View Full Version : Froch Vs Tatevosyan

rooq
03-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Well…Froch just completely obliterated Tatevoysan in 2 rounds. Ok, I think the stoppage was a little premature but it was only a matter of time after Froch knocked him down the first time.

Pretty impressive considering the Russian had never been knocked out before. This is further proof that Froch has the most power out of the current top SMWs...

But will this earn him a title shot?

FeelTheA-Force
03-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Well…Froch just completely obliterated Tatevoysan in 2 rounds. Ok, I think the stoppage was a little premature but it was only a matter of time after Froch knocked him down the first time.

Pretty impressive considering the Russian had never been knocked out before. This is further proof that Froch has the most power out of the current top SMWs...

But will this earn him a title shot?

no he dont deserve it yet... joe calzaghe certainly dont need him..

bishop2006
03-23-2007, 06:29 PM
That was a weak stoppage,i remember back in the day ref wouldent stop it until ur out

rooq
03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
no he dont deserve it yet... joe calzaghe certainly dont need him..

i'm not talking about joe...but what about berrio. bute is supposed to fight an eliminator against somone in June / July and they reckon it might be against Bika which seems a bit pointless. It should be Bute - Froch eliminator for the IBF title...

The only other organisation which ranks him so highly is the WBO and WBC. A fight with Joe won't happen and the WBO won't force it so thats out. That leaves the WBC, but seeing as Kessler is already fighting a mandatory this might not happen either unless Kessler makes a voluntary defence.

I suppose theres Mundine, but that will probably mean a trip to Oz.

Jim_Davis
03-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Froch should go for European and then get his world title shot.

Force vs Kesseler anyone? Was impressive by Froch tonight.

Welter_Skelter
03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
5 fights I would like to see froch in.. he has Obviously graduated from this LEVEL and needs to move up to world class
Lacy
Tsypko
Bute

And then
Calzaghe
Kessler

If he could get By either of the 1st 3
He desrves his title shot

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Froch should be WBC number one if Kessler gets by Andrade. He'll be top two with the WBO too.

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-23-2007, 07:19 PM
That was a pretty awesome performance. Shame I couldn't be there.

Shanus
03-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Froch vs Bute to establish the #3 in the division IMO.

And judging from tonights performance, he'd win.

The Monk
03-23-2007, 07:58 PM
That was a monsterous right to floor the Russian, nearly took his head off! Maybe stopped abit too early but he was in a lot of trouble. Froch is improving every fight and a fight with Bute would be the next step.

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Rumours are he'll face Dennis Inkin next.

Shanus
03-23-2007, 08:17 PM

All I know is he's the second man to beat Veit, is he any good?

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-23-2007, 08:20 PM
All I know is he's the second man to beat Veit, is he any good?

Hard to tell. He hasn't exactly been matched hard.

Hard Chaw
03-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Dont surpose anyone has a vid of this fight have they?

Didnt he used to play in defence for man u?

adietheforestfa
03-23-2007, 08:55 PM
just got home from the fight.

This guy went 12 with Bute. Froch destroys in two.

Start believing folks. Froch is for Real.

Calzaghe will never fight the Cobra. He is too scared.

kayjay
03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
5 fights I would like to see froch in.. he has Obviously graduated from this LEVEL and needs to move up to world class
Lacy
Tsypko
Bute

And then
Calzaghe
Kessler

If he could get By either of the 1st 3
He desrves his title shot

Kudos Welter for being reasonable. He has to beat one of those first three to make Kessler notice, and he has to beat Kessler to make Calzaghe notice.

majestiC
03-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Surely he would be ranked highest now with the WBC, one eliminator and Kessler will have to fight him? , What i like about froch hes learning from his mistakes, kept his left hand higher this time, was more composed, signs of a great boxer, who already has a great talent, I can see him beating Kessler, but no Joe.C you never know with his power and composure he has!

kayjay
03-23-2007, 09:04 PM

Damn man relax on the 'Calzaghe is scared' thing. We'll give Froch his props as he earns them. Chances are Joe Calzaghe does not get scared to fight a guy.

.Mik.
03-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Kudos Welter for being reasonable. He has to beat one of those first three to make Kessler notice, and he has to beat Kessler to make Calzaghe notice.

Absolutely bingo.

Am glad to see Froch's continual progression, but he has to pay his dues in the proper way.

adietheforestfa
03-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Surely he would be ranked highest now with the WBC, one eliminator and Kessler will have to fight him? , What i like about froch hes learning from his mistakes, kept his left hand higher this time, was more composed, signs of a great boxer, who already has a great talent, I can see him beating Kessler, but no Joe.C you never know with his power and composure he has!

At least someone is talking sense

adietheforestfa
03-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Damn man relax on the 'Calzaghe is scared' thing. We'll give Froch his props as he earns them. Chances are Joe Calzaghe does not get scared to fight a guy.

Hey im a brit and i support british fighters, but the way Calzaghe has dodged and swerved over the years is nothing short of a disgrace. Look at his record and see how many blown up middles and light middles hes faced.
Hand picked opponents for easy wins.
Tarver, Toney, Hopkins, Beyer, Johnson. How come Joe has avoided all these guys form his era????????

beecherhq
03-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I was reluctant to support Froch at british level and partially at european level. His arrogance had no charm or humour. Entering world level this does not matter and from now on i will be behind him 100%

adietheforestfa
03-23-2007, 10:24 PM
I was reluctant to support Froch at british level and partially at european level. His arrogance had no charm or humour. Entering world level this does not matter and from now on i will be behind him 100%

Great post, all brits should get behind the Cobra. He is going all the way.

dannnnn
03-23-2007, 11:03 PM
adietheforestfa you are talking utter ****e. Granted you've just got back from watching Carl Froch fight so you're on a high but Joe Calzaghe IS a level above him and hasn't ducked anybody in his career.

There is alot more that goes into making fights than just pulling a name out of a hat, Calzaghe wanted Hopkins years ago and the fight was as good as made before Hopkins asked for a bucket-load more money.

I would like to support Carl Froch. If only he would talk about his potential as a promising prospect then I could respect him instead of him constantly bringing up Joe Calzaghe's name as if Joe is scared to fight him, which is ridiculous. It's like a 4-0 Super Featherweight claiming that Manny Pacquaio is scared to face him, nobody can prove him wrong because he's undefeated but he hasn't done anything to deserve being mentioned in the same class.

Let's be honest about tonight, Tatevosyan hadn't been stopped before in his career, but he was 26-7 (i think, feel free to correct me on that) with one of his greatest achievements as a fighter being a 12 round loss to Howard Eastman who is a Middleweight. In truth Tatevosyan still looked a Middleweight or at least a weight division below Froch tonight so it was no surprise at all to me that Froch swarmed all over him and blew him out in two rounds, I could see it coming from about 30 secs in.

Fair enough, you can't blame a fighter for beating what's put in front of him but can you imagine if Joe Calzaghe had fought Sergei Tatevosyan tonight? Peter Manfredo is one thing but Joe would have been ridiculed beyond belief for this.
In short I like Froch and think he's a good prospect but until he proves anything more he needs to keep his mouth shut.

adietheforestfa
03-24-2007, 01:01 AM
adietheforestfa you are talking utter ****e. Granted you've just got back from watching Carl Froch fight so you're on a high but Joe Calzaghe IS a level above him and hasn't ducked anybody in his career.

There is alot more that goes into making fights than just pulling a name out of a hat, Calzaghe wanted Hopkins years ago and the fight was as good as made before Hopkins asked for a bucket-load more money.

I would like to support Carl Froch. If only he would talk about his potential as a promising prospect then I could respect him instead of him constantly bringing up Joe Calzaghe's name as if Joe is scared to fight him, which is ridiculous. It's like a 4-0 Super Featherweight claiming that Manny Pacquaio is scared to face him, nobody can prove him wrong because he's undefeated but he hasn't done anything to deserve being mentioned in the same class.

Let's be honest about tonight, Tatevosyan hadn't been stopped before in his career, but he was 26-7 (i think, feel free to correct me on that) with one of his greatest achievements as a fighter being a 12 round loss to Howard Eastman who is a Middleweight. In truth Tatevosyan still looked a Middleweight or at least a weight division below Froch tonight so it was no surprise at all to me that Froch swarmed all over him and blew him out in two rounds, I could see it coming from about 30 secs in.

Fair enough, you can't blame a fighter for beating what's put in front of him but can you imagine if Joe Calzaghe had fought Sergei Tatevosyan tonight? Peter Manfredo is one thing but Joe would have been ridiculed beyond belief for this.
In short I like Froch and think he's a good prospect but until he proves anything more he needs to keep his mouth shut.

