View Full Version : Smoker Tomarrow Night

cybernica
03-01-2007, 02:59 PM
**edit**
Had the fight already videos on Page 2

So I have a fight on Friday, I was told that im fighting a friend of my which sucks because I was looking to let it all go in my first unofficial fight, but anyhow I still want to show some skill. Hes a bit smaller and quicker than me.

We both sparred other guys on Tuesday, and I sparred someone who is bigger and is a bit wild. I have sparred him before and he gave me my first black eye LOL, but this time was different, I have gotten alot better...and since he telegraphs his rights I found it alot easier to duck under it or move away. I stunned him with a counter righthand in the forth round (first time ever doing that) I back off..but it was fun. Anyhow the guy im fighting on friday sparred also, but he did not do so well, he was trying to fight inside which wasn't working out for him.

So anyway...here is a vid of my sparring the guy im fighting tomarrow, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I know I can do better..this vid was a couple months ago, I did better the last couple times we sparred..

White Gloves

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3727497530943700234&hl=en

Mick Hucknall
03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
which one are you

cybernica
03-01-2007, 03:05 PM
which one are you

White gloves my bad...

Mick Hucknall
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
If you are the guy with the white gloves against a sharp boxer he would tag you with rights almost at will. You're jab looks a little lazy at times. You threw a nice 1-2 combo at 2:40

Mick Hucknall
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
You still looked pretty good and although at time your jab looked lazy you did a good job at keeping the other guy at distance which is what you should be doing with smaller guys

cybernica
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks...So you mean snap the jab back, gotta work on that...I think my output now is alot more than it was then, meaning the volume of punches...so using the jab is the main key, oh and he tends to gas out..which was bad for him on Tuesday.

Mick Hucknall
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
well yeh Your jab should have more purpose and more snap, you seem to be using your jab well to make an opening to land a straight right which you managed a number of times there to good effect. Just If i was sparring you I would of picked an opporunity to slip your jab and land a big right. Thats the only main fault I see in your boxing is you leave yourself open after the jab, but other than that your look decent and If you have size over the guy you're fighting then get too work on trying to make your jab sharper

cybernica
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
So when you say leaving myself open, how to correct that...bring it back to the guard or you mean like im squaring up?

Heres the third round..

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4682663483176506470&hl=en

Mick Hucknall
03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Mayb its because your jab is kinda slow and when you bring it back you bring your hand back low leaving you vulnerable to a right hand

-Antonio-
03-01-2007, 03:38 PM
That gym is nice as hell.

If you stick behind your jab in the fight you should be fine because when you did that in the video, he looked lost. And if he ever tries to throw that lazy ass right hook in your fight like I saw him do a few times load up on a straight right.

-Antonio-
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
See what happens when you dont throw your jab? He smothers you.

cybernica
03-01-2007, 03:53 PM
See what happens when you dont throw your jab? He smothers you.

Yep...I tried to shell up, they don't hurt though...im used to sparring bigger guys, his speed throws me off...but like I said i have gotten better...I'll try to tape the fight and you guys can see a before and after..

And the gym is cool man been training since june of '06

cybernica
03-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the advice all, I think it went pretty well....got a few things to work on, im hoping the jab was a better this time. I am in Red...any critque/opinion is welcome :boxing:

Here are the Vids:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5215281653189268505&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1997659830933499069&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3000972367745621724&hl=en

Kayo
03-03-2007, 04:29 PM
from the first round i noticed that you have to stop letting him bully you into the ropes cause thats where he lands those good shots

Chris46
03-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Ok so im saying this not to say what your doing ins wrong or that im much better cause i make the same mistakes. IMO i think after your jab your letting ur hand linger before bringing it up to guard properly, also you need to work a bit on your explosivness, his punches were alot more swift. None -the-less thats a really good ineresting video, i find it hard to find decent videos of people sparring and keep up the good work, your loking good in there!

shawn_
03-04-2007, 03:04 PM
pull your jab strait back to you after you throw it. You are droping your hand when you pull it back. You are gonna end up eating right hand counters, and it wont feel good.

Everything else looks pretty good.

shawn_
03-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Just watched the 3 rounds. Not bad. I like how you keep your right hand glued to your face.

One think you need to do, is not throw the right hand when you are walking forward, it leaves you off balance. When you are coming forward like that, double up the jab instead of throwing a 1-2. You always want your left foot to stay in front, always. Dont step in with the right. If you do, you can get caught off balance. The kid you were fighting didnt seem to like to throw hooks, but if you do that against sombody that does, you might end up on the canvas.

HANDZ
03-04-2007, 09:37 PM
much better then the first video's you posted ,you landed a few clean right crosse's that had some good pop.

IronNick
03-04-2007, 10:34 PM
was there a decision?

MOREBASS
03-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Good stuff bro. So how'd the fight turn out...?

I actually came into the gym in January after you told me about it...****...class kicked my ass, so I thought I'd come back in at least a little better shape. Dropped about 20lbs and stepped my cardio up a bit...So I should be starting sometime within the next week.

Gym is nice tho...but parking is a ***** around there...