View Full Version : First fight coming up, a few questions

veldrak
03-01-2007, 05:26 AM
Hey guys just a few questions.

1/Leading up to a fight, is there and specific training i should do?

2. Is there specific food i shoul dbe eating?

3. I walk at 58/59, should i drop to 57 or up to 60?

4. whats so important about running/training in the morning, compared to evening/night?

Thanks

American_Ninja
03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Hey guys just a few questions.

1/Leading up to a fight, is there and specific training i should do?

2. Is there specific food i shoul dbe eating?

3. I walk at 58/59, should i drop to 57 or up to 60?

4. whats so important about running/training in the morning, compared to evening/night?

Thanks
When you run doesnt really matter. Whatever your routine is.
Do your work, heavy bag, conditioning, sparring if possible.
Depending what time you will be fighting, eat a good meal the night before, pasta, carbs, and a light meal the day of, 3-4 hrs prior to fight.

potatoes
03-01-2007, 03:06 PM
Leading up to a fight, you should have learned these things already. On an individual basis, preparing for a fight is much too complicated to be summed up in a few sentences. The general principles of training apply to everybody, however we are not all starting from the same place. You should not be going into a fight without the aid of a qualified trainer, and a qualified trainer would have already been explaining these things to you.

littlegiant
03-01-2007, 08:13 PM
I would be training hard the week prior, more just speed work on wed and a very light session on thur and fri resting(This is for a sat fight). I eat more protein at the begining of the week and mainly carbs thurs onwards. The weight you should fight at will depend on your height, build but more importantly where you feel strongest. Personally I dry out unless I'm giving away weight. I don't think it really matters when you work out, just try keep to a routine. Some people prefer not to work out too late in the evening/night as it causes them to have difficulty falling asleep. All said and done though, as potatoes said you should have a trainer who should be explaining these things to you, this is just what my trainer found works for me. Best of luck for your fight.

veldrak
03-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks very much guys.

I suppose my trainer should be telling me this stuff, but what ive been doing is just increasing what i already do.

Up until about a week before fight, I skip every morning, run, do exercises, sparring. Then after school more sparring, bag work, speed bag. Some shadow sparring

How does this look? I would say I am training about 3 hours a day.

As for my build height it is very muscular and 5'8. So I was thinking at 57 ,might be best.

I dont use any weights or medicine ball. Are these reccomended?

FIGHTING_FLIP
03-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Thanks very much guys.

I suppose my trainer should be telling me this stuff, but what ive been doing is just increasing what i already do.

Up until about a week before fight, I skip every morning, run, do exercises, sparring. Then after school more sparring, bag work, speed bag. Some shadow sparring

How does this look? I would say I am training about 3 hours a day.

As for my build height it is very muscular and 5'8. So I was thinking at 57 ,might be best.

I dont use any weights or medicine ball. Are these reccomended?

well i would say medicine ball is reccomended..it wont hurt to get your abs a little harder...well yeh it will but like my sig says..hard work in the gym = easy work in the ring.

Run
03-02-2007, 03:58 AM
lol all that jazz.

Go ****ing hit him in the mouth. If that doesn't hurt him, throw something below the belt or sneak in a couple of elbows.

I'm being 100% serious.

veldrak
03-03-2007, 02:16 AM
I only have one more problem, then ill stop pestering.

I still have a gut over my abs. I train hard every day, eat pretty close to perfect (no fast food, chocolate, nothing like that). I dont smoke, drink or do drugs. But i still cant get rid of it. When i tense its pretty ripped, but when i let it go it hangs out. maybe its just because im eating too much, because when i wake up its pretty flat. im not trying to look pretty, just concerned.

thanks