View Full Version : professional conditioning

me2007
03-22-2007, 09:53 AM
i've decided to get back into competitive boxing. I want to have some more amatuer bouts at the end of the year. I am in bad shape at the moment. I have about 22% body fat and am unfit.

I wanted some tips on getting back into shape...i mean professional shape. I need a diet and some schedule to get me into a professional level of conditioning.

I have weights, a punch bag and a road to run down...

any help or advice from people who are fighting in amateurs or pro's would be greatly appreciated (apart from that dud who got ko'd 8 times in his first 9 fights)

thanks.

DA1CATAS
03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
i've decided to get back into competitive boxing. I want to have some more amatuer bouts at the end of the year. I am in bad shape at the moment. I have about 22% body fat and am unfit.

I wanted some tips on getting back into shape...i mean professional shape. I need a diet and some schedule to get me into a professional level of conditioning.

I have weights, a punch bag and a road to run down...

any help or advice from people who are fighting in amateurs or pro's would be greatly appreciated (apart from that dud who got ko'd 8 times in his first 9 fights)

thanks.

Try to start running your 3 miles in about 27 minutes... this should be a formidable task since you say your out of shape... this gives you 9 minutes a mile which should be a nice start to getting back in shape.

Try to do endurance rounds instead of just hitting the bag.. EXAMPLE: hook up hook down for 3 minutes... 2-3-2 for 3 minutes.... 1-2-4 for 3 minutes... You can make many different combinations as you know... but do the same one over for that round.

Jumping jacks are very underated... thats all I'll say for them.

Push-ups should be equal to breathing....

Shadowboxing is a must.

These are just some things to start off with to get back into top shape.

You woudln't believe my diet that got me to my picture if i told you so imma let someonelse tell you what to eat.

good luck hope to see you fighting soon.

Catastrophe

me2007
03-22-2007, 10:55 AM
thanks thats some good advice

DoctorKillJoy
03-22-2007, 12:35 PM
You woudln't believe my diet that got me to my picture if i told you so imma let someonelse tell you what to eat.

Catastrophe

Now I'm curious... whats this unbelievable diet you're on?

FeelTheA-Force
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
thanks thats some good advice

what was your record ?

as a pro boxer?

me2007
03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
i've never boxed professionally, just amateur... i meant i want to have the conditioning of a professional

DA1CATAS
03-22-2007, 01:10 PM
Now I'm curious... whats this unbelievable diet you're on?

Well I'm at the point where I can eat whateva I want and not have a problem with weight...

For the last month I've been having strawberry milkshakes like everyday ever since someone introduced me to "steak&shake" I'm hooked... hasn't affected my weight any though...

I love to eat pasta...anything pasta.. I have bread like everyday.

and those toaster strudels are evil because they are like a drug... i eat them constantly... can't help it.

Thats no boxers diet but i guess once you get to a point of fitness it balances... Because I still run.. i go to the gym 5 days a week... and I spar a whole lot.. so yea thats my diet.

DoctorKillJoy
03-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Well I'm at the point where I can eat whateva I want and not have a problem with weight...

For the last month I've been having strawberry milkshakes like everyday ever since someone introduced me to "steak&shake" I'm hooked... hasn't affected my weight any though...

I love to eat pasta...anything pasta.. I have bread like everyday.

and those toaster strudels are evil because they are like a drug... i eat them constantly... can't help it.

Thats no boxers diet but i guess once you get to a point of fitness it balances... Because I still run.. i go to the gym 5 days a week... and I spar a whole lot.. so yea thats my diet.

Nice. How much are you running?

DA1CATAS
03-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice. How much are you running?

saturdays i run 7 miles... just distance not timing...

I run sprints about 3-4 times the week 3:00X4 after or before training

Mornings I try to run 3 miles b4 work.