View Full Version : Videos of me in the gym!!!

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 02:48 AM
I bought a camera the other day and decided to experiment filming myself in the gym just for fun. I dont have a trainer so I figured I would look and see my mistakes. Now Im out of shape, right now IM about 265 and Im basically half assing it at about 55% normally I have alot more movement and footwork and my power wasnt what it normally is, but I figured I might as well put it on for the hell of it. I dont have a trainer and I havent competed amateur or pro yet. Think I can make some noise at crusier weight?

Me on the double end bag (I look like a walrus)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QboZa4JGpE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QboZa4JGpE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Me on the Heavy bag
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vr046lMbnlE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vr046lMbnlE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Me on the Speed Bag, (Notice Diego Corrales in the back!!)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvushzXcjXY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvushzXcjXY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

-GBGQ-
02-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Cool stuff.....

and that's really diego corrales behind you?!?! That's insane!

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Cool stuff.....

and that's really diego corrales behind you?!?! That's insane!

yeah, hes been training at my gym for awhile. He is one of my three favorite fighters but I try to stay professional and leave him alone.

Warhawk_1
02-23-2007, 03:24 AM
How old are you?

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 03:44 AM
How old are you?

Im 19. Why?

coreywash
02-23-2007, 04:40 AM
looks good...i need to get me a camera...i've had 4 fights and the only one we got recorded was my most recent...i've been meaning to get a copy of my 3rd fight from the dude i fought

Nacho_Analstain
02-23-2007, 04:51 AM
ill be honest,when i saw you quite out of shape i thought oh god not another fat man punching walls,but you did pretty good,you are ****ing fast for your size!

thats cool that diego corrales trains at ur gym aswell

coreywash
02-23-2007, 05:06 AM
for your size you are nice on the speed...i need to get on the speedbag...i've worked with the speedba maybe once or twice since i've been boxing...i know it would help out my speed and timing a lot if i worked on it more often, but the gym i'm at has a lot of people and only like 2 speed bags...but its a good thing our team is getting our own gym sometime around march...thats whats up

mgkirkpatrick
02-23-2007, 07:03 AM
yeah man that was well respectable. lose some kgs and get into man! good luck :D

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 07:43 AM
EDIT: I just added a round on the heavybag, theres another one comin so eventually there should be four videos all together.

Jim_Davis
02-23-2007, 08:08 AM
ill be honest,when i saw you quite out of shape i thought oh god not another fat man punching walls

hahahaahaha

*!#@PBRick@#!*
02-23-2007, 10:00 AM
EDIT: I just added a round on the heavybag, theres another one comin so eventually there should be four videos all together.

Where is your gym?

boxing4ever
02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
damn thats a tight ass gym man how come you dont have a trainer? **** id ask diego to train me im sure he will help you out when ever hes around

-Antonio-
02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Im jelous of that gym. You have good technique hitting the bags, you just have to drop the weight.

Manfredo Jr
02-23-2007, 12:31 PM
your gyms ace!!!!!

fraidycat
02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Nice. Good handspeed, good footwork, good form. Get lean.

Young Legend
02-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah that Gym looks dope

damn I wish Indiana would have better boxing gyms

fraidycat
02-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I should add, it's nice to see a southpaw with a left cross that looks like it could really make a guy's life complicated. I always hear that southpaws aren't KO artists, but dude, you could wreck someone's whole week with that left. :boxing:

Hey, what's the big round bag thing in the heavy bag video?

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
I should add, it's nice to see a southpaw with a left cross that looks like it could really make a guy's life complicated. I always hear that southpaws aren't KO artists, but dude, you could wreck someone's whole week with that left. :boxing:

Hey, what's the big round bag thing in the heavy bag video?

thanks man, Im not even a south paw though. Im natrually right handed but I have been practicing on my own for so long that I am comfortable switching up and using different styles too.

That bag is like a teardrop heavybag. Basically since its curved you can put uppercuts and more body work on it. I thuink it is great for jabs, its in real bad shape though as you can see all the duct tape. There is a much better one a little to the left off camera.

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 04:40 PM
Where is your gym?

in Las Vegas.

Southpaw16
02-23-2007, 10:45 PM
like everyone else said, very nice handspeed for a guy your size. If you get serious and drop about 30 lbs you could do some damage. You do need to drop weight though, because if you are unable to be quick and light on your feet then your handspeed will be wasted because guys will just move their feet and they'll be able to stay away from trouble. Nothing a little (actually a lot) of roadwork can't fix. Your very good!! Just drop about 30 lbs of that weight!!

deh707
02-23-2007, 10:55 PM
good stuff, animal squabbs.

by the way, did you learn the technique on your own? no trainer?

