View Full Version : To use or not to use...that is the question

seldomTap
01-20-2003, 02:07 AM
I have been thinking this would be a good idea to have for a while. A thread dedicated to the steroid issue, where both sides fo the table can have their say and get their point across as to why they feel the way they do.

I have personally known quite a few guys that have used, some of them pro athletes (body builders and Rugby league players), some of them just guys that lifted and felt this would be the best way for them to maximise their potential. None of them have any side effects apart from some acne and the occassional temper fluctuation.

I haven't used and can say at this stage of my life/training, I wouldn't. If I was ever going to use, it would have been when I was about 18 and trying to make a go of playing Rugby as my profession. If I had used, perhaps I would have gone further, perhaps I would have been busted...who knows.

However, I am more interested in finding out why other people have decided to use and what their motivation is.

This isn't going to become a flaming thread but everyones opinions are welcome. All I ask is that everyone gets a chance to say their piece.

zioxoiz
01-20-2003, 02:21 AM
My opinion is if you dont have the natural ability, thats how it is, and if you need to juice to make it, you shouldnt be there in the first place.

Kempo Chris
01-20-2003, 02:27 AM
i wont touch em
If i am going to get in stronger or improve my fighting im gonna do it the real way, by putting in the long hard hours of training and working out
They are unhealthy for you and can become addictive
Its just aint natural
If u take them in my opinion your a *****

seldomTap
01-20-2003, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Christopher Chaos
i wont touch em
If i am going to get in stronger or improve my fighting im gonna do it the real way, by putting in the long hard hours of training and working out
They are unhealthy for you and can become addictive
Its just aint natural
If u take them in my opinion your a *****

But what about the guy that does all that for years, only to be continually second place cause of the guy who is also training just as hard, but is using also, giving him an edge? I can fully understand why he would do it.

The Jake
01-20-2003, 03:11 AM
Basically it comes down to this - are you willing to trade short term gains for long term health risks?

If the answer is yes, then use it.

For me, I'm a big believer in he who perseveres, wins.

- The Jake

seldomTap
01-20-2003, 04:03 AM
Jake, I have a very similar outlook...but seriously, I can fully understand why people would do it to get the short term gains they want...

Dammit...where are some of the Pro steroid guys when you want them around?!

seldomTap
01-20-2003, 04:54 AM
How many cycles have you done Gearedup?
Do you compete at all?

How has using helped you ?

The Jake
01-20-2003, 07:05 AM
To me, it's like each their own but I cannot see how people could be so narrow sighted as to not see what they are doing to themselves.

I was friends with several pro bodybuilders and they explained their view of it like this:
1) the biggest argument against steroids was that it would even out the playing field by having no chemical enhancement. How is that fair? One person might be producing more testosterone than the other. Result? Genetics find in their favor. When people start injecting, rightly or wrongly, testosterone production is eliminated from the game and it comes down to building size and shape, no matter how freaky.
2) this is their fulltime occupation. it's not a hobby like most of us. if they lose a comp or don't get decent placing, this can **** them financially. they lose their sponsorships, they don't get prize money, it can really set a domino effect that ****s up every thing. So placing well means a lot to these career bodybuilders. Doubly so if they have families that rely on that income....

Again, not that I condone it, but that's the arguments as it was presented to me. Made me stop and think about it....

- The Jake

Kimura
01-20-2003, 09:17 AM
Don't bother with that ****. Steroids are a perfect way to destroy your life. You lose your hair, your money, and most of all, your health.

The Jake
01-20-2003, 03:28 PM
GearedUp -

do you get monthly health checks (ie. kindey/blood/urine checkups) by a doctor?

- The Jake

seldomTap
01-21-2003, 01:11 AM
Next question for you GearedUp, I guess your comps aren't tested now, what if you end up in a situation similar to Barnett one day or even just in a comp where they do test. Will you know when to stop using to ensure a clean test, and how will it effect your preparation?

VulgarTheClown
01-21-2003, 02:41 AM
steroids = NO!

seldomTap
01-21-2003, 02:55 AM
Feel free to elaborate Ben!

The Golden Bear
01-22-2003, 12:59 AM
hmm.. roids.

I might take them... not surwe. But there is a misconception that roiders dont work hard. But they do.

The Golden Bear
01-22-2003, 01:03 AM
As for riods in sports. Its iup to the person. I would rather everyone be equal. But its a very large issue.

seldomTap
01-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Spot on Blake, a majority of guys that juice are very educated about it and train as hard if not harder than a lot of natural guys. You almost need a degree in chemistry to get it right, so they aren't generally stupid

WoHop
02-09-2003, 05:56 PM
if steroids werent bad for you; then they wouldnt be classified as an illegal drug... if you cant get it naturally then you shouldnt be there just like any other drug you cant get there without it and the argument about the pro body builders need it to make money thats bull**** they should just drop out and pick up another profession becuase its not there superior body building that got them there its the roids.

WoHop
02-09-2003, 06:01 PM
theres no excuse for juicing its basically becuase your weak minded and cant suceed on your own you need the roids holding your hand threw it all. Natural bodybuilding takes a lot longer to reach what you can reach with roids in the same amount of time.
steroids is a joke to me :lol3:

Tom
02-12-2003, 02:51 PM
I thought about taking steroids and actually had a cycle of Sesrum <sp> 250 (i think that was it) in my hands but i declined. I'm only 18 so thats why i decided not to at the time. I will most likely won't ever take steroids but there are so many supplements that add great size and strength that you can buy legally. For people that want to gain size/strength without using steroids, check out 1fast400 (http://www.1fast400.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=380&osCsid=1fe39a1162cc6a9512c996a7bb946b2f) . I am about to begin a cycle of Super One+ and i heard great things about it. It is a prohormone so you will have to becareful in a sense because there are some side effects that can happen. My supplementation is:

Super One+
Creatine
Multi-Vitamin
Glucosamine
Myoplex
and 6-oxo for post cycle

Also, there is a monster combo from 1fast400, the gains off that product is UNBELIEVABLE!

Back to the topic tho, steroid use in sports really bothers me tho. People in pro sports are breaking records ie barry bonds, and you know they are juicing no matter what they say. I just believe steroids have no part in sports, well shouldn't have any part in pro sports.