View Full Version : So...when's Haye-Mormeck?

rooq
03-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Assuming Haye moves back down to CW after his next fight he should be fighting mormeck next as the WBC mandatory challenger.

Thats unless Don King manages to set up Bell as mandatory challenger so he can promote Mormeck-Bell III in about 14 months time...

But assuming the WBC stick to their word and give Haye the title-shot how do you see this fight going?

Both fighters have stamina issues, and both fighters can bang. Personally, I think if Haye lets himself get tagged like he was doing against Fragomeni he will be in serious trouble against Mormeck. On the other hand, Mormeck looked in trouble at times against Bell and could himself go down if caught by Haye.

Whichever way it goes i can see it being a damn good fight!

Jim_Davis
03-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Will I ever get to see Haye shut Hide up?

riza
03-19-2007, 04:24 PM
both fighters defence is terrible but haye has better boxing ability imo. he would prob ko mormeck

The Surgeon
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
No idea bud but i know it will be a great fight! I give Haye the ever so slight edge! Id have rather it was Haye vs Bell even more so tho! :boxing:
Any1 else think going to heavy only todrop backdown and fight the division #1 is stupid?

OptimusWolf
03-19-2007, 04:46 PM
I've got Mormeck, even though he's far too bulky to have stamina at 200. I can't see Hayr having the chin to take a Mormeck barrage.

Having said that Haye hits even harder than Bell and has more ability so could catch JMM and put him to sleep.

DavidPayne
03-19-2007, 04:46 PM
Now the very beatable Bell is vanquished, Haye will never return to Cruiserweight. He has bulked up significantly since turning professional, will be ranked by the WBC if he beats Bonin at heavyweight, and with Briggs, Maskaev both holding belts will believe he can compete at the higher, bigger earning weight class.

He's been moaning for two years about making 200lbs.

Mormeck is a tricky, non-American opponent. It wont excite British or American fans.

I just dont think Haye will return to the division.

adietheforestfa
03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
A fight i will definitely go and see.
I think Haye will win by stoppage inside 8.

The Monk
03-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I would favour Haye. Dont think Mormecks beard is good enough to take a hayemaker. But if it goes the distance i would have to go with Mormeck.

adietheforestfa
03-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I would favour Haye. Dont think Mormecks beard is good enough to take a hayemaker. But if it goes the distance i would have to go with Mormeck.

I agree, The Monk talks sense yet again.

Phunky Villian
03-20-2007, 12:07 AM
when he wants to, haye can knock out a beasty right hand!!!
haye to win if it happens!

duffgun
03-20-2007, 04:56 AM
i would give haye the slight edge and say maybe a late KO for him, but mormeck is good and if haye dosent keep his defence tight he could get KO. as for him moving back down to cruiser, i think it depends if he can get a top 10 heavy to fight him after the bonin fight if so he will stay at heavy if not he may move down to cruise for one last time.

rooq
03-20-2007, 07:09 AM
i hear mormeck is actually trying to line up a unification fight with the polish ibf champ and so may get dispensation not to fight his mandatory just yet...all depends on the wbc. if this is the case theres no point in haye coming back down to cw.

duffgun
03-20-2007, 08:22 AM
i hear mormeck is actually trying to line up a unification fight with the polish ibf champ and so may get dispensation not to fight his mandatory just yet...all depends on the wbc. if this is the case theres no point in haye coming back down to cw.

i hope not i realy want to see this fight happen.

rooq
03-21-2007, 02:00 AM
a few reasons haye could win this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sORAvCv1Yj0

from his website

FeelTheA-Force
03-21-2007, 04:15 AM
Assuming Haye moves back down to CW after his next fight he should be fighting mormeck next as the WBC mandatory challenger.

Thats unless Don King manages to set up Bell as mandatory challenger so he can promote Mormeck-Bell III in about 14 months time...

But assuming the WBC stick to their word and give Haye the title-shot how do you see this fight going?

Both fighters have stamina issues, and both fighters can bang. Personally, I think if Haye lets himself get tagged like he was doing against Fragomeni he will be in serious trouble against Mormeck. On the other hand, Mormeck looked in trouble at times against Bell and could himself go down if caught by Haye.

Whichever way it goes i can see it being a damn good fight!

DUPLICATED THREAD,,

MINE WAS FIRST...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113139

rooq
03-21-2007, 02:02 PM
strange...that thread only seems to have appeared at just after 10pm last night.

man, you're as slow as audley trying to get out of the way of a right hook.