View Full Version : What if they pull straight back?

potatoes
03-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Run them down. Sultan Ibragimov demonstrates:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANy-vuD2HZ0

kayjay
03-13-2007, 02:52 PM
The title 'Wild Bomb' is inappropriate

potatoes
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
In boxing too many diseases go untreated. Pulling straight back is one of the worst diseases of all. In Europe it has become an epidemic. Sultan Ibragimov has figured out the cure and that is how he will beat that pampered *****, Wladimir Klitschko.

kayjay
03-13-2007, 03:07 PM
In boxing too many diseases go untreated. Pulling straight back is one of the worst diseases of all. In Europe it has become an epidemic. Sultan Ibragimov has figured out the cure and that is how he will beat that pampered *****, Wladimir Klitschko.

Wow. Wlad has flaws and occasionally pulling straight back is one of them. And it is true that Sultan has the right style to beat him. But c'mon now, you'd have to still favor Wlad over Sultan. Wlad would only have to land a few punches to end that fight.

CletusVanDamme
03-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Wow. Wlad has flaws and occasionally pulling straight back is one of them. And it is true that Sultan has the right style to beat him. But c'mon now, you'd have to still favor Wlad over Sultan. Wlad would only have to land a few punches to end that fight.

I don't agree with that. Sultan got caught with a great shot by Austin that would have stopped Wlad. Sultan is tougher with the better chin. I think he rapes Klitscko myself.

potatoes
03-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Yes, if Ibragimov just stands in front of Klitschko as did Byrd and Brock, he too will get knocked out. However, if he does his homework, he will beat Klitschko and make it look easy. Pulling straight back is an integral part of Klitschko's style. An opponent who is coming to fight must find a way of dealing with it.

kayjay
03-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, if Ibragimov just stands in front of Klitschko as did Byrd and Brock, he too will get knocked out. However, if he does his homework, he will beat Klitschko and make it look easy. Pulling straight back is an integral part of Klitschko's style. An opponent who is coming to fight must find a way of dealing with it.

But when Wlad pulls straight back he keeps his left hand out and up. Ibragimov cannot land the exact punch he floored Austin with. Also, Ibragimov had more and more trouble getting inside on Austin as that fight progressed. Wlad is very difficult to get inside on, much more so than Austin is.

BrooklynBomber
03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Guys, you seriously overrate Ibragimov. Kid's stamina is so awful and his head movement is non existant. This will be another target practice, with Wlad using more straight punches, since Sultan is a lefty.
Oh and before you call a fighter with the best resume in the devision a *****, please go **** yourself, potatoes.

-Antonio-
03-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Wlad by KO. Sultan lost to Austin imo. He got knocked down another time, but the ref didnt count it. I think he would have the same trouble with Wlad as he did with Austin because of the big height and reach difference.

-Antonio-
03-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Someone should post the vid of Sultan trying to come inside on Austin and getting knocked down twice.

BrooklynBomber
03-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh, and as it was seen, Austin is much smaller than Wlad.
Anyways, not much hope for Ibragimov there.

potatoes
03-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Someone should post the vid of Sultan trying to come inside on Austin and getting knocked down twice.

Somebody should post a video of Klitschko getting knocked down by a fat old man from South Africa.

-Antonio-
03-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Somebody should post a video of Klitschko getting knocked down by a fat old man from South Africa.

The same guy who stunned Vitali atleast a couple times?

Kid Achilles
03-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Sultan will fare better than Brock and Austin, that's for sure.

I would have to favor Wlad however. Still, Sultan is a guy to watch. He, Peter, and Wlad are the three most exciting heavyweights around. For the sake of boxing's popularity, just hope that they can continue to succeed.

potatoes
03-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Sultan will fare better than Brock and Austin, that's for sure.

I would have to favor Wlad however. Still, Sultan is a guy to watch. He, Peter, and Wlad are the three most exciting heavyweights around. For the sake of boxing's popularity, just hope that they can continue to succeed.

Let's face it, Peter is hopeless, Ibragimov is inconsistent and Klitschko isn't a real fighter. The future is with guys like Boytsov, Povetkin and maybe some other hungry young wolves lurking in the shadows.

j
03-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Oh, and as it was seen, Austin is much smaller than Wlad

they are both around 6'6" depending on the measurement. i've heard wladimir to be anywhere from 6' 6" to 6' 7 3/10".

either way, they are both approximately the same height and weigh the same as well. austin did have the 2 inch reach advantage. difference is klitschko has skills.

Anyways, not much hope for Ibragimov there

absolutely agree.

Guys, you seriously overrate Ibragimov

agree. he isn't horrible or anything like that, but he's(ibragimov) nothing more than a footnote in the heavyweight scene even though there are a slightly less amount of marketable heavies right now as opposed to many of the prior decades.

now, moving straight backwards is not necessarily a good habit to be comfortable with. however, klitschko being among one of the top hardest punchers in heavyweight history, he hasn't needed to worry about defence as much as other boxers. in the last 4 or 5 fights he has shown a remarkable ability to change his game as needed. instead of just half stepping backwards. he will side step or just tie up the opponent for a second.

now fellas, let's not be too hard on potatoes. it's not like he is a boxer, martial artists, or any kind of trained fighter. i'd bet he has no formal trainng of any kind. might as well just ignore his repetitively ignorant comments instead of following them up - it's not like he's going to learn anything or say anything insightful.

leff
03-14-2007, 02:13 AM

exactly what current hw is better than wlad?

potatoes
03-14-2007, 12:37 PM
exactly what current hw is better than wlad?

Depends on how you define the term "better". Many of the top ranked heavies could beat him despite having inferior skills. I have already explained how in my previous posts.

leff
03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Depends on how you define the term "better". Many of the top ranked heavies could beat him despite having inferior skills. I have already explained how in my previous posts.

who is better in general

leff
03-15-2007, 05:05 AM
who is better in general

dont tell me you cant answer my question?

BmoreBrawler
03-15-2007, 09:39 AM

If youre tall as **** and unreachable from a distance because of it, pull straight back is fine.

potatoes
03-15-2007, 12:13 PM
If youre tall as **** and unreachable from a distance because of it, pull straight back is fine.

Yeah, I know, but tell that to Ray Austin.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Watch friday night fights and you'll see 2 undefeated heavyweights better than Wlad....

New breathe is coming into boxing.... also I think Samuel peter can get him this second time around.

kayjay
03-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Watch friday night fights and you'll see 2 undefeated heavyweights better than Wlad....

New breathe is coming into boxing.... also I think Samuel peter can get him this second time around.

No heavies tonight, though Dimitrenko fights tomorrow in Stuttgart. Who were you talking about??

I disagree about Peter-Wlad, but in any case there's no need for 'new breathe', the world is just fine with Wlad Klitschko on top of it.