View Full Version : whats the best remedy for a sprained wrist?

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I ****ed up my wrist on the 150lb bag today, ne thing I can do to get it better quickly?

Nacho_Analstain
03-06-2007, 09:09 PM
no more wanking for you sunshine

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
real responses please.

shawn_
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
rice, rest ice compress elevate.

There is nothing you can really do besides that. Take a break until its completly healed. Dont start working the bag again until its totaly recovered. If you do, you could re-injur it, and that is not fun.

shawn_
03-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Also, Ive seen your videos. You look like a hard puncher. If you are using mexican gauze hand wraps I would suggest you start using the less flexible, but more supportive cotton wraps.

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Also, Ive seen your videos. You look like a hard puncher. If you are using mexican gauze hand wraps I would suggest you start using the less flexible, but more supportive cotton wraps.

the 1s u use in real fights?

phallus
03-06-2007, 11:17 PM
the 1s u use in real fights?

maybe start using heavier gloves too, is that 150 pounder unlined? a lined bag is better, u don't get wrist injuries

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 11:19 PM
maybe start using heavier gloves too, is that 150 pounder unlined? a lined bag is better, u don't get wrist injuries

i dunno if it is. and I wear 16s on the bag. I have a really hard impact on it and I think I turned my wrist wrong on a left hook.

phallus
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
i dunno if it is. and I wear 16s on the bag. I have a really hard impact on it and I think I turned my wrist wrong on a left hook.

i've read that cheap bags are unlined - hurts wrist. i'm thinking of buying a bag, i'm getting a lined one.

Rockin'
03-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Give it rest and some ice. ................Rockin':boxing:

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 11:24 PM
i've read that cheap bags are unlined - hurts wrist. i'm thinking of buying a bag, i'm getting a lined one.

naw this was an everlast bag. its a 400 dollar bag.

Trick
03-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Rest man, rest it up, and try to reduce movement, and weight in your hand. Beyond that the wrist being "****ed up" is kinda general, if you were a little more specific I could maybe give better advice. Do you have a tensor bandage? Also, anti-inflammatories (even ice) would be an assest. Chemical ones are great if you need them, but I wouldn't recommend anything stronger than asprin unless you get it from a doctor, and for the most part, most you'll need a perscription for anyways. In which directions does it hurt to move the wrist? Is rotating also hard? Is holding say 10lbs in the hand painful? Do you have a history of wrist injuries? Is it your dominant hand? I've seen your vids, so I know you don't have small wrists, finally, can you grip as hard as usual or not? Finally, make sure you're specific, make sure where the pain is: wrist, hand or forearm (that's not to say that it couldn't be both).

Peace,
Trick

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Rest man, rest it up, and try to reduce movement, and weight in your hand. Beyond that the wrist being "****ed up" is kinda general, if you were a little more specific I could maybe give better advice. Do you have a tensor bandage? Also, anti-inflammatories (even ice) would be an assest. Chemical ones are great if you need them, but I wouldn't recommend anything stronger than asprin unless you get it from a doctor, and for the most part, most you'll need a perscription for anyways. In which directions does it hurt to move the wrist? Is rotating also hard? Is holding say 10lbs in the hand painful? Do you have a history of wrist injuries? Is it your dominant hand? I've seen your vids, so I know you don't have small wrists, finally, can you grip as hard as usual or not? Finally, make sure you're specific, make sure where the pain is: wrist, hand or forearm (that's not to say that it couldn't be both).

Peace,
Trick

there is just tention i can feel pain on the left side of my wrist on my left arm.holding things over 10lbs hurts yeah.and I have no history of bad wrist.but I think it will get better soon.

Trick
03-06-2007, 11:45 PM
Was it a one time thing, like after a punch, or did you only really notice after you were done training? Honestly, either way, should be fine, keep ice on it though, and reduce movement. Those tendons go through a very small hole in the bones of the wrist, so moving them will move them up against the sides of that hole (usually), which when they're already inflammed, is a bad thing.

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Was it a one time thing, like after a punch, or did you only really notice after you were done training? Honestly, either way, should be fine, keep ice on it though, and reduce movement. Those tendons go through a very small hole in the bones of the wrist, so moving them will move them up against the sides of that hole (usually), which when they're already inflammed, is a bad thing.

it was after a punch

eazy_mas
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
strectching abit and go to an expert on these stuff because sometimes there is one trick and all the pain is gone :

Trick
03-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Hmm, well honestly, after one punch is a little worse, as you may have done more traumatic damage to the tendon, as opposed to just irritating it. As tough as it is for a boxer, I wouldn't recommend workin' through the pain, I'd rest it until it's good to go. Even if it does go away eventually (the pain) you can actually develop chronic tendonitis if you work it while injured by calcification of the tendon (over calcification).

Peace,
Trick

Nacho_Analstain
03-07-2007, 12:06 AM
it was after a punch

anymore sparring vids?

Verstyle
03-07-2007, 12:07 AM
anymore sparring vids?

switched gyms today. so maybe ill spar soon.

The_Russian
03-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Ey mayne, try Icyhot, that stuff works wonders, or do it the Russky way, just go into a sauna n relax your wrist. Whenever I'm banged up that's what I do n it works, gl with that bro, hey do u have ne links to your posted vids?

aps214
03-08-2007, 08:49 AM
I ****ed up my wrist on the 150lb bag today, ne thing I can do to get it better quickly?

Hey Vers I'm sorry about your injury. I remember when Roy was training for Toney he hurt his right hand in sparring and never hit the heavybag again with it while training for that fight. Instead, he concentrated on making his left hook better and tripled up with it on the bag. Use your good hand to master and make it better while injured one heals.. Hope you feel better.

potatoes
03-09-2007, 12:51 AM

Is this your first serious injury? If it is you are about to discover the limits of your recuperative powers. An athlete with true potential heals quickly. There are any number of folk remedies for sprains, most of which are rather dubious. The best remedy is good genes.

By the way, did you forget to lock your wrists?

Verstyle
03-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Is this your first serious injury? If it is you are about to discover the limits of your recuperative powers. An athlete with true potential heals quickly. There are any number of folk remedies for sprains, most of which are rather dubious. The best remedy is good genes.

By the way, did you forget to lock your wrists?

naw its pretty much better now. 1 more day for full recovery. sooo in all like 3 days. and no not my first injuries. and yes i do heal rather fast especially with cuts and such.