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 11:22 PM
good stuff, animal squabbs.

by the way, did you learn the technique on your own? no trainer?

Yeah, Im 100% self taught. I do everything by myself and thats why I havent had any sparring or amatuer fights yet. My dad trained me when I was little but he has no experience in boxing and he basically just held the pads for me at home, all he showed me was how to do a jab right hand left hook combo. I worked with a trainer years ago for about 2 months (but only like 5 sessions) but all he did was hold the pads for me for like two rounds each time. Niether ever really showed me anything. I have been a fan of boxing forever and from watching it so much I see what works and stuff.

I have handspeed cause I have been shadowboxin with weights for years and I kinda emulate Sugar SHane Mosleys style when I fight (street). I havent had sparring so I had ALOT of street fights and slapboxing and used them to work on different techniques. I have power cause I watched how Tyson moves and throws punches and I emulate that. I have head movements and leans becuase I watch fellow short heavyweight James Toney rollin out of the way off ounches and I emulate that. I taught myself how to jump rope. I figured out how to snap a punch on my own. I just recently figured out how to do the speed bag by myself and Im still perfecting cause I still dont have it down all the way. I have been going to gym off and on, practicing in my room shadow boxin and hittin bags in my bag yard (I put a body protector around a tree and set up a cobra bag) since I was like 12.

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 11:29 PM
like everyone else said, very nice handspeed for a guy your size. If you get serious and drop about 30 lbs you could do some damage. You do need to drop weight though, because if you are unable to be quick and light on your feet then your handspeed will be wasted because guys will just move their feet and they'll be able to stay away from trouble. Nothing a little (actually a lot) of roadwork can't fix. Your very good!! Just drop about 30 lbs of that weight!!

THANKS man, Yeah I know I need to lose some. I used to be 300 pounds and finally decided to get serious about boxing and had dropped to 235 when I found out the gym I was planning to train at was closing down. So I stopped dieting and wasnt working out and went all the way back up to 290. In January I found a gym and decided to try to drop weight and get serious again and Ive gone from 290 to 265 which is where Im at right now. I plan on droppin to 200 and start competing. Then if I can some how pull of a miracle and get to like 180 so I can cut to 175 cause Im only 5'9" but that is going to hard.

American_Ninja
02-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Thanks for sharing Animal.

HOW BOUT ANYONE ELSE? IF YOU HAVE VIDEO OF YOURSELF LETS SEE IT. Boxing Only!!!!!! Matt..:D

Animal Squabbs
02-23-2007, 11:59 PM
damn thats a tight ass gym man how come you dont have a trainer? **** id ask diego to train me im sure he will help you out when ever hes around

Actually compared to some of the other gyms I have been too, this one kinda sucks.

As far as the trainer goes, I dont want to sound egotistical or anything but I think I pretty much got the basics down and that is what the trainers at this gym teach it seems. They charge extra ($75 for Merquis Sosa, $150 for Kelcie Banks, about $150 for others.) to work with them and literally all I see them doin is holdin the pads for people, I come by myself and work harder than any of them. While Im there usually a trainer will have done a whole workout with someone and then do a whole workout with somebody else. and most the the people they train suck. For instance I see some of the guys workin with a trainer and they just look ridiculous and the trainer is sittin there not tellin them ****.

The people workin with the trainer usually shadow box a few rounds, hit the pads, weird jumping jacks, then speed bag, situps and they leave.

I normally do 2-3 rounds jumping rope, 2-3 rounds speed bag, 2-3 shadow boxing and moving around the ring, 2-3 double end bag, 3 rounds heavy bag, 2-3 rounds on the uppercut bag, 2 more rounds on the heavybag. Then sometimes I go and do some more rounds on the double end bag, heavybag, and then speed bag. I am usually at the gym for 2 hours.

As far as Diego training me that aint gonna happen. He is a nice guy though. I have been real humble and ****, I remember the first day he was there I went to hit the heavybags and I saw he was puttin gloves on so I asked if he was gonna use the heavybags and he started laughin and said "Naw, go ahead man." I said "Im not trying to get in your way." and he said "Ima use all four of them now, how about that." and started laughin.