Tatevosyan has recently been 12 with Bute and caused him all sorts of problems, plus has a win over current European Champ on his record.
Manfredo has Faught at 152, And has lost to a guy who fights at Light Welter. Thats the same size as Ricky Hatton and Junior Witter. Has you ever seen these guys?? They are Tiny. How can anyone who seriously watches boxing call this fight anything other than a complete fraud. Manfredo realy is not very good.
You say this Russian guy looked a middle yet big up Calzaghe for wanting Hopkins who is a nateral Middleweight is he not?? and smaller than Calzaghe. He would no doubt have pulled out due to another imaginagy injury.
Seriously These guys are responsible for British boxings future.
A Generation of fans grew up watching Benn, Eubank, Watson all fighting each other in massive fights, how is anyone going to be inspired by so called great Calzaghe having lots of meaningless fights againsed hand picked small guys. It is time for Calzaghe, Froch, Kessler to inspire the next generation of Fight fans.
Who else do you suggest Froch fights? because to be fair Hennessy has trouble finding opponents. Robin Reid was offered fight for British and Commonwelth with lots of notice. He didnt want to know.
Give me some names.
Froch will soon be Kesslers manatory WBC challenger. Will Calzaghe want to unify, doubt it, far too risky.

FeelTheA-Force
03-24-2007, 05:31 AM

calzaghe has been a champion for 10 years...
calzaghe fights PPV...
calzaghe fights in front of more ppl..

calzaghe dont need him..

rooq
03-24-2007, 10:32 AM
if froch had been at this level 2 or 3 years ago then this fight would probably have happened.

unfortunately i can only see joe fight twice a year from now and only against US recognised opponents. i'd have liked to see joe fight froch but its not gonna happen and its not because he's scared no matter how much froch calls joe out..

i still think the cobra will be world champ but he won't be taking the title from joe.

MickyHatton
03-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Froch is an excellent fighter and will become a world champion, his win last night was impressive as it was supposed step up in class and he won well.

But...its all about attaining the next level and Froch has done that but I am certain that he is not in the same league as Calzaghe yet, if ever (same for Manfredo)

I can understand the view of adietheforestfa around Calzaghe's career choices but what he has achieved cannot be forgotten, he is about to defend his title for the 20th time and has beaten some good fighters along the way. Don't forget we only now dismiss the Lacy win with the hindsight of the way Calzaghe destroyed him, prior to the fight Lacy was the favourite yet Calzaghe was a class above him.

I would like to see Froch take on a Lacy or someone like Andrade (regardless of the outcome of the Kessler fight) before pushing for a Calzaghe fight, if he can beat those guys then he should then be given the chance to take on Calzaghe.

Saying that Calzaghe has stated that he will move up to Light Heavy after the Manfredo fight so.....

Peder
03-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I know many of my fellow Danes on this board won't agree, but i think Froch would be a decent opponent for a voluntary defence of Kesslers belts. He hasn't done enough to claim the fight, but neither has many of the other prospects. Bute aims for the IBF belt, Mundine has been done, Sauerland don't want to let the IBF Belt to leave Germany to early, JC is looking for something in the US, Kessler needs more exposure before he could get a big US name... Kessler vs. Froch - Why the hell not? If none of the mentioned gives in.

All this doesn't matter if Kessler doesn't prove himself tonight.. Can't wait!

!!! Beowulf !!!
03-24-2007, 12:00 PM
I know many of my fellow Danes on this board won't agree, but i think Froch would be a decent opponent for a voluntary defence of Kesslers belts. He hasn't done enough to claim the fight, but neither has many of the other prospects. Bute aims for the IBF belt, Mundine has been done, Sauerland don't want to let the IBF Belt to leave Germany to early, JC is looking for something in the US, Kessler needs more exposure before he could get a big US name... Kessler vs. Froch - Why the hell not? If none of the mentioned gives in.

All this doesn't matter if Kessler doesn't prove himself tonight.. Can't wait!

Don't worry, Kessler will beat Andrade.

