View Full Version : bad week affecting training

boxing4ever
02-28-2007, 08:35 PM
ok everyone the past 6 days have been like hell and its affecting my training big time as far as running is involved i havent ran in a week due to me getting sick last week. I havent ran since last thursday, and now everytime i think about running i get this bad thought and lazy feeling.if you guys dont know but latly its been very hard to get in some decent sleep for me mostly 5-6 hours each night!

RAESAAD II
02-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Just chill playa and start getting some good rest.Try to ignore people who are negative toward you and just regain your focus and composure.In a couple of weeks you will be feeling good again and then whip their asses.....in the ring.If they do not present productive sparring for you don't even **** with em unless they are your only options......I don't box personally but would think you would want to spar to help you learn and get experience not get in and try and KO each other because you dislike each other.

boxing4ever
02-28-2007, 08:45 PM
thanks man ya i wish i could just spar for better more often but for the past 2 weeks i have just been fighting in there not really learning

RAESAAD II
02-28-2007, 08:49 PM
thanks man ya i wish i could just spar for better more often but for the past 2 weeks i have just been fighting in there not really learning

Do us all a favor if you would and cut and paste that gif of Tarver and paste it below your sig banner so that it will not be so wide.......could you do that for me young man?lol I am acting all old and ****.:lol1:

boxing4ever
02-28-2007, 08:50 PM
ok will do

RAESAAD II
02-28-2007, 08:52 PM
ok will do

You are a good man......:boxing:

-Antonio-
02-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Theres no shame in taking a week off man.

boxing4ever
02-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Theres no shame in taking a week off man.
i just weighed in at 169 thats ****ing nuts man 9 pounds in one week omg:ugh:

boxing4ever
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
today sucked guys i ran out of breath for everything running,lifting,and sit ups it felt like hell coming back form a week off

-Antonio-
03-01-2007, 12:48 AM
You will feel back to normal after this week.

Animal Squabbs
03-01-2007, 02:18 AM
today sucked guys i ran out of breath for everything running,lifting,and sit ups it felt like hell coming back form a week off

oh yeah, how do you think I felt getting back in the gym when I ballooned up to 300 from 235?

Kayo
03-01-2007, 03:02 AM
everyone has a bad weel, but i've noticed after a bad week i feel great once i get through it. Keep your head up and keep training hard

boxing4ever
03-01-2007, 08:00 AM
thanks for the motivation guys i hope i do good and better next time i run(friday) and lift but it felt like i was 400 pounds and never ran or lifted in my life last night

Trick
03-02-2007, 03:23 AM
We all get bad weeks, man, I'm having a lackluster week myself. It happens. Sometimes it's better to take it easier during that week, as you may be getting sick, or maybe to stressed. Just don't let that week turn into a month...

me2007
03-02-2007, 01:14 PM
The thing to remember is the zero tolerance policy.

If you are on a diet, and you eat a biscuit, your mind has broken a barrier, you are then far more likely to eat something else bad....this can snowball into a binge...

Similarly, if you miss a day of running, you are more likely to miss two days, and then a week, it also snowballs.

A pattern can emerge from these bahaviours and before you know it you could be eating crap all day and doing no training.

The human brain likes barriers and starting from a clean slate, which is why its hard to go out for a run when you haven`t done it in 4 days...you may feel yourself wanting to wait until a monday comes around for a clean slate...

to prevent all of these things happening, never eat crap (unless you planned a cheat meal in your diet) and never miss a workout unless absolutely necessary...

your mind will ultimately judge whether or not you will be successful..

Everything starts with a thought, control your thoughts and you have mastered yourself. and your environment.

mschill
03-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Just work to get back into your training and everything, there's no reason to be ashamed of taking a week off and relaxing; everyone deserves it. Just try and get back into your schedule and everything and you'll be fine. As for the sparring situation the guy's a prick; sparring is only for traning purpose and not to "knock the other guy out" so don't worry too much and just learn from your experience. there are *******s everywhere, just use that anger to focus more on training. Cheers.

boxing4ever
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
The thing to remember is the zero tolerance policy.

If you are on a diet, and you eat a biscuit, your mind has broken a barrier, you are then far more likely to eat something else bad....this can snowball into a binge...

Similarly, if you miss a day of running, you are more likely to miss two days, and then a week, it also snowballs.

A pattern can emerge from these bahaviours and before you know it you could be eating crap all day and doing no training.

The human brain likes barriers and starting from a clean slate, which is why its hard to go out for a run when you haven`t done it in 4 days...you may feel yourself wanting to wait until a monday comes around for a clean slate...

to prevent all of these things happening, never eat crap (unless you planned a cheat meal in your diet) and never miss a workout unless absolutely necessary...

your mind will ultimately judge whether or not you will be successful..

Everything starts with a thought, control your thoughts and you have mastered yourself. and your environment.i agree with this 100%