View Full Version : Championships - Didnt make the weight!!

Manfredo Jr
03-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Back home already, ****ing gutted.

Was supposed to be 54kg's weighed in at 55.4kgs
Doctors would not let me try and lose it (doubt i would of could lost that weight anyways)

Thats a ****ing bastard cos by the looks of the sheet there was only me and another lad at 54kg with birth dates of 89, so we would not even of been boxing today. Straight to the finals in april 1st
but because i was to heavy thats me out

Could of been Junior Scottish Champ, but thats out the ****ing window

Famoso Matador
03-03-2007, 07:21 AM
So your opponent becomes champ by default?

Manfredo Jr
03-03-2007, 07:24 AM
im not sure, but im pretty sure that it wa sonlt me and him at that age and weight, i may be incorrect

Famoso Matador
03-03-2007, 07:46 AM
how come you did not make the weight? I figured boxers would constantly check there weight a day before a fight.

Manfredo Jr
03-03-2007, 07:47 AM
how come you did not make the weight? I figured boxers would constantly check there weight a day before a fight.

i did, i was over weight last night, but i though on an empty stomach i would be ok

PunchDrunk
03-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Hmm, your trainer should be on top of that for you, especially if you're inexperienced. I had the same thing happen to one of my fighters once, when I was new at it. That'll never happen again! :)

Tuggers1986
03-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Unlucky mate, but just look to the future and atleast you know you'l make weight next time.

Southpaw Stinger
03-03-2007, 10:05 AM

Doctors would not let me try and lose it (doubt i would of could lost that weight anyways)

Thats a ****ing bastard cos by the looks of the sheet there was only me and another lad at 54kg with birth dates of 89, so we would not even of been boxing today. Straight to the finals in april 1st

you probably just naturally growing mate so the doctor was right not to try to make you lose it. It's gutting but you'll have other chances.

leff
03-03-2007, 11:28 AM

hmmm if it only was the 2 off you in your class i wonder why did diddent let you go.

i fought in -81 weiging in at 82, maybe i was excused because i only got 3 days notice, but they often let i pass.

real sad, but this will be lesson til next time

PunchDrunk
03-03-2007, 11:31 AM
hmmm if it only was the 2 off you in your class i wonder why did diddent let you go.

i fought in -81 weiging in at 82, maybe i was excused because i only got 3 days notice, but they often let i pass.

I guess that depends on where you're at. In this country they'd NEVER let that happen in a championship tournament. Local tournaments maybe, but not the nationals. And neither should they. It would be ridiculous to have a light heavy champ who was really a heavy. :)

leff
03-03-2007, 11:35 AM
you probabably just naturally growing mate so the doctor was right not to try to make you lose it. It's gutting but you'll have other chances.

very true, anyhow 54kg is very little for a 17 year old. whan i was 17 i was allready 80kg

PunchDrunk
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
People are all shapes and sizes. Manny Pac, one of the sports biggest stars, was 48 kg when he was 17. I don't see how 54kg is "very little" for a 17 year old at all...

Rockin'
03-03-2007, 01:40 PM
If you guys are that close in weight then you should arrange a club bout between you two after the tournies over. Kick his ass man and leave knowing your the better man.................Rockin':boxing:

Manfredo Jr
03-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Hmm, your trainer should be on top of that for you, especially if you're inexperienced. I had the same thing happen to one of my fighters once, when I was new at it. That'll never happen again! :)

he was i weighed in at 54.9 last nyt, i thought i would of been less on an empty stomach, i knew i was gonna have to skip of some on the day but that was a shock when i weighed in at that.

Manfredo Jr
03-03-2007, 01:56 PM

its the championships, very strickt (or however you spell it lol)

Southpaw Stinger
03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
People are all shapes and sizes. Manny Pac, one of the sports biggest stars, was 48 kg when he was 17. I don't see how 54kg is "very little" for a 17 year old at all...

for a caucasion male of 17 years old and 5'8 / 5'9 54 kg is very light particulary in this day and age. But thats his physique and he's molded his fight style on it.

leff
03-03-2007, 03:13 PM

uvanlig lett da om du vil.

poenget var jo at han ikke skal m***229;tte tenke s***229; mye p***229; vekta siden han er s***229; ung lett

leff
03-03-2007, 03:14 PM
he was i weighed in at 54.9 last nyt, i thought i would of been less on an empty stomach, i knew i was gonna have to skip of some on the day but that was a shock when i weighed in at that.

it wasnt from the champiopnship but the tbo is defintly on off the biggest if not the biggest yearly boxing event here in norway.

Kayo
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM

so you gained weight then...what did you eat?

PunchDrunk
03-03-2007, 06:37 PM

My point was that you should have been weighed on the same day of the weigh in, so you knew what the scales would say when you go in there. It's not supposed to be a guessing game, it's something you need to take control over. Bring your own scales if they don't have a trial weight, and weigh yourself in private.

PunchDrunk
03-03-2007, 06:41 PM
for a caucasion male of 17 years old and 5'8 / 5'9 54 kg is very light particulary in this day and age. But thats his physique and he's molded his fight style on it.

My point is a lot of people fight in lower weight divisions as adults, so if you're a bantamweight at 24, you're probably not a middleweight at 17. :)

I have a 13 year old middleweight, and a 17 year old jr. fly. People come in all shapes and sizes, so weighing 54kg doesn't need to have anything to do with whether he's 7, 17 or 27.

PunchDrunk
03-03-2007, 06:42 PM
uvanlig lett da om du vil.

poenget var jo at han ikke skal måtte tenke så mye på vekta siden han er så ung lett

Det kommer jo an på om han vil vinde. Så er man jo nødt til at veje det man skal :)

mgkirkpatrick
03-03-2007, 10:16 PM
unlucky dude. u didnt want to fight in the next division up?

Manfredo Jr
03-04-2007, 07:24 AM
so you gained weight then...what did you eat?

had a small chicken pasta salad when i got in from boxing on friday night, then some Special K with milk before i went to bed.

nothing in the morning except a small glass of water with a vitamin c tablet

Manfredo Jr
03-04-2007, 07:25 AM
unlucky dude. u didnt want to fight in the next division up?

i could'nt when i sent my entry form away i only put in for 54kg's plus they would not of let me fight at 57kg's they would of said i was too light

Manfredo Jr
03-04-2007, 07:31 AM
My point was that you should have been weighed on the same day of the weigh in, so you knew what the scales would say when you go in there. It's not supposed to be a guessing game, it's something you need to take control over. Bring your own scales if they don't have a trial weight, and weigh yourself in private.

yeah thats a decent idea, its just i usually make the weight no bother.

The Surgeon
03-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Unlucky Manfredo thats a bastard! Keep ur chin up there will be plenty other chances

platinummatt!
03-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Harsh man you know what to do for next time good luck

Manfredo Jr
03-04-2007, 02:00 PM
yeah i will get back down to 54 no bother

Mick Hucknall
03-04-2007, 02:16 PM
i think to be honest you should move up to 57

Manfredo Jr
03-04-2007, 02:21 PM
**** that theres no point, i will can get down to 54 again no problem.