View Full Version : A Guide to Beating a Boxer

Peterp
03-01-2007, 10:15 AM
We better be cowering with fear now fellas, the blueprint is out there to beat us.

http://www.wongkk.com/general/videos-western-boxing.html

Southpaw Stinger
03-01-2007, 10:24 AM
We better be cowering with fear now fellas, the blueprint is out there to beat us.

http://www.wongkk.com/general/videos-western-boxing.html

I find things like that amusing.

Manfredo Jr
03-01-2007, 10:28 AM
im not even gonna read it, but i bet half its bull****

me2007
03-01-2007, 11:36 AM
how would you know you are fighting a boxer unless its in a ring....it could be an mma guy or anyone just throwing punches....

i want to know how mr wong would defeat a bullet speeding toward his left nut.

fraidycat
03-01-2007, 12:30 PM
"Using the Double Dragon Hands at the Box (sic) -Arrow Stance is an effective way to keep an agile boxer at bay. The boxer soon becomes tired from his bouncing about, while you are still relaxed and full of energy..."

If you're in a fight with a black-belt in Kung Fu and you "bounce about" long enough to get tired, you deserve to get your ass kicked.

What's interesting about that page is that it it makes constant references to a boxer having the advantages of speed and agility against a Shaolin. High praise, indeed.

platinummatt!
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
The guy at the top of that page isnt throwing that jab properly.

Trick
03-02-2007, 03:20 AM
We're finished...

hemichromis
03-02-2007, 09:41 AM
if it was that easy surely someone would have learnt the kung fu, entered the ring and kicked every boxers ass

platinummatt!
03-02-2007, 11:08 AM
you cant do kung fu kicks etc in the ring

squealpiggy
03-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Daw that and found it fairly amusing. Especially this part:

a modification of "Green Dragon Shoots Pearl" in Taijiquan.

Mate, if your "pearl shooting dragon" is green no amount of Chinese Martial Arts is going to help you. See a doctor!

And it's easy to beat someone who isn't trained in boxing but who is trying to use boxing techniques. Someone who is trained in boxing and skips around isn't getting tired before you do!

phallus
03-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Daw that and found it fairly amusing. Especially this part:

Mate, if your "pearl shooting dragon" is green no amount of Chinese Martial Arts is going to help you. See a doctor!

And it's easy to beat someone who isn't trained in boxing but who is trying to use boxing techniques. Someone who is trained in boxing and skips around isn't getting tired before you do!

ah so, pearh shooting gleen dlagon

j
03-02-2007, 11:48 PM
guys, you have nothing to fear from these guys. or so i've read.

i haven't seen anything impressive from these guys on the net. i don't even think they spar.

maybe when i have a bit more time, i will look at the site and it's boxing defence and give you guys a (fighter's) perspective.

eazy_mas
03-03-2007, 12:07 AM
"Using the Double Dragon Hands at the Box (sic) -Arrow Stance is an effective way to keep an agile boxer at bay. The boxer soon becomes tired from his bouncing about, while you are still relaxed and full of energy..."

If you're in a fight with a black-belt in Kung Fu and you "bounce about" long enough to get tired, you deserve to get your ass kicked.

What's interesting about that page is that it it makes constant references to a boxer having the advantages of speed and agility against a Shaolin. High praise, indeed.

the forgot about the power toughs and reflex many other more and just mention this. speed and agility is good if you know how to use them same with boxer vs boxer or any mma vs mma

if it was that easy surely someone would have learnt the kung fu, entered the ring and kicked every boxers ass

well some fighter did that like Chris Eubank he taken some takewando but i dont think it deep enough but it good to know each style to make you boxing style more effective

guys, you have nothing to fear from these guys. or so i've read.

i haven't seen anything impressive from these guys on the net. i don't even think they spar.

maybe when i have a bit more time, i will look at the site and it's boxing defence and give you guys a (fighter's) perspective.

it not fear but it could reavle how to box more effectivly make a style that is harder than to adapte. usually when you see some of you weakness you dont ignor it but you try to make it better even if someone dissing you with it.

but i agree with the kick to the leg it boxer biggest weakness ever

j
03-03-2007, 05:07 AM
it not fear but it could reavle how to box more effectivly make a style that is harder than to adapte. usually when you see some of you weakness you dont ignor it but you try to make it better even if someone dissing you with it.

but i agree with the kick to the leg it boxer biggest weakness ever

when i said that you boxers here have nothing to fear, i wasn't really talking about you guys being scared. i meant, this isn't anything to sweat.

i'll try to be diplomatic about this.

a quick look at how they are describing the plan to beat trained boxers, or atleast boxing orientated fighters, doesn't look too promising. this is my impression alone from thier descriptions and short vid clips.

1) "Footwork Against Western Boxing": first of all, these guys have to be beginners. i can't even fathom the thought that some, or even a few, are advanced students. the clip showed people coupled together where one guy was attempting to imitate a boxer bouncing around his opponent much like ali would. the kung fu guys seemed to be on the defence in a mostly stationary guard position.

right off the bat here many things didn't look right. one, the boxer imitators didn't have thier hands higher than thier waist much/most of the time. as the people who actually box here know that you always have at least one hand near chest height.

absolutely no boxing rhythm here. none. nearly every boxing imitator was literally skipping around. i don't want to sound like an *******, but the word "fairy" popped into my mind while watching the "boxer's" footwork. i also noticed that there seemed to be no inclination to clinch or approach the "kung fu" guys in a meaningful manner. we know that boxers don't simply dance around thier opponents. in fact, hardly ever do they/we.

the "on guard" stance adopted by the kung fy guys was very inflexible. an angled lower leg kick would be all that is needed. too much front weighting.

anyways, the practice seemed to be mostly "dead" practice - meaning more cooperative with little or no resistance or risk of getting hit. no advancements were made by the "boxers." not a good imitation for sure. and one more note, they mention tiring out the boxer several times by letting him bounce around. perhaps they are unaware that boxers don't bounce for 3 minutes per round and they/we surely wouldn't fight that way in a street fight.

2) "Counters against a Boxer’s Attacks": this demo is limited to specific techniques instead of basic principles. one, what is demonstrated in the clip will not work well with gloves on, if it even does at all. i would've loved to see the instructor do his technique against a punch with some juice behind it. in a streetfight, it stands a better chance. however, a trained boxer isn't just going to yield like the demonstration shows.

you know, i'm not even going to continue with the last 2 or 3. i think i have said enough already. point proven.

general thoughts: i do not practice shaolin kung fu or a derivitive of. however, from viewing the clips and some other stuff on thier site, the biggest advantage they could have over a boxer is awkwardness. that, and if they had some powerfull and accurate kicking. the people in the short clips, in general, don't seem to have developed good spacing let alone martial intent. chances are that even a novice boxer could pounce on them and land a meaningfull punch.

it's a bit late and my thoughts are a bit jumbled. hope i made sense. i have more beer to slam!