View Full Version : new guy

2skinny2fight
03-20-2007, 12:18 AM
hey guys just wanted to say i am glad i found this site, its great

i have a couple questions and any help would be greatly appreciated,

first off i am 6'2 and i weigh right now about 177, i am a slim build, i went from 161 to almost 185 then i have lost weight to "tighten up" my end goal is about 185 or so?

as far as boxing and fighting goes, i did sum typical martial arts when i was younger, and not much traditional boxing, i have been messing around quite a bit with brazilain ju-jitzu as well, well i have since been trrying to improve, fro my size i think i have a pretty good hit, and i can use reg or south paw, my left is not to shabby lol, but since i am tall, i have a good reach and seem to be decently quick, but the one thing i have a problem with is getting in close, i know i have the power one the inside, but i guess im just use to fighting differently and most of the time when people hook or throw staight power hits at me i move back istead of taking it low and working inside? is my height making it "unatural" to bob and weave?

and i think its cus maybe i could improve on my "feet" but im not sure, any advice would be great, and im sure i am leaving infromation out that yall would need to give me good advise, so any thing u might need to know just ask, thanks alot!

mike

Phunky Villian
03-20-2007, 12:36 AM
man to me, ur weight and height are ok.
basicly, your body doesnt want you on the inside, remember when you step back, got to the side aswell, getting caught stepping straight back can be fatal. due to your hieght, you should box and work from the outside. but due to you wanting to get heavier, your going to get some heavier and maybe taller fighters than yourself, so learn to get in and out with one or maybe two shots. hope ive helped.
peace!

2skinny2fight
03-20-2007, 12:49 AM
yea when i do go back, i do go to the side, infact i am constantly rotaing one way or the other depending on my stance, i work the outside well, and i usually wait untill they open up, then i go in with a combo or sum sort, but right afterwards im back to "full guard" when i think i should stay inside and finish them off..?

Phunky Villian
03-20-2007, 12:53 AM
yea when i do go back, i do go to the side, infact i am constantly rotaing one way or the other depending on my stance, i work the outside well, and i usually wait untill they open up, then i go in with a combo or sum sort, but right afterwards im back to "full guard" when i think i should stay inside and finish them off..?

no, only go for gold if u feel it can be done at that moment in time, it has to be a 100% certain feeling. at the end of the day, if you win you win, a ko is just a bonus.

2skinny2fight
03-21-2007, 11:01 AM
any one else have any ideas?