View Full Version : headshots or bodyshots ??

willywhyte
03-22-2007, 11:30 PM
which can you take better ?

i personally would prefer headshots all night if i could pick haha
until i get sum ripped motha****in washboard abs, im gunna have a problem with the body shots. and not just that, im not like chunky or nothing, my abs are hard, u can see a lil definition in them... but whe ni get hit on the ribs or in the liver, im hurtin.

how can i fix that

-GBGQ-
03-22-2007, 11:43 PM

until i get sum ripped motha****in washboard abs, im gunna have a problem with the body shots. and not just that, im not like chunky or nothing, my abs are hard, u can see a lil definition in them... but whe ni get hit on the ribs or in the liver, im hurtin.

how can i fix that

I used to keep an extremely high guard because of my naiveness that I couldn't possibly be hurt to the body......until it happened once, and only once.

From then on I decided to protect both.

willywhyte
03-22-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah i know some guys who are like that too, they can take body shots for hours. i dunno, the body has a button too, if someone hits u right on the ribcage with max power, or right on the liver. its gunna hurt. but it also depends on how ur flexxing ur abs and if ur breathing... like if ur in the middle of taking a deep breath, and u get cracked on the ribs and ur not even flexing.. OUCH, its gunna hurt anyone, no matter how ripped ur abs are

aljon
03-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Body shots without a doubt, I'd rather have my body punished than my brain, and yes I know the feeling of a hard body shot...

The Surgeon
03-23-2007, 01:57 PM

how can i fix that

Ive never been hurt up stairs but i caught a left hook to the ribs from the Scottish Light Middle champ (at the time) And was NOT feelin to great! Didnt go down but was hurt as hell!

Evil_Meat
03-23-2007, 05:34 PM
IMO body shots hurt more than headshots, a guy who can't hurt to the head can still hurt u to the body with a good shot

Kayo
03-23-2007, 06:11 PM
imo i dont mind getting hit in the face but i cant stand getting popped in the nose..

willywhyte
03-23-2007, 10:42 PM
yah im just waiting for the broken nose... its coming soon lol. but if you keep your chin down it doesnt hurt too bad... and yea i see most ppl agree with me about the body shots being brutaler... but every man can be knocked out to the chin if its hit in the right spot. thats fo sho. keeps those hands up :boxing:

Jimmy The Gent
03-24-2007, 08:34 AM
definately body shots, in sparring anyways. I've never been great at taking rib shots

ERI104
03-24-2007, 02:49 PM
I took one heavy shot to the body from a pro heavy weight while sparring... i'm just a welterweight and damn did that hurt like hell. but i would still much rather get hit in the body because if i took that hit to the head i would not be here right now.

NYCHeavyHitz
03-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Career-wise head shots will definitely cut your longevity short, so I prefer to take body shots.

hemichromis
03-25-2007, 09:23 AM
i can take head shots better but i worry about cumulative damage. neurological tissue doesn't repair anywhere near as quickly or effectively as the tissues of the body

boxer Of thE World
03-25-2007, 12:24 PM
body shot with a guy my weight definatly u get hit in the body it makes you not want to fight even when the round is still going thats when you really get hit

SquareCircle
03-25-2007, 12:36 PM
when im not at the gym i ask guys i know to come train with me. all are over 200 lbs, i wrap their hands and glove them up, and after a little convincing pitch, I let them unload on my body as i walk forward into everything. one time my stomach was so bruised up. I let a dude I used to play football with in high school unload on my mid section like that but the guy doesn't smoke and still ran and stuff, weighed about 260 lbs, and he had pretty good stamina. He had to have landed close to 100 shots,

anyway my point is, do some crazy training like that and just keep your hands up and you wont have to worry about body shots as much. medicine ball training is one thing, but its better to just glove a guy up and let him unload to your mid section while you stand in and take it. just make sure he's smart enough to know not to hit you in the heart.

it will also change the way you define pain from a normal persons definition of it, but your perception of that has to already be different than a normal persons if you're dabbling in boxing to begin with

Chris46
03-27-2007, 04:08 AM
I can take body shots better, head shots ftw though!!!

boxer2k5
03-27-2007, 04:17 AM
most def a head shot
i rather not take any shots
period but u gonna get hit in the
head more u remeber those body
shots that make u wish u chose
baseball instead of boxing lol