View Full Version : Woods-Gonzalez Lands on Hatton-Castillo Card

BIGPOPPAPUMP
03-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Promoter Dennis Hobson told UK media outlet ITV, that IBF light heavyweight champion Clinton Woods will meet Julio Gonzalez in the chief support to Ricky Hatton defense of the IBF junior welterweight title against Jose Luis Castillo. The bout with Gonzalez is a rematch of their 2005 meeting, which Woods won on points. [details (http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=7779)]

SAN D13GO VILLAN
03-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I'll be their! anybody have their 1st fight?

RAESAAD
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow, this is going to be a hell of a card.......:boxing:

H.EastmansBeard
03-14-2007, 06:03 PM
I like watching Clinton fights, hes strong and gritty. I think he can beat anyone in the division on his day, though Dawson should be able to dominate the division in a year or two. Should be a decent fight, Woods has been progressing well, hopefully the long layoff wont affect his performance.

The Monk
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Clinton is a fighter who has made the most of whats been given to him. He knows he hasnt got great skills but he works his socks off in training and puts 110% into every fight. Would like to see him in a career defining fight soon though. I would favour him over gonzalez, in their first fight woods looked comfortable for the most part.

adietheforestfa
03-15-2007, 06:18 PM
I like watching Clinton fights, hes strong and gritty. I think he can beat anyone in the division on his day, though Dawson should be able to dominate the division in a year or two. Should be a decent fight, Woods has been progressing well, hopefully the long layoff wont affect his performance.

Clinton is a good fighter. Should be very popular but another british fighter with limited TV coverage in UK. There is a lot of quality British boxers at the moment they should all be broadcast to the masses on BBC or ITV
Woods
Haye
Macrenelli
Froch
Witter
Mitchell
and on and on

duffgun
03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I would like to see him fight chad dawson after this, i think that would be a good fight, i got chad winning it.