View Full Version : weight loss

coreywash
02-23-2007, 04:46 AM
okay i got a question for those of you who are experienced...doesnt matter if your amateur or pro, but when you are trying to get down in weight...what kinds of things to you eat and drink to successfully lose weight without starving yourself? im just curious because i kinda want to test out the 152-159 area just to see how i like it...

Nacho_Analstain
02-23-2007, 05:08 AM
i dont know that much about the subject,but ill have a go. if i was wanting to lose weight obviously i would try and cut out all junk foods,i would eat more smaller meals a day than eating say 3 big meals,light salads,fruit,protein rich foods like fish,eggs,pasta etc. say like 6 meals a day,but small meals,i wouldnt lift any weights because i pile muscle on like stupid if im getting enough protein,and obviously lots of cardio work,running,skipping and just hard work basically and sweat it off!

Chris46
02-23-2007, 05:09 AM
ive got a easier answer, buy a sweat/sauna suit, wear it under your clothes and jog for lyk an hour and a half. after uve done this ul have lost quite a bit of water weight but not proper weight. to keep this weight down eat things lyk fruit and rice and pasta or eggs for the nxt few days, if you do this 2 or 3 times ur weight SHUD stay dwn

coreywash
02-23-2007, 05:11 AM
i dont know that much about the subject,but ill have a go. if i was wanting to lose weight obviously i would try and cut out all junk foods,i would eat more smaller meals a day than eating say 3 big meals,light salads,fruit,protein rich foods like fish,eggs,pasta etc. say like 6 meals a day,but small meals,i wouldnt lift any weights because i pile muscle on like stupid if im getting enough protein,and obviously lots of cardio work,running,skipping and just hard work basically and sweat it off!

i appreciate it tho...im also thankful for my very high metabolism...i just have a hard time every now and then with junk food, but i dont drink sodas or alcohol so thats always a plus...

Nacho_Analstain
02-23-2007, 05:12 AM
the thing that confuses me with all this is,if you wanna lose weight you eat protein rich foods and if you wanna gain muscle you eat protein rich foods....its all too much for my little brain

coreywash
02-23-2007, 05:13 AM
ive got a easier answer, buy a sweat/sauna suit, wear it under your clothes and jog for lyk an hour and a half. after uve done this ul have lost quite a bit of water weight but not proper weight. to keep this weight down eat things lyk fruit and rice and pasta or eggs for the nxt few days, if you do this 2 or 3 times ur weight SHUD stay dwn

already got a sauna suit, but its a cheap one...lol it ripped in the crotch...i bought it for like 6 bucks but im guna get another one prolly in a lil bit cuz im still up and prolly bout to head to walmart...

coreywash
the thing that confuses me with all this is,if you wanna lose weight you eat protein rich foods and if you wanna gain muscle you eat protein rich foods....its all too much for my little brain

lol you aint alone

Chris46
if u dnt drink alcohol theres no point in tryna lose weight, infact, theres no point in doin anythin anymore. u may aswell hang up ur gloves and lie in bed al day

Nacho_Analstain
02-23-2007, 05:15 AM
if u dnt drink alcohol theres no point in tryna lose weight, infact, theres no point in doin anythin anymore. u may aswell hang up ur gloves and lie in bed al day

hahahaha,true words right there

coreywash
02-23-2007, 05:15 AM

lol ur a trip mayne

me2007
02-23-2007, 05:19 AM
i`m speaking from personal experience here and dont claim to be a dietry guru...however the things that i do are

- if i need to drop 20lbs the quick and dirty way, i will give myself 8 weeks. I will take a Meal replacement in the morning, and one in the afternoon. At around 7 pm i`ll do a 3-5 mile run. Then afterward i will have my dinner. Thats all i`ll eat. I typically lose around 2-3 pounds a week doing this. But you must be strict and dont miss runs or add any meals. Try to get in a lot fo protein in this last meal. This is a bad method, and you may end up losing muscle weight which is very bad.

- If you want to do this correctly, you should eat 5-6 meals a day, they should be portioned according to your current weight and your active metabolic rate. You should eat around 250 calories under your active metalbolic rate (the amount calories you burn each day) and exercise another 500 or so off with running or x-training. This is the best way because you will lose fat and not muscle. You should consume about 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (lean body mass = your fat % taken off your weight)

Personally, i dont have the disciplinee to do the second diet if i am already over weight. I therefore do the first diet and then move to the second one when i have lost 10-15lbs. When I am really strict like the first one, i know i`m losing weight, which psychologically i need to think in order to succeed. The second one is slower, but much better for you.

Chris46
02-23-2007, 05:22 AM
ur sauna suit ripped at the crotch?? u must b a hit with the ladies :)

coreywash
02-23-2007, 05:23 AM
i`m speaking from personal experience here and dont claim to be a dietry guru...however the things that i do are

- if i need to drop 20lbs the quick and dirty way, i will give myself 8 weeks. I will take a Meal replacement in the morning, and one in the afternoon. At around 7 pm i`ll do a 3-5 mile run. Then afterward i will have my dinner. Thats all i`ll eat. I typically lose around 2-3 pounds a week doing this. But you must be strict and dont miss runs or add any meals. Try to get in a lot fo protein in this last meal. This is a bad method, and you may end up losing muscle weight which is very bad.

