View Full Version : Hill Runs?

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Im gonna go out and do some hill runs 2day, im gonna jog there and back which will be about a mile and a half, and by the time ive ran the hill a few times that will be about a mile, its a really steap hill, i will take my mobile and get a picture of it.
How good are hill runs for you?

Tuggers1986
02-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Im gonna go out and do some hill runs 2day, im gonna jog there and back which will be about a mile and a half, and by the time ive ran the hill a few times that will be about a mile, its a really steap hill, i will take my mobile and get a picture of it.
How good are hill runs for you?

I really enjoy them, even though it is really hard. Im absoloutly nackerd by the time ive finished. I think they're really good for improving stamina. Get some pics of the hill up once youve finished.

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 09:27 AM
yeah i will im off out in a min, ill be bk l8r

Southpaw Stinger
02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
the world of ****ing yer legs up! Hard work but it pays off.

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
****ing hell, hard work! i feel like ive just had a fight, i feel sick as **** and my heads thumping!!!!

i should not of just got out of bed had breakfast then went out!

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Heres a pic from the Bottom

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Croney9/DSC00110.jpg

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Heres one from the top
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c200/Croney9/DSC00112.jpg

Southpaw Stinger
02-26-2007, 10:19 AM
****ing hell, hard work! i feel like ive just had a fight, i feel sick as **** and my heads thumping!!!!

i should not of just got out of bed had breakfast then went out!

have you lost a few stone? :)

Chris46
02-26-2007, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing a hill run is just legging it up the hill and back down again a few times?? and i seriously need improved stamina, what else helps improve stamina??

fraidycat
02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Hill runs are great for stamina. I live on the top of a huge honker of a hill; I jog to the bottom and then tackle that ***** every morning. There are stairs up my side -- 250 of them over 4 blocks -- and an industrial area with a railyard at the bottom of the other side. Big fun. I had to start off walking up the hill a year ago; now I can go uphill nearly as easily as down.

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 10:45 AM
have you lost a few stone? :)

stone, i dunno about, the use of my legs yes lol

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm guessing a hill run is just legging it up the hill and back down again a few times?? and i seriously need improved stamina, what else helps improve stamina??

legging it up yes, just a fast walk down, its bad for your knee's to run down a hill (so ive been told) plus u feel like your going to die lol, well i did.

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Hill runs are great for stamina. I live on the top of a huge honker of a hill; I jog to the bottom and then tackle that ***** every morning. There are stairs up my side -- 250 of them over 4 blocks -- and an industrial area with a railyard at the bottom of the other side. Big fun. I had to start off walking up the hill a year ago; now I can go uphill nearly as easily as down.

i used to live up a huge huge, i used to run up it with my bike when i was younger, some days i used to just go down it then run back up pushing my bike.
i think if i keep at those hill runs i will get better, the last time i ran that hill (in the pic), it was covered in snow and when i got to the top i had to stop cos my lungs were so sore with the cold.

fraidycat
02-26-2007, 10:55 AM
My hill a few weeks ago -- took this with my camera phone.

http://x89.xanga.com/ad7d046b32330101674724/b71677046.jpg

Yes, people in this town are the dumbest drivers, ever. All-wheel drive does NOT mean you can make it down an icy hill without chains. But this should give you an idea of my "home gym."

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Wow nice pic, hahaha look at all those crazy ****ers trying to drive on it!!
Man i cant wait to come to the states

fraidycat
02-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow nice pic, hahaha look at all those crazy ****ers trying to drive on it!!
Man i cant wait to come to the states

This happens every time it snows. This city is built on seven monster hills; one cm of snow and the whole downtown core grinds to a halt.

MOREBASS
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
^ Damn, what city is that Fraidy...? I was in Tahoe a couple weeks back, and people were sliding all over the damn road, just like that...I guess its out of towners who don't know any better...

Manfredo Jr
02-26-2007, 11:22 AM
This happens every time it snows. This city is built on seven monster hills; one cm of snow and the whole downtown core grinds to a halt.

lol it looks nuts!

fraidycat
02-26-2007, 11:45 AM
^ Damn, what city is that Fraidy...? I was in Tahoe a couple weeks back, and people were sliding all over the damn road, just like that...I guess its out of towners who don't know any better...

Seattle. And it's the locals that are the problem. It only snows every few years, so everyone becomes a helpless retard. I grew up in Montana; I've been driving on ice since I was 10. People look at me like I'm walking on water when I chain up and just go about my business.

EDIT: A couple of years ago when we got really hammered with snow, my wife strapped on her skis and ski'd to work. I **** thee not. Major points for style.

MOREBASS
02-26-2007, 11:49 AM
^ Cool, my sister stays in Burien, and I have a lot of my family up in Tacoma, visited a few times, and never saw it snow once...must be pretty bad up there, cause I know that the rain falls like nobody's business up there ! LOL

That is one helluva hill tho...especially in those conditions. I sure as hell couldn't scale that thing with my fingertips damn near freezing off...you get my respect. Haha...

fraidycat
02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
^ Cool, my sister stays in Burien, and I have a lot of my family up in Tacoma, visited a few times, and never saw it snow once...must be pretty bad up there, cause I know that the rain falls like nobody's business up there ! LOL

That is one helluva hill tho...especially in those conditions. I sure as hell couldn't scale that thing with my fingertips damn near freezing off...you get my respect. Haha...

PM me and I'll give you my contact info. Next time you're up, come to my gym. My treat.

MOREBASS
02-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Will do ! Appreciate it Fraidy !