.Mik.
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Put it this way. IF Froch fights and comfortably defeats either Lacy (as Calzaghe did, but better...by knock out perhaps so as to take account of the dip in Lacy's worth since Joe ruined him) or Kessler (as Calzaghe would be expected to), then Froch finally has a good reason to call out Calzaghe. He has something LEGITIMATE to back up his claims (beating an oft defeated Russian in whatever degree of ease is not a legitimate shout). UNTIL he does that, or UNTIL he defeats a genuine (top 2 or 3 as rated by most of the belts) then ****ing shut up about fighting Calzaghe.

kayjay
03-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Kessler vs. Froch would rank right up there with Pavlik vs. Miranda, maybe even ahead of that match. The difference is the latter is actually going to take place

adietheforestfa
03-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Put it this way. IF Froch fights and comfortably defeats either Lacy (as Calzaghe did, but better...by knock out perhaps so as to take account of the dip in Lacy's worth since Joe ruined him) or Kessler (as Calzaghe would be expected to), then Froch finally has a good reason to call out Calzaghe. He has something LEGITIMATE to back up his claims (beating an oft defeated Russian in whatever degree of ease is not a legitimate shout). UNTIL he does that, or UNTIL he defeats a genuine (top 2 or 3 as rated by most of the belts) then ****ing shut up about fighting Calzaghe.

Sounds like your a bit paranoid. Whats wrong, you are scared the cobra will give calzaghe a beating. Manfredo is a ****in joke. Face it Calzaghe is nothing but a dodger and you know it.

adietheforestfa
03-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Froch is an excellent fighter and will become a world champion, his win last night was impressive as it was supposed step up in class and he won well.

But...its all about attaining the next level and Froch has done that but I am certain that he is not in the same league as Calzaghe yet, if ever (same for Manfredo)

I can understand the view of adietheforestfa around Calzaghe's career choices but what he has achieved cannot be forgotten, he is about to defend his title for the 20th time and has beaten some good fighters along the way. Don't forget we only now dismiss the Lacy win with the hindsight of the way Calzaghe destroyed him, prior to the fight Lacy was the favourite yet Calzaghe was a class above him.

I would like to see Froch take on a Lacy or someone like Andrade (regardless of the outcome of the Kessler fight) before pushing for a Calzaghe fight, if he can beat those guys then he should then be given the chance to take on Calzaghe.

Saying that Calzaghe has stated that he will move up to Light Heavy after the Manfredo fight so.....

He might move up to light heavy, but bet you he avoids clinton woods who is a quality fighter and is bigger than Calzaghe

rooq
03-24-2007, 04:03 PM
He might move up to light heavy, but bet you he avoids clinton woods who is a quality fighter and is bigger than Calzaghe

would hbo want calzaghe - woods? like it or not, joe is in bed with hbo now and no fight will take place unless they are interested in it.

if he moves up to lhw he'll have to fight hopkins or tarver for it to get shown.

.Mik.
03-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Sounds like your a bit paranoid. Whats wrong, you are scared the cobra will give calzaghe a beating. Manfredo is a ****in joke. Face it Calzaghe is nothing but a dodger and you know it.

I dont see how you could possibly come to such a conclusion.

Froch is a good fighter but he HAS NOT proven his worth. For Calzaghe to fight him he needs to be one of two thigs 1). A big fight in terms of credibility (which he isnt YET), or 2). A big name fight in terms of money (which he isnt YET).

If he fights and defeats some big fighters, I will be the first person in line saying that Calzaghe ought to give him a chance, but he needs to do that first. You dont get a title shot against the top guy in the division without bringing much money to the table, just cos you've knocked out a couple of C list fighters.

Have a bit of ****ing sense here. Calzaghe is the top guy, Froch isnt on his level yet. He MAY be, but he needs to prove himself to be a worthy challenger first. Calling out Calzaghe every opportunity BEFORE proving his worth and guys like you who build him up to ridiculous degrees, while knocking down the proven pedigree of Calzaghe doesnt do anyone any good. It just makes Froch look like he is another hype-job.

number6
03-25-2007, 04:13 PM
I dont see how you could possibly come to such a conclusion.

Froch is a good fighter but he HAS NOT proven his worth. For Calzaghe to fight him he needs to be one of two thigs 1). A big fight in terms of credibility (which he isnt YET), or 2). A big name fight in terms of money (which he isnt YET).

If he fights and defeats some big fighters, I will be the first person in line saying that Calzaghe ought to give him a chance, but he needs to do that first. You dont get a title shot against the top guy in the division without bringing much money to the table, just cos you've knocked out a couple of C list fighters.

Have a bit of ****ing sense here. Calzaghe is the top guy, Froch isnt on his level yet. He MAY be, but he needs to prove himself to be a worthy challenger first. Calling out Calzaghe every opportunity BEFORE proving his worth and guys like you who build him up to ridiculous degrees, while knocking down the proven pedigree of Calzaghe doesnt do anyone any good. It just makes Froch look like he is another hype-job.

Good post,some good points there.
Personally,i think Froch is a good fighter with decent power.I think he comes from a very good amateur background as well.I think he should take the Europian title route before he talks about Calzaghe or even Kessler.Although Froch has looked classy against fairly limited opposition he sometimes comes across as a touch lazy in some of his longer fights.His workrate isnt the best and he looks to me like he takes the odd round out now and again.
He will be a danger for most fighters as he has good skills and power but i think Kessler and Joe would both outpoint him with big margins if they fought sometime soon.
I do think he has a lot of potential and will be good enough for a major title one day,but not just yet.

adietheforestfa
03-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Good post,some good points there.
Personally,i think Froch is a good fighter with decent power.I think he comes from a very good amateur background as well.I think he should take the Europian title route before he talks about Calzaghe or even Kessler.Although Froch has looked classy against fairly limited opposition he sometimes comes across as a touch lazy in some of his longer fights.His workrate isnt the best and he looks to me like he takes the odd round out now and again.
He will be a danger for most fighters as he has good skills and power but i think Kessler and Joe would both outpoint him with big margins if they fought sometime soon.
I do think he has a lot of potential and will be good enough for a major title one day,but not just yet.

The current european champ has lost to the russian guy froch beat on friday. do you realy think this is the route he should take??
personally i would like to see him in final eliminator with Bute, then Kessler.

rooq
03-26-2007, 02:25 AM
The current european champ has lost to the russian guy froch beat on friday. do you realy think this is the route he should take??

unfortunately bute is going to be in an IBF eliminator with bika, and then he should beat berrio for that title. shame because i think the ibf was froch's best chance of a title.

after seeing how kessler handled andrade, i think froch could find it difficult landing that killer knock out punch which he will need to win the fight. kesslers movement together with punch output and speed was really ****in impressive. i'd still like to see froch get the chance though. i'd be interested to see how froch adapts to a fighter like kessler.

number6
03-26-2007, 03:29 PM

I suppose thats a fair point,but i would still like to see him in a few more fights against some of the better fighters out there before he thimks about Kessler or Joe.

adietheforestfa
03-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I suppose thats a fair point,but i would still like to see him in a few more fights against some of the better fighters out there before he thimks about Kessler or Joe.

Please name some of these fighters, because Hennessy cant get Froch fights because guys just dont want to Fight him, Robin Reid didnt want to know.

adietheforestfa
03-28-2007, 02:10 PM
If Calzaghe is that good why doesnt he just fight Froch and shut him up. There is money in this fight even without HBO. Would easily sell 15000 ticket at £30-40. Thats around Half a million without ITV money too.
Put it on Same bill as Hatton vs Witter, and Haye vs Macrenelli. would sell out any Footy ground in England. would get 60,000 in Eastlands or 80,000 in Old Trafford, I know im dreaming and this will never happen. It would be biggest boxing night ever.

number6
03-29-2007, 01:17 PM
Please name some of these fighters, because Hennessy cant get Froch fights because guys just dont want to Fight him, Robin Reid didnt want to know.

I was thinking maybe Soliman,Beyer then go for Mundine.Although Soliman and Beyer have just come off defeats they would still be a step up in class compared to who he has beat so far.Im sure he could beat all 3 but getting the fights is a different matter.

If Calzaghe is that good why doesnt he just fight Froch and shut him up. There is money in this fight even without HBO. Would easily sell 15000 ticket at £30-40. Thats around Half a million without ITV money too.
Put it on Same bill as Hatton vs Witter, and Haye vs Macrenelli. would sell out any Footy ground in England. would get 60,000 in Eastlands or 80,000 in Old Trafford, I know im dreaming and this will never happen. It would be biggest boxing night ever.

Calzaghe is in a race against time to establish himself in America,so i dont see him fitting Froch into his agenda.
What a bill it would be though.