View Full Version : going 2 become pro and as gud as Rocky marciano

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
im 17 and chinese =D. jus need sum motivation though.. i love the feel that u get before u have a fight ive had dat feeling alot in high school, i started goin 2 a boxing club 2 months ago and have kinda been on and off in going.. the onli reason 4 dat is because i aint allowed 2 spar. i need sum motivation anyone? and was wondering how i get my boxing license? and how to turn pro? last thing dere arent any good chinese/oriental boxers dat r pro init? i appreciate any help i can get thnxs

Kid Achilles
03-01-2007, 10:16 AM
If you can't spar yet, work on your conditioning. Rocky Marciano used to run 8-15 miles a day, as well as sprints and other cardio exercises. He trained like a madman. You need to be running at least 3 miles a day.

You should also be shadowboxing whenever you have free time. Ask your coach to show you how to shadowbox, if you don't know how.

David06
03-01-2007, 03:18 PM
If you need us to give you some motivation, you won't ever be anywhere as good as Marciano.

Southpaw Stinger
03-01-2007, 03:29 PM
If you need us to give you some motivation, you won't ever be anywhere as good as Marciano.

Well said.

HANDZ
03-01-2007, 04:10 PM
You have never sparred yet and you are judging your skill's off of 2 month's in a conditioning gym? and you wanna go pro right now ?:lol1:

RockyMarcianofan00
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM

True that...

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 04:58 PM
LOL im lazy all round chill out like. i mean motivation as in going dere onli 2 train kos the coach wont let anyone spar for 3-4 months. bdw i onli started boxing 2 months ago but got loads of experience from all the fights ive had. LOL remember da name yeh-Trey

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
You have never sparred yet and you are judging your skill's off of 2 month's in a conditioning gym? and you wanna go pro right now ?:lol1:

kos i got talent and ambition, not gonna be tinkin i shuld w8 2+ years b4 i go pro. wanna get there as soon as i can.

PunchDrunk
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Your last name pretty much sums up my feelings about this thread so far... Ha!

HANDZ
03-01-2007, 05:12 PM
kos i got talent and ambition, not gonna be tinkin i shuld w8 2+ years b4 i go pro. wanna get there as soon as i can.

boxing isnt a street fight where everything goes and the fight last no longer then 2-3 minute's,You have to learn technique and the Science if you cant throw proper punches and your conditioning isnt up to par your gonna get knocked the **** out plain and simple no matter how many fight's you have had in school have you ever fought in any Amateur tournament's yet? well who am i kidding you havent even sparred before lol you might wanna re-consider going pro as of right now unless you are Liu Kang .

Jim_Davis
03-01-2007, 05:17 PM

lol you cant say that for definent.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 05:23 PM
dont footballers who love playing football at school go yeh im gonna b playing 4 real madrid wen im older? yeh dat mos probs wont eva happen but the ambitions dere. whats the difference with saying i wanna be a pro boxer? and quite a few of pros i seen r completely ****. none of u mans have drive or ambition u jus wanna aim 4 sum **** target i.e. i wanna win some AMATUER level fightin ur not even thinkin of bein a pro making a name 4 urslf.

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 05:28 PM
boxing isnt a street fight where everything goes and the fight last no longer then 2-3 minute's,You have to learn technique and the Science if you cant throw proper punches and your conditioning isnt up to par your gonna get knocked the **** out plain and simple no matter how many fight's you have had in school have you ever fought in any Amateur tournament's yet? well who am i kidding you havent even sparred before lol you might wanna re-consider going pro as of right now unless you are Liu Kang .

^^^ What he said.

Boxing is not fighting. Fighting is not boxing. My gym is in a very bad neighborhood, and lots of very tough men come into our gym thinking they're gonna represent because they're good streetfighters, only to have a skilled (sometimes only moderately-skilled) boxer smear them across the canvas. Sometimes it's from lack of conditioning, sometimes it's from being restricted to only employing two fists and their brain. Usually it's a combination of both. Learn to box, welcome to the brotherhood. But don't fool yourself into thinking that being street tough means you're ready for the pros. You still have many mountains to climb, friend.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
bdw normal fights whueva says dats nuthin like boxing is chatting ****. u dont c gud fighters throwing random punches plus dey try dodge the ones coming 2 dem LOL aint dat the basics of boxing? wastemen LOL talking bout me wanting 2 go pro early? amir khan i swear hes onli won 11 matches? dont he already want a world title shot already? and how old is he? 20-21? and i swear he wanted a title shot last year? u wastemen shuld quit boxing u lot aint got no drive

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 05:35 PM
bdw normal fights whueva says dats nuthin like boxing is chatting ****. u dont c gud fighters throwing random punches plus dey try dodge the ones coming 2 dem LOL aint dat the basics of boxing? wastemen LOL talking bout me wanting 2 go pro early? amir khan i swear hes onli won 11 matches? dont he already want a world title shot already? and how old is he? 20-21? and i swear he wanted a title shot last year? u wastemen shuld quit boxing u lot aint got no drive

You don't see "gud fighters" in street fights. You watch too much Walker Texas Ranger.

