View Full Version : Me Shaddow Boxing

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DplpQbC27g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DplpQbC27g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Just a short clip of me shaddow boxing, ive got 8oz gloves on which i use for the bags.
i might start to film myself shaddow boxing more often cos you can spot stuff when you watch it, i noticed my right elbow kind of lifts when im throwing a left, i know my gloves are high, but i like em like that, when i get in close they lower to stop me taking body shots.

For those of you who don't know, ive not long turned 17, im 54kg and 5ft8 - 9

i will leave this video up for a day or two

Southpaw Stinger
02-28-2007, 11:03 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DplpQbC27g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DplpQbC27g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Just a short clip of me shaddow boxing, ive got 8oz gloves on which i use for the bags.
i might start to film myself shaddow boxing more often cos you can spot stuff when you watch it, i noticed my right elbow kind of lifts when im throwing a left, i know my gloves are high, but i like em like that, when i get in close they lower to stop me taking body shots.

I like your style there man. Your guards always up, you work off the jab and you put together some good fast combos and have a bit of head movement - and your speed puts me to shame :puppy_dog

I can't say anything about your stamina cos it's a short video but you've got a good amateur style there for a tall light guy so keep up the hard work :boxing:

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah i know its just a short vid, my left elbow starts to hurt after i shaddow box for a bit, i know that aint long, ill get a longer one some time (2 or 3 mins).
Cheers ;)

Bear4228
02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Pretty sure this was 10 times better than mine LOL. I need to kick it in gear! :P That was awesome man, keep up the good work!

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Pretty sure this was 10 times better than mine LOL. I need to kick it in gear! :P That was awesome man, keep up the good work!

Thanks man, you have to remember ive been boxing for over a year with a trainer, yours was good considering you aint had one, you had the basics ;)

Bear4228
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
hehe, thats all im working on right now. Just now gettin into combos, Ima try and post my heavy bag **** this weekend.

lol im watching it again and your fast as hell dude :P

Trick
02-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Well done man, good speed, you look a lot like me, I'm just a lil' taller and a lil' heavier. You might wanna use that right more when you're shadowboxin', and compared to your left, your right is a little weak. Also, it was probably just because you were trying to stay on camera, but make sure you move around a lot more, also in your head movements. Great work though man, keep it up.

Peace,
Trick

P.S. How did those nationals go/are they THIS saturday?

!!B Hop!!
02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
good speed,try more head movement and relax when shadow boxing

The Surgeon
02-28-2007, 02:31 PM
U got some fast hands man, nice lil combo puncher too and u kkep ur hands up which is great, even pulling back the jab , alot of peeps get lazy there! Being critacal, ur Movement, as in ducking and rolling looks a bit forced and ridgid but hey ur a Limey! Also u should use ur right more too but overall i was impressed! :biggthump Good luck with ur boxing career bud!

Mick Hucknall
02-28-2007, 04:06 PM
not bad for a jakey

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Well done man, good speed, you look a lot like me, I'm just a lil' taller and a lil' heavier. You might wanna use that right more when you're shadowboxin', and compared to your left, your right is a little weak. Also, it was probably just because you were trying to stay on camera, but make sure you move around a lot more, also in your head movements. Great work though man, keep it up.

Peace,
Trick

P.S. How did those nationals go/are they THIS saturday?

Cheers, i didnt move much cos the camera plus the table was there. my trainer reckons ive got a good right hand on me, but as you can see it aint as fast as my left.
the championships are this saturday :)
thanks

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 04:29 PM
U got some fast hands man, nice lil combo puncher too and u kkep ur hands up which is great, even pulling back the jab , alot of peeps get lazy there! Being critacal, ur Movement, as in ducking and rolling looks a bit forced and ridgid but hey ur a Limey! Also u should use ur right more too but overall i was impressed! :biggthump Good luck with ur boxing career bud!

not just am i a limey, im scottish ;)

yeah i was'nt moving as much as i usually would with the camera there , i was trying to stay infront of it and the table was there aswell. but yeah i need to move my head alittle more huh.
cheers

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 04:30 PM
not bad for a jakey

lol shut yer puss

boxing4ever
02-28-2007, 06:33 PM
good video man keep it up how long have you been boxing?

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
good video man keep it up how long have you been boxing?

Thanks man.
2 years come august i think

Jim_Davis
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Cool you got the same argos gloves as me :D

I dunno a lot when it comes to boxing training but I guess you're very good.

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Cool you got the same argos gloves as me :D

I dunno a lot when it comes to boxing training but I guess you're very good.

yeah lol just got em cos there 8oz and were only 25
they do fine for the bags huh

Jim_Davis
02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Theyre good gloves but theyre quite tight on me. I dont have a punchbag but I got 1 them cool punchmen :D

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 07:03 PM
cool, yeah they are a tight fit, One of the guys i train with (fought khan) he said you can feel them when he's punching you lol

Trick
03-01-2007, 02:13 AM
not just am i a limey, im scottish ;)

Do NOT call a scotsman a limey...

Anyways, well good luck this weekend then man, don't push yourself too hard this week in training. Stay focused and all, just don't be killlin' yourself.

Good luck,
Trick

Manfredo Jr
03-01-2007, 07:48 AM
Do NOT call a scotsman a limey...

Anyways, well good luck this weekend then man, don't push yourself too hard this week in training. Stay focused and all, just don't be killlin' yourself.

Good luck,
Trick

yeah thanks mate :cool: :boxing:

American_Ninja
03-01-2007, 10:53 AM
<OBJECT height=350 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8DplpQbC27g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT></P>

You should shadow box somewhere so you can move around. I also noticed that you keep your head down, it looks like u cant see. Keep your eyes so that you can see at all times.

Manfredo Jr
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
You should shadow box somewhere so you can move around. I also noticed that you keep your head down, it looks like u cant see. Keep your eyes so that you can see at all times.

i usually do but i done it in my kitchen so i could sit my camera on top of the fridge, and i see what you say about the eyes, it looks like im not looking lol (i am btw)
cheers ;)

Jim_Davis
03-01-2007, 05:18 PM
ah man watching this stuff makes me wanna fight in the ring :(