes?

Maybe this headgear: http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-tuf-wear-boxing-mask-full-face-training-headgear.html

or http://store.titleboxing.com/platinum-full-face-headgear.html

Shoes: http://store.titleboxing.com/tbs.html

you can get both for less than the price of the headgear you want.

boxing4ever
03-25-2007, 07:18 PM
its not that big of a deal with the money its just that i dont want cheap stuff you know its my face and my feet you know i already have a pair of wrestling shoes and those title shoes if anything have worse support

IronNick
03-25-2007, 08:42 PM
ok guys i use the normal everlast headgear the one that runs 30 bucks and i think theres much better quality headgear out there and i also use wrestling shoes to box and if you have ever wore wrestling shoes before you kno there very thin not to mention ive had them for over 6 months and the sole of them is almost gone! the thing is is that i need both the tygun 2 adidas shoes and the everlast facesaver but i only have money for one of those! can someone please help me pick
http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-everlast-facesaver-headgear1.html

or
http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25673

well, no offence, but as much as ive heard u complain about brain damage over the past couple months, id say get the headgear.

boxing4ever
03-25-2007, 09:29 PM
well, no offence, but as much as ive heard u complain about brain damage over the past couple months, id say get the headgear.arent you new to boxing too? well ok buddy tell me when your sitting at home one day and your face and head hurts and you look in the mirror and see a slice of pizza and your nose looks like a dogs been chewing on it for a couple years from all those hits you enjoyed in the ring:banana:

Gio
03-25-2007, 09:36 PM
So what are you gonna get? How old are you by the way?

IronNick
03-25-2007, 09:50 PM
arent you new to boxing too? well ok buddy tell me when your sitting at home one day and your face and head hurts and you look in the mirror and see a slice of pizza and your nose looks like a dogs been chewing on it for a couple years from all those hits you enjoyed in the ring:banana:

lets be realistic , u know u gonna get busted up boxing, but u dedicate yourself to the sport. some ppl get more damage done than others. from wat ive heard u arent the toughest nail in the shed so i can see why u would want to protect yourself more than others.

boxing4ever
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
lets be realistic , u know u gonna get busted up boxing, but u dedicate yourself to the sport. some ppl get more damage done than others. from wat ive heard u arent the toughest nail in the shed so i can see why u would want to protect yourself more than others.its stupied even if i was pro and fighting beginner and amatuers id still want to look as good as i can be and by the way smart one a ton of pros spar in these facesavers here are a few sergio mora,antonio m,mosley,pac man these are the only ones ive saw with them on but i hear rumors about a bunch of other pros using them

boxing4ever
03-25-2007, 10:13 PM
So what are you gonna get? How old are you by the way?
im confused right now i cant make up my mind
im 16 years old

LightsOut Le
03-25-2007, 10:22 PM
well..i think you're worrying too much...

i wear regular running shoes and i use a mexican style headgear....

facesavers are used by professionals pre-fight to protect their faces from cuts before a fight...

if your an amatuer you shouldnt even worry about it..

a fightgear.com headgear is great for the price

i use the mexican one that my club provides

and with wrestling shoes...i've seen top amatuers use dr. scholls in their shoes...

boxing doesnt require money or expensive products...all you need is a mouthpeice

Animal Squabbs
03-26-2007, 01:59 AM
boxing doesnt require money or expensive products...all you need is a mouthpeice

and handwraps, and a cup... and gloves, and headgear, and shoes,.... and a gym membership, and a trainer.

LightsOut Le
03-26-2007, 02:12 PM
boxing clubs provide all of that...

they have a locker full of sparring equipment...so all i need is a mouthpeice...

boxing4ever
03-26-2007, 07:35 PM
ok guys i got the facesaver and im going to get the boots in a couple weeks

SquareCircle
03-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Get the shoes because they're on sale on Everlast.com (maybe its title boxing) the 80.00 white hi-tech everlast hitops are only 49.99. only the white ones are marked down, though. ill deal with having an ugly high tech boxing shoe, i dont care. it looks very comfortable.

SquareCircle
03-28-2007, 12:10 PM
expensive ****.

Via Ground
Payment Visa

Name Code Qty Each Options
-----------------------------------------------------------------
TITLE Crest Tee TS 127 1 7.99 Size = XXL
Heavy Bag Spring: Heavy HDHBS 1 9.99
Bag Spring - Heavy-Duty
Wooden Beam T-swivel HBH 1 1 14.99
Headhunter Bag HHB 1 49.99
Classic Speed Bags: CSPB 2 1 19.99
Classic Speed Bag (5" x
8")
E-Z Pro Swivel PS EZ 1 12.99
Everlast Hi-Top Boxing EBSH WH 1 49.99 Size = 13.5
Shoes: Everlast Hi-Top
Boxing Shoes - White
Subtotal 165.93
Shipping 25.95
Tax 0.00
Total 191.88

boxing4ever
03-30-2007, 10:56 PM
ok guys i got it today in the mail(the facesaver), and the problem is is that its a little bigger than normal headguards! not fitting wise but just size wise, it fits perfect but its like a headguard thats twice the size of normal headguards, other than that its got the best padding ive seen on a headguard ever! so what do you guys think i should do? try it out and if im getting hit more what should i do? could it be because of the size of it? i am really confused

boxing4ever
03-31-2007, 06:29 PM
any comments guys?