Go pro after a few months of conditioning. Let us know how it goes for you.

HANDZ
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
dont footballers who love playing football at school go yeh im gonna b playing 4 real madrid wen im older? yeh dat mos probs wont eva happen but the ambitions dere. whats the difference with saying i wanna be a pro boxer? and quite a few of pros i seen r completely ****. none of u mans have drive or ambition u jus wanna aim 4 sum **** target i.e. i wanna win some AMATUER level fightin ur not even thinkin of bein a pro making a name 4 urslf.
Your saying if you went pro today your ambition would make you successful?
for a guy who is yet to even spar in his life,and is judging boxing off high scool fight's i would say your pretty much Food to the sport beside's the fact how many trainer's and manager will invest time and money in to any one who has No amateur experience and can barley stand for 1 or 2 round's ? im just comparing the Real and un-realistic's of what your Goal consist of but who am i to judge?.. contact your local athletic commission and they will give you more info on your inquire for a application on obtaining a pro license.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
=DD dum guy dere LOL did i say i wanna go pro now? and dum guy number 2... hmmm... y do boxers box? dnt dey like fighting? dont dey like the adreneline rush? before dey started boxing dey musthave had fights b4 dat aint i correct? so LOW chatting **** bout gud fighters dont get into fights. LOL how can dey even b gud fighters without even fighting inda 1st place? dum ****

-Antonio-
03-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Are you in a hurry? Stop writing in short hand and spell the words out. It takes me 5 minutes to read a short paragraph. Fighting in the street is totally different than fighting in the ring. Once you spar, you will know that.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
im 17 im not as formal as u sorry. haha whats the complete difference between normal fights and boxing? both aim 4 accurate hits 2 hurt, both try dodging, both need 2 move about 2 avoid getting hit, both try to win. LOL whats the difference? cept dat boxing u need 2 train.. use fancier footwork.. hold ur guard up.. dats the onli difference

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 06:05 PM
=DD dum guy dere LOL did i say i wanna go pro now? and dum guy number 2... hmmm... y do boxers box? dnt dey like fighting? dont dey like the adreneline rush? before dey started boxing dey musthave had fights b4 dat aint i correct? so LOW chatting **** bout gud fighters dont get into fights. LOL how can dey even b gud fighters without even fighting inda 1st place? dum ****

Nearly every fight I've ever seen has been two untrained idiots flailing at each other. On the rare occasions when I have seen a skilled fighter completely dominating someone in a scrap, he was always the one who tried to avoid the fight. I grew up on an Indian Reservation where fighting was the main pastime, and I worked nights as a musician in bars for years and saw fights all the time.

What makes you a good boxer is exactly the opposite of what makes a street punk. Discipline, determination, character, courage, faith in yourself. Those things are as important as learning to throw a proper jab. The traits you develop as a boxer are exactly the OPPOSITE of the traits that make you want to go out and get in street fights. Boxing is not pointless violence. Boxing is a sport. And because of that, what makes a respected boxer is the opposite of what makes a respected streetfighter: sportsmanship, prudence, decency, humility, respect, and compassion. These are as much a mark of manhood in the ring as are violence and brute strength.

It's ironic, but by the time you've trained hard enough to become a good boxer, you'll understand how stupid fighting is. If you don't know the difference, you have a lot to learn.

David06
03-01-2007, 06:11 PM
lol you cant say that for definent.
Oh come on how many champions do you think ever needed a reason from someone else to do what they do? If they don't have the desire and the determination within them, nothing anyone can tell them will make them put in the necessary work to be successful.

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh come on how many champions do you think ever needed a reason from someone else to do what they do?

True, but then, I can't right off think of any champions who've had their heads jammed so far up their own asses as this guy. Trey Ha's head is so far up there he could chew his own eyeballs out. I hope for his sake he's an alt, but he reminds me all too much of the long line of tough guys who come into our gym talking big, then get owned in their first sparring session and never come back.