Sin City
02-24-2007, 12:00 AM
Dog that looks like a real good gym.. Whitch one you go to? How much they charge?

Sin City
02-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Actually compared to some of the other gyms I have been too, this one kinda sucks.

As far as the trainer goes, I dont want to sound egotistical or anything but I think I pretty much got the basics down and that is what the trainers at this gym teach it seems. They charge extra ($75 for Merquis Sosa, $150 for Kelcie Banks, about $150 for others.) to work with them and literally all I see them doin is holdin the pads for people, I come by myself and work harder than any of them. While Im there usually a trainer will have done a whole workout with someone and then do a whole workout with somebody else. and most the the people they train suck. For instance I see some of the guys workin with a trainer and they just look ridiculous and the trainer is sittin there not tellin them ****.

The people workin with the trainer usually shadow box a few rounds, hit the pads, weird jumping jacks, then speed bag, situps and they leave.

I normally do 2-3 rounds jumping rope, 2-3 rounds speed bag, 2-3 shadow boxing and moving around the ring, 2-3 double end bag, 3 rounds heavy bag, 2-3 rounds on the uppercut bag, 2 more rounds on the heavybag. Then sometimes I go and do some more rounds on the double end bag, heavybag, and then speed bag. I am usually at the gym for 2 hours.

As far as Diego training me that aint gonna happen. He is a nice guy though. I have been real humble and ****, I remember the first day he was there I went to hit the heavybags and I saw he was puttin gloves on so I asked if he was gonna use the heavybags and he started laughin and said "Naw, go ahead man." I said "Im not trying to get in your way." and he said "Ima use all four of them now, how about that." and started laughin.
My birthday is on monday and my gift is a year membership payed to a boxng gym. Vegas Boxing is the one I was gonna start going to.. Not as nice as that one. You pay I think 300 to 400 bucks for the whole year and you can use all the equipment and go to however many lessons you want. If you want to train one on one its 40 bucks an hour.

Animal Squabbs
02-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Dog that looks like a real good gym.. Whitch one you go to? How much they charge?

Las Vegas Boxing Gym, its on Charleston and Commerce literally right around the corner from Johny Taccos gym. They charge $30 a month if youre an amateur, $25 if you're a pro, and $50 if you dont compete and just wanna use the bags. If you want to work with a trainer they each charge their own price. Theres like 8 different trainers that go there. Two that I know are Merqui Sosa and Kelcie Banks, they are both former fighters.

Im normally there Wed, Thurs, Fri, in the afternoon and Tues at night. It gets kinda crowded at night. Sometimes theres no room to jump rope.

Animal Squabbs
02-24-2007, 12:14 AM
My birthday is on monday and my gift is a year membership payed to a boxng gym. Vegas Boxing is the one I was gonna start going to.. Not as nice as that one. You pay I think 300 to 400 bucks for the whole year and you can use all the equipment and go to however many lessons you want. If you want to train one on one its 40 bucks an hour.

well like I said, per month its $30 amatuer, $25 pro, $50 to work out.

I know Kelcie Banks charges something like $150-175 a month for him to train you. I think Sosa charges $75 a month, Some mexican guy charges $100-150 a month, the owner looks retarded and I dont talk to him though but he trains kids.

Sin City
02-24-2007, 12:26 AM
well like I said, per month its $30 amatuer, $25 pro, $50 to work out.

I know Kelcie Banks charges something like $150-175 a month for him to train you. I think Sosa charges $75 a month, Some mexican guy charges $100-150 a month, the owner looks retarded and I dont talk to him though but he trains kids.
LOL yeah I'll check it out. The reason I am not so sure about Vegas Boxing is because the manager said he could train me how to box and kick box both... I was like well they are two different things and it seems like they are feeding into that MMA **** because I saw a trainer working on grappling or whatever with some guy... I was like wtf?? lol Thats far from my house but it might be worht it.

Animal Squabbs
02-24-2007, 12:34 AM
LOL yeah I'll check it out. The reason I am not so sure about Vegas Boxing is because the manager said he could train me how to box and kick box both... I was like well they are two different things and it seems like they are feeding into that MMA **** because I saw a trainer working on grappling or whatever with some guy... I was like wtf?? lol Thats far from my house but it might be worht it.

yeah, there are LOTS of MMA gyms now because it is becoming so popular. The thing is that they really dont know anything about boxing. I went to one gym here in Vegas where they supposedly had "a boxing gym, MMA, and Kickboxing". They had boxing classes, kickboxing classes, and jiu jitsu classes. I went to look and they had a ring, a grappling mat, 4 heavybags, and a huge double end bag that nobody could miss. I asked one of the trainers if that was all the bags they had and he kinda looked confused and said in like an ******* way. "Thats pretty much all the bags you need!" and looked at me like I didnt know what I was talking about. I started laughing and walked off. No speed bag, 4 identical heavy bags, a useless double end bag, no uppercut bag, no cobra bag, no slip bag. They basically hit a heavybag and thinks that that is boxing.

Animal Squabbs
02-24-2007, 12:35 AM

it is near the premium outlets downtown.

American_Ninja
02-24-2007, 12:36 AM
looks good...i need to get me a camera...i've had 4 fights and the only one we got recorded was my most recent...i've been meaning to get a copy of my 3rd fight from the dude i fought

When you get the video post it here, http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2172466#post2172466

Sin City
02-24-2007, 12:38 AM
it is near the premium outlets downtown.
Yeah thats the thing about this gym I only saw Heavy and Speed bags.. I thought to myself well at least its something. But I don't know all the good gyms are either downtown or on the ********.. Theres nothing good up here in the north west.

Animal Squabbs
02-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah thats the thing about this gym I only saw Heavy and Speed bags.. I thought to myself well at least its something. But I don't know all the good gyms are either downtown or on the ********.. Theres nothing good up here in the north west.

at Vegas Boxing?

I noticed alot of the MMA places also seem like aerobics because they have like 20 heavybags and have like aerobic like training sessions. "punch for thirty seconds, kick for thirty seconds" etc.

Trick
02-24-2007, 02:01 AM
Well done man, you got good handspeed for a bigger guy. Honestly, while ALOT of cardio is not all that helpful in boxing (at least not very sport-specific), I would recommend maybe even working yourself up to an hour day, just because you've got a fair amount of weight to lose, especially if you wanna make 175. Nothing to intense, it's aerobic training after all, although I do personally advocate interval training. Anyways, for the larger part, I'm self-taught as well, so I can relate to that, and respect that you've got some skills. I have a gym and all, even a couple "trainers" but one on one is basically limited to passing advice. At my gym really it's the "competitors" that all train each other, there's not many of us, really only like 8-10 who are serious about competing. Ahhh well, at $30(cdn) it's good enough for me. Anyways, keep it up man, all that cardio is gonna take some painful dedication, dig deep,

Peace,
Trick

Evil_Meat
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
good **** man... man that would be crazy if diego corrales was training at my gym, id be dying to jump in the ring with him.

Gio
02-25-2007, 02:15 AM
Squabs.....you pinoy or mexican????

You pretty quick for a big man.

If you ever get a chance ask Diego if he will ever fight in Sacramento.

I use to train at Mateens Boxing gym, where Diego's step dad, Mr. Woods helped train. I met Chico's younger brother too. Real nice guy. lol, my brother use to work with him.

but anyways, you're looking good in there.

Animal Squabbs
02-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Squabs.....you pinoy or mexican????

You pretty quick for a big man.

If you ever get a chance ask Diego if he will ever fight in Sacramento.

I use to train at Mateens Boxing gym, where Diego's step dad, Mr. Woods helped train. I met Chico's younger brother too. Real nice guy. lol, my brother use to work with him.

but anyways, you're looking good in there.

Hell no Im not pinoy!!! IM half mexican and half portugese.

Gio
02-25-2007, 03:05 AM
Hell no Im not pinoy!!! IM half mexican and half portugese.

:lol1: My bad Squabbs, didnt mean to offend.

But yeah, you're looking pretty sharp man. You should get a trainer soon and a conditioning coach.

Good luck homie. :biggthump

whatevathehell
02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
how much does that heavy bag weigh you were working on?

Animal Squabbs
02-28-2007, 01:20 PM
:lol1: My bad Squabbs, didnt mean to offend.

But yeah, you're looking pretty sharp man. You should get a trainer soon and a conditioning coach.

Good luck homie. :biggthump

thanks man. After I get down to around 220 I'll try to find a trainer just so I can get some amatuer fights.

Animal Squabbs
02-28-2007, 01:20 PM
how much does that heavy bag weigh you were working on?

I dont know, I would guess around 100-120

The Surgeon
03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I bought a camera the other day and decided to experiment filming myself in the gym just for fun. I dont have a trainer so I figured I would look and see my mistakes. Now Im out of shape, right now IM about 265 and Im basically half assing it at about 55% normally I have alot more movement and footwork and my power wasnt what it normally is, but I figured I might as well put it on for the hell of it. I dont have a trainer and I havent competed amateur or pro yet. Think I can make some noise at crusier weight?

Me on the double end bag (I look like a walrus)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QboZa4JGpE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7QboZa4JGpE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Me on the Heavy bag
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vr046lMbnlE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vr046lMbnlE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Me on the Speed Bag, (Notice Diego Corrales in the back!!)
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvushzXcjXY"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nvushzXcjXY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Great vids bud! U got sum good hand speed there, espesially for a big guy and u look like u got some good power there too! :biggthump
On the downside u need to lose weight, (which uve adressed) and ur footwork looks a plodding and slow, all together a bit ridgid. But u look like u could do some damage man, u throw ur punches like me and my AM rec is 4-1 with 3KO's (Which im told is a great KO% in AM boxing)
Diego Corrales is da man! Ur 1 lucky bastard! Its cool u keep it professional too, id probably be hounding him all the time!

1_Punch_KO
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
nice work. you look very good for your weight.

btw, that gyms looks so hardcore. how much do you pay a month?

Underboss
03-14-2007, 11:04 PM
nice hand speed man. for a big guy like you. i give you credit. keep training and you'll be 100% boxing material.

p.s - dont worry about your weight. just keep punching, and training everyday.

dario
03-15-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm surprised by the way you train, that you're still not in a decent enough shape. Is your diet intake really bad? Because you can't have that bad of a metabolism.

How tall are you again?

It's still mind boggling how you train like you do, but yet maintain to stay in that shape.

Nice punches btw. Good speed for your size.

Animal Squabbs
03-16-2007, 04:07 AM
he's kinda full of **** i went to las vegas boxing this guy doesnt train as hard as he says , i watched him do the heavy bag he doesnt pivot his feet, he doesnt even hit the bag as hard. Sosa and Kelcie are good trainers mojority of their fighters are winners, sosa use to train joan guzman so he aint a ****ty trainer he knows what he's doing. get the facts before you give your judgements.

oh really, what day was that? sometimes Im flat. Also what type of gloves did I have on? Normally I switch gloves and break in some training gloves and dont hit the bags too hard with them. Depending on what gloves I had it would answer why I wasnt hitting hard supposedly. Youre kinda full of **** too, no one from boxingscene approached me. Ill gladly put more videos if you like though, they speak louder than youre words.

as far as kelcie and sosa bein good trainers. I only see them holdin the pads and makin people dp jumpin jacks. Sosa is cool and hes been talkin to me tryin to train me and I might go with him. Kelcie is cool, I try to joke with him and all but he charges WAY too much and he told me the other day about a guy he trains that thinks he knows everything, "**** it as long as he pays me, Ill work with him." thats not really what you want in a trainer.

Animal Squabbs
03-16-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm surprised by the way you train, that you're still not in a decent enough shape. Is your diet intake really bad? Because you can't have that bad of a metabolism.

How tall are you again?

It's still mind boggling how you train like you do, but yet maintain to stay in that shape.

Nice punches btw. Good speed for your size.

Im only 5'9". I probably have bad metabolism because I normally eat one bigmeal a day and that has gone on for about 10 years. Plus Im not really watchin what I eat (I dont pick out on cake and pizza but I havent been eaten healty like salads either.)

dario
03-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Im only 5'9". I probably have bad metabolism because I normally eat one bigmeal a day and that has gone on for about 10 years. Plus Im not really watchin what I eat (I dont pick out on cake and pizza but I havent been eaten healty like salads either.)

Found the reason why you're out of shape; biggest mistake any athlete could make. You'll never achieve the goals you want by doing that.

Animal Squabbs
03-16-2007, 11:08 PM
you were wearing everlast training gloves look like 14 or 16 oz, you seem pretty flat footed alot actually even in ur vid u seem not to pivot ur feet alot. I dont like it when ppl brag about their training because usually people who show off how about how theyre training and say theyre better then other people dont mean ****. i have a feeling if you ever spar somebody you wouldnt understand the whole point of sparring and try to rip their heads off. and if you complain saying all the trainers do is mitt and makes them shadow box and hit the bags what else is a trainer suppose to make you do?? thats what ur actually suppose to do in boxing all that extra crap u do like jump roping speed bag thats not realli necessary for boxing. boxing is 95% mental and 5% physical iono how speed bagging and jump roping helps but works on ur stamina. but if you really want to build your stamina get in the ring and start sparring because people can run 6 miles non stop and wont last 3 rounds sparring because thats the most work out you will ever get. and i notice when you train sometimes you take some long breaks the trainers makes them shadow box, hit the mitts, and the bag and all that its all straight going only breaks is when the red light is on so think how worked up they are??

whatever bro, you could have came up to me and said this **** instead of hiding behind the computer. One day isnt enough to judge someone off of really. I have been flatfooted Ill give you that, but like I said Im still out of shape and getting into the swing of things. As far as the breaks go, since Im on my own and not working with a trainer, sometimes when I go to put gloves on or switch gloves and maybe get water it takes longer then the 30 second break and Ill skip the round. Also sometimes I'll finish and be ready to leave then Ill just go back to it and do some more rounds.

today I went 2 rounds jumproping, 3 rounds shadow boxing, skipped a round while I was gettin my gloves on and had kelcie tie them. Then did 5 rounds straight on the heavybags, then two more rounds on the heavybag with Sosa showin me some of my mistakes (I took a break in between cause Sosa told me to cause he messed up the time.) then did two rounds of duckin under the rope with sosa, then two rounds walkin around the rings for some reason cause sosa told me to, two rounds on the double end bag, then three rounds on the speed bag. Thats 21 rounds and today was pretty much a light day. I took three rounds of in between the 21 rounds.

RockyMarcianofan00
03-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I just watched some of the videos, Keep at it and your should get better....

O yea and stop eating one big meal, try eating at least 3 regular meals, ideally though you should be eating 5 small meals a day if I'm not mistaken...

But I'm one to talk, I'm not what you would call the "cautious eater"...:D
Sad part is I know what I should do, its just that I don't :(

slickhook
03-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Do you fight with your glasses on
your looks aim is bad
you know masterbation makes your sight gone

dont box for real, please
you wont get cash
you will get twinkies

Bear4228
03-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Sad part is I know what I should do, its just that I don't :(

I heard that!

boxer2k5
03-17-2007, 06:03 PM
cool
ima psot some soon
when i get a new camera

in the meantime watch me spar

selk
02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
looks like your the next butterbean.. haha

Two Clips
02-24-2009, 11:21 AM
That just hurt the heart to see Diego training in the background.

lilevil
02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
yeah, there are LOTS of MMA gyms now because it is becoming so popular. The thing is that they really dont know anything about boxing. I went to one gym here in Vegas where they supposedly had "a boxing gym, MMA, and Kickboxing". They had boxing classes, kickboxing classes, and jiu jitsu classes. I went to look and they had a ring, a grappling mat, 4 heavybags, and a huge double end bag that nobody could miss. I asked one of the trainers if that was all the bags they had and he kinda looked confused and said in like an ******* way. "Thats pretty much all the bags you need!" and looked at me like I didnt know what I was talking about. I started laughing and walked off. No speed bag, 4 identical heavy bags, a useless double end bag, no uppercut bag, no cobra bag, no slip bag. They basically hit a heavybag and thinks that that is boxing.

R U serious? You dont need all them bags to be great. If you go into the poor areas where most of the boxers start at the gyms have couple heavybags, double end and a speed bag. How you could critizise someone who is a professional trainer is BS. Uppercut bags, cobra bags, slip bags dont make chapions, dedciation, hard work regarless of what you have or don't have around you. Also, mma is not boxing. The technique is ALOT different from pure boxing. You got alot of learning to do. But as far as your video, it looked pretty good. But on the DEB you were dropping your hands alot and work on footwork.

Landon S
02-24-2009, 03:45 PM
You were ok, pretty good speed for a guy your weight but like others said you need to drop the weight, 3 meals a day MINIMUM dude. But man you throw some lazy punches, your leaving your face way open when you throw. Straight out straight back and move (either your feet or your head...or BOTH) right after a combo. If you do it all the time in practice it'll be automatic in the ring.

That has got to be the most beautiful gym Ive ever seen lol. Wish our gym was like that but I kinda like ours, its got its own charm and once in a while we get free movies (were under the jan cinema theatre), coulda watched 'taken' last night but I was in the middle of some drills so **** that. Besides it wouldnt be fair to the others watching the movie...to stink em out with my sweat lol.