View Full Version : Head Hurts

Danny101
03-06-2007, 04:13 PM
ok, when im working my heavy bag...with jabs its not that bad, but when i throw a right staright, its like my head hits my skull and it hurts kinda bad lol..like getting hit with a jab repeatly, but after like 5-8 mins working the bag it goes away...does anyone know what im talking about/know whats up with that? any help/info is greatly appriaciated

Bucktown Beast
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
If your head hurts when you are punching something that doesn't punch back then I would keep out of the ring.

DoctorKillJoy
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Are you whipping your head around when you throw punches?

Also, do you get headaches from other excercising? It could be related to blood pressure. You might want to check that out with a doctor.

*!#@PBRick@#!*
03-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Check your breathing... That might be the problem...

boxing4ever
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
maybee your throwing all your power into those rights which is causing you to become light headed due to wasting all your breath

shawn_
03-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I know what you are talking about, that use to happen to me. You are taking extend your punches a little to far. When you are hitting the bag, you make contact right as your arm locks and it sends a shockwave up your arm through your shoulder and to your head. You have to transfer your energy to the bag, not the other way around.

shawn_
03-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Im guessing that when you make contact with the bag, it almost feels like its pushing back at you. The pain goes away after a few rounds on the bag because you start to tire, and your punches get sloppier so you arnt locking your arm on impact any more.

Danny101
03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
thanks guys, i really appriaciate your help...when im working the bag tomorrow ill take note of what you all said and see if it helps...once again thanks

BmoreBrawler
03-06-2007, 11:15 PM
When I first started I had the exact same thing. It does go away eventually.

I wonder if It means you and I have a sensitive brain, my one time sparring I had a major concussion though I never got KO'ed.

Rockin'
03-06-2007, 11:16 PM
ok, when im working my heavy bag...with jabs its not that bad, but when i throw a right staright, its like my head hits my skull and it hurts kinda bad lol..like getting hit with a jab repeatly, but after like 5-8 mins working the bag it goes away...does anyone know what im talking about/know whats up with that? any help/info is greatly appriaciated

you are sending impact through your entire body when hitting a really heavy bag, including your mind. Take 2 aspirins and show up at the gym again in the morning.............Rockin':boxing:

Verstyle
03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
when i first started boxing,shadowboxing used to give me headaches.

Evil_Meat
03-06-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah i used to get some sharp stabbing pains on one spot on my head sometimes from shadowboxing, not anymore though

aljon
03-07-2007, 06:45 PM

I think I know what you're talking about, I had a friend a while ago complaining to me about that ****, you probably put your shoulder in your punch too much, that's not good because there's some nerves that go all the way back to your skull and I'm guessing it's a stinging kind of pain... It has nothing to do with blood pressure, mind or headaches or any bs like that...
What I suggest is to relax your neck and head while you're powerpunching and focus only on your punches up to your shoulder, some people tend to put even their head into the punch which is kinda wierd but it's true.. And it's not good...Just practice it becomes like a reflex and with time you don't have to worry about it... A lot of athletes have that problem not just boxers..So basically just separate your shoulder with your head while punching