David06
03-01-2007, 06:17 PM
True, but then, I can't right off think of any champions who've had their heads jammed so far up their own asses as this guy.
I'm almost certain that he has to be a gimmick account. No one this dumb could turn on a computer, find his way to this forum, and register an account. Not with parental assistance anyways.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:19 PM
...? noone sed i go out 4 street fights. i dont delibretly go out picking out fights. u shulda read my 1st post i personally think it showed determination and faith in myslf. and shulda read my otha post it says i wanna make a name 4 myslf 'not go boxin 4 pointless violence. last thing i enjoy the rush i got b4 all the fights i had bkos dey wer arranged 4 afta skl so we wuldnt b expelled the fight got started how evry fight starts stupidness. yeh i was nervous but wen i won i had a feelin i kan get fom any

Verstyle
03-01-2007, 06:20 PM
if he has dreams and stuff let him fulfill them.He will learn his mistakes on the way tot hat dream

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:23 PM
LOL u mans r funny so wasted. y do u box? 4 the sake of it? dnt u wanna b pro makin money? b known? doin sumthin u like? LOL tell me y. kos those r my reasons

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
LOL u mans r funny so wasted. y do u box? 4 the sake of it? dnt u wanna b pro makin money? b known? doin sumthin u like? LOL tell me y. kos those r my reasons

My reasons are my own. You want to know them, earn it.

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
if he has dreams and stuff let him fulfill them.He will learn his mistakes on the way tot hat dream

Man, I hope you're one of the mistakes he makes. :kiss:

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE=David06;2187142]Oh come on how many champions do you think ever needed a reason from someone else to do what they do? If they don't have the desire and the determination within them, nothing anyone can tell them will make them put in the necessary work to be successful.[/QUO ey dum guy i bet ur a white bwoi kos ur so dum. i neva asked 4 a reason 2 do it dum ****. i was askin 4 abit of motivation LIKE HOW FOOTBALL COACHES MOTIVATE PLAYERS I.E. YEHH JUS DO EXTRA TRAINING YOULL GET 2 YUR GOAL QUICKER

David06
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
If you're in it for the money or fame, you're in it for the wrong reasons.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
LOL fraidycat u know im right theres no otha reason y sum1 shuld box otha dan the ones i gave. LOL wasteman to ***** to even agree

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=David06;2187142]Oh come on how many champions do you think ever needed a reason from someone else to do what they do? If they don't have the desire and the determination within them, nothing anyone can tell them will make them put in the necessary work to be successful.[/QUO ey dum guy i bet ur a white bwoi kos ur so dum. i neva asked 4 a reason 2 do it dum ****. i was askin 4 abit of motivation LIKE HOW FOOTBALL COACHES MOTIVATE PLAYERS I.E. YEHH JUS DO EXTRA TRAINING YOULL GET 2 YUR GOAL QUICKER

Well, you came to the wrong place. Or at least, you went about it like a moron. This is a forum for people who bleed for what they want. Coming in here and telling us you haven't even sparred yet but you're going to be the next Marciano is stupid and you're gonna piss us off.

At my gym, a noob talking **** ensures that his first sparring session will likely be his last, because that kind of talk will get you :owned: and send you crying home to your mommy with tampons jammed up your nose.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:38 PM
If you're in it for the money or fame, you're in it for the wrong reasons.

dum guy agen LOL i clearly wrote... money, get known, and doing sumthing i like.. ur saying im innit 4 the wrong reasons? give me the right reasons 4 wantin 2 be pro. and if it seems right il apologise and quit my goals p.s. i dnt c ricky hatton donating the money he gets 4 each fight to charity

David06
03-01-2007, 06:40 PM
dum guy agen LOL i clearly wrote... money, get known, and doing sumthing i like.. ur saying im innit 4 the wrong reasons? give me the right reasons 4 wantin 2 be pro. and if it seems right il apologise and quit my goals p.s. i dnt c ricky hatton donating the money he gets 4 each fight to charity
Haha there is no doubt in my mind that you are a gimmick account. You've run your course, no you can just quietly slip away into oblivion.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
yo cat u didnt give me ur reasons. bdw dont ppl hu play football go... im gonna be the next maradona? yet dey have neva play in a propa match onli normal skwl matches? hmm... y wuld i say il b da nex marciano? yet i aint even spared? kos dats what a goal is u dum ****. like taking ur 1st eva test and saying im gonna ace dat.

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 06:45 PM
yo cat u didnt give me ur reasons.

Damn right. You didn't earn it.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:46 PM
Haha there is no doubt in my mind that you are a gimmick account. You've run your course, no you can just quietly slip away into oblivion.

cant u answer my question? 2 dum dat u have 2 try avoid it?

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Damn right. You didn't earn it.

...i dont know u so i cant earn it. come on PLEASE i really want u to prove me wrong.

David06
03-01-2007, 07:13 PM
...i dont know u so i cant earn it. come on PLEASE i really want u to prove me wrong.
You really want to know why? Why I box? What attracts me to this sport?

It's the desire to be the best. To be the best at everything I do. To train the hardest, put in more hours at the gym than the next guy, be in better shape than anyone I fight, wake up every day with the intention on improving what I did the day before. It's to achieve something, so that at the end of the day, I can look back and say "Yeah, I did that."

That is why I box.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 07:20 PM
sorry man u didnt prove me wrong kos u wanna stay amatuer ur whole life doin it as a hobbie whereas i want to progress to the top.

kNIVEK2
03-01-2007, 07:24 PM

just to let you know, oscar de la hoya has never been in a street fight.

David06
03-01-2007, 07:25 PM
sorry man u didnt prove me wrong kos u wanna stay amatuer ur whole life doin it as a hobbie whereas i want to progress to the top.
Ha if this isn't a joke, then I don't even know what I could possibly say to prove to you otherwise.

When I say the best, I don't mean the best between me and the other guy in the ring. Yeah that's what I need to do every fight, but I want to be better than EVERYONE. I want to be the guy that people fear. The guy nobody wants to fight. And honestly, if you're boxing competitively and that isn't your goal, I don't know what you are doing in this sport.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 07:44 PM
i dont mean street fight i mean ANY kind of fight. so if u want to be the best ur gona have to turn pro right? when u turn pro ur gona get paid and people r gona know u which = fame am i not correct? i swear u sed the reasons y i box r wrong? which wer money, make name 4 myslf, turn pro and kos i like it. u saying dats rong.

David06
03-01-2007, 07:50 PM
i dont mean street fight i mean ANY kind of fight. so if u want to be the best ur gona have to turn pro right? when u turn pro ur gona get paid and people r gona know u which = fame am i not correct? i swear u sed the reasons y i box r wrong? which wer money, make name 4 myslf, turn pro and kos i like it. u saying dats rong.
I don't care about the money. Just because fame and money are effects of being the best, does not mean that I want to be the best BECAUSE of the fame and money.

Don't get it twisted. And I hate myself every time I reply to you because I know you are just here to **** with everyone.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
whos here to **** with everyone? u lot took me off subject. if u dont care bout the money then ur saying ud just give the money away if u were a pro? and not spend none of it? y do u want to be the best? so people can know dat yeh hes the best which equals fame. kos people know u even though u dnt no dem. at the end of the day ud rather b VIP dan an ordinary guy, ud rather have spare money dan jus scrape by ud rather do something u enjoy dan work at mcDs.

David06
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
whos here to **** with everyone? u lot took me off subject. if u dont care bout the money then ur saying ud just give the money away if u were a pro? and not spend none of it? y do u want to be the best? so people can know dat yeh hes the best which equals fame. kos people know u even though u dnt no dem. at the end of the day ud rather b VIP dan an ordinary guy, ud rather have spare money dan jus scrape by ud rather do something u enjoy dan work at mcDs.
No, I wouldn't give all my money away if I was a pro. I would like to make enough money to live comfortably, but whether that is through boxing or any other means, it's irrelevant.

You're right, I don't want to work a minimum wage job for the rest of my life, barely getting by. But there are plenty of ways to make money. That isn't the reason I choose to box.

And I also don't care about the fame. I'm doing this for myself. I guess you just can't understand.

Think about this. I wrestled in high school(I'm still in HS, but my wrestling career is finished). HS wrestling. That's pretty small-time. No money involved. No fame, other than maybe getting your name in the newspaper in 10 point font. But still, I worked my ass off to be the best that I can be. Same way it is with boxing.

Trey_Ha
03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
u still in high school? how old r u?

neway i get wat ur sayin u jus wanna no ur de best at boxing in whateva weight division u r
but what im saying is i want my life to be boxing i want my career to be boxing i want to provide 4 people i.e. family with money from boxing i want to be known 4 boxing i.e. people talk about my upcoming bouts. i want to b a pro boxer walkin out 2 thousands in Las vegas. i want 2 b on TV boxin i want 2 make a name 4 myself. lol i dont no how u culd say im in it 4 de reasons

southorthatyler
03-04-2007, 02:37 AM
How do you go pro? Im not ready yet, ive had 12 fights, won them all, but ive got alot to go, but how does that process work?