- If you want to do this correctly, you should eat 5-6 meals a day, they should be portioned according to your current weight and your active metabolic rate. You should eat around 250 calories under your active metalbolic rate (the amount calories you burn each day) and exercise another 500 or so off with running or x-training. This is the best way because you will lose fat and not muscle. You should consume about 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (lean body mass = your fat % taken off your weight)

Personally, i dont have the disciplinee to do the second diet if i am already over weight. I therefore do the first diet and then move to the second one when i have lost 10-15lbs. When I am really strict like the first one, i know i`m losing weight, which psychologically i need to think in order to succeed. The second one is slower, but much better for you.

i appreciate that big time...i aint gonna say i wouldnt do the first way because i can be impatient at times...so idk lol

coreywash
02-23-2007, 05:24 AM
ur sauna suit ripped at the crotch?? u must b a hit with the ladies :)

lol i bought it at walmart for like 6 bucks...it was a last minute thing when i didnt have much cash on me...its all good tho...i just got paid yesterday so im gonna buy a better suit..

Chris46
02-23-2007, 06:04 AM
fck that!!! dnt waste your money, jst leave da hole and make sure u jog past lots of ladies

Tuggers1986
02-23-2007, 06:25 AM
if i need to drop 20lbs the quick and dirty way, i will give myself 8 weeks. I will take a Meal replacement in the morning, and one in the afternoon. At around 7 pm i`ll do a 3-5 mile run. Then afterward i will have my dinner. Thats all i`ll eat. I typically lose around 2-3 pounds a week doing this. But you must be strict and dont miss runs or add any meals. Try to get in a lot fo protein in this last meal. This is a bad method, and you may end up losing muscle weight which is very bad.

Thats what i do, Its wrong but it works.

leff
02-23-2007, 08:52 AM

protein builds and maintans muscles yes. but its per kcal the food type that makes you feel the fullest per gram, and protein takes more energy to digest than carbs.

if you wanna lose go high in protein, if youi wanna gain go hard in every thing.

you wont have protein to build if your so low in total energy intkae thet your body youse the protein for energyl.

hope you got ore ill try again

leff
02-23-2007, 08:53 AM

not true, the keyword here as in most things are moderation.

boxing4ever
02-23-2007, 11:08 AM
i have a question for everyone im 16 and i was woundering if i do a very very strict diet will it effect my growing body? i am on a fairly balanced health diet right now where im loosing 1-2 pounds a week i have already lost 30 pounds in the past 4 months and need to loose another 10 pounds so i can get down to the 150s

-Antonio-
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Atkins is the best crash diet out there. You will lose atleast 10 pounds the first two weeks gurenteed, if you do it right.

boxing4ever
02-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Atkins is the best crash diet out there. You will lose atleast 10 pounds the first two weeks gurenteed, if you do it right.

is it a safe diet though? will it affect my growth as a teen?

Bear4228
02-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Im pretty sure that diet is used as a quick fix for a small amount of weight bit of weight. It isnt very healthy when you just eat protien for a year lol.

leff
02-23-2007, 06:01 PM
i have a question for everyone im 16 and i was woundering if i do a very very strict diet will it effect my growing body? i am on a fairly balanced health diet right now where im loosing 1-2 pounds a week i have already lost 30 pounds in the past 4 months and need to loose another 10 pounds so i can get down to the 150s

how old are you?

me2007
02-23-2007, 07:35 PM
i think the atkins diet is the worst way to diet. If you aren`t taking in any carbs, you will be burning protein as fuel, you need protein to sustain muscle mass and growth.

If you start losing muscle, your metabolic rate will go down, and as soon as you come off the atkins diet, you will gain even more weight back.

just stick to 2 meal replacements, a balanced dinner in the evening with 3-5 miles of running each day and you will lose the weight. This method is far from perfect but it is much safer than atkins.

-Antonio-
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
i think the atkins diet is the worst way to diet. If you aren`t taking in any carbs, you will be burning protein as fuel, you need protein to sustain muscle mass and growth.

If you start losing muscle, your metabolic rate will go down, and as soon as you come off the atkins diet, you will gain even more weight back.

just stick to 2 meal replacements, a balanced dinner in the evening with 3-5 miles of running each day and you will lose the weight. This method is far from perfect but it is much safer than atkins.

You dont use protein, you use fat. Atkins is a high protein diet, and you are allowed to eat a lot of fat which his what you burn. Its perfectly safe for a diet, its just not effective long term.

me2007
02-23-2007, 10:34 PM
"The American Institute for Cancer Research has also evaluated the Atkins***8217; diet and their assessment is quite alarming. They say that the high-protein, high-fat, low-carbohydrate Atkins diet tends to promote the loss of water weight, and that if such an imbalanced diet is maintained, the body soon reverts to the fasting state of ketosis, in which the body begins to break down muscle tissue instead of fat over the long term.

Ketosis is one of the body's last-ditch emergency responses; deliberately inducing ketosis can lead to muscle breakdown, nausea, dehydration, headaches, light-headedness, irritability, bad breath, and kidney problems. In pregnancy, ketosis may cause foetal abnormality or death. It can also be fatal in individuals with diabetes! While supporters of the Atkins diet concentrate so much on the fat burning capability of ketosis they neglect to mention that over the long term protein, and thus muscle, is also burned! "

boxing4ever
02-24-2007, 01:00 AM
how old are you?
16:banana: :banana: