No announcement yet.

Talks Between HBO and UFC Continue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talks Between HBO and UFC Continue

Mark Taffet, HBO's senior vice president of sports operation and pay-per-view, recently stated to Forbes Magazine that HBO and UFC and still negotiating to possibly air a UFC event on their network. [details]

Can you imagine Larry Merchant trying to call MMA? Oh the humanity

Comment

Originally posted by the giant one View Post
      Can you imagine Larry Merchant trying to call MMA? Oh the humanity
      **** larry merchant, what about lennox lewis or kellergman, LOL

Comment

If HBO wants to promote itself using MMA, it should work with a promoter like Showtime did with Elite XC, and not worry about getting UFC specifically. UFC doesn't want its HBO shows to appear second-rate, I wouldn't think, which is the impression the viewer will get if the regular folks aren't there.

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is over the announcers. Guess HBO is just trying to flex their muscle and make UFC look inferior to their network. I bet HBO ****s this up and the UFC goes to a different network and pulls in big ratings. They have been making some very dumb moves lately when it comes to making fights.

Comment

i dont see why hbo would want people who have no idea about mma doing the broadcast....this isnt ****ing boxing! its a different sport w/ millions of different techniques!

Comment

Originally posted by Atnan View Post
              i dont see why hbo would want people who have no idea about mma doing the broadcast....this isnt ****ing boxing! its a different sport w/ millions of different techniques!
              Maybe they want their own MMA announcers - I can't see them using their boxing announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
                Maybe they want their own MMA announcers - I can't see them using their boxing announcers.
                bas rutten and quadros? that would be insane!

Comment

Working...
                X