View Full Version : morning runs

boxing4ever
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
ok guys im going for it, tommorow morning is goona be my first time running in the morning! im goona have to wake up at 6 and goona run 2-4 miles depending on my mood. I hope it works for me guys! does anyone here run in the morning?

The Donfather
02-27-2007, 10:59 PM
ok guys im going for it, tommorow morning is goona be my first time running in the morning! im goona have to wake up at 6 and goona run 2-4 miles depending on my mood. I hope it works for me guys! does anyone here run in the morning?

Yea I do this on the weekends and whatever days I have off now. Ive been doing it since around late December, its gotten me conditioned pretty well. The only hard thing apart it was actually waking up, I would be dead tire because of no sleep, but once i started to run it was all good. I would run 4 miles every time, 2 miles there and 2 miles back home. Than go home and rest for a bit.

Real awesome workout.

-Antonio-
02-27-2007, 11:43 PM
I just cant do it. I stay up too late. I still run, but recently Ive just done it later in the day.

fraidycat
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Getting out of bed is the only hard part. It sucks for about 30 seconds, and by the time you have your shoes laced up, you're fine.

I've switched from running 5-6 days a week to alternating running with doing 45 minutes of elliptical at my fitness gym every other morning. Maybe it's my age or just this seriously cold winter, but my knees are losing their sense of humor.

phallus
02-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Getting out of bed is the only hard part. It sucks for about 30 seconds, and by the time you have your shoes laced up, you're fine.

I've switched from running 5-6 days a week to alternating running with doing 45 minutes of elliptical at my fitness gym every other morning. Maybe it's my age or just this seriously cold winter, but my knees are losing their sense of humor.

yeah, i have arthritis and it gets really cold in the winter where i live, not to mention all the snow and ice to slip on, so now i'm doing my cardio in the gym on machines... anyway, i used to go for morning runs - will again in two or three months and it's the best time, also it burns the most fat because u haven;t eaten anything yet

esponda
02-28-2007, 12:34 AM
damn, thats what i always have wanted to do, but im WAY lazy, i will try , gonna be hard

chitownamateur
02-28-2007, 01:10 AM
I run 5 days a week on a treadmill in the morning

Trick
02-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Boxers (at least many) run to keep the fat down. To burn fat, running in the morning (or technically, anytime after not eating for a while) is the best way to burn fat. It's somewhat complicated, but it has a lot to do with the fact that you are very low in carbohydrates at this point, so you'll burn more fat. If you're looking for peak PERFORMANCE though, run later on, as sugar metabolism is much more efficient. Personally, I run in the morning.

Peace,
Trick

me2007
02-28-2007, 08:53 AM
aside from the fat burning benefits, it is supposed to boost you psychologically also. If you have the desire to get up at 5-6am and run in the freezing cold then you will remember all those hard mornings when you are in a tough fight and overwhelm your opponent.

I can`t get up at 6am so i run in the evening after work, i`m such a p*ssy when it comes to waking up early...i never used to be.

David06
02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
I don't run in the morning, but I'm starting to think that I should. If I run within a few hours of eating anything heavy my stomach hurts so bad. I notice I feel a lot better if I'm running on an empty or near-empty stomach.

MOREBASS
02-28-2007, 11:42 AM
I really should start doing this...but I already wake up at 5am to get ready for work...so I can't see myself getting up at 4am. LOL

But I guess the logic is that before you have breakfast in the morning, your body doesn't have anything besides fat to burn, so its a very effective way of reducing fat.

Sound about right..?

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 11:45 AM
i used to run in the morning in the summer, but the winter i leave it till night time

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 11:46 AM
lol i was just remembering i made a thread about a little situation i used to get into every morning when i was out running hahaha ill find it and link ya's

Manfredo Jr
02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
lol i was just remembering i made a thread about a little situation i used to get into every morning when i was out running hahaha ill find it and link ya's

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79854

hahaha that used to speed me up

The Raging Bull
02-28-2007, 01:21 PM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79854

hahaha that used to speed me up

I remember when you posted that :lol1:

Trick
02-28-2007, 02:03 PM
But I guess the logic is that before you have breakfast in the morning, your body doesn't have anything besides fat to burn, so its a very effective way of reducing fat.

Sound about right..?

Yup, that's right. Basically the concensus is that morning (pre-breakfast) running is better for you. Fat-burning aside, there's also a lot of other good things that go along with it.

Also, running hard with food in the stomach will cause digestion problems, as blood is drawn away from the digestive tract.

dario
02-28-2007, 10:08 PM
I really should start doing this...but I already wake up at 5am to get ready for work...so I can't see myself getting up at 4am. LOL

Sound about right..?

Basically since you haven't eaten since the night before (which hopefully should be at least 10 hours.. 8 hours of sleep and 2 hours before you went to sleep) then your body wakes up to no nutrients from the meal before since it has been used up in the last 10 hours and burns your body fat as energy for jogging.

veldrak
03-05-2007, 08:56 PM
Every morning 530 and skipping

MOREBASS
03-05-2007, 11:59 PM
So logically, isn't this probably the best way to get rid of excess fat...?

-----------
03-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, seeing as so many ppl seem to like morning runs on this thread, i'm going to give it a go, starting tomorrow, hope getting up isn't too bad lol

-----------
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Went for my first morning run 2day and I have 2 say, I quite enjoyed it. Getting up was by far the worst but once your up, its easy work, kind of.
It makes you feel much better throughout the day and i'm going to do it again 2morro. I reccomend it.

Tuggers1986
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Went for my first morning run 2day and I have 2 say, I quite enjoyed it. Getting up was by far the worst but once your up, its easy work, kind of.
It makes you feel much better throughout the day and i'm going to do it again 2morro. I reccomend it.

What time did you go?

-----------
03-08-2007, 01:11 PM
6:30, I start college at 9, so gives me time to get ready nd stuff.

veldrak
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I've started going at 5, I find it easy to get up once you go to bed earlier, 9/9:30. it just becomes part of your system if you know what I mean

Living Legend
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Well where do you guys run early in the morning... I am scared of dogs so I hate running in neighborhoods... I live near the damn east side, so running on the street in the early morning could get you shot. So I run 2 to three miles m-fri at 11 at the track near my work, or on the beach. I guess I could just not eat until at 11 to get the same effect as running as soon as I wake in the morning.

veldrak
03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I live in new zealand so I suppose it's safer for me to run in the morning I have to run in the streets not around any good forest tracks because it's too dark. You could always try eating just light fruit or something of the sort before running at 11. Just light food....

leff
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Well where do you guys run early in the morning... I am scared of dogs so I hate running in neighborhoods... I live near the damn east side, so running on the street in the early morning could get you shot. So I run 2 to three miles m-fri at 11 at the track near my work, or on the beach. I guess I could just not eat until at 11 to get the same effect as running as soon as I wake in the morning.

tape some bacon on your pants youl run much faster

The Raging Bull
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM

:lol1: :lol1:

Living Legend
03-08-2007, 02:38 PM

That was pretty funny, man Pitbulls are fashionable were I live...Years ago there used to be a damn pitbull breeder not too far from where I live... I particularly like to run on the beach, but sh*theads out here don't like to obey the leash law...

Living Legend
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I live in new zealand so I suppose it's safer for me to run in the morning I have to run in the streets not around any good forest tracks because it's too dark. You could always try eating just light fruit or something of the sort before running at 11. Just light food....

Yeah that's what I have been doing. I have also bought me a sauna suit, those things work wonders for me...